Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mai-Otome - Minitokyo

Tagged under My-Otome

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

eden13600

eden13600

Mr. Lonely

well, "Mai-Otome" is another season of the previous series "Mai-HiME".... i think somebody had heard it before already.... so let's talk about it! this is the official website of "Mai-Otome"....

http://www.my-zhime.net/

Friends still are friends, but just cannot too caring about friends and about to forgot your family..... :)

evad83

evad83

Balancer Apprentice

Hm, from what I heard, it is going to be totally different, at least plot-wise, and though many of the characters have the same name and look as many from Mai-Hime (Natsuki, Nao, Chizuru, etc..), they shld be playing somewat different roles (though having similar personalities as last time would also be cool ..).

i am pretty much looking forward on how it will end up, whether it will be a lighter show compared with the original Mai Hime (my guess is tat it will be) or as dark/darker-themed (the mind games...) that is often occuring in Mai-Hime...

All in all, I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one....

~ Bored of getting bored with boredom ~

I'm also waiting for this series. So far I only saw an image with Natsuki wearing clothes a la Gundam.

But I really want to see more about the Natsuki and Shizuru's relationship. :P

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

I'm already hyped for the anime series. I'm so happy to see the return of the old characters (especially Nat and Shiz) . I'm currently checking out the manga version. There's quite a few yuri moments thrown in and some of the old characters definitely appear to be way different in personality from the original series. Even the gender of certain characters has changed!

Signature

Is it in a truely another dimension of reality and storyline... or just a prequel or maybe sequel????

i didn't understand that....

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote by PhoenixwuninIs it in a truely another dimension of reality and storyline... or just a prequel or maybe sequel????
i didn't understand that....

From what I'm been reading about this series, Mai-Otome is not a direct sequel to Mai-Hime. The anime is just using Mai-Hime characters to tell the story, therefore an alternate universe storyline.. The setting is at an Academy in some sort of kingdom where girls are trained and compete for position to be a Master Otome (or Meister Otome). An Otome are ladies that guard and act as advisors to important people such as world leaders and politicians.

14 year old Arika is the main character of the series. Her dream is to become a Master Otome. "Mashiro", who is also a student, appears to be the other main character as well. Natsuki is the Academy's Headmaster and Shizuru (see my avatar) is her assistant.

Signature

More Natsuki and Shizuru is never a bad thing....
but this otome story is a totally different universe/world/reality

I WANT TO SEE IT!! (t_t) ...and i want to know what happend to the relationship of natsuki and shizuru...

In a world of nothing fear does not exist,
this is the world that all live desire

I would liek to see this anime, but the question i have is what it bout?
I like Mai-Hime but will this be the same idea?

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

how did i miss this thread last week? ^_^'

i heard that the first episode is gonna be shown in october... but that's all the new info i've got... but wow UltraMarine-san you seem to know quite a lot about it! :D

Signature Image

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Amazing how people can keep up with stuff like that. I can barely keep track of my own underwear.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i can't wait! though i have no idea how it's linked up with mai hime.. considering only some of the characters are the same... but they appear in different costumes and looks anyway.. so... can't wait!

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote by fireflywisheshow did i miss this thread last week? ^_^'
i heard that the first episode is gonna be shown in october... but that's all the new info i've got... but wow UltraMarine-san you seem to know quite a lot about it! :D

I've been an obsessive fan of Mai Hime. Nat/Shiz are my favorite yuri couple so when I heard they are in some way going to appear in Mai Otome, I been periodically, checking for official images and info. And speaking of images, you guys should check out the battle costumes.
Shizuru looks cool in hers! And the others....well, they look ok.

http://members.aol.com/tenjohutena/mai_otome_battlearmor.jpg

Signature

I loved mai hime (except for the ending), so I want this series to take a seriously crazy twist to it like the original series had... maybe in some way it would be redeemed in my eyes :)

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Well, the first episode is out and a number of (lesser-known) fansub groups have picked it up. I can't say that I'm impressed at all, truth be told. I was actually a great fan of the original, and this "second season" seems very much to be like equal parts of the original My-HiME, Tsubasa Chronicle/xxxHolic, and the last episode of Shinseki Evangelion.

Or, as kawaiiguy put it, Mighty Morphin' HiME Rangers. Whether I'm actually going to follow this one through to the bitter end will depend much on whether or not the next episode is any good and whether or not any of my preferred fansub groups decide to pick it up.

But, you don't have to take my word for it ;)

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Just saw the first episode like a week ago and it seems pretty good. Yes the characters frum mai-hime are in this anime BUT this anime is a different story-line and supposedly has no relations to Mai-hime. I luved mai hime and I hope this one will live up to continuing dat great anime, although its different hehe...

Does anyone know whether Kajiura Yuki (responsible for the soundtracks in Mai-HiME) is handling this series' soundtracks?

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Quote by EnchanterDoes anyone know whether Kajiura Yuki (responsible for the soundtracks in Mai-HiME) is handling this series' soundtracks?

Yeah she is. You can tell by the music style in the first ep towards the end.

Signature Image

Quote by FallingAwake

Quote by EnchanterDoes anyone know whether Kajiura Yuki (responsible for
the soundtracks in Mai-HiME) is handling this series'
soundtracks?

Yeah she is. You can tell by the music style in the first ep towards
the end.

Yeah I like that song and I thought, "Hey! This could really be from the same composer!" Excellent!

XDarkDestinyX

XDarkDestinyX

Forgotten Dreamer

Wow... just watched the first ep... I wanted to shooot Arika. She just annoy really fast, that isn't good. x.x;

Quote by UltraMarine
From what I'm been reading about this series, Mai-Otome is not a direct sequel to Mai-Hime. The anime is just using Mai-Hime characters to tell the story, therefore an alternate universe storyline.. The setting is at an Academy in some sort of kingdom where girls are trained and compete for position to be a Master Otome (or Meister Otome). An Otome are ladies that guard and act as advisors to important people such as world leaders and politicians.
14 year old Arika is the main character of the series. Her dream is to become a Master Otome. "Mashiro", who is also a student, appears to be the other main character as well. Natsuki is the Academy's Headmaster and Shizuru (see my avatar) is her assistant.

Yes, it's not a direct sequel to Mai-HiME. It's different.. more fantasy base than the HiME was. Alot of characters will show up, but different looks and different ...erm... personalities I guess? Haha.

And for those who don't know, Otome is "maiden" or maid. Basicly this could be called "Mai-Maid". <-- Just a fan that is spread on the net.

Maybe I missed her or something, but is Mai (Tokiha) existent in the show? I was only skipping through parts of the first episode.

no

So what does the "Mai" in Mai-Otome mean then?

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote by EnchanterMaybe I missed her or something, but is Mai (Tokiha) existent in the show? I was only skipping through parts of the first episode.

Too early to tell. There is speculation that the girl in front of the wall of flame in the opening sequence is most likely Mai.

Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.