Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [wallerz]Wall Styles... opinion please - Minitokyo

[wallerz]Wall Styles... opinion please

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Well, there are lots of threads out there questioning many forms of wallpaper styles ...
but what I want to know is, do you prefer having (or mastering) one wallpaper style or many? Or do you have the intention to master more styles than what you currently good at?

Because nowadays I feel that I'm stuck on my ability.... I always want to learn more techniques and stuff, but at the same time... lots of the other skills I have is slowly degrading...
this is a very sad dilemma.. T_T
Say, I wanted to learn abtsract and grunge styles, but that means degrading my sceneric style... not that I'm really god at doing sceneric, but I feel I kinda get a slight hold of it..
but if I stay with my sceneric style, then all my work would seem to be monotonous and boring ... although I gain improvement on my current style, but that wouldn't be that siginificant..

so, please, I need your opinion,... which one is better... to have lots of styles or just with one particular style? :)

no flaming and bashing please... just opinion... >.<

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Cajime

Cajime

Sweet Lolita

I think you should just do what you enjoy doing, that's how I see it. I personally like to fiddle around with a bit of everything. For me it depends on the image and what I think will suit that image :) And if people don't like me messing around and trying new things then... well... that just doesn't bother me. *nods*

ur fine the way ur now...gosh...i need to even ask u how to make walls....lol...u r not stuck...if ur tire...give it a rest...maybe ur idea will be back with u...do wat ever u want...cuz either way...ur wall will be still awesome...that is something that is not going to change,,,keep it up...!

Signature Image

I agree with Cajime! Enjoy what it is you love to do here in MT, but don't hesitate to try something new! I myself use some Photoshop tutorials to enhance my designing abilities, but it comes out with the same concept, abstract BGs! Maybe that's what I'm only good at, but I also want to create scenic BGs (sky, grass, moon, stars, buildings)! Kind of hard to find tutorials on that, though! ^_^' Right to the point, challenge yourself to try new ideas, Korgie! If it doesn't work, stick with what's best for ya, imo! Hope that helps for ya! Cya, Kor! XD

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

OMG
u lack of self confidence, korg XD
wall is for u have fun or doin something u feel great bout it
yeah.. get some rest and relax , bro
geesh... *me pats korgie*
u need vacation like me , man XD
and maybe a gf too *me runs away before get beat up by korgie................... :pacman: *
the point is
just enjoy ur time and have some fun ,k
that's ur group motto, rite XD
oh yeah, i'm sending 'that' trough ur web now
cya and take care , bro

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

hmz.....your wallies are great =D
well..... i prefer more styles, then I have different wallies =)...... but.... now i don't even have astyle -_-".... just a beginner XD
euhm...... have more confidence my friend=) it will be allright=D

Well, I don't think you degrade your skill by not practicing it... perhaps it stays where it was, but it's like riding a bike ;) Comes back really quick I would think. I also wouldn't worry about whether to have many styles or not... just do what you enjoy. Personally, I try my hand at many different things that I find appealing or that I have an interest in knowing about, but not because I want to broaden my skills, but because I like it... if I didn't it would seem like work... and that would get old very quickly ;) I say Wall for "yourself", not everyone else... the rest will fall into place. So if you want to learn grunge, go for it... Don't be afraid to do a wall and post it. Every wall doesn't have to be a masterpiece, that's why this forum is here. To get insight and opinions and improve. If you feel you've gone as far as you can in one area and it's getting boring now, try another that interests you. :) Just my 2 bucks worth.

Riana

Riana

Kaitou Ash

While I agree with many here, Korgano, I do believe you have a point to. Personally, I would like to learn (even if I don't master) different styles. Why? Because I believe walling, like any other art, is a form of expression...and perhaps I may want to express a feeling/message that can't be done in a "scenic" or "grunge" wall. I think knowing several styles is all the better for you, as an artist and an individual. Which is the more happy painter, the one that only knows how to do one thing, or the one with a broader sense of "art" who can choose to paint in whatever style he pleases?

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

trying different things is good, but dont force yourself if you dont feel good about doing it, its all about feelings my man n_n
art is feelings

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

I agree with Cajime too! Just do whatever is fun. I usually make a wall based on an image/scan I like. From there, I decide what to do. I think it's okay to have varied styling, abstract or scenery, or whatever! I mean, unless you completely stop doing scenery for a long time, your skill won't degrade! I'd say, do waht you want, but I encourage you to try everything out! Walls are fun, do what you gotta do!

