Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do u agree the best game developer is Japan?? - Minitokyo

Do u agree the best game developer is Japan??

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 72 total items

blackchii

blackchii

Enjou no Kougyoku

Well 90% of my game comes from Japan developer, RPG, action, Puzzle, simulation and many more. Wondering why I just love them.. the outstanding graphics, cool char design, music (some say music even can help a game that lacks on many aspect) and I dare to say Bill Gates X Box losing from PS2 caused by only few Japan developer that supported his console. They sure did an excellent work making those games, I believe they're the master when it comes to RPG based game. Only my personal opinion though
So, u'r opinion about it??

Signature

depends on the game actually ^^;

i believe the best & biggest country for strategy games & mmorpg's is south korea, coz of starcraft & ragnarok online

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

I disagree. Totally. Unless you are talking only about ps2 games of course. But if you are talking generally (including pc games as well) then I seriously disagree. I still have to see a japanese game with a graphic engine better than Half Life 2's one. Show me a japanese-made RTS which is superior to starcraft or warcraft. Show me a racing game with better phyics than Gran Prix Legends. Show me a japanese mmorpg better than Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Everquest. Show me a japanese adventure game better than Lucas' games (any of them, from the first Money Island to Grim Fandango). The only kind of games where japanese do quite well are Horror-games (resident evil and clones) and asian-rpg games (because I still have to see a REAL RPG made by japanese developers like Ultima or like the Baldur's Gate saga). That enough?

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

I believe that american developpers are good with strategy games (Blizzard) but sucks with every other type of game. The only non-Blizzard game developped in the States that I liked was Metroid Prime (Retro Studios).

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by AirMasterI believe that american developpers are good with strategy games
(Blizzard) but sucks with every other type of game. The only
non-Blizzard game developped in the States that I liked was Metroid
Prime (Retro Studios).

Good joke. Which means ID software (developers of the Doom saga and Quake saga) sucks? No offense but I am hardly containing myself not to laugh loudly. Same applies for Valve (developers of Half-Life 2). Ah yes, what a crappy game half life is.. I mean, it received the awards for best fps of 2004, it's gotta be an ugly game. stupid developers. /end of sarcasm

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

To be honest, I lately turn my view to XBox. What's happening?
Well, I import games form Japan (my biggest hits here in Mexico for only-Japan games have been Kanon and Clannad) and I have seen lots of RPG's and puzzles very good for XBox, many games that just a few people would have ever imagined in an american console.
But talking about the games, I would have absolutely affirmed that japanese developers are the best a few years ago. These because even when you may not like XBox, the PC games are even more challengin' and surroinding than any japanese games.
Japanese games graphic engine has lately been similar for most of their games, and you'll never find any japanese that would never ever crush Starcraft, Warcraft, Doom (rather that than RE or SH), Age of Empires or even the XBox consagrated Halo (sorry to mention it, I like it). Talk about music? what do you think for Halo's music?
Also, the online game feature is more advanced here than that i Japan. These because (and nobody's going to regret it) the best software developers are those americans (Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, Sun, Pixar, AliasWavefront, etc.).
Sorry, but those cute girls, bright colors, and old challengin' RPG's, or oversetimated puzzles, does no longer meets my game requirements for thinking they're the best.
Only one last japanese game I liked, F-zero GX.
Thanks for reading this.
ºoº)

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

well , i'm not a expert in matter but all countries have best and nasty games in the case of japan they have best games for example MGS ,FF, DOA,etc., but also they have a junk games as the 1st person game of resident evil ,the recently game of megaman x ,aria of sorrow (copy of symphony of the night),etc.,same as america example age of empires ,need for speed,halo ,medal of honor are best games ,but they have bad games ,well to finish the comment i think the game market is not totally dominated for japan

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

J9999

J9999

Gentleman, poet

In my opinion, Japanese games are the best. They often present plots, characters and styles which no other games can offer. I'm not very expert and interest in technical aspects and, in a game, I don't look for these. So, I don't know if Japanese games are better or worst than others in this field. But it is only my point of view. :)

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons, even Death may die." H.P. Lovecraft

Tutto e poesia...

