Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Hayao Miyazaki Movie? - Minitokyo

Favorite Hayao Miyazaki Movie?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Which Hayao Miyazaki movie do you like the most? Mines would probably be Totoro and Spirited Away.

I haven't really watched that many but thus far, I really like Mononoke Hime.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

yukiichan

yukiichan

..xnekox..

I like Kiki's Delivery Service the best i think ^________^

then probably Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Laputa and Nausicaa of the Windy Valley!! They're all so good i can't choose which ones the best that i like ><;;

yuki-chan | KLAC | AsuCaga | KiraxLacus

mmmm Mononoke, I think the forest of the Shishigami was so beautifully done, and the story is very immersive

Hotaru no Haku (Grave of the Fireflies, I think) made me CRY the first time I watched it, and I do not cry easily -_-

Nausicaa was also a very... dunno how to say it, but I guess... charming story

vote goes to mononoke, though :P

_(\__/)
_/o\/o\
m \ . / m

This is Moonfox. He likes to eat Bunnies. He's content enough with his life not to want world domination. Copy him into your sig if you're boring and uncreative or if you just like copying things into your sig. :)

It is really hard to pick from Nausica, Laputa, Mononoke, Kiki, and the one with the violin maker & aspiring novelist (forgot name ^^), but Mononoke just seems to stand apart. The characters are all pretty cool, a detailed story where there is no black and white, great action, and a romance to wrap everything up.

wow, zitoh... you sure a big fan of hayao eh? not all hayao's creation i like. the best is spirirted away and i like the cat returns too. i like totoro when i was a child back then (i remember insist my mother to buy me a totoro bag. actually its quality is not good, but i insisted "i want that bag! i want totoro-chan!" soemthing like that... he heh ^^).

erm.... i like mononoke too coz i like the scenery... omg it's so great!!! laputa...? not really.. is it the same as "castle in the sky"? i like it though. kiki is quite fun. the aspiring novelist (do you mean "only yesterday"?) not really... coz it somehow really boring for me (sorry.... for the fan of this movie). and i like "whisper of the heart" actually the plot is very simple... but somehow i like it.

i agree with moonfox. grave of the fireflies is really somehow makes me cry (my sister said that i am a monster wihtout tears, coz i seldom cry and too sentimental at things) but it successfully makes me cry! and actually although i cry, i don't really like that movie! coz sad-ending.... but the brotherly-realtionship is somehow touched me. ouch! being sentimenal??

baybeebean

baybeebean

Mameshiba!

My favorite one would be eithe Castle in the Sky or Nausicaa. i liked both of them so much! :)

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

I remember Nausicaa being quite good..saw it when i was young... <3 princess mononoke...the little forest spirits are soo cute!

I liked Spirited Away & Princess Mononoke.... They're very good & I would enjoy it if I watched them again.

Ah sorry, I was away from home when I posted and it only let me open one window at a time T_T. Well I am back and I glanced around, and the name of the movie is Mimi wo sumaseba or "Whisper of the Heart" that you mentioned gsherry. Main characters are Shizuku that later writes the book about the Baron from "The Cat Returns" and the guy is Seiji who is trying to learn how to make violins.

Yeah Laputa is the castle in the sky. I am a pretty big fan of Miyazaki but the main reason I know all these films is because I bought a collection of 13 of his movies on DVD for like 60 dollars :D Also, Pocro Rosso is a very good film.

Meleth

Meleth

I really like all the works of Studio Ghibli, but my favorite is 'Grave of the Fireflies' is one of the best movies of all time, the love that Seita has for his sister, and the care he has for her at so young age is admirable! This story made me think about all that children that lost everything after the bombing of Japan, you know in wars the ones who more sufers are the childrens.

Signature

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Mononoke Hime & Spirited Away!!
Grave of the Fireflies is one of the best anime movies ever, IMO, but it was a bit too sad for me... :(

i still haven't watched the last movie... I'm guessing that it's very good :)

Quote by Moonfoxvote goes to mononoke, though :P

Same here! It's my personal fav :)

Dirty

Dirty

too many steps ahead.

Quote by Meleth 'Grave of the Fireflies'

Top shelf movie but a common mistake is that it is not a Hayo Miyazaki but a Isao Takahata film.

Barefoot Gen is another excellent anime movie of similar theme.

My personal favourite is Nausicaä Of The Valley Of The Wind.

Attempting to escape the matrix...

Signature

vialyn

vialyn

music is life~

my favourite would be princess mononoke and spirited away.
no matter how many times i watched it, i want to see it again!

Quote by ZitohAlso, Pocro Rosso is a very good film.

ya. i agree waith Zitoh.
but the ending................
don really like it.
it makes me feel as if the story doesn't end at all.

Spirited away :).

definetely, spirited away, i just loved the story! very nice graphics too

Sharian

Sharian

Fan of Skip Beat!

All of his work are really nice, i like all of it.
But i like Naussica the best.

Skip Beat!

Signature

Dreamsprite

Dreamsprite

Leaf Village Shinobi

I like Howl's Moving Castle because of howl he's just so cool.

Princess Mononoke was the coolest, but Spirited Away was better. The visuals were just way too good.

*Spoilers*
When that little girl goes into the room with the giant black blob thing and the camera zooms out I was like, "wow, that's the most disgustingly phenomenal thing I've ever seen". It's was like a rubber-neck-enducing traffic accident in anime form.

classical...masterpeices...love it . PRINCESS MONONOKE!

EsunaMeggy

EsunaMeggy

Bubbly and Eccentric

I would say that my favorite is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
-Mel Brooks

Nausicaä of the valley of the wind or Laputa Castle in the Sky.

Mamoru Mono Nado Nai

Delilah-chan

Delilah-chan

Freddie no neko =^o^=

I like Mononoke Hime and Sen to Chihiro *O*!

Mononoke Hime is a beutiful movie! I Love it... *-*
And Sen to Chihiro too xD

Man, that is such a hard choice! I would say that I liked Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, then maybe howls moving castle and mononoke hime. I also loved spirited away though... I just can decide!

merged: 04-16-2006 ~ 09:13am
Man, that is such a hard choice! I would say that I liked Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, then maybe howls moving castle and mononoke hime. I also loved spirited away though... I just can decide!

A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine...
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.