Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion: Which friend's online? - Minitokyo

Suggestion: Which friend's online?

page 1 of 1 22 total items

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

First off let me start by saying I really like the friends list that you can build...it shows you're meeting people and participating well in many of the activities in MT...however with that said I wish it showed a little more purpose other than show who you've made friends with and when they made new art. like many other tracking type abilities that MT has via notification perhaps it would be an idea to let members know when their buddies are actually online maybe be by having their name on their friend's list become bolded or maybe there's a seperator between online and offline friends...I just think this would make a good suggestion because sometimes when you PM someone you don't exactly want to click on their profile to see if they're there or what not but having it there makes it that much easier to check on multiple people at the same time

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

:) it's a nice idea sometimes it is very handy to see wether someone is online and it would give more purpose to it. I'm for marking the online friends XD

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

o_O
ohhh not bad a suggestion.
looking at the currently online member in the fontpage can be really annoying. ^_^""
we'll just see what the mods will say about this. ^_^

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Yep with this idea PM will be far more effective! ^_____^

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

benjaminchia

benjaminchia

:express yourself:

totally agree . maybe something like icq online perhaps ?

.. btw thanks for the welcome . and you guess correctly for our first meeting :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

cool idea ^^
I'm agree!!!!
I'll wait for the answer =)

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

I really like this idea as well!
Way 2 go CTEon!

Signature

SuspendedReality

SuspendedReality

Lady Sanada

*nods* That would make things so much easier, hope that MT builds on the great suggestion.

Signature Image
~A huge thanks to Leaf for the banner and avy!~

|[Samurai Deeper Kyo]| |[Yaoi]| |[Strawberry]| |[Clamp Fan]| |[Linkin Park]|

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... that's quite the idea, i like it... for sure it would make things easier for us... great thinking on this one CTEon!

This is a great idea, although being a webmaster myself, I know how time consuming it is to implant new "hacks" to a forum ^_^' Either way, if it's possible to do such thing, I'm all for it.

Stolen

Stolen

*~*Burning Wings*~*

I think its a good idea - it would be nice, after making friends, to be able to chat to them in at a time they may be possibly online as the same time as me :)

But as ShadowSpirit said, it is very time consuming, and I guess patience would also play a part in setting it all up :) Mind you, it would be nice :)

*~* Please Don't Leave - Believe Me *~*

CTEon

CTEon

Thx for the comments everyone...it's nice to know that people liked my suggestion and well...thx for saying it here ^^

Quote by ShadowSpiritThis is a great idea, although being a webmaster myself, I know how
time consuming it is to implant new "hacks" to a forum ^_^' Either way,
if it's possible to do such thing, I'm all for it.

True...I also know the amount of time it would need to implement since I used to do some programming back when I was in high school...but I guess the main goal for forums like this is to see what ideas are generated and what ideas are popular which kinda allows the head programmer of the board decide what to do next in terms of upgrades

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

It must be just a simple filter (online members index filtered by your favorites). But if I think this over, this may eat a lot of memory/cpu (query/compare from the database) when lot of people online. v.v

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

I'm all for the idea! makes chatting easier. Yay for community-building! <3 <3

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

There is a way. Once you get past level 50, you can see who is online and in what area on the gallery's/forums main page. It's in a section called "Who's the man"

And it doesn't just contain your friends, it contains all members who are online.

CTEon

CTEon

lvl 50 ....that...will take a while =\...that's the problem with having no artistic skills...normal forum posting won't get you anywhere near there till say....4750 posts later x_x

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Well... if any of you guys can remember the shoutbox, that's reserved for members over level 50 too.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It's a good suggestion, but the shoutbox only works at level 50 or above. I'm yet to reach that level; I'm only at level 20.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

The shoutbox was restricted to level 50+ members because when it was a free-to-everyone feature, it got spammed to hell and the bandwidth went through the roof. Level 50+ members are non-spammers, they'd have been banned before they hit such a level, therefore making the Shoutbox a safe MT feature. Hell, somtimes it doesn't get touched for hours on end... then again, sometimes it does get spammed... Paolo (no offence to him though).

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

The "Who's the Man" is restricted to that level because it's pretty insense to lookup people online all the time if you're bouncing between pages all the time. :) However, at level 50 it does show a certain dedication to the community and to MT and so it's a cookie we give the members.
On the front of the page moderators are bolded and I think Elite members are italicized...too lazy to check.
Perhaps theres a way we can implement a lookup like... if (user_friendlist) == true, then make them a different color? I like these ideas. It's a lot better than the complaints I get a lot >_>

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

CTEon

CTEon

bleh...that...doesn't sound very good at all (that you nuriko gets a lot of complaints) but thank you for taking the time to look at the idea...I'm very happy to know there's a "who's the man" that's a very similar idea to mine but...meh...making lvl 50 to those who don't have the talent (for walling) or cash (for a scanner) will take a lifetime x_x ...the lookup idea does seem nice though...and it could always be implemented for lower lvl people who...sadly can't make lvl 50 in a long time to come XP ...oh well thx again nuriko ^^

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

**laughs** I do like your idea very much, CTEon. It's pretty hard to keep track of all your friends here, no doubt.

As to the shoutbox - it's a wonderful feature to have, but it is quite a spammy place at times - but not many do mind the conversations thrown back and forth, of course. It's all pretty much fair game there.

As to if you want to know which friends are online, I normally post on the forums whenever I'm on MT - so that's a no brainer - lol. When I post, I'm there. Not many do post on the shoutbox though, if you were wondering. It becomes a dead zone pretty much at times, which means you won't have much of an idea who may be online, but you can make an interesting conversation there without much of the hassle in the way.

Anyways, I really like your idea CTEon - but it's gonna take a lot of code work to do. However, there's always been surprises, so you'll never know when your suggestions may come true, over time. lol - Good show.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.