Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Taking Images from other Galleries - Minitokyo

Taking Images from other Galleries

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 151 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Okay, I've been reeeeeal good about not saying too much earlier, but this has become a serious problem and I really don't like the way Minitokyo is going.<br><br>

As some of you know, I am the President and webmistress of Anime Project Alliance. We are a non-profit organization, and the club has received only two donations, a one dollar bill and a $5 check that bounced ($25 charge) so we've earned a whole lot of -$19USD. Everything that goes into that website I pay for out of my own pocket. I buy artbooks and magazines and <b>rip them up</b> to make the scans I make. I work my ass off for that site, and people jack the images and post them on places like here to get levels and I hardly get credit.<br><br>

So what's the point? I made my website because at the time, anime galleries sucked and I wanted people to see stuff that normally they would have to either go to Japan to see, or are too chicken to rip up a few things for a decent scan. I know many other web owners that feel the exact same way. I am not laying down half of my paycheck every month so I can have a bunch of people screw me.<br><br>

So this is what I am going to start doing with Sheqel's permission: I want to delete images that are jacked from people and either don't say that it is from somebody else or without a website in the comments section. If you notice, if I got it from the internet I say "Not my scan." and if I have a website I will also place that underneath. It will keep your images up and it will also help with the 30 character minimum that so many of you complain to me about in PM.<br><br>

Get it? Credit the image or it's toast. I really want to shut down APA, but it will break my heart. It hurts to know that I am a moderator here and people are uploading <b>my</b> stuff and it's allowed.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

makes sense ... kick some ass girl ... !!!

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

finally!! THANK YOU nuriko!! ^O^ .. This has been bothering me FOREVER!!

Agreed with Taurec.. Go go go!! ^__^ .. keep APA alive!!

raging_otter

Not In

yeah i agree, ppl should always credit the original scanner
btw who the heck sent you a bounced check? kick his arse!!

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

the scan gallery has been long overdue for a spring cleaning XD

give em hell nuri~ =p

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

That was my problem from the start. I told Sheq that people wouldn't upload their own scans. They would just take them from sites and rip them.

I'm behind you Nuri. Go fuck `em up.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

i got a better idea, no more scan submitting, making me dizzy with all these running around.
and die leechers, *me stab leecher*

I didn't think much about this before, but when you mention it I agree with you. This is almost like ripping a wallpaper.

Go Nuriko!

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I totally agree with you nuriko Its just plain wrong and mean. I hate to see APA go away, it rocks. :D There are so many cool and rare scans there. Go get them.

Signature

Good Idea (I know I have a lot of scans that aren't mine but I have tried to credit the site that I got it from. And if I could rember itI would.) But I am in total agreement with it if it isn't your scan say it isn't. I think a bit of honesty can go a long way :D

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

i agree with nuriko, all af you who submit scans got it from somewhere, and you can trace it down, so credit the original scanner. people like nuriko had made a real effort to help anime lovers and graphic designers and is really unfair that they have to pay consecuences (and that includes money), becaouse of people who wants only to level up un a forum to get a damned white skin.
Most of us know sites like albatross and APA long before minitokyo, and we have a debt with them.

I support this measure completely. not credit, not submited.
And nuri, you know people love your site, and (at least for me) APA is more important than MT, it is not fair it gets spoiled.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

DeusIth

The universe in a dot

Quote by NurikoGet it? Credit the image or it's toast.

Thumbs up on this one. screw the l33chers

I totally agree, if it's some one else's work, don't steal their thunder, they did the work, deserve the credit.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein

Quote by NurikoOkay, I've been reeeeeal good about not saying too much earlier, but
this has become a serious problem and I really don't like the way
Minitokyo is going.<br><br>
As some of you know, I am the President and webmistress of Anime
Project Alliance. We are a non-profit organization, and the club has
received only two donations, a one dollar bill and a $5 check that
bounced ($25 charge) so we've earned a whole lot of -$19usd. Everything
that goes into that website I pay for out of my own pocket. I buy
artbooks and magazines and <b>rip them up</b>
to make the scans I make. I work my ass off for that site, and people
jack the images and post them on places like here to get levels and I
hardly get credit.<br><br>
So what's the point? I made my website because at the time, anime
galleries sucked and I wanted people to see stuff that normally they
would have to either go to Japan to see, or are too chicken to rip up a
few things for a decent scan. I know many other web owners that feel
the exact same way. I am not laying down half of my paycheck every
month so I can have a bunch of people screw me.<br><br>
So this is what I am going to start doing with Sheqel's permission: I
want to delete images that are jacked from people and either don't say
that it is from somebody else or without a website in the comments
section. If you notice, if I got it from the internet I say "Not my
scan." and if I have a website I will also place that underneath. It
will keep your images up and it will also help with the 30 character
minimum that so many of you complain to me about in PM.<br><br>
Get it? Credit the image or it's toast. I really want to shut down APA,
but it will break my heart. It hurts to know that I am a moderator here
and people are uploading <b>my</b> stuff and it's allowed.

do u know why that happens?
because this website politics : you must have level 10 or higher to download images.
that`s why people upload anyhting they find, just to get to 10th level

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i love APA, and i'd be heartbroken if it went away ;_; stop the uncredited ripage!

