Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When Forums Go Bad: Consider this whisper, please? - Minitokyo

When Forums Go Bad: Consider this whisper, please?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Like a desperate child looking for help, looking for support, I run towards my mother...

my home..

MiniTokyo so far is the best wallpaper community site I have ever joined and no doubts about that. I never thought that I would come to this point.

I have recently joined AnimePaper.NET, another walling community site and I cannot believe what just happened. I felt like a weak child who fought againts powerful forces. I cannot help it but complain.

My previous account was Crewcifix.animepaper.NET

You see, these people have deleted one of my wallpapers. This one to be exact.

http://download.minitokyo.net/view/105210.jpg

I apparantly have no idea as to why they deleted my wall. Sadly though I thought I should have accepted the admins verdict, right? I mean, come on, your wall is deleted so it shall be? right?
WRONG!

Apparently, I checked my private messages and deemed on what possible reasons as to why my wallpaper could have probably been deleted. Much like in the MiniTokyo Policy, the following walls will be deleted if....

a) Ripped ------ ermm.. do I even look like a ripper. lolz. I make my own walls dammit!
b) Use of graphics from other walls and the like ------------- again, I make my own stuff. If there was stock photo, it would HAVE been mentioned.
c) Simplistc ------- guess NOT!

And the list goes on as I cannot seem to come up with a specific answer.
So I decided to take action and contact the admin through the shoutbox. Good thing that one of the admins there were KIND enough to listen. But everyone else were like... Problems are NOT supposed to mentioned in the SB. I'm like WHAT THE F....? Then what is the shoutbox for if you cannot even use it for immediate emergencies like this. I mean sure, start a thread and get everyone's attention around you... right. Like as if people would even bother to open the thread and see the problem or whatever. Though perhaps it would have been a wiser descicion if I decided to contact an admin immediately but WHICH ONE????

Anyway, I decided to contact someone entertaining anyway and this is what she said. (take note that I edited several portions of it for privacy reasons..)

AND YOU KNOW WHAT FUNNIER.. HEHE.. MY PRIVATE MESSAGES WERE DELETED! I MEAN. OMG.. I DIDN'T DELETE THEM MYSELF.. LIKE WOW.. pms delete themselves nowadays... right...

message 01:

well, i can tell you id dindn't delete it, and honestly, i have no idea why it was deleted.
i see the signature, and the wall IS up to standards.
i can say that it may not have been approved when the comments had been added. the walls will be listed in the catagory when they are submitted, approved or not. they just won't show up in th enew submissions.
i really wish i could help you, but unfortunatly, the staff here doesn;t sya much to each other when we go through walls and stuff. the only ones that go back and forth are me and ****, and that wall wasn't deleted by either of us. i would suggest reuploading the wall. i'll approve it, and if it's deleted again, i'll find out why.
all the staff here are supposed to send out a PM why a wall was deleted. i know i always do. so whoever did it, will actually be in a lot of trouble.
sorry that this happened, and i wish i could be of more help, but since the staff here almost never talks to each other (for reasons i really don't know) it's almost impossible to say why.
if it DOES get deleted again, i will post about it in the staff section and see what happens. what MAY have happened is the image may have been broken or something. but even still, you should have gotten a message : /
sorry again.

(see.. I should HAVE gotten atleast a PM as to why the wall by deleted. Furthermore, they do NOT have enough valid reason as to why the wall was deleted!! ??wtf)

message 02:

yeah. i feel readlly bad about all this.
keeping this between you and me though, **NAME OF ADMIN** and i haven't been on good terms lately, and well, me and *** spoke all of...once? i could make a thread about it in the admin section, but unfortunatly, not all the staff gives a crap (which is why i think we should weed them out)
i will mention this to the mods and staff that care.
i highly doubt it was ***** that did it. he's been so busy with other stuff he doesn't even touch the walls or scans, but it could have been ***, although her not sending a PM with it is unlikely.
i'm just curious to find out who it was : /
the reason i'm so puzzeled is the fact that your wall met the galleries standards. not all walls here do, but if they don't they are told to improve them in session zero and try again. the reason for THAT is basically because MT gets a flood of lack of effort walls, and since members here get rewarded with paper for their walls that cna be used to download scans and such, if we just accepted every wall, all hell would break lose.
i don't see why something would be deleted for it's description though. so just upload it again, and in your description mention that there was a problem and i told you to reupload it. that way if anyone has a problem with it, it'll come back to me.
i'm really sorry this happened to your wall. There is absolutly no reason for it, and i WILL be making a point of it in the admin section.
as for being friends, sure :3
and i hope this gets cleared up soon.
also, yeah, i have an MT name... it's ****.
because of this ridiculous mess, **EDIT OUT AS REQUESTED**
and i'm gla dyou told me about this, so i can keep a better eye on the whole approving wall thing :)

