Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A question that'll turn you down. - Minitokyo

A question that'll turn you down.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

aibuster

aibuster

Gynophobia

My little brother asks me. "If practice makes perfect then why practice if nobody's perfect?" When i heard that I just got lost of motivation of studying and learning... anybody have a good response how i could get motivated again?

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Well, I think it's true that nobody's perfect....
Practising is one way to make our skill to a perfect one
Well, nobody can ever reach that 'perfect'ness, but,
you have a life, we all does,... and struglling to be better and better each day is what we do to give meaning to our life.
If you just sit there and do nothing, and die in vain, then you can't even say that you lived.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

well practice does make u better
perfect here mean , everytime u know what's wrong and try to figured it out
u r develop and change from ur mistake and learn how to make tings right
, and yeah human never perfect, it's just a metaphor

oh yeah, that cloud
i make it with some brush and differ layer and do some distort effect in PS
keep on practicing those yeah
check this one to
http://www.dafont.com/en/
hope that help with ur font prob
:D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

From The Mouths Of Babes, neh?

Its true you'll never be perfect.
But, that does not mean that you should just quite trying.
Practice won't make you perfect but it will make you better. ^_^

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

I think there's one basic mistake in your brither's reasoning : who had ever said that practice makes perfect ?
It makes better, more intelligent, faster, stronger... but perfect ?
Without practice though, you'll never be able to find out your limits or compete.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Though that saying is askew, I've questioned it myself. Basically, I say, instead of practicing to be perfect, I'll practice to be better than everyone else because then I would be the defintion of perfect if no one can beat me at whatever it is that I'm practicing. Now, what I've said can't be taken lightly... like you can't say "I'll practice to be the best skater in the world!" when you've got like no leg and weight like 400lbs. It has to be AT least something reasonable... like being the best in a class.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

"Practice makes perfect" is just a catch phrase. It's easy on the tongue. Much easier than saying, "Practice makes you really good but not quite perfect."

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

smack your little brother on the head for ruining your motivation... i mean... >_______> errr....

Practicing makes you better. Theres no real reason to just stop and give up, even if you realise that nobody can be "perfect." Besides, everyones opionion of "perfect" is different.

"Perfect is in the eye of the beholder..." >_____> wow that was a cheezy quote...

Mew

Mew

sweet girl

heheee so you can be better then Mew of crouse ^^' heeheee... how wouldnt want to be better then mew???? xD though i'm sure most people are already^^

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.