Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scan Ultimatum - Minitokyo

Scan Ultimatum

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 66 total items

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Quote by biriwilgHow about an artbook/shopping directory? Similar to the link directory thing which is in the works. Places to buy the artbooks or even just the ISBN numbers. Open it up to ratings too, so people can review it? I'm just tossing out an idea. :X

Look at http://www.jingoro.demon.co.uk/ under artbooks. There are a lot well described already.

Quote by KeltoshUhm .. dunno it might be an options. Still it would require quite some coding. And.. we're getting pretty out of topic here :D
Also everyone please not that each scan must clearly state whether or not YOU scanned it.

That means, if there is simply a link to a site at the end of the description, like http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/32360/ it doesn't count?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Well that one is ok since you clearly state you took them off that site. The important thing is that it mustn't be left uncertain.

Posting: "from artist x, collection y, page z, year t" is not enough because how are we supposed to know if you did them or not? It must be specified whether or not you did them.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

I think it's good to go and clean the scans gallery according to the policy :D this are going to be a very hard work so good luck!!

Btw, why don't you post this as news? I'm sure there will be several members who aren't going to read this thread because they don't get a notification about it. And then there are going to be a lot of "panic" here, like with the walls deletion, because some people are just paranoic. I think that posting it as news the mods are going to save a lot of work later dealing with the people.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

We didn't post it in the news for some reasons..
1) it would mean knocking donw Biriwilg's news about the donations for the tsunami victims
2) if people had bothered reading the policy and faq they would already know this is a must. This is a kind last last last warning to those that at least keep up with the forum.

Actually we could and should have just started deleting right away ... But we thought of giving ppl a last warning...

Signature

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by KeltoshPosting: "from artist x, collection y, page z, year t" is not enough because how are we supposed to know if you did them or not? It must be specified whether or not you did them.

Totally true, my suggestion was to add it along with "this is my scan" or "this isn't my scan and i found it there ; credit goes there"

by this way ; if an artist sees it ; he will be less angry to see he is well credited ; and even the edition would be credited. The fact is that i'm not sure a lot of people will credit this way ^_^

and what about the ©[loginname] removal in the scan section ?

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

question...what about those scans that were submitted looooooooooong before these rules came into effect...cuz i've been round MT since close to the beginning...and such harsh restrictions weren't around bak then...so i was wonderin what about the scans i submitted b4 the rules took place...

Ky

Ky

Blue

Kinda hard for me to comb through 17 pages or so of my gallery to do it, but it is a fair thing.

Nuriko, where can I find Carnelian artbooks/CDs for purchase?

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

@ky : if you want i can help you to credit your suzuhira hiro scan. I have some infos about from where they come (book , cd ...) but i don't know where you have find them ... so this part should be filled by you ^_^ it's the sole help i can give.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

This is really the LAST warning. Cleaning will begin in 4 hrs 30 mins. You still have time to credit your scans.

Signature

legnachi

legnachi

**Shadow Sniper**

where's can I upload my scan---(own scans made by me!!) I dont see it in the Submit Gallery Item??? ^_^'

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Read the news article ...

Signature

Question 1: if I have the same pics that were scanned before but I can scan them more efficiently, can I upload them?
Question 2: Since I'm only lvl 5 I can't download scans, and I can't decide which is better: my scan or the older. What should I do?
Question 3: I have a dvd cover and back from an anime that's not listed in the menu (K.O.Beast). Where should I upload it?

Aztec

Aztec

Aztec Samurai

I have a question If you have a scan and you modify it and submited as a wallpaper and give the proper credit is that permitted?

Signature
I only live to see what's beyond my mortal life. For that is the only truth I seek.
Proud member of: [Hispanime]

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

Okay, so making it simple, since all my scans I slaped on the platen of may scanner myself, i am safe. Or do i hav to dig through my pile of raw materiale (ugh) and see wich is bandai, adv, pioneer ect? CAuse.... THAT would suck... lol and since noone is responding to the news article...

You guys seem to have the thumbnail prob under control again.... So when can we expect to be allowed to post scans again?

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Two days, maybe three. But don't complain if by chance they become more :P Still even if they are your scans, the more detailed the description the better. Keep it in mind for future scans, but if you want also edit the old submissions :D

Signature

Mr. Gallery Director Keltosh, would you pleeeease answer my questions too?

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by BonciQuestion 1: if I have the same pics that were scanned before but I can
scan them more efficiently, can I upload them?
Question 2: Since I'm only lvl 5 I can't download scans, and I can't
decide which is better: my scan or the older. What should I do?
Question 3: I have a dvd cover and back from an anime that's not listed
in the menu (K.O.Beast). Where should I upload it?

1) If there is a significant improvement in quality then you can submit it again
2) If you are in doubt don't upload. You can always upload it after you reach level 10. If your scan is of a MUCH higher resolution and it's very good quality then you can upload it, but explain the problem and point with a link to the scan already present. DO this ONLY if the resolution is much bigger AND your scan is VERY good quality.
3)Those go under the anime/other category. But do make sure that they can be used in a wallpaper. Also scan upload is still disabled, you'll have to wait.

Signature

Thx for the answers :)
One more question: if I can make a wp from the scan, then I shouldn't upload it as a scan but make a wp from it? Btw. I hardly believe that I can make a wp from a dvd cover x_x

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 66 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.