(apparently, the do not know why my wall was deleted)

Personally, it wouldn't have gotten this far. Personally it wouldn't have. I just thought though for one second that I might have been mistaken.. or something.. or something. Just tonight however, I surfed my cached and found out that I indeed did not receive the message. I remember getting 6 messages that day. 5 comments and 1 fav = 6 notifs. No 7th.. and then when I decided to reply upon the admin about this through PM, I found out the previous 2 PMS she gave me, those you have just read, were also deleted!! HOW IN THE WORLD COULD PM BE DELETED OFF BY THEMSELVES.

LINK TO THE WALL = http://www.animepaper.net/wallpapers/latest/entry2547/ (evidence)

Strange phenomena isn't it. I definitely learned my lesson. Maybe I was a bit too trusting. But I do not have any idea why this person whoever it is deleted my wallpaper. I also have no idea if he or she has anything againts me as I haven't remembered injuring anyone gravely online.. the heck...

Forgive and forget. true true. But the main purpose of this thread, aside from the fact that I want my whisper to be heard is greater than that purpose. To warn other wallers that such thing exist. I cannot myself explain it but I honestly cannot be just quiet about this either and accept it. I have nothing againts the community as they have some of the best wallers I have seen too. However, I am disgusted by that event/situation and I seriouslly want a formal apology as if they don't, then it only proves that they do not give a damn as to what happened to me or to any other people. JUST IMAGINE IF IT WAS YOU IN MY PLACE. Would you have liked the way they treated you? NO. A big NO.

According to the Bible:

NO EVIL FORMED AGAINTS ME SHALL PROSPER.

Remember that if you fight me, you are also fighting my GOD. Especially if I have not done anything againts you, you are in big trouble...

(I am stressed over this situation as I do not want to experience it no longer..

thank you very much to my MT friends, no, to all my real friends out there who cares for me...

) - crewcifix

It is not my intention by all means that the two forums go againts each other. This is just a mere experience like everyone else, who want to inform, reach out in freedom and warn other fellow wallers of what might be lingering..

(in a dramatic epilogue, i just want to end this by saying that i am very grateful for the existence of MiniTokyo. Kudos! to the creator, members and everyone else who is part of the community.. ahem.. the family.) :)

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

you know what, this whole thread you made is seriously lame. Just because an accident occurred over there (and you're the only person that I know who went through this) it doesn't mean that you have the right to talk behind their backs HERE at Minitokyo. It's like acting like a coward. If you have guts there between your legs then go solve this with the admins at Animepaper, they are reasonable and honest people, you are blaming all of this for a matter that can be solved with proper talk and explanations. Crewcifix no offence but what you just posted here makes you trul pathethic in my eyes :|

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by ShiNN84you know what, this whole thread you made is seriously lame. Just
because an accident occurred over there (and you're the only person
that I know who went through this) it doesn't mean that you have the
right to talk behind their backs HERE at Minitokyo. It's like acting
like a coward. If you have guts there between your legs then go solve
this with the admins at Animepaper, they are reasonable and honest
people, you are blaming all of this for a matter that can be solved
with proper talk and explanations. Crewcifix no offence but what you
just posted here makes you trul pathethic in my eyes :|

i'm so sorry if it seemed that way but i cannot simply ignore the fact that they just did delete the wall with no apparent reason. furthermore, and as the admin said, there was no reason as to why it was deleted.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Some forums are comprised of numerous disrespectful and insulting members, but Minitokyo, I have to say, is one of the biggest exceptions. With regards to shinsengumi's letter to Minitokyo, I can say that Minitokyo is a mindful and respectful community which was forged from wonderful mods and members alike. If there were more modest people on other sites who care about the conduct and the presentability of the members, like the ones at Minitokyo, maybe those other sites would become even better than they currently are. In fact, at times, I know that the mods could be worse than some of the members since some mods do not know how to mediate situations well.

crewcifix, I can tell you right now that people on the other site do not really care much for their development because they would've given you a specific reason as to why your wallpaper was removed. That's why Minitokyo has gallery directors...they do not remove wallpapers because they should be removed, though they may come across something that doesn't belong once in a while, but they remove wallpapers or scans with a motivation which is received through the reports that are made. If we didn't have gallery directors, Minitokyo wouldn't be as organized as it is. That's what makes Minitokyo so great...everyone tends to help each other out. There are times in which people have different opinions about certain things, but it doesn't mean that they should flame others because they feel differently; that would be wrong. But I know that you could work things out with the people at the other site; it takes time.

