Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I ask your input - Minitokyo

I ask your input

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

After reading this thread
the new MT, causing people to go on less. I thought I'd clear up some confusion:

The recently submitted wallpapers, indyart and scans can be accessed easily, individually from the frontpage using these links that were there since the launch of Minitokyo 3:

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/3767/recent0wi.th.png

Also, when you want to browse the gallery of a certain series, it is probably somewhere here:

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/3003/browse9gf.th.png

And the search has definately been improved for both the forum and gallery unlike the misunderstanding that has arose. The whole forum can easily be searched:

http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/8844/search0km.th.png
and individual fora and even threads can be searched.

I've also read that the new Minitokyo has a 'confusing' layout, although nobody could really explain what then was so confusing about it, so I'm wondering if someone could elaborate?
Also then, what made you come less often to Minitokyo (apart from the credits)

twinklebyte

twinklebyte

{| starry . starry . night |}

I think one thing is that it takes me a while to get to some series pages without using the 'Alphabet' function since I have no idea why certain series are put into the genres they are. Or being able to just go to the 'popular' series right away, rather than going to browse --> letter --> series. Other than that, I think the new MT is fairly easy to browse. I still come here as much as I did before. ^^

[CLAMP.fan]|[Escaflowne.fan]|[X.fan]
- hope is a waking dream -

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

well, as you may already know, one who struggles with change tends to get "confused." i agree the new layout has quite a few new changes, and will take some time getting used to, but isn't necessarily confusing.
thanks for the loads of time you've put into this for us, sheq, *thumbs up* check ya later

Signature

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

TimothytheDarkMagician 1s ago

Quote by Sheqel

I've also read that the new Minitokyo has a 'confusing' layout, although nobody could really explain what then was so confusing about it, so I'm wondering if someone could elaborate?
Also then, what made you come less often to Minitokyo (apart from the credits)

I'n my opininon the only reason people have been confused about the new layout is that it's different from what people are used to and people tend to either dislike or be confused by things that are out of the normal.

Signature Image

the way it was done seems sort of stupid if you ask me -.-

merged: 11-04-2005 ~ 07:19am
not because it's new or different that's a horribly rude stereotyping, but because it needs some adjusting...but the layout still seems dumb

I have faith that this world still has some hope.....

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by shining-girl-aurathe way it was done seems sort of stupid if you ask me -.-

merged: 11-04-2005 ~ 07:19am
not because it's new or different that's a horribly rude stereotyping, but because it needs some adjusting...but the layout still seems dumb

aah, so what needs more adjustments in your opinion, and what is so dumb about it?

Regenbogen

Regenbogen

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

*lol*... I was just about to ask the same... Sheqel! I must admit at the beginning I thought... "What is this? I don't understand it at all"... but once you spent some time here... it is pretty logical... I like how you find these options on the left now.
But there will always be people complaining about it... but if they don't have any arguments why exactly something is dump or stupid or whatever... then there IS something wrong in my opinion... But not with the new layout... ^^

I just always wonder why the avatar pics in the guestbook have disappeared... it is not really important but somehow I miss them... I got so used to the avatars.... and of course I can also read the names... but we are humans and we like to see images... that simply makes it easier... Maybe this is written somewhere else in the forum though... If so I am already apologizing in advance... but I was thinking of it before when I posted in the topic that is now closed. ;)

Overall I really like the new MT3... but I am spending as much time here as before... since I simply love to make wallpapers, talk to my friends here, download work of art that I like... and write comments... ^^ So I don't understand at all why some people write that they are leaving or visiting less... I am really starting to get confused by this behavior... this appears a little dump to me... not the new layout. But I will stop typing here... and let space for the people to explain why exactly they dislike it!
I don't really have an idea how much work Mt3 caused u... and I hope I am not sounding slimey... but reading all these complains I want to post a THANK YOU here...! ^^

Signature

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

ah yes that does clear things up. thanks ^_^........but my topic got closed for that...? my question just plain "do you go on MT less now" .......kinda irrelivent. to this...thoughs were just some of the reasons why people go on MT less.....
=_= meh, guess it can't be helped

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

it was a bit hard at first to find how to submit gallery items lucky I found the FAQ that said to go to the anime catagory in the gallery and the option to submit was there. Most people dont tend to go and find the FAQs to work out how to find thier way around which is most likley thier downfall. They get confused and then dont stay around.

