Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Violent Video Games - Minitokyo

Violent Video Games

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 54 total items

Unfortunately we're living in a society today where their is a moral majority of 40-50 year old house wives of conservative powerful white men who are all about censorship. Personally I believe that censorship should only be based within the home. If a parent finds material objectional for their child they should simply not let them see/hear/play it. There should not be any governmental control. Personally it's bad on the development side of the rating system because we have to base content for games on what our publisher has decided our ESRB rating should be. ie not using words like "die" or "death" in a "t" rated game, because apparently, according to the ESRB it's harmful to teens to think that their cartoon on the screen dies when you are bitten an excessive amount of times by <insert random enemy here>

Bah I say!

Signature
I am unreasonable for I have lost all reason

ive been playin violent games since i was 3-4 so i see it as a load of bullshit. i havent commited any violent acts so thats proof that violent games arent the cause of violence

JyeBlade1

JyeBlade1

Hiding In Shadows

People were protesting against Rockstar Games in NYC the other day, because of the games they were making. These games can easily fall into the hands of kids.

Signature
My Gallery
Avatar thanks to silentmasamune, my brother.

Sessha

Silver Fox

I think it's good for kids to play violent games sometimes because they can help them release their anger and violence into a fantasy world instead of the real world. And if they don't let minors buy violent games, it's not gonna stop much. When I was a minor, I just had my mom buy the games that I wasn't legally allowed to buy, and then I payed her the money for them later.

No more.

Nephir

May the Light Free You

I agree with some, and disagree with others.
Ok, so violent games are bad to some, great to others. I'm 15, and I love RE4. But am I gonna go out, but a revolver and shoot some guy's head? No.
Like others have said, parents are to blame for not being aware of what their kids are doing. They show at least watch a trailer for the game before buying it.
But there is one exeption in my eyes.
Grand Theft Auto. That game is pure nonesense and cr*p. It brings out the worse in life, and puts it into an easy-to-carry disk. I mean, guns, beating people, cursing, drugs...I mean, the ESRB tag on the back is almost packed to the max with M stuff. Also, the worst part of it all is, it's so easy for kids to get. I mean, I have an 8 year old stepbrother who plays it. It's sad. I personally think that the GTA series is something against what peaceful minds...right minds...are about.
In short, violent games are just that; games. Like Seesha brilliantly (not being sarcastic) stated before me, they are a way for us to express our inner anger and rage, and if they take that away...well, we'll be forced to show off that anger in...other ways.
I'm not angry at anyone here, but I'm simply talking in the way I would to those hot-shot suits in DC.
Case closed. For now.

There is Nothing better than to be in the Darkness and to be saved by the Light...

Signature

But there is Nothing worse than to be in the Light
and to be taken by the Darkness...

-6sic6-

-6sic6-

Shinigami

I think it's ok, but then again, it depends on the child itself
I've played many violent video games since I've known video games, but it doesn't make me violent.

But if some 4-12 year old kid plays "manhunt", maybe that would be a different story XD

Signature

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 54 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.