Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 WoW stole my friends! >:( - Minitokyo

WoW stole my friends! >:(

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

I hate WoW. You have to pay for the actually game, PLUS $40 bucks for 2 months. And knowing me, I get over MMORPGs after a week or so. Anyways.

Now my friends say it's like the best game EVAR, and me in my opinion (Yes, I played it as well... for a bit) it was over-rated. But now my friends can't talk anything but WoW, it pisses me off. My hate for WoW got larger and now I'm totally rejected in a group if they start talking about WoW, which is like 80% of the time. >_<

Has WoW ever stolen YOUR friends?

elbonytarzan

elbonytarzan

Usagi @_@

erm...sorry but i'm quite dumb so i hope you don't mind me asking...wad is WoW? i don't quite play any kind of computer games you see...

4 of my friends got taken away by WoW. They would stay up all night playing the game. They would miss classes in college. Their grades would drop. Its insane.

After a while, I began to truly think about the parallels between WoW and Drug Addiction. They are pretty similar. think about that with your friends.

After a year, In order to stop from playing WoW, each one of my friends had to Give all their items away and actually delete their accounts. They had to go compeltely COLD TURKEY from the game in order to stop themselves from coming back to it. They each had 2-3 level 60 characters in the game too. If you know anything about WoW, that is a HUGE time investment. And these guys aren't young kids......we are all about 20 years old.

Basically, you have lost your friends to WoW. There isn't much you can do. I avoided the game entirely but I did ask alot of questions about it in order to be partially involved in conversations. After a year, I felt like I knew everything about the game without even playing it. Eventually, your friends should just step out of the WoW phase and they'll be back to normal.

merged: 07-05-2006 ~ 04:52pm
OH and by the way, I just saw the previous poster did not know what WoW was. WoW is the abbreviation for World Of Warcraft. It is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). The game is like Everqeust if you have ever heard of that but better from what everyone says. Its highly addictive and time consuming

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Yeah, I don't see how that game is so good. I mean it costs money to play it! I don't get how they are so obsessive over it. ugh.

For me, for a player from MMORPG(not WoW,but Lineage),so i have responsibility to respond.If you havent it under control then its not the guilt of a game but of your friends.Sorry,but the game, how good she might be, can take your friends.I like very much playing but if I go with my friends,they dont exist a game that will be stop me. :)
But i agree many from my friends can talk only about MMORPGs and that friends they dont play it they dont know about what we are talking.

Quote by memento666 ... that friends they dont play it they dont know about what we are talking.

Yep!
Some of the people I know, they would ask me, do
you play WoW? And I would stare at them
like if they are speaking another language.
Although I do know what WoW stands for, but
to me I think that paying for a game and then
haveing to pay additional fee just to play is really stupid.

FPS games are better at least in some games you
can play together as a team. :)
e.g BattleField 2

Signature

I don't have any friends.I'm sorry to hear that.But lets work together to stop WoW once and for all!

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

=.= i can be your friend...

ArcticAngel

The cute thing ^-^

I, personally also play wow but in my humble opinion, most of the people (including me) still prefer to go out with friends or to go swiming instead of playing.
In the first time Wow was very fascinating and fun to play but after some time the game loses its attractiveness in my opinion.

Just go your friends, grab them and go with them anywhere you want :P

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

The thing is, now if they wanna go out, they would go to this pc hang out store and they have conviently installed WoW there, so they can play it, while I play my other games.

It's sad my firends aren't like you. they are obsessed. I swear one of my friend wagged school just cos he was playing it.

Ketsumi

Ketsumi

[ Zentaisei ]

Simply put...

WoW ruins peoples' lives.

Signature

Ok I do play WOW.. However there are those that play wow and sre completely consumed by it body mind and soul,, and there are those who play casually from time time. I fourtunately belong to the later group, yes Wow is a good game but IMO not addictive enough to almost kill yourself over. It's kind of like Drug addiction in the form of a game.

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

When you know you psend too much time on WoW = become lvl 60 in a month.

natsume44

natsume44

Yamapi Fangirl

I've lost 3 of my friends to WoW... That's all they ever do or talk about anymore, and I'm sick of it. I once thought it would be cool to play, but not anymore.

About a month ago, the four of us, plus my sister and her friend went to the drive-in, and those three did nothing but talk about WoW the entire time. They didn't even realize the movie was playing until it was over. Whenever I call one of them, we only talk for a few minutes before they say, "Sorry, I'm busy playing WoW. We'll talk later." Ugh. We don't even get to see each other very much anymore, so when they do this stuff (all the time), it really ticks me off.

Kubrickfan

Chief Librarian

I know what you mean.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Kiriou

Kiriou

~**Cherry Kisses**~

Quote by Inuyasha-FANYeah, I don't see how that game is so good. I mean it costs money to play it! I don't get how they are so obsessive over it. ugh.

The game is actually quite good. I have it and I enjoyed it so much! I just don't get how you can hate the game...Even if it costs money, it's worth it cause' this is a very good game :D

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

I hate games wear you have to constantly pay money for a month when you already bought it.
Besides, I'm not gonna end up making friends with people who can talk nothing but that game.

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

get a life buddy. Get some friends that you can party with and stuff, not friends that plays computergames. I bet your friends are the kind of people that says "lol" in real life too, but i might be wrong.

Signature

"Has WoW ever stolen YOUR friends?" - ChronicX

YES!

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

I hate parties. I went to one once, and I picked a fight and someboady stole my Coke. =/ If that's what life is, I don't want one.

Quote by ChronicX=.= i can be your friend...

Hey!Thanks kid.I always like someone who wants to be my friend.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I had a few less close friends who really were always into WoW. I played it a few times, but I'm not into that genre of games.

You should go into a different crowd ... they're just nerds who are obsessed with a game all the time.

Quote by ChronicXI hate parties. I went to one once, and I picked a fight and someboady stole my Coke. =/ If that's what life is, I don't want one.

hahahaaa! What? why on earth would someone steal a coke? o____o

ChronicX

ChronicX

Beholder of the Behold

Cos they are cheap bastards and I hate them :(

Oooouuu.So sad.I went in my EXfriend's party once and it sucks!We didn't play games in every hours and they bring chocolat cake.I hate chocolat cake!It gives me a smell in my mouth!Thats the cheapiest and the worst party EVER!In every party (except mine and my bro's) They always want the same freaking chocolat cake!You're right ChronicX, They are cheap bastards.They're also cheap retard.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.