Once you work out how to find everything and how to get around MT3 there isnt much problem but it just seems very long process to get to an area that used to be one or two clicks away for reaching it.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by cloud811ah yes that does clear things up. thanks ^_^........but my topic got closed for that...? my question just plain "do you go on MT less now" .......kinda irrelivent. to this...thoughs were just some of the reasons why people go on MT less.....

it was nothing personal against your thread =P

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

the only reason i've been logging in less is because my school's nasty filter blocks it x_x

the only thing that's been confusing me is the complexity as far as friendslists go...idk why, but maybe you can explain to me why i didn't get a notification of boogybro's recent submission, even though he's on my friendlist...and how does the watchlist & hotlist work? i'm pretty much lost... T_T

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

Quote by Sheqel

Quote by cloud811ah yes that does clear things up. thanks ^_^........but my topic got closed for that...? my question just plain "do you go on MT less now" .......kinda irrelivent. to this...thoughs were just some of the reasons why people go on MT less.....

it was nothing personal against your thread =P

kekeke, yeshu it was.. xD

jotfif

jotfif

.:.bang ur all dead.:.

the oly things that bother me is the credit system and the not being abled to find the download for the bthe user template download

<*creditsystem* u should make the walls free but make a price for the scans (the prices for the walls and scans should have a basic pric i seend diffrent prices for thing "one common price for the wall""one common price for the scans">

Signature
Im the great JOTFIF and U all know it

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

for me, i've been coming more frequently these days ^^
i don't find it very confusing. just common sense and getting used to i think.
it's getting better everytime i come on.

although, i'd say a direct link on the menus to the pages that are on our control panel might be more convenient for me, since my internet connection is ridiculously slow =_="

but so far, i'd say mt3's looking pretty good now. thanks sheq!

echidnaboy726

echidnaboy726

Good eye, sniper

I admit quite freely that, at first, I absolutely hated the new site layout. Then I got used to it. Granted, I still think the idea of making wallpapers free and scans cost credits is a good idea, but, on the whole, this new MT is great. Sorry I complained, and thank you for all your hard work!

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I dont visit any less than I did before. I'm here everyday all day, hehe (not quite but almost). I dont dislike, nor am I greatly impressed with the new layout. You do most clearly a very good job coding a web page, this has got to be one of the most intricate websites I've ever been too, so I do commend you on making such a awesome place to go to. However, like I posted elsewhere saying this, it's harder to get to the art now. I mean I can get to it just fine after figuring it out, but it seems like we have to go through a lot more hoops than before. I mean I'm all for change and everything but why fix something thats not broke? Was there something wrong with the previous way of accessing wallpapers and scans? Maybe not completly changing the layout of that portion but just improving whatever needed improved? Kinda a moot point now, hehe. I'm not sure if I'm pro "credits" yet or if I like the old "level's" better, I always thought it was cool to "level up" like someone said as in an RPG, had an extra flair to the site here (again kinda moot now). I'm kinda getting used to the credits thing, I'm trying to contribute as much as I can, trying to find good solid scans that no one else has uploaded, contributing more to threads such as this since I'm not really a waller even tho I'm trying (nothing even remote yet).

I guess I'll just say, I appreciate your hard work on the site sheqel, I have loved coming here for over a year now as a member, and I will continue to show patronage to your fine website. Continue the good work.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I think that it would be easier if the recent submissions were still on the front page and on that little side bar, because although it may seem easy to you, there are poor confused n00bs out there who have no idea where their submissions went... and also, they were much more prominent the old way.

Two sort of small things are that on the forum reply box, my text disappears on the side, which kind of annoys me.

Another thing is that the new layout for the wallpaper views is sort of disorganized-looking, and the favorites button is not as obvious as it could be, but I guess it's fine. I just don't like the stuff on the side, is all.

I have a long long list of suggestions, but instead of repeating them, I'm saying that I know the mods put a lot of work into improving the site and I'm looking forward to figuring out why the new MT is better than the old one and finally getting used to the new nav. Until then, I may post more suggestions.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

no complains.... If I spent less time on MT is cuz I must study, or I got a Gf (I solved that last one, so I'll be here more often ^_^).

besides, I loved the fact that I can browse MT on my own skin, its no longer limited to my profile and MY stuff, nice work there by the way.

I have no problems here. That I don't. I'm on Mt and AP more these days seeing as I am playing more games than watching anime. Don't ask me how that works. It just does. As for the new site set up. I am all for it. I was a new member right before the switch so it was easy to get used to. I am completely satisfied with how the site turned out.

I have no idea what these people are talking about.. because I am new to MT..
but I have to admit that the layout is new and fresh.. I havent seen this kind of layout before.. but that doesnt mean that it's bad or stupid..
actually I kind of like it.. the site is very divevrse.. and have lots of interesting things..
oow.. and the credit thing might have been the only reason I stayed here,, other than all the amazing pix.. and the fact that I have my own layout now :p
over all it's a great site..
but I just was wondering how do you rate the users?
I mean I saw something like this in the FAQ "users under level 10" and "users under level 20"
if you can just clear that out..

thanx for the great site :)

