Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of "George W Bush" - Minitokyo

What do you think of "George W Bush"

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

artriki

artriki

gif dbz

What do you think of George Bush or the leaders of your country Kings, Queens whoever calls the shots. How do you feel about their decisions?

time can't be saved...only spent message from the TAO

Kings and Queens? I'd be interested to see how many members here live in countries with monarchs who have actual power.

And why is his name in quotation marks in the thread? Are you suggesting that George W. Bush isn't the President's real name at all? =o

No! The Patriots rule the country!

Seriously...
W = WWIII

Worst presedent in memory. Thousands have died over a lie, our economy is in shambels, we gave the finger to the international community ,and he's trying to turn our country into a theocracy. Yay. -_-

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Onward, Upward

Quote by Lord StyphonKings and Queens? I'd be interested to see how many members here live
in countries with monarchs who have actual power.
And why is his name in quotation marks in the thread? Are you
suggesting that George W. Bush isn't the President's real name at all?
=o

If you're such a good nitpicker, how about pointing out that it's 'Whomever' calls the shots?

Anyway, the guy tires me, but conservative teenagers don't hang out on boards like this very often... so I don't put a lot of faith in you finding a decent argument in his favor.

Signature
"There are absolutely no unsolvable problems. Instead of the foolish ignorabimus, our answer is on the contrary: We must know, We shall know."
-David Hilbert

I typically do not engage in political discussion with random people, or even close friends. For one, I could really care less about anyone elses opinion that may conflict with mine. When it comes to political thought, most people are very hostile when it comes to their opinion, expecially if you do not agree with them or if they disagree with what you have to say. I tend to keep my views to myself.

Ino naka no Kawazu Taikai o shirazu. Narau wa Issho!

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

I don't really have a problem with GWB. Well... not entirely.... my biggest problem with GWB is that, his ideas are in the right place and he does know what's good for our country, but he's so unintelligent and redneck-ish that it comes out so badly. That's it.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Lord-Satorious

Lord-Satorious

Knight of Avalon

You can say this much about President George W. Bush, he's one of the most decisive presidents we've ever had. He's not afraid to choose a course of action, make the decision and follow through with it. He doesn't look at the little details, he sees the world very much in black and white, good and bad, I think he has good emotional sensitivity to other people. He's a good president to have after 9/11 and in the war on terrorism, but his ability to communicate his point of view is not his strong point.

Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

Good ideas? Knows what's good for our country? ^^;

You mean the ban gay marrige? You mean outlaw aboration. You mean give heavy tax breaks to the upper 10%? Please elaborate.

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Quote by SeifersytheGood ideas? Knows what's good for our country? ^^;
You mean the ban gay marrige? You mean outlaw aboration. You mean give heavy tax breaks to the upper 10%? Please elaborate.

Personal opinion? Ever heard of that? And that's what I meant, like the gay marriage thing. (And before I get into this, I am in full support of gay marriage). More than likely, gay marriages end worse than regular marriages do. Try checking the statistics.

And (once again, I'm pro-choice) abortion is limiting a life, and etc. etc. It'd be better to put a kid up for adoption then let him die without having a life.

Ok? =D See what I mean? His ideas are in the right place, but he's an idiot bumbling over his own shoes.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Hmm, I rather dislike Bush. the war with Iraq was pointless, as we have no evidence to them having weapons. Also, what happened to Osama, you know, the guy WHO bloody WELL bombed THE world trade towers?
<_< also, his policy on the environment isnt that good, as the tundra region is very unstable, and the loss of just one species could easily kill off all the other species (of which there might be like 10...)
Oh, and his ecconomics plan is crap. "Here's an idea, lets stop paying any money to help pay off our national debt, and instead, cause it to grow by millions of dollors every week or so."

Go to www.flyingturkey.com/boards
then join and read the stories behind the name at the Creative Tendencies board.

artriki

artriki

gif dbz

WOW hit a soft spott! I just wanted to see what people thought but it seems I have hit MT with a low blow. sooooo emotional. Hey next time I will ask whats your favorite anime panty shot.

time can't be saved...only spent message from the TAO

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Onward, Upward

Yeah, it's a fair argument that abortion boils down to an opinion, but I don't know about gay marriages working out worse over a long period of time; I haven't been able to find any statistics on the subject at all. (Obviously not looking for American statistics on the subject, since, well, it just hasn't been that long.) The most unreliable ones I could pop up (Yahoo Relationships x_X) says this:
the divorce rate among Danish homosexuals is only 17 percent, compared to 46 percent for heterosexuals
Which seems somewhat sensible.

Signature
"There are absolutely no unsolvable problems. Instead of the foolish ignorabimus, our answer is on the contrary: We must know, We shall know."
-David Hilbert

Quote: Personal opinion? Ever heard of that? And that's what I meant, like the gay marriage thing. (And before I get into this, I am in full support of gay marriage). More than likely, gay marriages end worse than regular marriages do. Try checking the statistics.

And (once again, I'm pro-choice) abortion is limiting a life, and etc. etc. It'd be better to put a kid up for adoption then let him die without having a life.

