Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Something Got You Traumatized? - Minitokyo

Something Got You Traumatized?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

Before I start, I am not asking for your symphathy and I know this isn't a contest for who's got the worst story. I don't really mean to give my life's story but some background is needed to understand the situation. I am sure that many had the same experiences as me although it may be hard to come out with it. I am merely stating what traumatized me, nothing more and nothing less. So here goes.....

When I was I child, I had every thing I ever wanted. I am not talking of material possesions.
I lived with my family in a cozy house out ine the country on a 4 acre space of property.
It included 20 square yards of vegetable gardens, a flower garden, berries. and peaches.
We owned chickens, rabbits, and ducks.
I had woods in the backyard that I spent most of my days...usually around a campfire with my family.
If not with my family then I walked alone in the woods-ever since the age of three.
We didn't have a lot. Most the clothes I had were hand me downs that my oldest brother grew out of long ago passed on to my other brother and then to me, the youngest.
We were poor, but happy.

At the age of nine this changed when I was taken from my school with no words spoken and the next thing I knew I was in a hospital and I was taken to a room with everone staring at a man lying motionless with no life in him. I looked closer and I recognized it to be my father.
At that moment I saw my father dead a lot of me died with him.
Besides losing the best man I ever knew and also my best friend, I didn't realize that I was about to lose my entire way of life with it and almost every thing else with it.
With my dad gone we could not afford to keep the home I lived my entire life in. The gardens, the woods, the campfires....all gone.

All of our family "friends", including my grandparents in this country all turned their backs on us when we needed them most.

If it hadn't been for recieving my dad's social security i am sure we would of had to live of charity or be below poverty level...even though my mother still worked...and damned hard too. Because no one else was there for us.

Racial slurs soon came upon my mother for being a immigrant, being called a Dego or Wap.

With the rest of the family and the community turning our backs to us, I saw the true nature of the common person. In highschool it eventually became the same. Everyone eventually turned their back to me and I became a ghost in the hall that you might see in the corner of your eye.

At home, (I will not mention which family member) I was beaten and reminded of how ****ing worthless I am every wrong step I took. I believed that person and sometimes still do.

I also watched my mother eventually become a shell of herformer self. Her usual cheerful tone was more somber and sullen every day. Until she was no longer herself but someone I didn't know.

My family eventually drifted apart with bitter tensions.

So in the end I almost lost everything.

I carry this in my heart everywhere I go and it affects me as though it just happened.
But I survived. And I still have my faith.
I pray,
"Oh God, I thank you for those years in happiness at the beginning of my life
and for instilling the wisdom of the world in me through my trials
and for giving me the strength to endure them
may I be closer to You because of it.

And I ask, will you grant me the favor of fufilling my dreams to achieve such a
state of happiness again?
What plan do you have for me?
Are the dreams of conversation with my dead father real or just dreams?
And in retrospect I ask, how did it come to be that I had great relations with you since childhood?
When I was walking alone in the woods in those days...was I walking with
you?

May you guide me to my fate...Amen

So that's it. Sorry to waste your time. :(

I change for no one. I live to go on being uncompromised.
I am not a dreamer for I live my dreams.

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

once again I am sorry for that posting.

I guess on the inside I am just a pathetic, sad old man...lol

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I was traumatized by middle school. I don't make friends easily anymore (and middle school was 4 years ago) and I'm prejudiced against anyone who seems to belong to the in-crowds. whenever my parents have to drive around on the East Side (Columbus, Ohio) I won't go with them. riding the band bus to the East High games was torture because we drove past my middle school.

whenever I see spiders (I'm arachnophobic) I freak...I hate them. last summer, one crawled up my pants. I have since vowed to never wear sandels with long baggy pants again.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

dang i dont hink i'm traumatized by anything i mean yeah i have had a lot of things happen to me but still i dont think it had traumatized me at all -_-

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

When I was around 4 years old, during the spring, it finally rained after a while. I loev rain and I am always so happy at the cold, damp breeze afterward. My dad called me over outside and told me he had a present for me. I came over and looked confused. Suddenly, he shoves a couple of huge worms right at me! I screamed like the little girl that I was and ran crying all the way home. Now, I can't stand the sight of worms. My whole body freezes over and i can't do anything, but scream.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

