Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Howl's Moving Castle nominated for Oscar - Minitokyo

Howl's Moving Castle nominated for Oscar

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Dernhelm

Dernhelm

Namakemono no Ronin

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8700/howl3vs.jpg

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Hauru no Ugoku Shiro
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Corpse Bride

HUZZAAAAAAH!
Corpse Bride and Wallace & Gromit, such worthy opponents. :)
(and no Madagascar >D)
i'm glad the contenders who made the cut ended this way.
aye aye aye, interesting matchup knowing that the Academy is split between paying tribute to old school clay animation OR gracing Miyazaki-sama's exit with a win. ^^
and it just feels so satisfying to see japanese text up there with the heavyweights of the west XD
like what i mentioned in my journal, since you don't see Memoirs of a Geisha in anything major maybe it'll be Miyazaki winning it for the Japanese? XP

the ceremony will be held on March 5th, with Jon Stewart as host. ^^

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3050/howl4nm.jpg

Signature
"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Hikaru07

Hikaru07

Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie

Today I see the List of Nominees...

And so to my judgment(reason) the best throwing of animation for our continent in 2005...

Miyazky is a genius of Animation...

yuuumm...

Hikaru07
Pilot VF-1 Valkyrie
MACROSS TV SERIES
Signature

Agreed, It feels nice for a change that the animated features are of a much higher caliber then the usual slime that passes as a good animated film. But out of the contestant's it will be a difficult decision, since all three deal in different types Howl's Moving Castle fairly dramatic; Wallace and Grommit definitely comedic; and corpse bride harder to nail down. Lets see who wins.

Dernhelm

Dernhelm

Namakemono no Ronin

not just based on themes or the feel of the movie, those three handle three different types of old school (traditional) animation and must be recognized for that (of course, since it beat the other types mostly made in groundbreaking 3D animation): clay animation, stop motion animation and 2D (cel) animation, a style that is dying.

Signature
"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

i dont suprise actualy to see that howl's can be moninated to oscar because of the great story line, imagination, morals in it and the last reason, it because howl's is gibli's work!

again! wow! i must see this one!

natsume44

natsume44

Yamapi Fangirl

Howl's Moving Castle is a great movie, but sadly, that doesn't mean it'll win. Wallace and Gromit is the favorite to win, but that's okay, since it's a a great movie to. Besides, Spirited Away has already won an Academy Award, so it'l be okay if Howl's Moving Castle doesn't get it. I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping it does though. ^_^

I don't think it will win; this has no bearing on the movie itself, but the Academy works in specific ways.

A) Miyazaki has won an award for this genre, and it's a recently-addd one, too. The Academy likes to spread the love.

B) The competition is stiff. I don't know if there's a clear "better" movie in this category. I mean, in years past, most were likeable but one was clearly the best. Wallace and Gromit is way more popular with audiences.

C) Sort of above, but take into consideration The Corpse Bride's director, Tim Burton. He's the man. I see the Academy rewarding him for this.

Contratulations to all of those involved with Howl's Moving Castle for the nomination.

As was mentioned above, I do think that it's got it's work cut out for it in this category given that Wallace and Gromit is also nominated, and that it's already provided stiff, but worthy, competition for Howl's if the Grammy's were any indication (I've not seen Howl's yet, myself, but if it's anything like past Miyazaki films I'm pretty confident in it's ability) but it's nice to see it recognized whatever the outcome.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.