Hey now, I'm not attacking your personal opinion, I was just asking for more then a vague statement. What ideas are in the right place?

And I have a hard time believing that gay marriage has a 50%+ divorce rate, which hetero marriage does. Provide a link, and I'll happily read. Regardless whether or not they succeed should have no bearing in the legality of the pracitice. I'm against aboration, but Roe versus Wade put's it in the states hands, where it should be.

Zelgadis

Zelgadis

Chimera

the only good thing that could happen to GWB is a bullet in his silly doll head ...
end of discution ...

Signature

Member of -- Quebec Freaks Group --

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Onward, Upward

Quote by Seifersythe
Hey now, I'm not attacking your personal opinion, I was just asking for
more then a vague statement. What ideas are in the right place?
And I have a hard time believing that gay marriage has a 50%+ divorce
rate, which hetero marriage does. Provide a link, and I'll happily
read. Regardless whether or not they succeed should have no bearing in
the legality of the pracitice. I'm against aboration, but Roe versus
Wade put's it in the states hands, where it should be.

While I'm playing devil's advocate, the leading precedent on abortion law is actually Planned Parenthood V. Casey. Roe v. Wade didn't actually say anything about state's rights for abortion, it actually held that abortion was covered under a woman's right to privacy (14th amendment). So, um, no.

Signature
-David Hilbert

Quote by SiefersytheI'm against aboration, but Roe versus Wade put's it in the states hands, where it should be.

Actually, it does the exact opposite; Roe v. Wade takes the the issue out of the states' hands, and makes it a federal issue. Which has made it an issue for the national parties, and led to all the bad blood over the issue.

Quote by Zelgadisthe only good thing that could happen to GWB is a bullet in his silly doll head ...
end of discution ...

Really? That would be a good thing?

Consider: if Bush is killed or otherwise rendered incapable of performing the duty of President, the news story that will have equal showing with whatever caused this turn of events will begin with the soundbite "I, Richard Bruce Cheney, do solemnly swear..."

Some people may think that's a good thing. I certainly don't.

i feel indifferent about the guy, even after watching propaganda from both sides,
farenheit 9-11 or the fox news channel, ha ha. I don't really care about him, and just care about the country itself.

Quote by Ezekiel

Quote by Seifersythe
Hey now, I'm not attacking your personal opinion, I was just asking for
more then a vague statement. What ideas are in the right place?
And I have a hard time believing that gay marriage has a 50%+ divorce
rate, which hetero marriage does. Provide a link, and I'll happily
read. Regardless whether or not they succeed should have no bearing in
the legality of the pracitice. I'm against aboration, but Roe versus
Wade put's it in the states hands, where it should be.

While I'm playing devil's advocate, the leading precedent on abortion
law is actually Planned Parenthood V. Casey. Roe v. Wade didn't
actually say anything about state's rights for abortion, it actually
held that abortion was covered under a woman's right to privacy (14th
amendment). So, um, no.

Hey, you're right. I'll have to remember that.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Wow, I am awestruck that so far no one has raise the almight intelligent words of "Bush Sux" like other Bush topic. Hope this thread will be civil as there are a lot of liberals lurking in this board. Anyways, since I am a liberal, can't expect me to like Bush, his tax cut couldn't benefit anyone expect that top 5% of the popluation. The economy needs the masses to consume to be health rather than having couple rich folks to buy priceless antiques. I could never agree with his policy, but Bush sure knows how to play the political game. I blame the democracts for all of this, Kerry couldn't make up his mind on what he wanted to believe, and they drop the ball when they couldn't even win against a president with 40% approval rating with a mess up war in Iraq before the election. For us liberals, we all got to reap what we sow.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

hes an idiot lol

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

President Bush is at least better than President Hoover during the Great Depression times if you learned about your U.S. History, IMO.

maybe, but he's worse than his dad if we speak of economy...I do not hate Republicans, but he's probably the worst president the US have ever had (yeah, Nixon was probably better)

I personaly dont judge people by what party any one person is with, because either way both parties have produced some really good Presidents.
And Kirchu, so what, Hoover did jack squat during the depression, anyone could do better than him by doing something, though bush's case is pushing it. the war in Iraq is stupid, and we need to go back to finding Osama. America seems to have this idea that anyone who isnt democractic like us is Evil, and under the ruling of some evil evil person, so we must go over there with big weapons, bomb the crap out of them, and then try to establish a democrocy there even if they dont want one, because we are America and we are always right. and that attidue is pissing me off. Yes, if what Bush said WAS true then we should have gotten rid of Sadam, but that doesnt mean we change their whole world around.

Go to www.flyingturkey.com/boards
then join and read the stories behind the name at the Creative Tendencies board.

fuzzmegabass

fuzzmegabass

Code Ninja

Quote by dojikiriI typically do not engage in political discussion with random people,
or even close friends. For one, I could really care less about anyone
elses opinion that may conflict with mine. When it comes to political
thought, most people are very hostile when it comes to their opinion,
expecially if you do not agree with them or if they disagree with what
you have to say. I tend to keep my views to myself.

kudos to dojikiri, I think that is one of the best posts I've seen in a long time. I can totally relate to what you're talking about dojikiri.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.