Minitokyo is a wonderful community, and I wish that other forums and communities can look upon Minitokyo as a community that can be admired for modesty. Remember the times in which so many rip sites were found? Minitokyo handled that situation really, really well. With the help of many dedicated members, our ripped wallpapers were removed from the other sites. Even if we did spot ripped wallpapers on other sites, we didn't make such a big deal out of it because of our mindfulness and our modesty for other people; we showed the admins on the other site respect. That's what makes Minitokyo so unique. This is a wonderful community that I was proud to join, and I will continue to be proud of this community, for it could have been a whole lot worse.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

T2Kazuya

T2Kazuya

GTMYH!!

thats sad ;-; , awesome wallie though ^^;

Signature
"..::D r e a m::.. ..::D i s c o v e r Y o u r I n n e r S e l f::.. ..::L i f t Y o u r S o u l::.. ..::A n d F l y....::.." ~T2K

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

thanks mel for the insightful advice. i thank you very much for it. :)

i still however wonder if it was an accident or not.. now that i've thought of it.. still though i dunno. and the pms disappearing is also a mystery.. a bit..

Signature Image

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

haha quiet story you have there ^^
i can't get focus... So i can't read all of your story...
so, did you manage to get that wallpaper in web?

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Ehh I've had some weird issues with AnimePaper. None of my walls have been deleted (yet...), but I have had missing messages. It is possible that since they've been messing with the code for the website your PM's got lost somewhere in the database, or just... well, deleted themself. That is entirely possible. If all this JUST happened, like within the past one or two weeks, then I can't see technical error being the problem. Prior to that, I can.

Also take into consideration it may have just been an accident. Maybe your wall was deleted when someone elses was supposed to be. If this were the case I would at least expect an "oops, sorry" PM.

Quote by ShiNN84you know what, this whole thread you made is seriously lame. Just
because an accident occurred over there (and you're the only person
that I know who went through this) it doesn't mean that you have the
right to talk behind their backs HERE at Minitokyo. It's like acting
like a coward. If you have guts there between your legs then go solve
this with the admins at Animepaper, they are reasonable and honest
people, you are blaming all of this for a matter that can be solved
with proper talk and explanations. Crewcifix no offence but what you
just posted here makes you trul pathethic in my eyes :|

I wouldn't say that. This person is dealing with some mods/admins there so it isn't talking behind their backs, nor lame. If it's lame to express your opinion about another website... well, I don't know. This whole ordeal is very valid reason to be unhappy. People need to vent off somewhere, and at AnimePaper would probably start a flame war.

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

maybe it was my mistake for making mention of the other gallery site. >< at the same time, i would like to apologize too. and would be gravely sorry if it was a mistake. but at the same time, if it was a mistake, it would still have been wrong as to why.

i guess i should have labeled it as a simple thread without names. *dies*

also, i said my piece in the most formal way and at the same time expressive way i can. i do not mean to harm, as i've said but we have freedom of speech here too. not in a sense that you simply go over the person immediately but this was also based on clear observations me and some of my friends have encountered.

pm disappearing IF a mere case of an accident can still be accpetable but if it is someone hacking my account, then sorry..

Signature Image

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by Ritalin
I wouldn't say that. This person is dealing with some mods/admins there
so it isn't talking behind their backs, nor lame. If it's lame to
express your opinion about another website... well, I don't know. This
whole ordeal is very valid reason to be unhappy. People need to vent
off somewhere, and at AnimePaper would probably start a flame war.

it is lame to complain about AP here. It's like backstabbing someone. Did you bother to post in their forums ike they told you? Coming here and badmouthing about someone it's the most lame thing I could ever see so far since I've been visiting both websites. It's like acting cowardly. Don't you have the guts to post all of this at AP and complain to them rather than backstabbing here? When you do something like this you're lacking of respect towards other people, wether they will be right or wrong (the admin of AP) that doesn't give you the right to show no respect towards them by badmouthing them here. My goodness.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

it must have been quite true about the coming here and complaining. but remember too that i also gone there and pmed the admins as much as i can and my sched is not that good.

anyway, the reason why i posted here was to give insight as what an event like this might occur. again, i apologize for making mention of the site. but I never mentioned that they sucked or anything.. infact it was ONLY solely directed to ONE person whoever actually did the deletion without further notice.

but you cannot deny the fact that they still did something wrong. the admin just contact me today. again, i guess i have to let go of this issue now. i have forgiven as i have sinned myself.

