Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FAVS? - Minitokyo

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I never saw the favourites as something of a popularity contest, but more of a tool. Something to keep track of the pieces of work that I like the most.

That's more of a personal point of view as I've not submitted much, and have never even attempted to make a wallie let along submitted one to have it favved.

But the extremely popular stuff is usually ecchi... tch!

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i only +faved something if i really like it, irregardless of whether i know the person or not. i also never +fave a scan that was taken from another site, even if it was properly credited.

sad that, you need to have a long list of friends so you can get more +faves, that thing really sucks..i've never been that popular in school, how much more will i be here? sometimes that deters me from making walls and posting it here, it won't get that much attention anyway. even though i badly need criticsm so i can improve..

well i cant say much cuz i love all kind of wall so for me they r all the same theres no point 2 judge well u rigt of does kind of walls some of them r 2 ........well u get the idea but like i say i like all of them and i know if u see my fav are cute girls but i like all the wallies, cuz if u think of bout it almost all the ppl put there effort in 2 there job so that something realy kool,
like ur wallie u give ur best 2 make them dont u?
well u get the idea so there rall kool 4 me :)

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I try to +fav walls that I like. I know you need a huge friendslist to get up on the featured list. :} When I first got to MT I thought the system would be based only on fav's which people gave if they saw your work around MT, on fav lists or what not but it almost entirely depends on how many friends that person has. It might change eventually, I still see good, well done wallpapers on the featured list so I wont say that good walls dont have any chance at all.

I think it depends on how big their friendslist is... -.-'
I just save something as a fave if I truely enjoy the artwork and would like to save it for future viewing.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Repeating from the get-go.

People get many favs, because basically their friends blindly fav. their work even if they don't have the desire to look over and criticize them out, for once.

Heck, think about it this way.

Views: 17
Downloads: 2
Favs.: 5

It's really interesting how there are more favs. than downloads, and there are so many other examples of submissions that can prove this lop-sided figure, and perhaps even more.

It's a shame, because to me, it does depend on how many friends they have. The more, the merrier as they used to say.

MT is unforunately run under a more popular scale, where the skilled artists try hard and never get the attention they truly deserve.

Nonetheless, I like this comment here, that deserves a second recap:

Quote by yurikohimeThat's more of a personal point of view as I've not
submitted much, and have never even attempted to make a wallie let
along submitted one to have it favved.
But the extremely popular stuff is usually ecchi... tch!

Can't complain. A site to stimulate the mind? It's a shame that levels truly do not reflect all the time how great a waller can become. I mean, anyone with 300+ friends or more with a crummy submission on the line [no offense], sub-par walls and the works have more favs. than even hard-working wallpaper artists of that effect.

Of course, the extremely high leveled wallers are skilled, and it does reflect a proportion of it, but afterwards, when members who make poor-quality wallpaper and getting so many favs. from their friends, noticing them getting deleted all of a sudden, will most likely complain in a thread why it got deleted.

Well - it got so many favs! I mean, it's well liked by lots of people. Err... news flash, and no offense to the people who could be directed under here in particular, but if your walls are fav'd. because of your friends, rather than your skills, there has got to be something wrong with your mentality, nonetheless.

And yes, I would hate to admit it, but I'm the worst critiquer of my kind. I go all out when I need to, and I don't comment on things I don't like if I look over them. And favs. - Very picky individual here. 17 Favs. in 20-some odd weeks, spanning over maybe a thousand wallpapers. Come to think of it, that says a whole lot, doesn't it? **Stamps the posters** Done like dinner.

Well, can't complain. Give what the publicity deserves, but never reflect what the less popular, yet talented wallpaper artists ever see. That's a sad way of how the system works, nonetheless.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by CelessaWell, can't complain. Give what the publicity deserves, but never reflect what the less popular, yet talented wallpaper artists ever see. That's a sad way of how the system works, nonetheless.

A sad truth that is but a reality. We all have to live with it. But that doesn't mean that talented artists like Tantaga or even those I see who got themselves a lot of favs like Crapmonster should stop making beautiful walls. This go out to other artists in MT as well.