Quote by Arc213once again I am sorry for that posting.

you know, to tell you honestly. At first when i read your post, and yes i took the time to read the whole thing ^_^ At first, and at first mind you, i thought your experience wasnt a trauma. But, some things take a little longer to realise. And now. I understand. I realised that yes, your experience was a trauma. I give you an extended "Take Care". I'm glad that you are getting on with what you have, and that you have seen anew. Hope to see you around some time ne? ^_^

Quote by eXDream2K5I was traumatized by middle school. I don't make friends easily anymore (and middle school was 4 years ago) and I'm prejudiced against anyone who seems to belong to the in-crowds. whenever my parents have to drive around on the East Side (Columbus, Ohio) I won't go with them. riding the band bus to the East High games was torture because we drove past my middle school.
whenever I see spiders (I'm arachnophobic) I freak...I hate them. last summer, one crawled up my pants. I have since vowed to never wear sandels with long baggy pants again.

lol, that doesnt sound good >_>...
But I dont wear sandals...>_< cant stand them. I wear skirts all the time. I cant really stand jeans for too long..>_>

Quote by foxzerodang i dont hink i'm traumatized by anything i mean yeah i have had a lot of things happen to me but still i dont think it had traumatized me at all -_-

lol, the less your traumatized the better ^_^*

Quote by glassheartWhen I was around 4 years old, during the spring, it finally rained after a while. I loev rain and I am always so happy at the cold, damp breeze afterward. My dad called me over outside and told me he had a present for me. I came over and looked confused. Suddenly, he shoves a couple of huge worms right at me! I screamed like the little girl that I was and ran crying all the way home. Now, I can't stand the sight of worms. My whole body freezes over and i can't do anything, but scream.

Wow. Worms. Thats a new one on me. LOL reminds me of the many times I would find a worm and try to torture or kill it and my little brother would start crying because he wanted me to '"spare them!" XD cracks me up.

Signature

jendeathbot

jendeathbot

death is only the begining

Quote by Arc213once again I am sorry for that posting.

you don't have to be sorry...and you are not pathetic at all... after I read your story all I could think is what a strong person you must be and strength isn't something to be sorry about

#JapaneseLover#
~Serenity~
[Hispanime] ::Christian-Fellowship::FMA fans::YNM fans::Jpop Fans::SCII fans::QuizCrazy::[Adult-Swim-Watchers]::

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I'm traumatized by the opposite sex: guys. I have gotten professional treatment for this, and a whole lot better than before, used to get panic attacks. I won't go into details to as why, but basically it was harrassment and rape. It even took me a while to feel okay with my boyfriend, I was so tense and afraid at first, but now I'm okay. Needless to say you won't find me in skimpy clothes >_> clubbing, or.. drinking >.<

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

Yes.. It kinda "damaged" me.. -_- *sniff* But, I'm getting there. :) I'm okay, lol!

But, anyway, hmmm.. I'm t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d of Spiders - they make me cry. If there's one in my room, I'll panic until someone disposes of it. If it dissapears, and I can't find it, I can';t sleep. I actually sob knowing that it's in the room, somewhere. - I have to take my mattress into the loving room, or sleep on the couch, Lmfao! I can't help it, they just really scare me so bad. *whimper*

Bees, also. When one flies at me, I run away, screaming, and flapping my arms around like a nutjob, pmsl.. I was stung when I was young, so, that kinda explains it.

I'm also scared of anything too hot - example, Irons, Hair straighteners, etc. - 'Cause I acidentley pulled the Iron wire, and the Iron fell onto my hand, and burnt me - almost scarred me, but It's all better, now. - That also happened when I was very small.

So, so clumsy.. >_< I've also had an electric shock over 3 times.. *slaps head* I'm such a clutz, seriously. haha!

