Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What are your top 5 CLAMP works (and why for #1)? - Minitokyo

What are your top 5 CLAMP works (and why for #1)?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Akari

Akari

easily amused by cute things

5. xxxHOLIC
4. Cardcaptor Sakura
3. Suki. Dakara Suki
2. Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
1. Sweet Valerian

Why Sweet Valerian?
Its really cute! Its only like a two page insert in nakayosi monthly but its really cute and amuzing. ^^

Signature

Ayashinosarah

Ayashinosarah

I am not Harry Potter! Grrr...

1. xxxholic
2. Tsubasa
3. Legal Drug
4. CardCaptor Sakura
5. Tokyo Babylon

That's the generation gap for you...

Anjeile

Anjeile

Dancing In The Storm

i love clamp mainly for their artwork. its so beautiful!

1. Magic Knight Rayearth (great storyline with intricately beautiful mecha n bg. it's a must-have)
2. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (the clothes, the fighting scenes, the bg...oh, it's so magnificent!)
3. Angelic Layer (the angels and the fighting scenes r so damn cool!)
4. Card Captor Sakura (pretty n cute cards. who wouldn't want them?)
5. Chobits (Chii is so cute! ^^)

Signature

toru07

toru07

Guardian of the Deep Abyss

1. Card captor Sakura - for me, its probably the best clamp series.... it has fantasy, romance, comedy, drama, action, musical, XD & everything... :nya:

2. X - cool anime ;)

3. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

4. Clamp School Detectives

5. Magic Knight Rayearth :\

Signature

man i luv clamp soo much for their work!
my top 5 will be:

tsubasa (the crossover are nice and fye so adorable, tho i like sakura & syaoran more)
ccs (its simply the best, isnt it?)
chobits (chii kawaiii~~)
xxxholic (sooo many things to understand)
clover (i never understand this one tho)

i really luv their works. it's simply rox.

Signature

Big, Huge, Fan of their art and storylines!

My list:
X (I can't stop admiring the artwork)
Card Captor Sakura (a positive story that always lightned up my days)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (anything with CLAMP's characters is cool)
Wish (a cute and adorable story)
Chobits (a cute nad adorable story)

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

!, Chobits. Although I've read others by clamp, that's the only one I really got into. But I really did get into it.

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

rizaroy

rizaroy

lotica dream

1-tsubasa reservoir chronicles -- the best : story, characters, drawing...
2-XXX Holic
3-X
4-Sakura
5-Chobits

Signature
French-Tribu ~ Fullmetal-alchemist-fans ~ Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Fan

Ne laissons pas nos larmes couler. C'est la victoire du coeur sur le corps. Car pour nous, cette chose qu'on appelle le coeur est la preuve que notre existence est superflue...

Periphery

The End

1. X
2. Chobits
3. Card Captor Sakura
4. Tsubasa Reservoir Chrnoicles

<3 Dark Mousy ! ^_^
Signature

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

Clamp's got a pretty nice reputation. And of course with Resevior Chronicles Tsubasa their becoming more popular. My favorite manga that they made were Chobits and CardCaptor Sukara. Chi is so inocent in Chobits, she'll even strip without hesitation XD! But I think Clamp is pretty cool.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

twinklebyte

twinklebyte

{| starry . starry . night |}

My Top 5:

1. x
2. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
3. ccd/20 Mensou ni Onegai!
4. wish
5. Legal Drug

Honourable Mention: xxxHOLIC

Why X? It was the first manga series I ever bought, and although I'm disappointed I'm on yet another hiatus, it has one of the best plots I've ever seen - in manga or in novel-length fiction. I love the substories and the mini-crossovers it contains, not to mention the fact that everyone in it, for the most part, is pretty.

And I love the relationship dynamics. Although I have to admit Kusanagi/Yuzuriha kind of squicks me - I mean, she's only like what, 14? He's definitely at least 30. >< (And if he's not, then he looks WAY too old for his age).

[CLAMP.fan]|[Escaflowne.fan]|[X.fan]
- hope is a waking dream -

mdntdragon

mdntdragon

Dark Dragon---Ruler of the night

I dont know much about clamp cuz all my exposure to anime is from adult swim on cartoon network. Having said that and looked at the posts in this thread I have to say Magic Knight Rayearth first cuz it looks so cool and they be hot (for cartoons). Second, Chobits (again, cuz Chii is a hottie)

On leathern wings and with fiery breath, I descend upon you!

