Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wide screen wallpapers? - Minitokyo

Wide screen wallpapers?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

I just got a new computer with a wide screen monitor, and have tried to start making some wide screen resolution, without much success. I don't know if you would accept wide screen resolution wallpapaers, but here are the dimensions:
740 X 480
896 X 600
1280 X 854

Yes, aspect ratio is more of a 3/2, not 4/3 or 16/9... for those techies out there.

Shia-chan

Angelic Demon

no they don't not just yet... I tried to post a 1920x1200 wallpaper but it wouldn't accept it -_-
I also tried shrinking it down to 1600x1000 and still wouldn't upload to mt... :sweat:

so I'm beginning to think mt can't handle widescreen wallpapers just yet :\

Signature
The one, the only. ^^

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

It is simply not allowed in the code as of yet. I don't know if it ever will >_>

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

I've had this problem for a few months now. I just started making special wallpapers for my desktops which I later end up cropping if they are actually good enough for anything. Really stupid, since I personally like widescreen a lot better.

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Hmm.... Truthfully, I don't think that they'd be allowed on MT for a few reasons.

1) Wide screen monitors aren't used all that often, not for home usage anyway.
2) Creating 4:3 and 3:2 versions of walls will be a pain.
3) Kel said so.

I think the only way you can get around this problem is if you see a wall you really like, PM the person who created it and kindly ask if he/she can create a 3:2 wall of it for you.

Quote by Katzbalger3) Kel said so.

Haha~ XD

Actually, my cousin got a widescreen monitor. XP I've already modified a couple of mine for him, but haven't posted them anywhere. Agreed, they're a bit of a pain. >_> But hey, I'm not the one who gets to watch dvds.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

If you want it so bad, you can always ask one of the wallers to make you one. No biggie. :)

Why not add black borders to the wallpaper to make them an accepted resolution? Then people with normal aspect monitors can use them as-is while widescreen monitor users can just crop the borders

Shia-chan

Angelic Demon

but playing with widescreen resolution wallpapers is rather interesting, you need to enlarge your creativity just to fill every single gap that there is OX

Signature
The one, the only. ^^

Another question is which widescreen ratio do you do?
16:9?
3:2?
8:3? (Typical dual screen setup)
Or something else?

There's lots of possibilities...

yes wee need some widescreen walls!!!im about to buy a widscreen monitor!!!!!!so please!!!!!!!

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by KirtaiAnother question is which widescreen ratio do you do?
16:9?
3:2?
8:3? (Typical dual screen setup)
Or something else?

There's lots of possibilities...

I think single monitor is what it should be limited to, not multiple screens, like Lain's father in Serial Experiments Lain.

The wide screen fromat for Computer monitors I believe is settling down on 3:2 aspect ratio. Although I guess some people use their wide screen 16:9, 40" plasma displays for their computer screen too. But I was only thinking of a single Computer display (be it desktop or Laptop)

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.