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

Quote by Kachie-chan
Bees, also. When one flies at me, I run away, screaming, and flapping
my arms around like a nutjob, pmsl.. I was stung when I was young, so,
that kinda explains it.

i dont like bees either but even then i wont scream and flapping my arms around or so

Signature

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

Quote by wings

Quote by Kachie-chan
Bees, also. When one flies at me, I run away, screaming, and flapping
my arms around like a nutjob, pmsl.. I was stung when I was young, so,
that kinda explains it.

i dont like bees either but even then i wont scream and flapping my arms around or so

I can't help it, lol! I get scared. :(

My mum and I even screamed when we were 'taken prisoner' by a bee, eep!

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

Yeah, ok, thanks guys for not seeing it the wrong way. I mean honestly, I may be feeling sorry for myself a little bit, but everyone has their sad story and life goes on.
I will be willing to help anyone who needs it just hollar.
...And I can't be sorry enough for you Devilet because I can never know what your experience is like. If I could I would hunt down every rapist in the world and send them to justice but all I can do now is offer you my prayers. :)

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

@Arc213 : i have read your story and i'm impressed to see how strong you are. I have some friends who have also lost a parent. A friend was just like you ; his father was his best friend. He fell first into silence ; he didn't wanted to talk to anybody ; and the he fell into hard drugs. He had lost all his hope.
you really are an example for all the persons here. It's weird but it seems faith is really something. I see my grandmother who's nearly 100 years old. She's got an accident and everybody thougth she wouldn't be able to walk again and now she's jumping as a young girl ^_^ she said me it was only thanks to faith.
It's good to see you can talk openly about such hard themes. May god bless you forever and continue to be that strong. You really are an example for everybody.

@devilet I also wish you lots of courage. I have no idea of what you can feel ; i have never met a person talking freely about that too. These guys should go to hell ; they will never suffer the same pain as they gave to others. They are all i hate in the society. Letting them rot in jail isn't sufficient ; because they spoil the soul of their victims in lots of case. It's good to see you are feeling good now. You are also an example for all of us. Showing them you're stronger than them will sure make them ashamed ... if they even can feel some emotions ... what horrible guys.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

erm... something that traumatized me... at first, i was tempted to say no... i'm not afraid of spiders, nor of fire, or water... and so on... basically i never had any incidents that could have traumatized me...

but then i remembered that now, i get a bad feeling everytime i hear a door slam, or loud sounds... I always think someone is mad at me... and i realized that the cause for my hating those sounds is that, when my mother is really pissed, that's what she does... she screams, and slams everything in her sight... she is really scary when she's in that state, and nothing can make her come back to reason... and of course... i'm one of the 2 or 3 people who ever saw her in that state, that is, she hides it very well... which makes her anger even more scary... the thing is that, she's usually pissed at me for no reasons at all when she does this... i know it's usually out of stress, which makes her outburst even more unpredictable...
she did it on X-mas Eve when i accidently let 4 glasses fall on the floor, they broke obviously... my grand-mother who was there and saw her outburst for the 1st time was dumbfounded, and tried reasoning with her... without much success...

so yeah, i guess that traumatized me a little... pathetic i know... -_-'

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Quote by papyworld
@devilet I also wish you lots of courage. I have no idea of what you
can feel ; i have never met a person talking freely about that too.
These guys should go to hell ; they will never suffer the same pain as
they gave to others. They are all i hate in the society. Letting them
rot in jail isn't sufficient ; because they spoil the soul of their
victims in lots of case. It's good to see you are feeling good now. You
are also an example for all of us. Showing them you're stronger than
them will sure make them ashamed ... if they even can feel some
emotions ... what horrible guys.