Aurion

Aurion

Crazy Stat Guy

This seriously depends upon the genre. Based on what I've seen of games,

Most console games originate in Japan; most PC games in the U.S.
First-person shooters are the domain of American companies (as most land on the PC)
Most MMORPG's come from either South Korea (the ones that seem to drawn more "cutesy") or the U.S.
Console RPG's are dominated by titles originating from Japan
Sports games are primarily American (EA releases the majority, I believe)
Real-time strategy -- the better offerrings have come from American companies (Blizzard, in particular)
Fighting games -- I would give the edge to Japan in this category

In other words, a broad encompassing statement that the best game developers are in Japan is hard to support; this really depends upon what type of games you like to play most.

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

:\ i agree with you aurion

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by AirMasterI believe that american developpers are good with
strategy games
Prime (Retro Studios).

Good joke. Which means ID software (developers of the Doom saga and
Quake saga) sucks? No offense but I am hardly containing myself not to
laugh loudly. Same applies for Valve (developers of Half-Life 2). Ah
yes, what a crappy game half life is.. I mean, it received the awards
for best fps of 2004, it's gotta be an ugly game. stupid developers.
/end of sarcasm

I don't like FPS games. So laugh all you want.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by AurionThis seriously depends upon the genre. Based on what I've seen of
games,
Most console games originate in Japan; most PC games in the U.S.
First-person shooters are the domain of American companies (as most
land on the PC)
Most MMORPG's come from either South Korea (the ones that seem to drawn
more "cutesy") or the U.S.
Console RPG's are dominated by titles originating from Japan
Sports games are primarily American (EA releases the majority, I
believe)
Real-time strategy -- the better offerrings have come from American
companies (Blizzard, in particular)
Fighting games -- I would give the edge to Japan in this category
In other words, a broad encompassing statement that the best game
developers are in Japan is hard to support; this really depends upon
what type of games you like to play most.

I couldn't have explained it better. That's exactly what I was trying to tell :).

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

:sweat: stay calm stay calm :sweat:

Quote by AirMaster

Quote by ShiNN84

strategy games
Prime (Retro Studios).

/end of sarcasm

Signature Image

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by AirMaster

Quote by ShiNN84

strategy games
Prime (Retro Studios).

/end of sarcasm

Hey hey, guess you don't like sarcasm :P. Didn't mean to get you upset ;(

Anyway it shouldn't matter if you like a genre or not (in your case fps), we're talking about the developers not about the games. Of course there are kind of games you don't like and others that you enjoy playing, but that doesn't mean that the game you don't like isn't well programmed/developed. I brought the example of Half-Life 2 because it's a game where the developers spent a lot of time behind it and realized a game which is technically perfect. Or I can give you an other example: I don't really like sports games in general, but that doesn't mean that I do not credit Konami for making ISS PRO 4, which is a very well developed and programmed. In other words the point of the discussion is not whether you like japanese games or non-japanese ones, the point is if those games are well developed or not. That's why I opposed the sentence that said that only japanese game developers deserve credit, which isn't true. Of course japanese developers play a great role in the history of videogames, but let's not forget that videogames were born outside japan and let's not forget that all the improvements to graphic, sound etc. have always been made by american/european developers (for example John Carmack, developer and boss of the ID software is one of the most skilled - if not the most skilled above all - programmer of graphic engines for videogames). I didn't mean to offend all the people who love japanese-developed games, I just wanted to give credit to the hard work that the american and european developers are putting to improve every aspect of the videogames.

Just my 2 cents.

HamsterJohn

HamsterJohn

Defender of ur Mom

The Japanese don't have a foothold at all on the PC game market, for sure. Probably 'cuz they all either play games at the arcade or on a home console. Thus, genres like FPS and mmorps are dominated by other outside developers.

Or you can just stop reading this post and reread aurion's, 'cuz it basically summarizes it perfectly.

000011111 11110000111 000111 111 111 !!!!oneone one

Stop wasting the internet!

