Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Missing the nippon seikatsu - Minitokyo

Missing the nippon seikatsu

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Cheapo

56K Lagger

Even though nobody cares, i've just returned from Japan yesterday! Unfortunately i miss the food already, and the near perfect transport, and the "irashaimase's". Sigh I want to go back already, but i don't think i will be able to till after my HSC (higher school certificate, something you need in Australia to go to a good uni).

Anyone else in the same boat? (dying to return to Japan)

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Yay ! Welcome back XD XP XO ^______________^ lol... not dying to get back to Japan (never been ther before) but dying cuz of HSC @.@ >.<

nooooo.... damn HSC T.T

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

DaHero69

Dahero69

Hey cheapo!! Welcome back. Haha i can tell u had lots of fun at Japan. Well its glad to see your still up and running. Oh yeah thanks for the comment on my fav. :X

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

I had the time of my life!! Thanks minasan but tokyo is just so much better than sydney in any way possible. I mean, they are so advanced they don't need computers. o.0 They have mobile phones which they can surf the net, send and receieve emails, and their phone bills average only about 6000 yen. Thats mobile, net and entertainment all in one!! sugoi desune!

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

i know T_T makes me feel the same about wanting to go to Hong Kong again >.<

Here the stupid transport system... 5 hours later... DUH! they're late ! >.<

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

yo cheapo! Hows it hangin? I had seen this thread and ain't had a chance to reply till now. Of course people care! -lol-
I had forgotten where you went. @_@
You went to japan!!? Ugh, i hate you. -lol- I've always wanted to go there. I'm working hard and I will get my chance to get there. Yea I kind of figured the food would be awesome. Luky.

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

The food is great! I'm telling you the truth, i rarely eat seafood usually and never any seafood raw, but in Japan, i had seafood everyday and i absolutely love it. Damnit, the food back here in Australia is tasteless now. Be warned though, you'll need alot of money if you're going to Japan, because everything seems to cost little, but you buy so much that you'll use up all your money real fast.
Hey Kuroimisa, my friend once got his train delayed for 65 minutes. After waiting for an hour, they announced that the train was cancelled, so he had to wait a further 15 minutes for another train. How unlucky is that?

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

yeah... I heard stories like that... there was this really cool dude who came from like japan (well he taught english there, he's not Japanese... actually Anglo Saxton bg) anyway... he was sop used to everything coming on time and everything that when he got back he was like omg... lol.... -____-

Signature

I went to Japan with our friend Cheapo and I can vouch for everything he says. It just feels so strange to have delayed trains, no seafood for dinner, nobody speaking japanese (I believe my english has taken a significant hit due to this) and A complete LACK OF anime ON TV AND everywhere ELSE!....and not to mention everyone here is also taller than me >.<

Cheapo

56K Lagger

There wasn't THAT much anime on TV, 1 channel, from 6:30-7:30, everyday. I think thats about all the anime there is on the free to air channels before midnight. On the other hand, there is an excessive amount of talk shows and cruel game shows.

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

but their shows are so cool... I love the comedy they have on tv... it's great ^_^ lol... yeah... I suppose there's a difference and height and such (._.)

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

Yea, i enjoy the cruel game shows, and the Japanese comedy is just stand up comedy and a bit of slapstick i think. I don't recall knowing enough Japanese to understand the joke. They also have good drama, the actors and actresses are so passionate about everything it seems so fake, but yet it lures you in to watch it. It's also interesting to know that an actor can appear in 3 different shows in the same day, whereas pop idols appear on TV everyday, on a different channel, being interviewed and performing on a live stage.

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

hahaha.... I understand waht you mean... but their drama usually is pretty good since it's a rare a series lasts longer than 15 episodes... and their music industry is liek @.@ I guess it's because they reuse the famour peeps again and again to get more and more publicity... it's so funny... their commercials are great... XD

Signature

Cadi

Cadi

True

Hi! Lol, welcome back! Your so lucky you get to go to Japan! I wish I could go there >.>

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

welcome back :D
i wish i could go too........but i can't........that sux!