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

Quote by GGerena

Quote by NurikoOkay, I've been reeeeeal good about not saying too much earlier, but this has become a serious problem and I really don't like the way Minitokyo is going.<BR><BR>As some of you know, I am the President and webmistress of Anime Project Alliance. We are a non-profit organization, and the club has received only two donations, a one dollar bill and a $5 check that bounced ($25 charge) so we've earned a whole lot of -$19usd. Everything that goes into that website I pay for out of my own pocket. I buy artbooks and magazines and <B>rip them up</B> to make the scans I make. I work my ass off for that site, and people jack the images and post them on places like here to get levels and I hardly get credit.<BR><BR>So what's the point? I made my website because at the time, anime galleries sucked and I wanted people to see stuff that normally they would have to either go to Japan to see, or are too chicken to rip up a few things for a decent scan. I know many other web owners that feel the exact same way. I am not laying down half of my paycheck every month so I can have a bunch of people screw me.<BR><BR>So this is what I am going to start doing with Sheqel's permission: I want to delete images that are jacked from people and either don't say that it is from somebody else or without a website in the comments section. If you notice, if I got it from the internet I say "Not my scan." and if I have a website I will also place that underneath. It will keep your images up and it will also help with the 30 character minimum that so many of you complain to me about in PM.<BR><BR>Get it? Credit the image or it's toast. I really want to shut down APA, but it will break my heart. It hurts to know that I am a moderator here and people are uploading <B>my</B> stuff and it's allowed.

do u know why that happens? because this website politics : you must have level 10 or higher to download images. that`s why people upload anyhting they find, just to get to 10th level

lol, i was reading a few times, till i get what u tried to say, its policy, not politics, lol

ok, i must say. those who tries to just join and download scans are wasting our bandwidth. having them download scans at level 10, reduces the number of join/part leechers. however, it creates stupid spammers. so, its hard to balance off bit of both

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Was browsing the past gallery scans and find like quadruple scans from last to first, and yeah i can see some scans from other sites not credited...Must be because of getting the higher level! :)

You go girl!

shirahana

white flower

Ah.... Nuriko.... ;__; Don't let a bunch of bastards ruin your passion of scans! I understand it's incredibly frustrating and you just want to give them the middle finger -_-; But honestly, the stealing isn't going to stop x_x; Many times, I've found people who have stolen my graphics... At first, I was incredibly angry.... but the more I dealt with those people, the more I realized how clueless they were! They don't have a concept of what stealing is on the web... So I go through the process of explaining.... and if their parents taught them enough sense, they'll stop... But some just think the whole idea of "stealing on the web" is stupid.... What's there to steal if it it's not tangible, right? But it has the potential to become tangible once you print it out... The internet's just a way to connect millions of people and share information... and it works! Think how huge your gallery is, Nuriko! You've affected soooooooo many graphic designers out there!

You should've had the power to delete those stolen scans a long time ago! I'm sure the rest of the MT members that didn't steal will help and click the "Report" link ^_^ Just don't let a bunch of bastards get you down! ^_~

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Quote by Cloudninethe scan gallery has been long overdue for a spring cleaning XD
give em hell nuri~ =p

Just do what that wise man writes and make them pay! XD

Quote by JinzhouI'm behind you Nuri. Go fuck `em up.

lol Quite suggestive, Jinzhou, aren't you? XD

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

Hey, works for me! A very good idea indeed.
And I LOVE APA! Pleeeeeeeeease don't make it go away!

I agree with Nuriko on this one. *hugs* Go for it.
As for the 10-level image downloading, why not? Afterall, if you're actually going to -use- the images, it shouldn't be hard to get to level 10 [ie, you'll probably have some walls made at that point to help you get there]. And for people like me, who really don't d/l the scans anyway, it shouldn't matter much. I like to scan my own images, personally.
So, go for it, Nuriko =)

Signature
my guy: my life would be complete with rapid weight loss and larger breasts.
me: boobs on a stick! boobs on a stick!

Yeah, nuriko! Kill 'em, they all deserve to DIE!

If knowing is believing, I'm drowning in delusions.

That was one of the first things I noticed when I came to minitokyo .. people uploading scans from other sites and not giving credit.. so I'm glad that you guys will clean the gallery and take off this scans.. and sorry Nuriko .. people do this things no matter how much you say it T_T .. some people just don't realize the effort you put into this.. so I feel ya..

Quote by sammoi love APA, and i'd be heartbroken if it went away ;_; stop the uncredited ripage!

I feel the same way as sammo :/ .. please don't take away.. I love your scans!! T_T your site is like the best source out there..

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

I have the same mindset here.....but itz really hard to force ppl to scan their own stuff these days.....like scans that get posted online circulate and move around so much that you won't really know who the original credit should go to....i guess if u are willing to post up ur scans online then you shouldn't be afriad that those scans will get circulated without credit....cuz itz just impossible to prevent that XD NOT that i'm encouraging ppl to do it of course....

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 151 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.