Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Theme Preference in Making Wallpapers - Minitokyo

Theme Preference in Making Wallpapers

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

This is a discussion on what themes you usually use and are comfortable with. I would like to hear your opinions. And also, please tell me which of the following themes you mostly like:

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Abstract
* Monochromatic
* Technological/Metal
* Scenery
* Vector
* Other

If this thread is a duplicate, please tell me and I will be asking a mod to delete this for me. Thank you.

[EDIT]
Please explain why you like those themes.^^;;
[/EDIT]

Signature

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Abstract
* Monochromatic
* Technological/Metal
* Scenery

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Abstract

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Quote by Tatsuya* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Abstract
* Monochromatic
* Technological/Metal
* Scenery

Okay...o.o explain why..XD

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

the one I like the most is:

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Technological/Metal
* Scenery
* Vector

XP

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

*celestrial : I have just started getting into it and I love how dreamy it looks if done correctly. It also fits a wide variety of character styles and moods.

*photography : this is my main style. I love taking photos! I think the photos can work as a nice base for a wallpaper. Do a photo, add some brushes or other design elements, and viola! a simple, but not plain, background!

*monochrome : I LOVE playing with monochrome. You can see so much more of the character and wallpaper details when using monochrome. I think too many people hide behind color. Monochrome is definately hard to do, especially when choosing the correct hues.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Quote by MistressPookyChan*celestrial : I have just started getting into it and I love how dreamy
it looks if done correctly. It also fits a wide variety of character
styles and moods.
*photography : this is my main style. I love taking photos! I think the
photos can work as a nice base for a wallpaper. Do a photo, add some
brushes or other design elements, and viola! a simple, but not plain,
background! *monochrome : I LOVE playing with monochrome. You can see
so much more of the character and wallpaper details when using
monochrome. I think too many people hide behind color. Monochrome is
definately hard to do, especially when choosing the correct hues.

Hmm.... photography... I wish I can take pics of the beautiful sky here in our place... T_T I love the sunrise and the sunset. And also dusk and dawn..XD If only I have a digicam...

Monochrome is hard indeed. I love some of the monochrome wallpapers here in MT.

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Abstract
* Technological/Metal

Celestial/Astronomical just looks cool. Fanyasy can be said about that as well. And abstract is only thing I can do, even tho I'm not very good at it. And I like Gundams so technological/metal is the way to go for those.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

Uwah... could I say "minimalistic"? XD Because... I don't know. Usually I go for 'clean' stuff anyways. I'm a perfectionist, and 'perfect' is easier to achieve with less elements <lol> ^_^' For instance, I could never see myself pulling off a grunge wall... guh. I'd be modifying it forever.

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Quote by bucket-shotUwah... could I say "minimalistic"? XD Because... I don't know. Usually
I go for 'clean' stuff anyways. I'm a perfectionist, and 'perfect' is
easier to achieve with less elements <lol> ^_^' For instance, I could never see myself pulling off a grunge wall... guh. I'd be modifying it forever.</lol>

Ooh... that's nice.^^;; Hey, I just noticed there's a face on your siggy... Hehe..XD

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Photography
* Scenery

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

* Astronomical ->It's always cool to have a window to the outer space in your pc
* Fantasy -> Because it's a very wide theme, I do prefer sci-fi
* Abstract -> Sometimes relaxing, and everytime you can discover new things in
* Technological/Metal -> Because it fits best with my windows theme :)
* Vector -> High quality at it's maximum expression

Hope it will be useful for your new wall creation ^_^

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

The first I write is the best.

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
* Scenery
* Technological/Metal
* Monochromatic

Signature

* Celestial/Astronomical - Always loved doing night time backgrounds with the stars glowing softly and the moon so bright. It what I started doing on my first wallpaper and like to keep doing
* Fantasy- I've always been a fantasy person. Angels, Elfs, etc...due to my background in Role Playing I do a lot of themes that are based in fantasy more then real.

Signature
+I like Celestial backgrounds++Proud Member Of DNAngel Fans++Member Of Loving Ayashi-no-Ceres+
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

*Celestial/Astronimical: i like night scenes... i AM a happy person, but i just prefer spacy, dark ones lol

*Fantasy: its dreamy ^^

*Scenery: scenery is always pretty, and i look up to those who can make a beautiful scene ^^ anyone got good tutorials on that?

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

With the only wall I've done so far that I can come close to saying I'm proud of, I did an abstract background.

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

-Celestial/Astronomical ~ provides a calm, mysterious atmosphere and really draws you into the wallpaper (and sometimes you get lost in the beauty)
-Fantasy ~ bordens imagination, i love angels ^^
-Abstract ~ nice, simpler and doesn't distract attention from the main focus of the wallpaper , actually it often illuminates the focus
-Scenery ~ gives the wallpaper a realistic touch and if its not too chaotic or distracting, it very complimenting of the wallpaper

EDIT: ....sorry, i think i misread the question, i was talking about these themes as backgrounds for wallpapers ^_^' is that what you mean?

narrator

narrator

AAAHH!!!!

Minimalism....God Bless it.

Signature
"I want your soul, I will eat your soul!!!!!!!!" - Richard D. James

shirahana

white flower

This is hard... @_@; How about just wallpapers in general ^_^'

Okay, well.... I actually really like abstract if it's done well. I kinda stopped trying to make them because I just didn't know how to.... =__=;

And why do I like it? Can't explain.... I'm just drawn to it...

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

Quote by einnaOkay...o.o explain why..XD

hmm...
* Celestial/Astronomical - it's look nice.
* Fantasy - it's look specially, imagination
* Abstract - nice, and simple
* Scenery - it's make wallpapers realistic touch.
another two i don't know how to explain, sorry.

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

I like
* Abstract
* Monochromatic
* Scenery
* Vector

I like these since they take time to make.
And required a great deal of composition.
Although evveryone can make on not everybody would be succesful in makin it ^^

But i prefered abstarct , or grunge to be exact, It feels so nice to be on my desktop ^^

kk-chan

kk-chan

kk-chan ^-^

I like Celestial, Fantasy and Scenery.
Celestial ... well, I think it's really cool for making wallie with starry effects, outerspace and stuffs like that. They gives the wallpapers much much more feeling of greatness (to me!) ^-^
Fantasy --> It's fun to brighten up your imagination sometimes, isn't it?
Scenery --> Just soothing. I love looking at scenery wallpaper ... nature, sea, waterfall, flowers combine with anime characters. Beautiful beautiful~~ I also love seasonal wallpapers, especially Autumn.

Signature
~Friendship is a priceless gift that can't be bought or sold~

hoihoi

hoihoi

cain fever

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Fantasy
these two are my favourite... to see and download! but i think they are the most difficult to make... i haven't done any yet...

* Abstract
* Monochromatic
* Scenery

i like these (above) too... easier... especially scenery.... ^^

miroku777

miroku777

~ Mine...

* Celestial/Astronomical
* Abstract

Celestial/Astronomical because the black backgrounds blend really well with bright colors for the foreground.

Abstract because it brings out the emotions of the artist making it.

Signature

"thank god, this sig appeared already.."

proud member of ::CELESTIA::
proud lover of ::EINNA:: ^_^

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.