Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What makes u motivated to study? - Minitokyo

What makes u motivated to study?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

I have a problem while studying, i can't concentrate very well. My friend told me maybe i'm lack of motivation, i think that would be true, since i become lazy these days...

So what makes u motivated to study?

Pride comes before the fall

dunric0325

dunric0325

Jumpman

I usually set a prize at the end of studying. I'll make myself put off doing something I want to do (i.e. watching more anime or playing a video game) until after I have studied.
Please note that this strategy only works half of the time. :-)

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Quote by dunric0325I usually set a prize at the end of studying. I'll make myself put off doing something I want to do (i.e. watching more anime or playing a video game) until after I have studied.
Please note that this strategy only works half of the time. :-)

Yeah, later on it won't become too important for me^.^;

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

perhaps u shouldn't be making threads on MT and actually use ur time to study ^^

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Quote by Kidderperhaps u shouldn't be making threads on MT and actually use ur time to study ^^

^.^' you're right, but that doesn't motivate me, hehehe.

Quote by dunric0325I usually set a prize at the end of studying.

Ohh~ god, this never works for me. XD <-very little (if any) self-control.

I'm the same as you. x_x Over the last three, maybe four years, I can count the times I've seriously concentrated on one hand (this includes my high school finals). -_- Haa~ though I seem to be handling okay without it, so.. >_> That makes this lack of motivation thing even worse.

I'd recommend setting yourself a goal and writing it down. I write on the walls, though maybe that's not recommended for everyone. ^_^' I have my short-term wall (strictly within the week) and long-term wall (i've got stuff here that'll take at least five years to pull off).

Nothing happens if I miss one (apart from maybe handing in an assignment late or something >_>) but I feel disappointed in myself, because I should've been able to do it. XP To avoid this feeling.. I guess that's what keeps me going. Plus, it's fun to scribble stuff out after a job well done~<3 XD

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Nothing in this world ever motivate me to study... am too lazy and slack to be true >.<
i never really study in my entire life, not even for O lvls ...and am gg to have A level soon, I dunno how I can get gd marks without studying for this one -_- hopefully I'll get some motivation by then :D sorry but cant help you here >.<

Signature

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Quote by bucket-shot

Quote by dunric0325I usually set a prize at the end of studying.

Ohh~ god, this never works for me. XD &lt;-very little (if any) self-control.
I'm the same as you. x_x Over the last three, maybe four years, I can count the times I've seriously concentrated on one hand (this includes my high school finals). -_- Haa~ though I seem to be handling okay without it, so.. &gt;_&gt; That makes this lack of motivation thing even worse.
I'd recommend setting yourself a goal and writing it down. I write on the walls, though maybe that's not recommended for everyone. ^_^' I have my short-term wall (strictly within the week) and long-term wall (i've got stuff here that'll take at least five years to pull off).
Nothing happens if I miss one (apart from maybe handing in an assignment late or something &gt;_&gt;) but I feel disappointed in myself, because I should've been able to do it. XP To avoid this feeling.. I guess that's what keeps me going. Plus, it's fun to scribble stuff out after a job well done~&lt;3 XD

Usually, i only concentrate in my final school exam (of course, i must pass!). And it turned out okay, but i want to advance more.

The problem is.........i don't know my goal^^;;; ^_^' ^_^'

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Try to visualise your dream first, as in, what you wanna do in the future, and set that as your long term goal, or if you still undecided about your future, think of what you might want to do... I am sure you have one or two preferences...

after that, try to pen down all the things that you will need to achieve this dream of yours, like, maybe you need to study in University in what faculty, or you might need to attend some special courses, and list (beside them) what you can do now to realise the dream and this should be your short term goal >.< such as maybe you can start saving to attend the courses or maybe you should study harder to get into the University , this is also a goal :D

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I have very little motivation for studying and I just have to sit myself down to do it and tell myself that I'll fail if I don't.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Just think about what you wanna do for the rest of your live and work towards it.

I am studying video game design, it's something I alway enjoyed to do as well as play, so I am very motivated when I study. Like I said, it's all about what you want to do, and also what you enjoy.

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Quote by tarerenTry to visualise your dream first, as in, what you wanna do in the future, and set that as your long term goal, or if you still undecided about your future, think of what you might want to do... I am sure you have one or two preferences...
after that, try to pen down all the things that you will need to achieve this dream of yours, like, maybe you need to study in University in what faculty, or you might need to attend some special courses, and list (beside them) what you can do now to realise the dream and this should be your short term goal &gt;.&lt; such as maybe you can start saving to attend the courses or maybe you should study harder to get into the University , this is also a goal :D

Maybe i'll do that.

Quote by Aa-chanI have very little motivation for studying and I just have to sit myself down to do it and tell myself that I'll fail if I don't.

well, trying is much better than not at all.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

what motivates me to study is the fact that if i don't do well i'll lose my scholarship...

as for advice... try to make studying fun... like if it's vocab or whatnot... try and relate things together... you have no idea how much fun i had studying japanese vocab using anime. XP (ex: soujiro was one of the last juppongatana left... he "cleaned" up the mess the other juppongatana had left... thus soujisuru=to clean.) i also reward myself... like "if i get an A, i'll buy this book/anime/manga for myself" hope that helps you with your studying!

Signature Image

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Quote by fireflywisheswhat motivates me to study is the fact that if i don't do well i'll lose my scholarship...
as for advice... try to make studying fun... like if it's vocab or whatnot... try and relate things together... you have no idea how much fun i had studying japanese vocab using anime. XP (ex: soujiro was one of the last juppongatana left... he "cleaned" up the mess the other juppongatana had left... thus soujisuru=to clean.) i also reward myself... like "if i get an A, i'll buy this book/anime/manga for myself" hope that helps you with your studying!

That's a good idea^.^ !!!

what motivates me is that last year i was forced to redo the grade and i dont wanna fail again, so i study ..... ALOT ..........

Usualy i just listen to music while I study. Its not motivation but it works(for me atleast).

fabismine

fabismine

Aladdin+Anime

the best motivation is always a difficult test coming on... and the possibility of redoing the grade ^ ^

Signature

I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be...

hmm..... i cant get motivated to study so i just cram.....

Signature
what can u save with feelings alone......

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

When i want to study, I'm thinking about my parents what will happen if i get low marks...
So, this is my main motivation for study that i have not to let them down.... :) :D :) :D

http://hrof.net/im/index.pl/2956232410511211-15638.jpg

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

To tell you the truth I have no motivation to study.... but that's because I don't study in the first place.... XP

But when I really have to study what motivates me to study is probably that "f" that I got on the last test.

i dont study. >.<

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

When I get bad grades. That's what makes me study.

Signature Image

Cadi

Cadi

True

I don't want to sound competetive, but there is the truth. I hate losing, being last or getting a bad grade on anything. So I guess that keeps me movitated. My friends and family helps a lot too. A piece of adivce though is too think about the rewards you get after you did your best. You know that you proved to others and yourself that you can do it!

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

Quote by w00tUsualy i just listen to music while I study. Its not motivation but it works(for me atleast).

Yup, music works for me!...uh...most of the time, anyway. Sounds corny, but I try to think of what I owe to my family and good pals to make it up to this point in life. Even if I have to study for stuff I know I'll "never EVER EVER EVER ever" (Strong Bad, heh heh) use anytime in the future. I try to see 'em as obstacles. Vexing obstacles that I'll kill through getting a passing grade (more like a "positive" view to get a passing grade)!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.