........... except Rippers! XP

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

hehe.. Posting here again. lolz.

linking this -------> http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/21893/

visit it people if havn't yet. LOL.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

lol, now that you linked... yay! XD

....now I'mstill wondering of ways to improve the system.. xd

i still think that maybe rating from 6-10 before giving a fav might work... or maybe add that higher level benifit thing.. XD

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by kenzukelol, now that you linked... yay! XD

....now I'mstill wondering of ways to improve the system.. xd

i still think that maybe rating from 6-10 before giving a fav might work... or maybe add that higher level benifit thing.. XD

I'm thinking...... KoroganS idea. Very ingenious.

Signature Image

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Another example scenario from my proposed MT system (refer to this post : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/21893/?&page=1 for further details and explanations on my idea of the new system) :

- ShiNN (lv 60) submits a beautiful scenic, vector wallpaper. It receives 6 favs from some lv 5 members with minimal comments ("It's very good .. I like it +fav") and 2 favs from lv 60 members with long, detailed commentings. That makes a total of 8 favs for the said submission.
- Me (lv 125) submits an ecchi wallpaper, it's crap, but has nice pantsu-shot angle. It receives 15 favs from lv 8 members with comments like: "Omg Sexy cute... +fav kthx for sharing bye").

Now, let's evaluate the condition according to:

The current MT system
===============
- ShiNN's submission will bite the dust because it only has 8 favs. Mine will rocket because of the pantsu shot, and a towering 15 favs.

AO imitated Rating system
=================
- ShiNN's submission receives an above average (say, 8.50 to 9.00) score, but mine gets 10.00 rating thanks to some unknown MT perverts that give out perfect scoring for the pantsu shot.

My proposed system
=============
- ShiNN's submission is valued higher than mine, although mine has 15 favs, and his only got 8. Favs don't rule... it's the comments that matters, and two of the favs and long, detailed comments of the lv 60 members weights significantly more than those of the lv 5's. Therefore, ShiNN's submission is 'bumped' to a higher position, overall scoring points-wise.

notice that this system also makes it harder for senior members to make it to the highlighted submissions because of the nature of the seniority judging system (levels). There's more possibility for n00bs to gain recognition, because their submissions would be more likely to be commented or faved by higher level members than they are currently. Other than some ecchi stuff, that is..

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

woah!! keep pressing in ppl. I'd love to hear more suggestions and the like. :D

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by CelessaWell, can't complain. Give what the publicity deserves,
but never reflect what the less popular, yet talented wallpaper artists
ever see. That's a sad way of how the system works,
nonetheless.

A sad truth that is but a reality. We all have to live with it. But
that doesn't mean that talented artists like Tantaga or even those I
see who got themselves a lot of favs like Crapmonster should stop
making beautiful walls. This go out to other artists in MT as well.
........... except Rippers! XP

lol - Touche.

At least they do deserve it, and I wouldn't actually refuse to say a few do deserve more, nonetheless. **Giggles**

It all comes through time.
We just need more talented artists out there to spring the quality wallpaper galleries back to life.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

hykyit

hykyit

- Softie -

Well, i really have to agree to the fact that people get more favs because they have more friends...And its kind of like a trend now in MT...But i really dont think people who fav them can be blamed.. You see, not all of us have the artistic ability that you all have and that's why, we cant seem to see things in another angle...I've realized more and more bout the toughness of making one wallpaper because i've tried making one myself (heck, it sucks T_T) and my perspective changed slowly.. Well, my perspective is still narrow btw~ That's why i cant give constructive comments because most of the time, i find that its already very nice...I tried to, but i cant seem to find anything wrong with the wallpaper...That's part of my reason though~ Dunno bout others~

I just cant stop talking~ XD

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I've seen some pretty horrible walls getting more than 50 faves in an hour and trust me I wasn't the only one that think it's horrible.....

Al little off-topic but still falls in the faves category....

I've seen some people give faves to every piece of artwork that comes to mt.... the moment a wall or scan is uploaded they quickly give it a fave..... no comment, no nothing.... I checked out their userpages and checked their stats....

no guestbooks psot made
no forum posts made
no nothing!!!

favorites made: 534 or greater
guestbook post received: 534 or greater

I dunno what's the significance of those actions but it's pretty interesting behaviour.....

Signature

lensterknight

lensterknight

Ah, the leeching.

