Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should love be a factor in a good anime - Minitokyo

Should love be a factor in a good anime

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

I think love is a theam in every GOOD ANIME. Maybe not the best theam but even ninja scroll had love in it. (jubei and kogero)

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

It's funny, I actually talked about this w/ my friends today. I personally like a good love story in an anime, even though I'm a guy (I'm a sucker, I know). It seems kinda void when there's no love, or at least tension, involved. The story doesn't have to revolve around love, just as long as there's something going on. When there's something on the line, that's what makes fights and wars interesting.

Be Free and Masturbate

Well it depends. If it's just supposed to be for action or comedy, then maybe romance doesn't fit. It could be like a romance just put in there without the characters developing any chemistry, and just being plopped together. And that would perhaps ruin the show. But on the other hand, romance is good in some shows. I think it's because they factor it in for the fans who would just love to see some of the characters together. Either that or it was just made for romance. Or perhaps it'd just be really nice with romance. But romance isn't all that's out there, ya just gotta explore the different aspects in anime. I like romance in some shows, but in some others I prefer just to see it without romance ya know? It all just depends.

Wounds don't always show and scars don't always go away and heal...It doesn't mean they're not there.

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Thats what I thought too, anyone else?

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

twilighteva

Got Nyuu?

Yes a good love story can definitely add to make a great anime series for example Elfen Lied or Full Metal Panic. Without a love story in both of these shows neither would be any where near as good as they are. Elfen Lied would just be senseless killing and FMP would just be mecha fights. With the love story added it can give the characters in the shows something to fight for and die for in some cases.

The love story concept can make any anime series better.

For those looking for a really sad love story check out Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien it's by far the saddest show I have ever seen.

Proud Administrator of:

Doujinshi-Support-Club

Proud Member of:

Elfen-Lied-junkies
EVA-Children
MT-Singles-Club
MTUSA

Where does this feeling called love exist?

It resides deep inside of the ideal of hope within everyone's heart.

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I don't think that romance is necessary in a series, but I DO think that the characters need to have a definite bond. Whether it's love, or friendship, enemies or family, the characters have to feel something for each other or else it's rather boring. The bond may even be denying the fact that a bond exists XD. But bonds are what make a good anime.

A bond can be made as the viewers watch, or a bond can be from long before the show starts and revealed within it. Bonds are what make the stories Special

The new anime Loveless is about a boy whose brother was murdered. He lost the most important bond he'd ever had in his life. But then a friend of his brother's comes by and the moment he learns this, a bond clicks into place, but he goes on to deny the bond exists (most likely because he doesn't want to end up losing someone he cares about again)

The new anime Tsubasa Chronicle is about a pair of childhood friends with a bond of love that runs deep but is torn asunder when some strange magic makes one of them lose her memory. He continues to hold that bond, but she's lost it completely with her memory...

It's the bonds that really make the story.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

OceanAngel01

OceanAngel01

umi no tsubasa

I think whether it is comedy, action, or anything else it needs to have some love story in it. It is what helps develop characters and show that they are not simply plot devices. It gives them depth and allows the viewer/reader to really get into the story. I believe that any truly great anime has some kind of romance in it. In comedy it can be comedy relief at how they try to pretend they don't like each other. In action it could be why the hero/heroine does the things they do. It even works for villians who have had their hearts repeatedly smashed, so they have turned bitter. Love is an emotion that almost everyone has experienced or at least can relate to, call it a plot device if you must.

yeah most good animes have love between characters developing through the story, even if it doesn't really delve into such as dbz

it doesn't have too, but most good anime tends to have it. my guess is that it draws the soft side out of the viewers. thus everybody would think its a good anime, maybe.....

syivese

syivese

Oblivious Being!!

Quote by Terra-chanI don't think that romance is necessary in a series, but I DO think that the characters need to have a definite bond. Whether it's love, or friendship, enemies or family, the characters have to feel something for each other or else it's rather boring. The bond may even be denying the fact that a bond exists XD. But bonds are what make a good anime.

Agrees totally. Doesn't need to be romance or love between a couple - it's the matter of bonds... Like Naruto and OP. Friendship alone says loads. ^^

PoT-Fanatics Here --> (TeniPuri) Signature Image

I agree with Terra-chan. It's ok if the characters don't have romance but there must be a certain bond.

Romance isn't all that necessary in a good anime but it's a plus when pulled off nicely.

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

good sound , good drawing, and lots and lots of violence

Zerotul

Zerotul

N3kO R3P1OID

I also agree with Terra-chan, in the respect that anime/manga characters need an 'outlet' for their feelings... no matter how inhumane certain cartoon characters are....
But when the humane characters do get together, and their 'relationship' works.... then it's still a bonus to the progression of the story.... albeit a good one.

