Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How long have you had internet? - Minitokyo

How long have you had internet?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Curious on when got your first taste of the net? Also, did you start with dial-up or just have broadband (high speed)?

Personally, I've had the internet for about 7-8 years, I started with dial-up then about 6 months ago, made the glorious and long awaited switch to high-speed internet.

Probably most have highspeed anymore, considering some of the wallpapers are 1MB+.

I have had the internet for a long time, can't remember exact years. Though I was lucky and never stuck with dial up. I did have e-mail through dial up, but no internet. When I got the internet it was broadband, I can't image surfing sites, esp. this one, on a dial-up connection.

Jinpun

Jinpun

The one and only

I can't even remember the first time I used the internet. It was dial-up, as broadband wasn't anywhere near being as popular then as it is now...

Maybe 8 years ago?

Signature

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Well when I first got Internet I rarely used it, so I can't remember exactly when, but I'm guessing 7-8 years. Started off with dial-up, but I think that was probably the only option at the time, lol. But now I have high speed and as you put it, it is indeed 'glorious' ^^

jhujhiti

Retired Moderator

jhujhiti

Bug Exterminator

I've had internet access from home since about 1994. Wow, 11 years. I feel so old XD

I barely got mine in 2003. And I started out with Comcast so it's pertty much smooth running.^__^

Mindslice

Maniacal Bunny Lord

I've had the internet for six years. I remember getting it in the eigth grade. Thanks goodness not moment later.

Nona

Nona

Tsubasa forever

We had interner for 10 years, my father used it for his job and hobby :D

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

when I was around 8 years old I dunno I'm too lazie to do the math...but first it was dial up and when I was 10 it was high speed internet =)

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

I started with dial-up, like 8-9 years ago or something. I switched to cable around 4 years ago and haven't looked back since. Moved a couple of times in between, but there's no way I'm going back to dial-up >_<

Be Free and Masturbate

Got internet at home about 3 years ago (broadband) and we first had intrernet at my dad's work about maybe 5 years ago (dial-up)

Firefox

Hi, I'm your favorite browser

I think I have around 4 to 5 years of internet now. The first 4 dail-up and since a small year I've got ADSL Light.

i had mine like.... 10 years ago, and after 6 years of having dial up, i finally changed to broadband! yeay! :D

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Not sure. Probably 6 years ago. i started with AOL. Then I switched to DSL. I hate AOL!

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Tetseiru

-Soul Drifter-

I had mine for around 6 to 7 years maybe. It was a long time ago so I can't remember.

i've had internet since... i was 4, and im now going on 20 in 2months.

ocelotisun

ocelotisun

SpiritedAway

I have mine for about 8 to 9 years... :) ... First dial-up ... And 1 year ago I got High Speed... Yay! ... :D

6 years already

I caught the leading edge of the whole AOL thing, way back when all the lines would be jammed and all you could get was a busy signal. Now I'm riding th boadband wave and lovin' it!

I think since i was 10... and im gunna be 17 in like 3 1/2 months...

i started with broadband 4 years ago

Signature
"Im not afraid of death; but dying scares the hell out of me."

"When aliens, robots, mutants, super powered psychopaths attack earth we are gonna kick their asses thanks to video games and the important lessons they taught us. :D"

Quote by ChaosLokii started with broadband 4 years ago

same here...

Keik

TarballIUTzone

3/4 Year dial up then Braodband its about 3 Jears jet.
It was no fun playin Online with 56 k ;)

Um.. I've started with dial-up 5 years ago.. than changed into SDI .. now it's faster XD

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.