Cheapo

56K Lagger

There are three ways which i know of that can get you to Japan (short trip).
1. Pay for a 2 week holiday in Japan, staying in hotels and joining a tour (or walk around yourself)
2. Go to school and do a student exchange program.
3. Join a program called JET. it is an american program which allows people to go to Japan and teach english. i don't really know about this much, but maybe someone else does.

i think this is listed in order of decreasing cost, Japanese hotels are expensive because of the land value in Japan. The student exchange program you can live with a japanese family, which is cost effective and much better than a hotel because you get to experience the actual japanese culture. i think JET is a 2 year program, and there isn't much of a positive feedback coming from the person doing that program, so if you think you might hate the Japanese lifestyle, i wouldn't reccomend it.

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

most of the students from out school go on labo... it's like a month in Japan... you go there for like 1 week in a special camp thingy where you like do activities and meet people... and you can request where you wanna go in Japan... but I can't guarantee you'll get that palce... you also are almost automatically entered into the program if you offer to host a student... I remember the cost was somewhat something like $3100 aus... which is pretty ok considering it includes your return airfare and you're there for a month with hospitality (yo ustay with a home family thingy doodle) this is what I know... in Australia... dunno if LABO is extended to other countries... but it sounds fun anyways.

About the teaching part in Japan, I heard that it was quite fun.... but you must really try to make an effort to learn at least the basics of the language... like just ordering something in a cafe... it's so much better to say "ko-hi wo futatsu onegai shimasu" than pointing at the word coffee and holding up two fingers... and teaching there is quite hard... you know the Japanese lifestyle... you don't really get sick days off.. or bonus holidays... so yeah... you'll be constantly working... but it's good for anyone up for the challenge... the person I got this from had quite a positive attitude and recommended going there for a teaching job... but yeah... anyone;s choice ^_^

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

Quote by kuroimisa and teaching there is quite
hard... you know the Japanese lifestyle... you don't really get sick
days off.. or bonus holidays...

no, apparently not, but think about the fact that Japan is ranked 2nd in the world in 2003 for the most amount of holiday per year. Only to be second by German if i remember correctly. And by that i mean around 1/4 to 1/3 of the year you either have weekend or holiday, so they don't really need the sick days or bonus holidays.

And as for teaching, yes, it is quite hard. I know of this person doing the JET program and he is currently being molested by 12, 13 year old kids trying to kancho his hindside.

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

that's quite rigged... I heard that they rarely get any days off... and the only time they do is Golden Week and that's just like a few days in May... they do have many public holidays like festivals and stuff, but for working, I don't really think so... then again it depends on what you do... but from what I know, working is just hard over there.

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

I think it really depends on what type of job you are doing, like the rest of the world, some jobs have lots of holidays while some have none at all. Working is managable over in Japan i think, the company work hours are like 8-5 or something similar i think, it's just that after work the businessmen just either go do more work or go drinking, or both.

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

yeah... heard that some miss the last train anyways so they sleep at a net cafe or karaoke bar cuz it's cheaper than a hotel @.@ there are kids on trains at night as well :/

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

hey, when i went to Japan, i sometimes got to catch a train at around 7pm at night on a schoolday. School finishes at around 3:30-4 and there are after club activities which can go as long as 2 hours. it is around 6 when you actually leave school, so if you go anywhere else after that, you are looking at 8-10 by the time you catch the train home.

~anime is my food~

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

ehehe... -_- I think there are some kids who go home close to midnight cuz of cram school... I saw on TV these kids... just kept on having to repeat a test till they got everything right, or else they wouldn't let ya go home or go to sleep (t_t)

Signature

Cheapo

56K Lagger

yea, junior schools are like that. I've heard from my teacher that in junior school they go to 6 hours of school and 6 hours of cram school for the same subjects that day. That adds up to 12 hours of school..... and they would end at around 7-8pm at night (if i can do my maths correctly)

~anime is my food~

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.