Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 IMAGE of CHARACTERS ruined - Minitokyo

IMAGE of CHARACTERS ruined

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

When im browsing through the net looking for anime pics for wallpapers, winamp skins etc, i find quite a few hentai-ish pictures of characters from well-known anime. Do a search engine on your fav female character and most likely you'll find the odd one where their breasts are completely oversized and they're drawn in a rather "derogatory position". I'm later surprised to be told that there are people out there making hentai manga out of these characters, you can tell they're not official.
Surely this is bad for the image of the said characters and anime as a whole and isn't it insulting to the orginal creators? Although if you like that sort of thing then i have nothing against you, im just pointing this issue out.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Unforunetly, Japan has a clause that says you can use their anime characters in any way you like-- they assume it will be for promotional use (hence Doujinshi's). But there are some people who take advantage of such rules and use them to their own gains deciding that hentai would be a nice form for the beautiful anime characters. But if you think about it, it's still publicity.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Sometimes it is disturbing... especially with the fan-work I've seen of Sailor Uranus/Haruka where they make her more feminine with large breasts and very scanty outfits, but that's not her at all... And it's also disturbing to see the underaged characters like Shinobu from Love Hina and Sakura from CCS in hentai doujins... or cutesy-style characters that may be in high-school, but they still look too young...

But they have entire conventions just for doujinshi where hundreds of Doujinshi artists go to sell their books... And I hear that "Comic Party" started out as a doujinshi and then became an officially distributed manga, picked up by a major publishing company... a lot of mangaka in the mainstream start out in the making of doujinshi... it's like practice... and how well your sales are are a testament to how well you do...

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

to be honest im not really familiar with the term Doujinshi. Can someone please explain? Is it a form of manga made by fans?
I agree with what you said Terra-chan about Shinobu and Sakura, these younger characters are most likely to be the ones younger anime fans would relate to and choose as favorites, so to see them portrayed in such a way is not good at all.

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

Doujinshi is what people draw usually just for fun.... its character drawings of peoples perspectives of a character. in other words, highly appreciated fan art.

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Doujinshi is manga made by private press. Artist draw their own books and comics and then get them printed by small printing companies in generally limited stock. However "Doujinshi" and "Doujins" is often used synomynously with "Fan-comic" since most Doujinshi are fan-made stories and art based on existing characters from anime and manga. However some doujinshi is original work and stories too.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

RoninOtakuKnight

RoninOtakuKnight

Strength & Honor

these so called doujinshi fan that make such ridiculous anime are just sick beyond belief. I mean who in the right mind enjoys little, underdeveloped girls put up on show, with the exception of rapists and child molestor of course.

God is in Heaven and all is right with the world...
-NERV

Quote by RoninOtakuKnightthese so called doujinshi fan that make such ridiculous anime are just sick beyond belief. I mean who in the right mind enjoys little, underdeveloped girls put up on show, with the exception of rapists and child molestor of course.

you'd be surprised then actually, try goin to 4chan.org for a day and youll see what i mean......

lalatne

Meier Link

I think this topic is just for people who loves anime sooo much. But for me, I think It look stupid if the anime characters are change and look horny, but for me I rather watch hentai coz it's better and it's doesn't look so bad. for me if Ecchi anime is drawn to hentai, well... it's OK for me coz Ecchi is near from Hentai. but Anime likve Ah! My Goddess damn it's sucks.

RoninOtakuKnight

RoninOtakuKnight

Strength & Honor

i stand corrected
the world has gone to hell in a handbasket
where's by gun*looks in the drawer of an endtable* not there *looks at the shotgun over the mantle* ahh ha.

God is in Heaven and all is right with the world...
-NERV

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Yes this is a very disturbing aspect when it comes to drawing anime and manga. It's like the characters are mocked and sometimes you get those designs where they try to mimic the characters making fans think: "is that who I think she is?" or "man, that sure does look like..."
Mainly I think it's a kinda of offensive to alter such beautiful characters in such way. Altering their facial expressions that the character would never show, and giving them SD proportions that are simply sick. It can turn someone who loves the character into someone who dislikes the character because the image is so 'not-her/him'.

Quote by lalatneI think this topic is just for people who loves anime sooo much. But for me, I think It look stupid if the anime characters are change and look horny, but for me I rather watch hentai coz it's better and it's doesn't look so bad. for me if Ecchi anime is drawn to hentai, well... it's OK for me coz Ecchi is near from Hentai. but Anime likve Ah! My Goddess damn it's sucks.

I agree with lalatne here. I'd rather watch hentai, because their intentions are simply what they show and not something that is mocking the originals of another anime.

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

You're right. It's just disgusting, sometimes... ^^;;

i say sometimes because some of the hentai/ecchi art is actually quite goregeous, but only when they haven't taken "poetic license" with the characters' apperances. [nod-nod]

Just to provide more info on the sickening topic of pedophile-like love of young anime/manga girls, here's a description from Wikipedia.
x_x There's also one for young anime/manga boys...
They have great information for people who don't know many terms of manga. (just search for "manga".) ^-^ Hope that helps anyone.
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.