Oh yes, you're right on that one, jail is not enough... But, it took me long to tell a friend of mine about it, I've been keeping it inside for a loooong time, which isn't good, makes you feel terrible. Afterwards, I then went to get some treatment. Thanks for wishing me courage, too bad it's not something I can totally forget, heh.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by DeviletOh yes, you're right on that one, jail is not enough... But, it took me long to tell a friend of mine about it, I've been keeping it inside for a loooong time, which isn't good, makes you feel terrible. Afterwards, I then went to get some treatment. Thanks for wishing me courage, too bad it's not something I can totally forget, heh.

i can understand what you mean ... i have experienced something in my life i will always regret and even if i want sometimes to talk about it ; i just can't ... just the fact of mentioning it makes me remember and i feel even more sad. There was only the teacher who found me and my parents who were informed about what happened. They all have understood my reasons and they were very good with me. They acted like nothing happened. It was a relief for me ; i was so afraid about their reactions. I would like to have your courage and explain it to my friends ... but i can't. I totally agree with you : too bad it's not something i can forget. Even if i try hard. But reading your story and seeing professional treatment is also a relief for me. And i also understand that keeping it is bad. It eat you from the inside. In the case of my problem i wanted to be alone for some times and it gave me nothing good in return. Now i understand it's better to forget and to adopt a positive attitude. You're giving me the courage to see things positively. It's good to know you

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by DeviletI'm traumatized by the opposite sex: guys. I have gotten professional treatment for this, and a whole lot better than before, used to get panic attacks. I won't go into details to as why, but basically it was harrassment and rape. It even took me a while to feel okay with my boyfriend, I was so tense and afraid at first, but now I'm okay. Needless to say you won't find me in skimpy clothes >_> clubbing, or.. drinking >.<

You know? There is a manga, by the name of Mars. There is a character in it that went through the same things you did. But I know the fear of half of it. Once a guy tried grab me in an attempt to drag me off and such, but I elbowed him in the nose...kicked him and ran.....But on your part I hope that you are doing better ^_^*

Quote by Kachie-chanYes.. It kinda "damaged" me.. -_- *sniff* But, I'm getting there. :) I'm okay, lol!
But, anyway, hmmm.. I'm t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d of Spiders - they make me cry. If there's one in my room, I'll panic until someone disposes of it. If it dissapears, and I can't find it, I can';t sleep. I actually sob knowing that it's in the room, somewhere. - I have to take my mattress into the loving room, or sleep on the couch, Lmfao! I can't help it, they just really scare me so bad. *whimper*
Bees, also. When one flies at me, I run away, screaming, and flapping my arms around like a nutjob, pmsl.. I was stung when I was young, so, that kinda explains it.
I'm also scared of anything too hot - example, Irons, Hair straighteners, etc. - 'Cause I acidentley pulled the Iron wire, and the Iron fell onto my hand, and burnt me - almost scarred me, but It's all better, now. - That also happened when I was very small.
So, so clumsy.. >_< I've also had an electric shock over 3 times.. *slaps head* I'm such a clutz, seriously. haha!

I think I know why it is that I hate spiders..T_T when I was very young, I was looking for something underneath my bed, i had carpet at the time. And when i turned around to crawl back out, there was this huge spider in my way...I screamed and yelled for someone to come and kill it, while still being stuck underneath the bed for like 30 min...they were all watching tv...and all the while, the spider kept inching closer and closer..T_T*

I have a fear of bees too. lol. Wasps, bees, bumble bees..mostly wasps though. LOL during the summer last year, I was standing outside a building for my ride to come pick me up. Well at the same time, I was on my cell with my friend. Lol, I was walking around, and walked up to the wooden railing. saw a dead wasp on the ground, and proceeded to step on it. Well, once I stomped down, it moved and under the railing was a wasps nest that I didnt know about, like 4 or 6 wasps came up at my face. It scared the crap out of me..so I screamed, turned around and started running. I was in such a state of shock, I lost my footing and fell, tumbled over, and when I got up and looked around and the wasps were still persuing me..I got up and ran into the parking lot yelling "Run Karinne Runnnn!!!" ROFL I was telling myself to run. My friend was still on the cell phone all this while. All she heard was "aaaahhhh!!! *thump thump thump thump thump thump thump *pshsssshhhhhhpshhhhh* rustle rustle..stomp..thump "Run karinne! Runnnn!!! thump thump thump thump thump thump.." The psshshhshhs was the cell phone rubbing against my shirt as I fell..

