Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 can't post 3 minuts from last posting - Minitokyo

can't post 3 minuts from last posting

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

gkff

gkff

he's f**king hot.

is it a new rule or something?
mm i don't like it i want to reply to several wallpapers but i need to wait 3 minuts for each reply!!

i understand it's against spammers but it's also annoying and almost drops the want to reply. ^^"

Signature Image
[the shounen-ai couple from Psychic Force if anyone interested <3 ]

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Yes it is a new rule. And it is to prevent spamming. So please do not complain about it.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by gkffi understand it's against spammers but it's also annoying and almost drops the want to reply

*grin* That may very well be the point ;)

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

gkff

gkff

he's f**king hot.

Quote by shinsengumi*grin* That may very well be the point ;)

LOL!
oh well. :( ^_^

Signature Image

GallComp

GallComp

Alone in the Dark

Quote by gkffI understand it's against spammers but it's also annoying and almost drops the want to reply. ^^"

Maybe with those three extra minutes people may think better their posts before hitting the "Post reply" button... This is not abig deal, specially since people should be reading the whole posts on a thread before posting... I guess that will mean no more "I agree" replyies...

Copic Certified Designer
Http://CopicArt.com

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

I won't complain any more...... although it is a little annoying...
But I think 3 mins is a tad too long... once I've written a comment, I just wait till that 3 mins is up ^__^"
But, if this is a new policy,then I'll follow quietly (Euna ish a good girl =_=' )

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

Quote by GallComp

Quote by gkffI understand it's against spammers but it's also annoying
and almost drops the want to reply. ^^"

Maybe with those three
extra minutes people may think better their posts before hitting the
"Post reply" button... This is not abig deal, specially since people
should be reading the whole posts on a thread before posting... I guess
that will mean no more "I agree" replyies...

I guess I can't really complain either then I guess but while it is something to implement it on the forums but on the comments for scanz too? o.O...usually commenting on those does not require looking at the previous comments nor does posting in the "games" inside the spam forum since the most you need to do is look at the previous post...3 mins is a long time after all...

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

GallComp

GallComp

Alone in the Dark

Quote by CTEon

Quote by GallComp

Quote by gkffI understand it's against spammers but it's also annoying
and almost drops the want to reply. ^^"

Maybe with those three
extra minutes people may think better their posts before hitting the
"Post reply" button... This is not abig deal, specially since people
should be reading the whole posts on a thread before posting... I guess
that will mean no more "I agree" replyies...

I guess I can't really complain either then I guess but while it is something to implement it on the forums but on the comments for scanz too? o.O...usually commenting on those does not require looking at the previous comments nor does posting in the "games" inside the spam forum since the most you need to do is look at the previous post...3 mins is a long time after all...

Review the image... :D look for flaws and write a good description of what is right or wrong with that particular image... :D At least that would work for wallpapers....

Copic Certified Designer
Http://CopicArt.com

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I...meh...I do try to say what's right or not right with the wall but since I'm really not that good as a critic I give a quick overview as to what I like/don't like about the wall...blah...guess I have no choice... T_T

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

gkff

gkff

he's f**king hot.

i agree with GallComp that when you have more time you'll write a better review but i dunno if you still have something to say after a *minute* of writing.

i think it's a good idea just a bit too long. ^^"

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

That long, eh?

O_o

Quote by KeltoshYes it is a new rule. And it is to prevent spamming. So please do not complain about it.

To gkff: Don't question the mod... lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Quote by KeltoshYes it is a new rule. And it is to prevent spamming. So please do not complain about it.

yowch. that means i gotta stop gawking around and post as fast as i can O_o oh well. i do that a lot anyway

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

Although I agree that there is good reason for the delay, regardless I think that 3 minutes is too long. Two minutes seems to be a lot better of a number to me.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

sadly this makes minitokyo a little bit less fun with all the limits and stuff =/.. i think.. but on the other hand it makes the site a bit more serious ^^, so i'm ok with it i guess. Tho i must agree that it's annoying at times XD. Besides 3 minutes is long =/ but ok... to make time go faster we could listen to some nice music, neh? ^_^. *put's on ddr mixes*

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by arcxeroAlthough I agree that there is good reason for the delay, regardless I
think that 3 minutes is too long. Two minutes seems to be a lot better
of a number to me.

Consider this. In general, the forums are cluttered with frivolous threads on frivolous topics with frivolous replies. Rather than engaging in any kind of moderately intelligent or insightful discussion, many of our members, especially newer ones, are focused on flooding the forums with posts in order to gain as many levels as they can with as little effort as possible.

If this discourages that type of behavior, then I would consider it a great success. Does it inconvenience those of us who do not spam? To an extent, it does. I've certainly lost a number of my posts because I submitted before the three-minute rule, but now that gives me an opportunity to read through what I've written to make sure that I've drafted something coherent and cohesive.

