Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what would you consider when buying a game? - Minitokyo

what would you consider when buying a game?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

what would you consider when buying a game?
graphics?gameplay? or the storyline? or even because of the good looking character in front of the cover?
I would prefer good graphics......at least it wouldn't give me eyesore when playing it....^_^
what would you think?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

actually i prefer a good storyline for a game to be played...but also graphics is a big thing now a days...but overall i think the best way to see if u think the game is good is to play the demo...cuz sometimes things like ut2k4 with no solid storyline is actually fun to play....

A n3rD is someone who is into computers and technology,
A g33k is someone who is into computers and technology and likes it that way!
Signature

Gameplay is the biggest thing that I consider. What good is a game if it isn't fun to play. Graphics are just gravy and isn't a real big concern to me. (I play a lot of Phantom Brave so that tells you how much graphics mean to me...)

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

i'm consider the storyline and gameplay with this points you have excellent game, because more games are very repetitive and the only change is the characters

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

replay value
i dont want to buy a game if i can finish it in 10 hours with no more interesting secrets to reveal.

there are many games which i rent for 1 or 2 days play it through and then return.

replay value

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Graphics, what genre, what sort of story/plot the game has and how long I think it is likely to last me.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Well, I think "Does it have ninjas or guns? If not, forget it." XD
I don't usually buy games though, because I have very little money. So I'm stuck playing my friend's borrowed copies and my brother's.

gzg9jg

gzg9jg

Grifter

To me the game play is the first thing I consider and second are the graphics. If I see a game that looks it could be fun, I research it, IGN, Gamespot, checkout the screens and trailers, etc.

For me it's a mixture of all three but primarily gameplay. The control of the game has to be good. I'll pick a NIS game over any of the latter FF anyday.

"Cats drink champagne, toast death and pain. Like slaves on the ship talkin bout "Who got the fliest chains."

story or plot. especially RPGs. It's kinda bored if the game is dull and boring .

Graphics would be the first thing to consider. Gameplay and replay value are also good factors but I guess for me, first impressions are really important. I usually tend to cope with the gameplay though. Replay value isn't much to me since most of the time, I only play a certain game until I finish it.

Play time I guess is also a factor. I couldn't finish Harvest Moon or Disgaea to the maximums. I'm pretty much a perfectionist and it saddens me if I didn't finish games like those to a really high level. XD

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

everyone here pretty much presented good points of arguements...it is also agreeyable(spelling?) that graphics shouldnt be a main focus it is after all eye candy...but yeah ive never been much on RPG tho...first thing i set my hands on were Duke Nukem, Doom and Wolf3D for my 486 which now a days seems very insignificant...one thing ive noticed tho is why must the new games have characters who are "overly seductive" does that help bring a good game???

Signature

First thing to consider is graphic, i don't think i would knew the storyline good if i just try it for 5 minutes. Gameplay too, second to that.
Unless for fighting games, i consider the gameplay over the graphics

kira3572

kira3572

Servant of the Dark World

me.... graphic, company that release it or the creator of the game Gameplay from demos those are the things i consider in a game if it stratgy i leave those out part from graphic

i look for good story and good characters. so rpgs usually. i want to meet a charcter who grows in some way and becomes different in the end than what he/she was in the beginning.

so old school games are left in the dust....*sadened*

Signature

ashley50

ashley50

Dreaming Tank Buster

The Developer, Sequel, the Title, Gameplay, replay value, challenge, characters and some news from other people I've heard.

What can I say?
Let's~ Volt ~IN!

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Playtime.
The game has got to keep me entertained more that anything. This can be done with either the story, game play or graphics. If anything isn't there, then neither will I be there playing it. I've seen too many games people go nuts over and I hated them.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

i always start with characters design and character development in the game. then would prpobably be game design, plot and gameplay. i'm don't really mind spoilers before getting the game, at least it's better then being totally disappointed when you acctually get it. last would probably be the price, i mean, it's gotta be worth my wallet.

hmm .. i dun play much anyways but usually graphics and than gameplay and storyline.. it's possibilities and such. But sometimes it's a crap anyways lol

Tetseiru

-Soul Drifter-

Playing time, storyline, graphics, sound, and gameplay.

MadTeaParty

Madam

I look at how the game is different than other games, graphics, replay value, and I tend to consider the scores and reviews given at ign. It's rare for me to buy a game based on just popularity, unless the game is popular because it's perfect in every way.

story, gameplay and graphics.

Thienan

Thienan

Mad Suiken User

Story, gameplay, well developed characters, and music.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.