Quote by Ayamaelerm... something that traumatized me... at first, i was tempted to say no... i'm not afraid of spiders, nor of fire, or water... and so on... basically i never had any incidents that could have traumatized me...
but then i remembered that now, i get a bad feeling everytime i hear a door slam, or loud sounds... I always think someone is mad at me... and i realized that the cause for my hating those sounds is that, when my mother is really pissed, that's what she does... she screams, and slams everything in her sight... she is really scary when she's in that state, and nothing can make her come back to reason... and of course... i'm one of the 2 or 3 people who ever saw her in that state, that is, she hides it very well... which makes her anger even more scary... the thing is that, she's usually pissed at me for no reasons at all when she does this... i know it's usually out of stress, which makes her outburst even more unpredictable...
she did it on X-mas Eve when i accidently let 4 glasses fall on the floor, they broke obviously... my grand-mother who was there and saw her outburst for the 1st time was dumbfounded, and tried reasoning with her... without much success...

I know how you feel..my parents have had outbursts like that as well..I dont understand why they do..Once i missed the bus and they flipped. No idea what the big deal was about the bus being missed..

Signature

I'm misanthropic by nature, so naturally large gatherings or sometimes riding a really packed bus may lead to spontaneous anger, or me suddenly vomiting, or I might become generally cranky etc etc. I just generally don't like people. At all.

If animals aren't supposed to be eaten - why are they made out of meat?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

OMG I really hate cockroaches... I stare at it... shaking... and then I start to cry in shock... I can't move... somehow it's just so gross I can't kill it... >.< Traumatised... being in a car accident... even if it's a small one, I get stoned >.<

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Kachie-chan

Kachie-chan

"Kay-chee-chan"

Quote by Ayamaelerm... something that traumatized me... at first, i was tempted to say no... i'm not afraid of spiders, nor of fire, or water... and so on... basically i never had any incidents that could have traumatized me...

*pats Ayamael on the back* 'Tis okay, my friend - Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.. The decided I hated the color, and took it back! Lmfao!

But, no, seriously, I do understand - there have been times when I don't know wether I'm coming or going, with my parents. Things were once pretty bad, I felt like I was having a breakdown.

So, no need to feel bad. :) Not 'pathetic' at all. <3 x

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by ZetsumeiI'm misanthropic by nature, so naturally large gatherings or sometimes
riding a really packed bus may lead to spontaneous anger, or me
suddenly vomiting, or I might become generally cranky etc etc. I just
generally don't like people. At all.

eek...doesnt sound good..hmm..wear a blind fold? XD j'k

Quote by kuroimisaOMG I really hate cockroaches... I stare at it... shaking... and then I
start to cry in shock... I can't move... somehow it's just so gross I
can't kill it... &gt;.&lt; Traumatised... being in a car accident...
even if it's a small one, I get stoned &gt;.&lt;

lol another cockroach hater. lol, I dont blame you. ehhhh x_x

Signature

I was traumatized!
yes it happen so long ago when i was about 4 i was sleeping on the floor and my little sister had awoke first and to her suprise there were ballons every where now i cant remeber why they were all there and what she was thinking but i awoke on the floor choking from the ballons she had pop in my face and she keep doing it until my mother ran in the room and found me choking still. Ever since then i was never able to stand ballons "not even when there being blown up!" But i think its a little funny. ^_^'

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by Chrono989I was traumatized!
yes it happen so long ago when i was about 4 i was sleeping on the floor and my little sister had awoke first and to her suprise there were ballons every where now i cant remeber why they were all there and what she was thinking but i awoke on the floor choking from the ballons she had pop in my face and she keep doing it until my mother ran in the room and found me choking still. Ever since then i was never able to stand ballons "not even when there being blown up!" But i think its a little funny. ^_^'

o_O That doesnt sound good..

Signature

Arc213

The Ghost of Chivalry

I am sorry Ayamael. No one should have to go through that. Parents have no right to take out their frustrations on their children in any way, shape or form. It's hard to take the blame for things that aren't your fault. I am sure that there is emotional pain associated with those loud noise too...
I give you my best wishes that you can work through it. I know it's not much help, but I wish I could give more.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.