Remember that the acceptance of restraints is the mark of a civilized society. Here, by detracting from the individual ability to flood the forums, the moderators benefit the community as a whole by keeping down the clutter and helping to temper the prevalent level-driven attitude of many of the newer members. Thus I applaud the moderators in taking this step to stem the tide, and hope that they continue their work of trying their best to improve this community.

s h i n s e n g u m i

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

chip

chip

ecchi lover, linux sensei

I have no objection to the time limit, but I lose my text if I post early. imho, it would be much more friendly to display the same page, retaining your text, but with a warning in red.

$0.02,
chip

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by chipI have no objection to the time limit, but I lose my text if I post early. imho, it would be much more friendly to display the same page, retaining your text, but with a warning in red.
$0.02,
chip

Just select all (ctrl-a) and copy (ctrl-c) before you send. It's becoming a habit for me. . . if it doesn't go through, just go back, wait a moment, paste, and you're all set.

s h i n s e n g u m i

lordfan

lordfan

Lord of Winds

I've almost stopped writing posts altogether.
I just write a post and choose not to write any for the next 2 or 3 gallery entries.
I'm not gonna wait 3 minutes. If the objective of this new rule is for me to post fewer comments, fine. I'll do that.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by lordfanI've almost stopped writing posts altogether.
I just write a post and choose not to write any for the next 2 or 3 gallery entries.
I'm not gonna wait 3 minutes. If the objective of this new rule is for me to post fewer comments, fine. I'll do that.

You seem to be taking this in an awfully personal way. If you do not want to wait, then post less. This feature is absolutely necessary for the site anyway.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

gkff

gkff

he's f**king hot.

Quote by chipI have no objection to the time limit, but I lose my text if I post early. imho, it would be much more friendly to display the same page, retaining your text, but with a warning in red.
$0.02,chip

captain hero!!! o.o
lol! i love drawn together! it's so funny!! XD
my favorite character is foxy. ^^"

ah anyway i agree with chip! :)

Signature Image

chip

chip

ecchi lover, linux sensei

Quote by gkff

Quote by chipI have no objection to the time limit, but I lose my text
if I post early. imho, it would be much more friendly to display the
same page, retaining your text, but with a warning in red.
$0.02,chip

captain hero!!! o.o
lol! i love drawn together! it's so funny!! XD
my favorite character is foxy. ^^"
ah anyway i agree with chip! :)

Thanks gkff! As for shinsengum's remark:

Quote by shinsengumiJust select all (ctrl-a) and copy (ctrl-c) before you
send. It's becoming a habit for me. . . if it doesn't go through, just
go back, wait a moment, paste, and you're all set.

I'm already doing that, and in my opinion it's a poor workaround. My suggestion stands, with all due respect =)

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

hmmm...seems like everybody post every 5 seconds, lol. for me, it doesnt matter cuz i wait 15 min or over till i post again. ^_^ it doesnt affect at all.

Signature

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

Quote by shinsengumi

Quote by arcxeroAlthough I agree that there is good reason for the delay, regardless I
think that 3 minutes is too long. Two minutes seems to be a lot better
of a number to me.

Consider this. In general, the forums are cluttered with frivolous threads on frivolous topics with frivolous replies. Rather than engaging in any kind of moderately intelligent or insightful discussion, many of our members, especially newer ones, are focused on flooding the forums with posts in order to gain as many levels as they can with as little effort as possible.
If this discourages that type of behavior, then I would consider it a great success. Does it inconvenience those of us who do not spam? To an extent, it does. I've certainly lost a number of my posts because I submitted before the three-minute rule, but now that gives me an opportunity to read through what I've written to make sure that I've drafted something coherent and cohesive.
Remember that the acceptance of restraints is the mark of a civilized society. Here, by detracting from the individual ability to flood the forums, the moderators benefit the community as a whole by keeping down the clutter and helping to temper the prevalent level-driven attitude of many of the newer members. Thus I applaud the moderators in taking this step to stem the tide, and hope that they continue their work of trying their best to improve this community.

Oh, I agree on the fact that flooding/spamming needs to be deterred. No question the decision to limit the amount of posts one is able to make to one every so often is a good one. However, I also think this deters rule abiding members from posting, especially with losing their text. (On that note, I think Chip's idea is a great one.) I just think that a compromise of 2 minutes instead of three would prevent pure spammers, while keeping other members happy.

Then again, if it were originally 2 minutes, someone would probably be complaining that it should be one.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

JSD324

The La-Lei-Lu-Lei-Lo

I understand it is to prevent spamming but couldn't you just lower the time a little
(to like 1 min. or 1 min. 30 sec.)?

My love, my dream, and you.
I won't let those go no matter what.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.