Asahi

Asahi

gone

mahhh korgi...

what do you thinking / saying about you ! you are one of the masters .. you so good. which each wall you are in the top favs .. what do you want more. i wish i were so good as you, really.. OX

i am ... *sniff* T_T

btw: i prefer the two options together. lots of styles are great and particular style is good too. if you can or do both you are good in be creative lol :pacman:

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

i reply again for ur question
IMHO
mastered one style is enough
the most important is
when u can combine various tech
into 1 good creation
that enough :D
bout the style , ppl can said a million bout that
but in the end , u must choose by ur own, rite ?
*stick to ur own kind*

it doesn't mean, u will degrade ur other tech that ur good at
u can still learn new style and won't loose ur old style

but still , mastering one is better , what u really good at ;)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

What I like to do is rotate in a orderly fashion. Like one wall is Abstract, while my next one is a scenic and yatta. I like to try various styles. and Explore different expierements.. Hey, take some notes if you need to. :P

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Just do whatever you want to do. Having a style gives an artist a sense of identitity, it's the same with something like a wallpaper. =)

i see your point clearly, since I started by doing abstract/grunge walls (the trendy thing at the time, still sorta is) and then tried doing scenic. I got stuck doing scenic, and recently I've been putting the 3 styles into one and I'm really pleased with it... that's my personal style (of course, others out there probably do it as well =P). It was hard going back to abstract and grunge, but it's coming back pretty fast. =)

So yeah, you won't "degrade" on a skill, just get rusty. It happens to everyone and all artists at one point. Once you start working on the other skills they typically come back fairly fast.^^

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

lol, calm down KorganoS. Your wallpaper skills are kickass. People view things very differently sometimes. So they will always be one person who doesn't like what effects you use. But it is true that if you try to many styles you will forget how to do some. You oughta stick to what you're good at. I, on the other hand, need to find a style... <.<;

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

dans

dans

busy u_u

wuuh... KorS you need a vacation. take a break.
why don't you stop making a wall for a while, and start making tutorials for me. XD
anyways, don't forget that you make wall because it's fun.
and for me, all your work didn't seem to be monotonous and boring.
:pacman: ............ OX

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

I like to di every style I can think off ^_^
after i knew that style I just master it and harvest a new style from it. ^_^
i like to keep my wallpapers very unique from each other.

gundex

gundex

- Gundam Freak -

oops... korgie in trouble.... gundex will help u.....!!!! first u hav to calm down... and to tell u the truth korgie-san, i too want to mastering more than one style... but yes i know my limitation... than after realize that, i decide to master only the style that a i can do better than any other style... not just only one style maybe two or three but just make sure that's the styles that ur really good at... relax korgie-san... whatever style u hav... as long as u enjoy and satisfied with the result... then it'll be alright ok... ^_^

-- \"It\'s because there\'s something i can protect only by fighting.\" Kira Yamato --

Signature

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

if you ask me well, i cant answer easily.
basically its about how you feel, if you like what you're doing then keep that up.
i want to tell you some things to consider.
first, when you develop a style its almost sure tou'll be recognized for it, and if you keep gatting better and better youll end up with a current based in your artwork.
but if you practice different styles you are more likely to be adapted to the current fashion, and in some way keep yourself in the vanguard.

IMO its just matter of what do you want to do in the future.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

DeathD13

DeathD13

The Devil's Angel

You are so talented, I can hardly believe you are so distraught over such a thing... Imo, I think you should just do what comes naturally... If changing your style seems like the right thing to do, then follow it and see where it leads you. If keeping with what you are doing seems right, then stick to it... Its really just listening to that little voice inside and doing what feels right and natural.. :)

Good luck with your question, and whichever path you choose... :)

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by ritalinHaving a style gives an artist a sense of identitity
you won't "degrade" on a skill, just get rusty. It happens to everyone and all artists at one point. Once you start working on the other skills they typically come back fairly fast

'Having a style gives an artist a sense of identity'
I love that... I really do... XD I will put it as my favorite quote from now on..
yes, I learned that now from you all, that a learned skill won't actually 'degrade' or loose. I aggree that most artist feel the same way.. I guess all that matters is how we deal with the rustiness... either we leave it as it is, or re-sharpening it at some time later..