Signature
"I'm back... and this time.... with a vengeance..... nobody shall get in my way... for i have the most powerful weapon of all... the VIBRATING SHEEP OF DEATH!"

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

Quote by darkanimedemonWell it depends. If it's just supposed to be for action or comedy, then
maybe romance doesn't fit. It could be like a romance just put in there
without the characters developing any chemistry, and just being plopped
together. And that would perhaps ruin the show. But on the other hand,
romance is good in some shows. I think it's because they factor it in
for the fans who would just love to see some of the characters
together. Either that or it was just made for romance. Or perhaps it'd
just be really nice with romance. But romance isn't all that's out
there, ya just gotta explore the different aspects in anime. I like
romance in some shows, but in some others I prefer just to see it
without romance ya know? It all just depends.

yeah , few animes are very sucessfull without love scenes because the story and character don't fit with the love scenes(i remember some shonens),other animes/mangas have a story love scenes because the characters have a more detailed profile and consequently this allow the character have more interaction in the story

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

ninaaditia

Tenipuri Freak

Personally, I think that romance is not really necessary. For me, a good anime is the ones that have good values in it, bringing up questions and problems of the life of anime characters and conveying certain meaningful and profound messages and morals.
Such anime as naruto do stir up my mind sometimes and bring me to contemplation of the messages delivered through the anime. Throughout the anime, naruto constantly and essentially reminds us of never giving up and keep on trying. A lot of good values are introduced in Naruto if we contemplate it, values that relate to human's need-to-improved characteristic and such.
I don't oppose romance. But I prefer an anime not to be emphasizing too much on romatic scene coz it may lead the anime to mushiness and corniness which are the two things I deem ultimately boring. Tokyo Underground has romance in it and I like it very much because eventhough, it does show vividly or perhaps emphasize on the love relationship between Rumina and Ruri, it does not have such thing as 'proof of love' (that some people render as lovemaking or such, ewww!! I utterly hate that!).
And also I like an anime that have proper distribution of romance and action/adventure or comedy/parody without messing up its storyline or main theme.
Well, this is really a subjective question. Some people might not like romance anime because of their fear of their fav characters being taken? Hehehe... Could be.. or maybe most probably...

Signature
Tenipuri Kakkoi!

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

I thought so too.

~Hellsing~

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Quote by ZerotulI also agree with Terra-chan, in the respect that anime/manga
characters need an 'outlet' for their feelings... no matter how
inhumane certain cartoon characters are....
But when the humane characters do get together, and their
'relationship' works.... then it's still a bonus to the progression of
the story.... albeit a good one.

Yes! Yes! The Outlet! An anime fails when the actors can't convey the bonds between the characters... The Furuba dub suffers from that at the end where in the last three episodes some of the bonds don't click together, they seem like strands being blown towards each other but never touching.

When you feel the connection WITH the characters and between the characters, you enjoy the anime. If you can't get involved with it because of the acting or the setting just being too wild for you to be able to identify with, you don't enjoy it as much.

Signature

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Quote by Terra-chan

Quote by ZerotulI also agree with Terra-chan, in the respect that anime/manga
characters need an 'outlet' for their feelings... no matter how
inhumane certain cartoon characters are....
But when the humane characters do get together, and their
'relationship' works.... then it's still a bonus to the progression of
the story.... albeit a good one.

Yes! Yes! The Outlet! An anime fails when the actors can't convey the bonds between the characters... The Furuba dub suffers from that at the end where in the last three episodes some of the bonds don't click together, they seem like strands being blown towards each other but never touching.
When you feel the connection WITH the characters and between the characters, you enjoy the anime. If you can't get involved with it because of the acting or the setting just being too wild for you to be able to identify with, you don't enjoy it as much.

I agree with that

~Hellsing~

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Love is just one emotion that connect people. It's not the only one. So long as there is a connection between the characters, the series has the potential to become a good series.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

^ True but its used the most I think

~Hellsing~

Meteorain

Meteorain

Celestial Judgement

I think all Anime's/mangas should have an element of romance in them. It helps to create atmosphere at times and also can fuel the action. Tenjo Tenge uses it a little. I thought NGE should have used it. Bleach is going to have some.

Yet sometimes there may not be space for it, I can understand, but I am partial to romance/ecchi/comedy so mabye that's why I think romance should be a part of any good anime.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Well, it seems yes, since most of animes right now always has couples.

Pride comes before the fall

Besa

Abyss

I don't really like when it's too much love in a serie,like
they hug and kiss every time and blah blah.

One single kiss or just a plain hug would do.

Signature Image

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I'd like to take the time to quote Naruto in response to Sasuke's question of why Naruto fights so hard for him "Because you were one of the first bonds I ever had"

That is all.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.