I dream of angels, but I live with demons

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i think the main factor that people miss from version 2 is obviously the sammo factor, which has been missing from the community for some time now. its ok, you cute users, you can admit it. there's no shame in admitting that we all need sammo in our lives. with the lack of sammo factor, people are thrown in to needless confusion on how to browse through th new navigation, what to put in their pizza, and so on.

ok, all the jokes put aside, here's few nit pick problems i had.
1. i was trying to find gundam seed destiny section. i had a huge trouble finding this, because i could have sworn that gundam seed destiny surely starts with a G. little did i know that this was changed to the politically correct name "mobile suit gundam seed destiny. ah. i see.

now that we've abolished the drop down menu navigational system to free up resource (im assuming that's why MT removed them), i dont think it'd be a bad idea if we added to the browsing list the alternative titles to an anime series. for example,

neon genesis evangelion
shin seiki evangelion

obviously shin seiki evangelion is the politically correct term (i think), we all refer to the series as neon genesis evangelion. therefore, i dont think it is out of reason's boundary to have alternate names added to the browsing list.

2. this always bothered me, but on the review section, can it be made so that the reviews are alphabetized, and not in accordance to the date posted? yeah, i understand that you can just go to browse>series selection but why make things so complicated?

3. when you browse the gallery, i think there should be a drop down menu where we can just jump to male/female/couple/group/misc/wallpaper/dou(...) section of that gallery, instead of having to click on browse again, find the respective section, and click on the categorical section of the series, or is there a way that i somehow missed?

that's all i can think of now.

for people who complain about wallpaper and scan cost, please go kill yourself because scans cost at most 1.5 credits, and wallpaper at most 1 credit.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by sammo now that we've abolished the drop down menu navigational system to free up resource (im assuming that's why MT removed them), i dont think it'd be a bad idea if we added to the browsing list the alternative titles to an anime series. for example,

neon genesis evangelion
shin seiki evangelion

obviously shin seiki evangelion is the politically correct term (i think), we all refer to the series as neon genesis evangelion. therefore, i dont think it is out of reason's boundary to have alternate names added to the browsing list.

nyahah ^^ actually, we do have alternative titles..! Using your NGE example, the 'main' title is indeed "Neon Genesis Evangelion". And then, there's also the 'alternative' title "Shin Seiki Evangelion" right next to it in parentheses.. So its listed under N and S as "Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shin Seiki Evangelion)" yay~ d^^b

I honestly think MT3 came with a lot of good improvements. I too, like many others, were confused with the new layout and whatnot.. but it just takes a little getting used to. People who think MT3 is so confusing evidently didn't make enough of an effort to figure out anything - it really isn't that different... Okay maybe Sheqel will now yell at me for not really contributing anything to the thread >_<

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

First of all, thank you Sheqel for the countless hours you have put into this site.
I don't come any less frequently now that MT3 has arrived.
I think 'confusing' is being misapplied in the description of the new layout. Different is not the semantic equivalent of confusing. MT3 was different than MT2 for everyone. No one but the site designer could be expected to know their way around upon MT3's initial release. Confusing is what you would call it if you still can't find your way around after having given the new design a fair chance.
The topic that caused the most whining, the credit system, is a moot point for me since the amount I spend gets replenished just by participating in the MT community. The only thing that I miss from MT2 was the thumbnails that of recent submissions on the right-hand side that were constantly updated as you browsed the pages. I understand that doing away with that feature frees up resources so I can do without it, I suppose. Sort of like the law of equivalent exchange.

My neighbor does all of her grocery shopping at the supermarket closest to our houses. I on the other hand, save significant amounts by going a quarter mile further to a different supermarket. After telling her how the prices were much better and the selection was fantastic at the supermarket I go to, I asked her why she didn't go to the same store that I shop at. You know what her answer was? She said she didn't go to the better store because she didn't know where anything was. I just looked at her wondering if she was kidding me. I love her dearly so I didn't have the heart to say how stupid that sounded. Of course she wouldn't know where things are if she never goes there to shop. Did she think I had the knowledge of where things were directly implanted into my brain? I figured out where things were by shopping. For those of you who fail to see the analogy and don't understand what this has to do with MT, any explanation I try to give you most likely will fail because you have already made up your mind and nothing anyone says will make a difference.

Enough rambling I guess, so I'll just end by saying one more time thank you to all those involved in making Minitokyo such a great site/community.

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

People often put "different" with "confusing". Of course it will take some time getting used to it, but it really isn't hard. I think it just takes a little bit of poking around to find where everything is.

The main gripe I have is with adding scans and wallpapers. Am I right in saying that you now have to go look for the title, click on the title, and add it from there? It seems a lot more troublesome than the original drop down box. However, it does make people put things in the right series.

I also miss the levels. It was good to see who is more experienced, been around longer, etc etc. This new credit thing levels the playing field a bit, but maybe a bit too much.

Oh yes... and the sammo factor. Can't forget that. ;)

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.