Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Comment hidden/cut off bug workaround - Minitokyo

Comment hidden/cut off bug workaround

page 1 of 1 1 total item

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I have found a nice workaround for that bug where the page will load but the comment/reply box will be cut off or hidded by a grey box. On one of the previous topics users suggested resizing the borowsers to fix it. While this does work, it gets kind of annoying.

I have found that you can adapt a Firefox extension designed to fix a similar problem on slashdot to MT. It forces the page to be redrawn once it is completely loaded, thus rendering the page correctly. This causes a flickering effect, so I restricted it to urls containing "gallery.minitokyo.net/view/". Grab the extension here and download it (do not install yet). Open slashfix.xpi with a zip program (I used winrar), and open slashfix.jar with the zip program again. Find the file slashfixOverlay.js and edit it. Find the function reflowOnSlashdot() and replace it with the following:

function reflowOnSlashdot() {
if (window._content.document.location.href.indexOf('minitokyo.net')!=-1) {
var s=window._content.document.body.style;
var x=s.display;
s.display='none';
s.display=x;
}
}

Save the file and put it back in the .jar and then .xpi. Install the extension.

Note: I deserve absolutely no credit for this. I merely noticed that this could be useful on MT as well as slashdot.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 1 total item

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.