Quote by jakulitoI've seen some pretty horrible walls getting more than 50 faves in an
hour and trust me I wasn't the only one that think it's horrible.....
Al little off-topic but still falls in the faves category....
I've seen some people give faves to every piece of artwork that comes
to mt.... the moment a wall or scan is uploaded they quickly give it a
fave..... no comment, no nothing.... I checked out their userpages and
checked their stats....
no guestbooks psot made
no forum posts made
no nothing!!!
favorites made: 534 or greater
guestbook post received: 534 or greater
I dunno what's the significance of those actions but it's pretty
interesting behaviour.....

Maybe that could be avoided with the system enforcement of commenting before faving (Sure, I've faved without commenting half a dozen times, but... well. It isn't like I fav a lot of walls, anyway).

That'll make it difficult for one to mass-fav.

For spam comments ("Cute!!!"), banhammer and muting could do the cut.

Maybe that would be way too tyrannical, but... well. XD

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by lensterknightMaybe that could be avoided with the system enforcement of commenting before faving (Sure, I've faved without commenting half a dozen times, but... well. It isn't like I fav a lot of walls, anyway).

That'll make it difficult for one to mass-fav.

For spam comments ("Cute!!!"), banhammer and muting could do the cut.

Maybe that would be way too tyrannical, but... well.

Nah... I think that's just right.

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Hmm.... looking through all my favs back about 32 weeks ago... I must say. I'm guilty of commiting all of those several crimes. o_o I didn't even look at the full version sometimes, and I even just faved it cuz that d00d was on my list. - -;; I guess I can't use the slow MT speed for an excuse... :P

Ah well. What's done is done, I guess. *goes to hang himself*

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

hmmm..... i get whats being said here and i quite agree to.....

i jus kno i fave what i like.... and the quality is good/reasonable..... cant realli stand low quality stuff......

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

oh what "friends" can do... XD

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I admit I'm victim to being lazy and only looking at friend submissions most of the time, but that doesn't mean I auto-fave them... I look at them consider them and will leave a comment on what I like some of the time and a +fav on occasion sometimes no comment when I don't know what to say... but my favs are honestly things that I like. I reserve my faves a lot of the time... and sometimes give faves because I like it, but it doesn't have many favorites and seems to be ignored.

Really overall I'm a very conservative person and I HATE that my wallpapers with the most faves are the girly wallpapers that I did as a request for someone- that I made just because someone on 4-chan had an image they wanted made into a wall and I took up the offer. They didn't get much work in them and so many of my other wallpapers have more work and feeling and get ignored... I also don't make that many submissions... my first submissions were immature and unthought out enthusiasm but all my recent wallpapers are ones I've put a lot of work into and only ONE is in my top six favorited walls when more than that should be there...

I also only do return comments for the wallpapers I'm really proud of.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I think people fav for different reasons but i fav because i like the wall i see even if it is not that good maybe the person tried their best. A little encouragement is also good maybe that person will improve and do better.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

I so totally agree with you, crewifix! Good artist here don't get the recognition they deserve! I think that many artists here are overshadowed by the other wallers with huge friendslist. But I'm not saying all the people with massive friendlists make relly bad walls, there ar e few with out there with lots of friends and make fantastic wallpapers!

i try to also comments on the wallpapers I see and when I see a really wonderful one I fav it. Usually I comments and I rarely fav it unless it's really good and I give them feedback on what is good.

Signature Image

Quote by exentricI totally agree with shinn. those are the reasons why such a high quality is put way back in the store. while lower quality but has stuff that ppl like, echhi, cute girls, etc etc got placed in highligted submission. FL is also the same thing. some ppl just think when they put that artist in their FL, they became mandatory to fav their wall. thats just plain wrong.
another one I find frustrating is popularity. I know a few people is really popular among the community but they are quite new to the walling scene. their wall turn out kinda bad but since they're popular, they get more fav. its rather unfair to get fav jsut bcoz yer famous.
one more is like shinn said, thumbnail. I had a few of my wallpaper which is quite amazing (in my perspective dat is >_>) but the thumbnail sux like crap. because of that ppl dont even take a peek how da wallpaper look like.
in any case, we wallers make wallpaper not to get fav in any community. we just make so ppl will like and use. we can get those even without a hundred favs. ^_^

I agree to with shinn. I'm really sure that it can be so. Well, I'm not doing so, I think, and I'm glad for that. It's sad to hear that, exentric, with the tumbnail.

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.