Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Notification Glitch - Minitokyo

Notification Glitch

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

I haven't been too active here at MT specifically because of this problem... Let me explain myself... At first, I thought this was just a one time thing and I decided to leave it alone... Then it worsened as it happens every single time I log in... What am i talking about? Well, it seems that the notifications I get are either lacking or incomplete... This is due to the fact that the notification number decreases once I open the window... Example, just recently, on the homepage it displayed: Notifications:25, but when I finally opened the link it turned from 25 to 15... This means that I am actually missing out on a lot of threads and submissions from fellow members... I have also tried leaving old notifications behind only to discover that once I log in and open the messages window again, it would eventually disappear without me marking it as read...

I'm not sure if this problem is somehow connected to or affected by my pc or internet connection... But I have tried changing dial-up and still, it happens... Is it possible, that some of you are in the same situations as I? I mean, it's really upsetting to be missing some great works out there... >.<

I hope this can be fixed soon... ^^:

P.S I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone, particularly my friends, for not being able to give reviews... Sorry, I'll try to catch up on evrything as soon as possible...

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I found that when I have PMs and I open the notification window, the notifications will drop of the # of notifs list. Really, you shouldn't have lost any notifs, they should all be there. However, if you really are loosing notifs, go to the support section's Support Inquiry. This is where you tell mods about glitches with MT.

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

hmmm... if I am not wrong
this happens when like a submission or something had been deleted
it also happens to me.. once I had a notification which I could see then another day.. when I hadn't marked it as read it was not there.. then I went to find the page could not find it..

Quote by KatzbalgerI found that when I have PMs and I open the notification window, the notifications will drop of the # of notifs list. Really, you shouldn't have lost any notifs, they should all be there. However, if you really are loosing notifs, go to the support section's Support Inquiry. This is where you tell mods about glitches with MT.

Yes, I know about the PMs and I've noticed it too... And I really am losing notifs since it happens every time, not (only) to PMs coz I don't get much of it, but to wall/fanart submissions and threads.... As I have explained above, I have tried it with the older submissions/ threads notifs and it also disappears... It usually happens immediately after I open or click the notifications link... So yeah, thanks, I will...

Quote by MadWizhmmm... if I am not wrong
this happens when like a submission or something had been deleted
it also happens to me.. once I had a notification which I could see then another day.. when I hadn't marked it as read it was not there.. then I went to find the page could not find it..

I have checked several links through the members' userpages... Unfortunately, none were deleted at all... And the submissions or threads still remain as valid links in galleries and forums etc...

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I too have been wondering about this for sometime. Though I more of figured that the problem was address by someone already, I'm very glad you brought it to attention Zeine. Its somewhat annoying and its slowly begun to increase as to where I actually have a 200 difference in notifs. >.> Its more of like all the notifs I missed while I was gone, yet as soon as I go to my notification page, boom! @_@

I've been trying to determine the problem myself and still no answer so far, nor even anything close to one. Though I'm sure when more time is allowed for this problem to be worked on, it'll be taken care of. Still thank you Zeine for addressing this matter =D.

Signature Image

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

ive been affected by this to and im positive that messages are lost since i checked my friend list and i got a new one i didnt know about :( who knows what ive missed. :sweat:

Let me Serve You!! :)
Signature

Exactly my point... Its really hard missing notifications and it would be unfair to some people since you can only review some selected/limited items... I'm glad to hear that some of you have the same problem... I was beginning to think that something was wrong with my pc...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Okay people - that's where I come in. How could I not notice this thread earlier, when I knew the answer already? lol

I want to give you a heads up - notifications for all posts in your guestbooks, submissions, and threads, and the favs. you have will be automatically deleted within a week.

I hope that answers your question, zeine. Apparently I realized this was happening for nearly weeks now. What to catch up on - is up to you. Otherwise, you snooze, you lose. Hope you clueless people now know why its been dropping a lot lately.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

Quote by CelessaOkay people - that's where I come in. How could I not notice this thread earlier, when I knew the answer already? lol
I want to give you a heads up - notifications for all posts in your guestbooks, submissions, and threads, and the favs. you have will be automatically deleted within a week.
I hope that answers your question, zeine. Apparently I realized this was happening for nearly weeks now. What to catch up on - is up to you. Otherwise, you snooze, you lose. Hope you clueless people now know why its been dropping a lot lately.

doubtfull because i check in everyday more than once.

Signature

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

er.... another problem may be your browser. If you're using IE, I'm almost positive that's the reason. If you are running on IE, I stongly suggest, hell, even abuse and torture you to get Firefox.

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

i do use IE(if its not broken..) ive never met any godawfull probs' , from time to time i use opera :)
oh and your ava is super cute XD

Signature

Quote by CelessaOkay people - that's where I come in. How could I not notice this thread earlier, when I knew the answer already? lol

We "clueless" people are not really as clueless as you'd think... Just like Usagui-san, I come back to MT a number of times in one day, given the chance or once I have spare time... And it happens 8/10 times per log... Sometimes, notifs would disappear immediately after the next day... I'm sorry for being clueless but this has been a problem for me that started more or less about the month of December (before the community skin change even) last year... I apologize but it still hasn't brought about any clarification... And I wouldn't be starting a thread such a this if I wasn't so sure about my reasons...

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

Quote by zeineThis is due to the fact that the notification number
decreases once I open the window... Example, just recently, on the
homepage it displayed: Notifications:25, but when I finally opened the
link it turned from 25 to 15...

The same things has happened (ans still does happen) to me numerous times. I've just tried ignoring it until now. -_-
Actually, this just happened a few minutes ago when I logged in. It said 17, and then dropped to 11. It happens nearly every log-in but, I can't tell if I, myself, am actually loosing any notif's...
It is upsetting, you're right. It would be wonderful if this was resolved, or at least reasoned out soon. ^^
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

Quote by hishouThe same things has happened (ans still does happen) to me numerous times. I've just tried ignoring it until now. -_-
Actually, this just happened a few minutes ago when I logged in. It said 17, and then dropped to 11. It happens nearly every log-in but, I can't tell if I, myself, am actually loosing any notif's...
It is upsetting, you're right. It would be wonderful if this was resolved, or at least reasoned out soon. ^^
-Li-

Yes, it should be resolved, and soon... At least now I know that I'm not the only one facing this sort of problem... But come to think of it, some people don't know about this happening at all... It seems that they are not affected... So it's pretty weird...

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

I didn't really notice anything gone missing, there has been the old notivication dissappearing problem coused due to the calculation thing, that MT has so much calculating to do that the notivications are given a differend number before you open them, that is a known think happening

but you say you really missed notivies you saw in the notivication screen earlier?

edit: read your post again and it prbably is the calculation thing but that only happens to me when I open it after the night or when I havn't been here longer, still the number you saying is quite high. with me it's only one or two a day depend on how many notivication I have

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

This is a known problem, and we were going to fix it in the next version of Minitokyo.

Please don't ever submit a link to a thread in a Support Inquiry. Mods read the boards and only reply if the answer hasn't been answered by a member of the community. Also, threads like this already exist and this thread will be closed.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.