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

If I had to choose between having Japanese games, or American games, It would be a pretty easy choice. I would choose all the Japanese made games. Dont get me wrong, I love Halo, and almost all the Blizzard games. In fact im completely addicted to Diablo II and Warcraft III at the moment, but I could live without those. If i never saw a final fantasy game, or all the mario games, i would cry.

:P

Yay japanese games.

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Depends. But I'll never agree that japanesse makes the best RPG!
True, I like some of the Japanesse RPG game (Final fantasy X for example), but I hate that I can't effect the storyline in them! When I played it, it wasn't like I had a big choice.
True, graphic was great, but I would like to have some choice. And what if I don't want to save the world? Or at least didn't want to help Wakka in that tournament or whatever it was?
That's why I belive that the best RPG games are made by not existing anymore Black Isle and BioWare. Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment 4ever! :D

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by DrakThat's why I belive that the best RPG games are made by not existing
anymore Black Isle and BioWare. Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment
4ever! :D

Hehe quite a shame they don't exist anymore :( . Man I was really looking forward for an other rpg based on the Forgotten Realms... guess I'll have to wait for Fallout 3 :)

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

That depends. I personally find American and European games better. I've played Homeworld 2, Morrowind, Freelancer, the GTA series except the 2 first ones, NFS HP2, NFSU 1 and 2, Dungeon Siege, Age of Mythology, C&C Generals, Splinter Cell, Red Faction, Civilization III, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, RE 3, MOH Allied Assault and Freedom Fighters. And guess what? The only Japanese games included are RE 3 and F-Zero GX. Splinter Cell is a French one, AoM and Freelancer come from Redmond, and all the rest come from somewhere else in USA. I've also played Goldeneye 007, which comes from Liverpool as far as I know.

Maybe that because of a tendency I've noticed about game developers:
~ Japanese devs tend to stick to a given franchise. Just look at all the Mario, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil and Metroid games. These franchises alone group *a lot* of games.
~ American games tend to use already tried and true formulas with *wonderful* results, though sometimes they create new ideas with good results.
~ European games are the most innovational of all. Just look how much the videogame history changed with the very first Grand Theft Auto. As far as I know, Rockstar Games has headquarters in England.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Depend the genre of the game itself. Rpg genre I prefer Japan cause the stroyline and graphic (For me of coure) are no. 1. For strategy genre, I prefer America. The graphic, the idea is intresting me. Especially Dawn of War, still play it.

I agree with you...Japanese games are the best games ever! :D

Memero

Memero

Hiding in a cardboard box...

Japanese Games are deep in their stories & emotions. They use ingenious methods of storytelling. All I want in a videogame is good gameplay & story. I hate FPS's, they always give me headaches & their stories are usually pretty shallow.

I'll tell you, good american games will always have some japanese developers behind it.

Quote by J9999In my opinion, Japanese games are the best. They often present plots,
characters and styles which no other games can offer. I'm not very
expert and interest in technical aspects and, in a game, I don't look
for these. So, I don't know if Japanese games are better or worst than
others in this field. But it is only my point of view.

The frightened will grow pale.
I am but a shadow in the dark,
I never grow pale...

Im going to break it down for everyone simple:
Turn Base and Real time(by this i mean ffx-2 style games and like SO games) RPGs are best made by the Japanese (FF series)
FPS should stay in the US made
Horror games like Resident Evil should stay a Japanese made game
PC games are made best by the US
Action/Adventure games are ok for either US or Japan
Action/Adventure Rpgs are best made by the US (Baulders Gate)
Real Time Strategy games are best made by blizzard or the original creator of the C&C series i cant remember what it is called now
Fighting games in my opion are best made by Japan
There are other Genres but i think thats enough and This is really just a recap of what Aurion
said in his post

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates
Experience teaches you to recognize a mistake when you've made it again.- Unknown

Gressini

Gressini

Tokimeki No Hakumi

yes couse i often go to the game center to play various interesting games

'Signature Image'
Tokimeki No Hakumi

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 72 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.