Hikari-Sakurai

Hikari-Sakurai

Miss Wonderful

I'm quite a big Clamp fan.... not as much as I used to be, but I have nearly virtually read all of their manga. So my list is

1. Tokyo Babylon
"Best manga in terms of storytelling and character development, it's got a lovely mysterious and dark atmopshere to it and the trio of Subaru, Hokuto and Seishirou, are some of the most three dimensional, well developed and loveable character Clamp has ever created."

2. X
"Very similar to Tokyo Babylon, beautiful artwork and a wonderful dark and epic story, only downside for it is the fact it's got way to many characters to ever develop them all properly."

3. Card Captor Sakura
"Clearly Clamp's best manga from their "light and fluffy" genre. CCS is a wonderful blend of everything Clamp's so well known for. Even underneath all the fluff, this series still has their trademark: Angst (without it getting to headache inducing levels like X is)
It's just a great story with great characters, despite being a Mahou Shoujo series"

And that's it...... those three are really the only three Clamp works that I really think are their best... the next two are just ones I like personally, but don't think they are inceriably not worthy.

4. Tsubasa
5. Chobits

Ellene

Ellene

rockin' future 7

1. X TV- absolutely so filler episodes. Every episode had a point and gives you a lot of information about the storyline and the characters. Most people thought it was a confusing series, but I don't think it is. I also love the song Destiny/Sadame <3

2. Tsubasa- I love the character designs in here. Syaoran also shows a new and more mature personality. Traveling in different demensions to find Sakura's memories a really sweet thing ^^ Gosh, I'm glad Sakura isn't as annoying ¬___¬

3. ...?
4. ...?
5. ...?

I've read a few other clamp stuff, but I'm not THAT interests in them as X and Tsubasa.

1. Chobits
2. Shirahime
3. Wish
4. RgVeda
5. X

Nona

Nona

Tsubasa forever

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle (crossower !!!! :D Sakura and Shaoran! )
Chobits (Chii is so cute!)
X/1999 (I like the story)
Card Capter Sakura (hehe :D )
Shirahime Shou

1. x
2. Tsubasa
3. RG Veda
4. Clover
5. Chobits

The art of X is just great and i love most of the characters. for some reason, the manga by clamp these days are getting less elegant and very different than some of their earlier drawings. i found tsubasa, chobits and CCS similar while X and tokyo babylon takes on a more mature drawing...

1. x
2. Tsubasa
3. RG Veda
4. Clover
5. Chobits

The art of X is just great and i love most of the characters. for some reason, the manga by clamp these days are getting less elegant and very different than some of their earlier drawings. i found tsubasa, chobits and CCS similar while X and tokyo babylon takes on a more mature drawing...

1. Cardcaptor Sakura
2. X
3. Chobits

Those're the only ones I've seen/read much of and liked a great deal. I've seen the MKR tv series to completion and read Clamp School but I thought they didn't blow me away (I did like MKR however.) I really need to get more though. Clover, RG Veda, and Legal Drug look excellent.

1 Tsubasa r.c.
2 Clover
3 XXXHolic
4 Chobits
5 Kobato

Renako

Renako

-bloody moon-

1. Tokyo Babylon
2. xXxHoLiC
3. Cardcaptor Sakura
4. Tsubasa

I don't know why I like Tokyo Babylon so much... I just do. Subaru, Hokuto, and Seishiro are just a great combination of characters, with their various roles and interations with one another. And I can't think of a 5th... I haven't seen enough of any other series to decide.

Signature
And the world when it is viewed by those who know, is far larger than just one world can hold!

mYNamEisMimOxxx

mYNamEisMimOxxx

radical x woah

1// xxxholic
2// wish
3// legal drug
4//tsubasa

charmyc

charmyc

Charmy

Tsubasa ( i like clamp latest style ^^)
xxx Holic ( i like cross-over)
X
Magic Knigth Rayearth
Chobits

i'm not a big fan of clamp but yet it's the autor i have reed the more manga of.... ( i have reed clover and sarkura too)

Signature
.::.Visit my Site .::..::.Charmy Shrine.::.

Alcrin

Alcrin

The Ilusion

-Chobits
-Card Captor Sakura
-X
-Wish
-La dama del viento

Intentar sacar la espada no hará que salga. Intentar ser más fuerte no te hará más fuerte

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.