Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Share something unique about your country!!! - Minitokyo

Share something unique about your country!!!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

One of the things I like the most about MT besides the huge amount of images (which is great) is that you can find people from several countries with differents languages, tastes and ways of think about the anime and the life (btw, *hugs my friends at MT* :D thanks for sharing your friendship with me, I really appreciate it) I mean, differents countries have differents customs and shape the personality of people in differents ways.

Ok, to the point cuz this is getting long, I'd like to know about things that you only see or does in your country and that belong to your country, I mean more like unique products or customs and not like buildings or engineering marvels, more like things that represent your contry anywere else, I hope I make myself clear since sometimes it's hard to write in English ^_^'

For example, here at Colombia we have all kind of foods that you can't get anywhere else, like Ajiaco, arepas, bandeja paisa, etc. I'll explain this later since I think this is getting too long.

So, making it short, what makes your country unique??

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

"Nasi Liwet"
rice cooked with coconut milk and chicken broth
served with roasted chicken slices, fried onion, chicken 'opor' (chicken cooked in coconut soup, a bit similar to curry), boiled egg, and a thickened tasty (a bit salty) coconut milk paste...
yeah, almost 70% of this food consists of coconut, but once you try it, you will want more, and more.... ^______^
this food is very famous in Central Java

mmm... *yum yum* started to get hungry, yet? XD

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

I'm from Belgium and I think it's our chocolate that's well-known world wide... I think lots of people can appreciate it. But is it only unique food you ask ?

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Quote by KorganoS"Nasi Liwet"
rice cooked with coconut milk and chicken broth
served with roasted chicken slices, fried onion, chicken 'opor'
(chicken cooked in coconut soup, a bit similar to curry), boiled egg,
and a thickened tasty (a bit salty) coconut milk paste...
yeah, almost 70% of this food consists of coconut, but once you try it,
you will want more, and more.... ^______^
this food is very famous in Central Java
mmm... *yum yum* started to get hungry, yet? XD

Sounds good, I feel hungry too, actually here is like 2:30pm and I haven't lunch so I feel hungry anyway :)
Can you and all the ppl who answer this forum post the country you're from, pls??

Vampire

Vampire

Somebody is watching you, always

Mexico, in Mexico we have of everything, well ... almost :)
Here there is a wide variety of food, things that go from the classic "Pozole", the "Tamales" and up to already throughout the world known "Taco".
The representative drink of Mexico is the "Tequila" (yaho!!!) is an alcoholic very effective drink :)
And the "Mariachi", a group of musicians composed by several guitarists, trumpets, violinists, between other things.
Besides, the people are nice and hospitable...
In purpose ... you have to come to Mexico to feel it.

In Switzerland we got Cheese and Chocolate :)

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

woah
me me me ....
"gudeg"
young jack fruit served with coconut milk
sometime add peanut and egg slices and
rambak (chips made from cow skin)

sorry can't expalin more detailed ^^'
my english sux >.<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Quote by TimeZeroI'm from Belgium and I think it's our chocolate that's well-known world
wide... I think lots of people can appreciate it. But is it only unique
food you ask ?

No, not only food, actually I'd like to know more about customs than about food ^_^'
Here at Colombia we have a Carnival called "el carnaval de blancos y negros" (the blacks and whites carnival) where people paint their faces with black paint and throw white powder to other people, they do this carnival to celebrate the miscegenation from which our people comes.

Multiculturalism. Take a guess at what country I'm from, since we're the only ones with this as an offical law. =)

Albiore

Albiore

Webmaster

Greetings:

In Chili (Chile, a country xD) We have Moais n___________~ in Isla de Pascua.

In Vietnam, they hav a M'Donald sum where in the north wich cost a whole months pay or sumin :\

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

In Philippines we have Chicken Adobo, Palabok, Lumpia and so many different languages i can't tell which language i inherited. As for our custom i totally forgot. ^_^'

XDarkDestinyX

XDarkDestinyX

Forgotten Dreamer

Err, I live in the US...so yeah..? There are just alot of different stuff here...so I can't narrow it down.

sigh...my country bans chewing gum, fireworks and Sex and The City XD how's THAT for redundant?

gundex

gundex

- Gundam Freak -

ha ha nice thread... ^_^... i live in Indonesia in Surabaya city, East Java... In Indonesia we've a lot of unique thing each province hav their unique things so i'll share the unique thing in me province only... here in Java island... we've use funny word to express our feelings... in west country is common to say f**k u!!!, if u feel upset or maybe if ur give response to ur friend joke... or in many other situation but here in East Java (as far as i know this happen mostly in Java... ^_^) we say "endasmu!!!" that means "your head" or "matamu!!!" means "your eyes" ^_^.... weird eh...??

