Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Resolution Monitoring [NOT a thread to post your res] - Minitokyo

Resolution Monitoring [NOT a thread to post your res]

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I remember reading about plans to ask the user their favourite anime series and then tally it up throughout the site to find out which is the most popular. I had a similar thought but aimed at the resolution the user uses. Whether this be 1280x1024 or dual 1600x1200 monitors, I think it would be kinda cool as then this could be tallied and wallers could look at the most popular resolution and create their walls accordingly.

The majority might not care, but it might be a nice touch to submit your wall, but have links to other popular resolutions aswell.

Just a thought and I don't think it's been mentioned before. I'm sure shinsemgumi will correct me if I'm mistaken ;) .

NOTE: This is NOT a request for your resolution, there are other threads for that purpose ;)

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

i have 2 pcs, the first one usin 1280 x 1024 the 2nd usin 1024 x 786.
so i go for 1280 x 1024 ^^

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by yamazakii have 2 pcs, the first one usin 1280 x 1024 the 2nd usin 1024 x 786.
so i go for 1280 x 1024 ^^

I'm not asking for what resolution you use, it is simply a suggestion to the powers that be.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by Aa-chanThe majority might not care, but it might be a nice touch to submit
your wall, but have links to other popular resolutions aswell.

that sounds good. what would be better, was if a single wallpaper gallery item could have several images for different resolutions.

anyway, i use these resolutions:
laptop - 1024x768 (sometimes dualed with another 1024x768, 1280x1024 or a PAL TV)
desktop - 1280x1024
my two old servers - 800x600

I am currently using a laptop with the resolution 1400x1050 so I always look for 1600x1200 ones and my new computer will have 1600x1200.
It would be the best if people always submit big versions because you can resize them to smaller ones. But you cannot make small wallies bigger because of the pixel effect.

zone12

*confused*

1280x1024

visit the MT-UK and Userpage Skin Designs groups while your here
click here for my background without the clutter (please don't copy i spent time making this)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by zone121280x1024

Quote by Aa-chan
NOTE: This is NOT a request for your resolution, there are other threads for that purpose ;)

Piotrek

Piotrek

Sound The Drones

I agree with harakiri. From the experience I`ve had it`s always better to get a wall in a bigger resolution. Then I can always shrink it to fit my desktop without losing quality ^_^ So all you wall-makers out there, please make big resolution wallies, `kay? ;)

Signature

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

i forgot to meantion this before, but i problem i run into is that is display ratio is different between 1024x768 and 1280x1024, so i end up having to manually resize and crop some wallpapers when i use a 1280x1024 wallpaper on my 1024x768 and vice versa, which is annoying, and is reason why it would be good if my suggestion could be considered

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I prefer to keep 1600x1200 as my base resolution for wallpapers because then pretty much anyone can use it unless they have a huge, über-elite monitor that supports 2400 or some such resolution, in which case they are just stuck.

I am invincible!

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

1024x768 is a good resolution for minna to use -- but you do have a good idea going aa-chan!! ^_^

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

How about packaging different sized walls and letting people download zip files.

Signature

TW12T3D

TW12T3D

Anxiously Waiting . . .

its a good idea,

Quote by jakulitoHow about packaging different sized walls and letting people download zip files.

but so is that.

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Quote: How about packaging different sized walls and letting people download zip files.

Yes, lets clog MT with 3/4 times more memory then it already has. Bad idea.

As for this thread, it's a good idea. But whatever the result, I'm always going to make walls at 1600x1200. Resizing shouldn't be a problem fro anyone.

Signature

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

i think Aa-chan has a good idea here. its worth a try at least!

Signature

Yeah, it's easier when you have a huge resolution like 1600x1200 and then people can resize it down to fit their desktops. I like to make 1280x1024 because it's easier to work with in my opinion. I agree with Breadcrust though that 1280x1024 are really hard to size down. Hmmm...maybe I should start making 1600x1200 XD

Signature Image

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

As long as it works =]

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

ehh, my laptop has wide screen so I have the weirdest resulution of them all: 1280x800 so basically any wallpaper I find I have to cut of parts off ... which is incredibly annoyihng though I guess I am used to it at this point.
I guess when it comes to wallpaper resolution I think 1280x960 and 1600x1200 are the resolutions I prefer.

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

I know you guys need large walls.... that's why I try to find large scans for 1200 x 1600 walls usually.... even if I myself only use 1024 x 768.. >_< .... I care for you guys! XD

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

I agree! There are a lot of different resolutions out there, many of which are not represented or has very few wallpapers made for it.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

yeah mr elite member's suggestion is really a very nice idea. a wallie must have different resolutions in order to fit the right size of our very own desktops. so i can also shrink and expand wallies depending on what suits best without comprimising the quality of the wall.

i totally support this one.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I hear a lot of you talking about different resolutions of the same wall, but as mentioned, this would clog up MT something nasty. A lot of wallers have their own sites to host the walls and linking to them is a good idea.

It's completly up to the waller if they want to provide pre-cropped versions.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

the outcome of that survey would be somewhat like this (copies from stat log)

1024x768 56.74%
1280x1024 17.47%
800x600 16.88%
1152x864 5.32%
Other 1.75%
1600x1200 1.59%
640x480 0.22%

so I don't see the need to add that :)

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

That's a little surprising I have to say in terms of the stats, but thanks for sharing them.

Is it only admin who have access to the stats?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.