Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Snow falling on userpage.. - Minitokyo

Snow falling on userpage..

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

ok, quite a lot of people have asked me how I did this, so I decided to give away the code for this little gimmick. All you have to do is copy-paste the code below into the content of your userpage and you'll have yourself some nice snowflakes. Note that I didn't make this little piece of code but ripped it from another site. Also, I wouldn't mind if you didn't credit me for ripping it XD. I thought it looked nice with the colors in my userpage ^^

An example of this at work is of course at my userpage. Also, if anyone can provide me with a better snowflake, I'd be honored to use it. Make sure the snowflake is 24x24 pixels in size and is still recognizable as a snowflake XD

Here's the code. Copy-paste EVERYTHING after this:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2"><!--

//Edit the next few lines to suit your page. Recommended values are:
//numFlakes = 10; downSpeed = 0.01; lrFlakes = 10;

var pictureSrc = 'http://www.boomspeed.com/gamefish/snow.gif'; //the location of the snowflakes
var pictureWidth = 20; //the width of the snowflakes
var pictureHeight = 20; //the height of the snowflakes
var numFlakes = 25; //the number of snowflakes
var downSpeed = 0.01; //the falling speed of snowflakes (portion of screen per 100 ms)
var lrFlakes = 10; //the speed that the snowflakes should swing from side to side
//relative to distance fallen (swing increases with fewer
//snowflakes to fill available space)

//--></script>
<script src="http://www.boomspeed.com/gamefish/snowflakes.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2"></script>

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Is this the exact content to be inserted? can you see it in the js preview?

Quote: <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2"><!--

var pictureSrc = 'http://www.boomspeed.com/gamefish/snow.gif'; //the location of the snowflakes
var pictureWidth = 20; //the width of the snowflakes
var pictureHeight = 20; //the height of the snowflakes
var numFlakes = 25; //the number of snowflakes
var downSpeed = 0.01; //the falling speed of snowflakes (portion of screen per 100 ms)
var lrFlakes = 10; //the speed that the snowflakes should swing from side to side
//relative to distance fallen (swing increases with fewer
//snowflakes to fill available space)

//--></script>
<script src="http://www.boomspeed.com/gamefish/snowflakes.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2"></script>

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

thehuntress

thehuntress

~<3 cinnamonoroll-chan~

sugoi.. thanks!! xD

+=+ i wish to forever hear the song of the wind and drown myself in its melody.. +=+ <3<3 huntress-chan

Wow. o.o That's neat! XD Do you remember which site you ripped the code from? XD I'd love to check it out. Thanks for sharing anyways.

Nakayori

Nakayori

:: Rawr ::

I was going to add floaty things to my userpage, except with flowers or something. xD;; Procrastination should burn. ><;;

Signature

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

wow
thx for share it here with us
game fish ^^
usefull coding ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

thanks very much gamefish, maybe i can try this one... ^^

dans

dans

busy u_u

oh my. very cool. thanks. XD

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

That's another nice tutorial :-)

Btw, isn't is so that when a lot of people asked for this code, all of them are going to publish it on their userpage ? But what about originality then ?
I saw some nice Xmas userpages without this coding too...

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Why does MT chose to double post for me I'll never know.....why I'm not allowed to delete it either really pisses me off....

Anyways thanks though for sharing a code you didn't make and posting it here without the permission of the maker Game.

Signature Image

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I honestly suggest crediting the maker of the code considering I'm pretty sure you took it without asking...Which is a BIG pet peeve of mine.

Though..I highly doubt THAT many people asked that you had to post it on the forum. Send it to the people that are asking for it. You really didn't need to make a topic for it, though it was very generous of you, I'd like to see credit to the maker of it since you're publically displaying it and I'm pretty sure its without premission from the webmaster. So please change this immediately. I know for a fact if it was mine I wouldn't be happy to know someone was stealing my work without asking. Its the same as ripping a wall. Sorry to be such an ass, but being a former webmaster myself its something I take very seriously.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.