-- \"It\'s because there\'s something i can protect only by fighting.\" Kira Yamato --

Signature

kroocshanc

a curious cat

mmmm.. US uses like half of thier resources.. and we have a lot of pollution.. lol.. but thats not what ur looking for.. lol..

hm.. something in the US.. oh i noe! in and out!!! great burger place! I think its only in california though.. or did they spread? o.O

and.. um... democracy?? lol..

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Quote by PyroGothsigh...my country bans chewing gum, fireworks and Sex and The City XD how's THAT for redundant?

in my country...Colombia....there is little which is banned....
we had the fortuned that the first anime series where directly dubbed for national TV from the original japanese series....

RANMA 1/2 was aired in national TV at lunch time for about a year or more ^^; un-cut! (for an hour...every day...in fact, the OAV´s where showned in national TV too)

IDontHaveAName

IDontHaveAName

Disciple of the Mind

Well, I'm from the US (unfortunately). The customary norm here seems to be ignorance, greed, and a healthy dose of the ol' ultraviolence. That, and no one likes to take responsibility for what they do or don't do.

You might be thinking "there are always a few people like that everywhere". Unfortunately, the US seems to have alot more of those kind of people than anywhere else. That's what's unique about the country I love <cough><hate><cough>! Go USA!

You think that because I don't carry a weapon that I am helpless. I have no need for one. I possess skills that you can never comprehend....

After all, when your mind is a weapon of mass destruction, who needs something as weak as a gun?

ProzacPlus

ProzacPlus

Banned

me is from austria (not australia+)

we are masters of classic music (mozart, beethoven, ect.)
of junk food like vienna sausage (wiener) schnitzel (thin steak fried with egg an bread)
and other courious things, like jodeln (special form of singing...)
since in austria everyone is skiing, we dominate the winter olympics
and the all ski related contests.
besides, in austria its not santa bringing the presents,
it is the "christkind" a beautiful young angelic girl with wings.
every year in vienna there is a huge christmas market from november until new year,
and a contest, and the winning girl becomes "christkind". it is like "miss christmas"-
it has to be a blond haired young beautiful girl able to look like an angel...
sounds a bit like pop idol thingy heh :)))

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are what make my country, the United States of America, very unique.
We are the only country that is established by a social contract, and that contract has not been broken for over 200 years.
Yes, as time changes so do law, but the bases of my Freedom and Rights are never infringed.
And even when the government tries to, my Senator and people of Congress fight to restore it due to lack of judgment or current events.
This is what makes my country glorious.
To those who live here and don't like it, who live here and benefit from the sacrifices and resources that make our nation strong and plentiful, I just have one thing to say, “stop living IN MY country AND fuckin MOVE!!
Like IDontHaveAName up there.
Fuckin move bitch.
Tolerance is mandated, yes, but when there is too much of this going around like what your saying, categorization and blanketing all American with your rash logic, that really boils my blood and pisses me off.

Signature

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

Quote by ProzacPlusme is from austria (not australia+)
we are masters of classic music (mozart, beethoven, ect.)
of junk food like vienna sausage (wiener) schnitzel (thin steak fried with egg an bread)
and other courious things, like jodeln (special form of singing...)
since in austria everyone is skiing, we dominate the winter olympics
and the all ski related contests.
besides, in austria its not santa bringing the presents,
it is the "christkind" a beautiful young angelic girl with wings.
every year in vienna there is a huge christmas market from november until new year,
and a contest, and the winning girl becomes "christkind". it is like "miss christmas"-
it has to be a blond haired young beautiful girl able to look like an angel...
sounds a bit like pop idol thingy heh :)))

You forgot to mention Inspector Rex :p that show is wicked...

and oykotinim... isnt FREE SPEECH a part of your bill of rights?? (rhetorical question) :p no name can live where he wants and say what he wants :sweat:

Now to answer the question...
Australia
Foods: Vegimite, the meat pie...
Sport: Cricket (not unique but our national sport), AFL
Customs: Layed-back easy going; We always want the 'underdog' to win in anything; sport is very important; mateship. Like most countries the rich people break with tradition and make their own rules :(... but each to their own
Misc: Sydney habour bridge and opera house.
Animals: Koalas; Kangaroos; Wallabies; Platapuses;heaps of Snakes, sharks, spiders (redback spider in S.A (the best state))

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

dhunter

dhunter

Pantsman to the rescue

Here in Canada, we have maple sirup, we're the biggest producers in the world (almost the only one too)

Signature
Are those... pants on your head???

kuroz

kuroz

Confused?

Quote by PyroGothsigh...my country bans chewing gum, fireworks and Sex and The City XD how's THAT for redundant?

From the same sad place... To add on, my fellow countrymen are rated as having one of the lowest libido drive by a global Durex survey and one of our favourite national pastime is in bashing the gov't policies though we always vote for the same party.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Designator

Well lets see sweden, we got the swedish smorgasboard ;) and of course or gorgeous blonde big hipped and largechested women :P

"He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.