Quote by kozumuratake some notes if you need to

lol tis' small thing I never do... >.< I think I have to start taking notes,.. uh.. my hands are lazy when it comes to taking notes.. XP

Quote by jackalx66it doesn't mean, u will degrade ur other tech that ur good at
u can still learn new style and won't loose ur old style

but still , mastering one is better , what u really good at

thanks, jack! :D yes, I learned something now, that you can't lose your skill, just rusted..
that's why mastering one skill is critical because you might not have the chance to sharpen that skill when you're in the process of learning other thing..

Quote by exentrici like to keep my wallpapers very unique from each other.

Kash.. that's very similar to my condition atm.. where I always make my wallpapers as unique and different one another... but that's the main cause of my confusion, actually... =P trying different styles is fun, but in the other hand, I feel that I haven't found my 'true' style yet..

Quote by darkparagonSo if you want to learn grunge, go for it... Don't be afraid to do a wall and post it. Every wall doesn't have to be a masterpiece, that's why this forum is here. To get insight and opinions and improve. If you feel you've gone as far as you can in one area and it's getting boring now, try another that interests you.

well, not like I'm bored with my own work... lol :D I always enjoy what I do... but I tend to make walls to suit other ppl's liking... less my own liking,... that's the case.. so I kinda feel that ppl are starting to get bored with my current style,.. not all of them,.. a few, actually.. but I can feel that..and that's why I always wanted to make various styles..
thanks for sharing your opinion and suggestion, DP.. much encouraging.. ^^ I think there's no harm in trying new styles... but still practising my other styles to keep it charged..

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by KorganoS
Kash.. that's very similar to my condition atm.. where I always make my wallpapers as unique and different one another... but that's the main cause of my confusion, actually... =P trying different styles is fun, but in the other hand, I feel that I haven't found my 'true' style yet..

a 'true' style eh?
I try not to think bout that. I make wallpapers coz I like em. doesnt matter what kinda style it is. If I think about it, what is my true style, it would just ne no fun. coz when I knew what is my true style I kinda tend to stay with that style. when that happen I'll just evade other style and try to do that style more. which aint fun =/
i dunno.. for me, doing all different kinda of style is fun. thinking to which style yer good at aint whole lotta fun. ^_^"""'

okay that is in nowhere near to what you've said so lemme get back to the real point. ^_^"""
style arent just like abstract or grunge. there are styles like, soft touch, dark, light, crisp and so on. I know my style is crisp. I alwayz make a wallpaper that everything in it just stands out on its own.
I give one example of a waller's style. Before, when Jin made that light wallpaper, you guyz alwayz said, "Jin shud stay with dark style!" . though all the wallpapers he made didnt really have the same style, one thing is the same, its dark. that's his style.
From all the wallpapers you've made thus far, look at em back. see whats them similar. that similaraties is your style.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

Quote by danswuuh... KorS you need a vacation. take a break.
why don't you stop making a wall for a while, and start making tutorials for me. XD

i'm agree with dans... ^^ you really needs a vacation!!! [only for have a lot of ideas... ^^], and like exentric saids... [From all the wallpapers you've made thus far, look at em back. see whats them similar. that similaraties is your style.], that's your style... you can choose only the type of the technique... ^^ it's like me... my technique that i like so much is the grunge [only because is easy and fast to do xp]... cu

DarkEVO

DarkEVO

The Evolving Artist

Quote by irix

Quote by danswuuh... KorS you need a vacation. take a break.

i'm agree with dans... ^^ you really needs a vacation!!! [only for have a lot of ideas... ^^], and like exentric saids... [From all the wallpapers you've made thus far, look at em back. see whats them similar. that similaraties is your style.], that's your style... you can choose only the type of the technique... ^^ it's like me... my technique that i like so much is the grunge [only because is easy and fast to do xp]... cu

Well for me, it's about the image and I try to think of a theme that can be fit for a wallpaper. But also I let my imaginations flow through me and I just create it without thinking. And I agree with jackal. It should be fun and relaxing. And I agree with dans and irix. You should take a break and also your style of wallpapers has your techniques and also your trademarks that makes yours and it unique.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.