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by ShiNN84Did you bother to post in their forums ike they told you?

crewcifix probably didn't want to post in their forums because he knew that he wouldn't receive the same hospitality as he does here at Minitokyo. Though I understand that badmouthing another community or even another person isn't a good way to show respect, I think that crewcifix was just looking for the guidance from where he feels right at home, the guidance from Minitokyo, where members and some mods are modest enough to take him through this tough moment. Thus, if crewcifix posted the same exact thread on another site, since he likely knows that more members are less mindful of others and really despise drama caused, his feelings may have been hurt more. So he took his situation to a place in which he could receive insight...the place he knows he can trust. This is what I think.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

no, i didn't post in their forums because i decided to leave the forum. however, it was my mistake of making an exact mention of it, i guess i should have dwelled on the topic perse only. but if i also did that, i wouldn't have warned other people too..

i am confused......... ><

edit: ALSO, i decided to opt for PMS instead and yes i remember a whole long rant i sent to them.. though i guess that was merely because they did something that was questionable.

the main reason as to why there is a thread like this here is like i said to inform. but i guess the flamming part gets in and everything.. >< that part i have to apologize. as i have made a mistake at that point.

Signature Image

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

No one is badmouthing them Shinn.

crewcifix is just having a hard time. Chill out. It's a website. He isn't backstabbing at all since none of the post was about AnimePaper in a negative light, just a "wtf is going on?" way.

Plus he mentioned he took it up with another mod/admin there, and they are aware of the problem.

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by ShiNN84Did you bother to post in their forums ike they told
you?

crewcifix probably didn't want to post in their forums
because he knew that he wouldn't receive the same hospitality as he
does here at Minitokyo.

WRONG. Because if you browse their forums you'll see they DO care, they reply and when possible they even give advices to people. What he did was rushing to a conclusion and doing a lame backstabbing here.

Anyway, I am out of this discussion, but I am seriously disappointed at you Crewcifix.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by ShiNN84Did you bother to post in their
forums ike they told
you?

does here at Minitokyo.

WRONG. Because if you browse their forums you'll see they DO care, they
reply and when possible they even give advices to people. What he did
was rushing to a conclusion and doing a lame backstabbing here.
Anyway, I am out of this discussion, but I am seriously disappointed at
you Crewcifix.

i'm sorry if that is the case.

Signature Image

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by ShiNN84Did you bother to post in their
forums ike they told
you?

does here at Minitokyo.

you Crewcifix.

you don't have to apologize with me, you should apologize to AP's admins for doing such a thing here, whatever the original problem might have been.

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

wow crewcifix wow....
did u even try pming the other admins or mods? to determine who did it?
coz if u did i didnt get any, maybe u just talked to that one *mod/admin*

did u try to repost ur wall after the admin/mod saying that?
did u think maybe it was just that...an error?

did u check the list of admins and mods? do u know any one of them outside forums and fought with anyone of them to even think they deleted ur wall coz they dont like u?

i'm just not getting why u hafta post it here?

if ur sorry for mentioning the forum's name why didnt u edit it out? but yeah i guess u can't coz it's already been said huh?

oh by the way thanks shinn!

Signature Image

w00tazn

w00tazn

hottie.

im surprised noone goes to Animelayer anymore...
but thats not the issue at hand.

you probably lost your pms because you clicked hte link that said "Delete all private messages"
it doesnt just delete wallpaper notificiations but ALL of them.

i goto AP for the quality that i see in the system they use and how it works.

all i ever hear about MT is how the top favs are all a basis of how big their friendslist is and how crappy those walls are.. when there are diamonds just sitting there but they dont get discovered only because the guy who posted them doesnt wanna suck everyones epenis.

the only reason why i even bother to visit this site is from links posted in the MT IRC chatroom. the people that go there are the only people i truly respect that goto this site.

Holt

Holt

pffft

First off, I really don't think you should have posted private messages sent to you by the admins on this or any forum. I think they're called private messages for a reason and I don't think they'll appreciate you revealing their issues to the world, especially on another forum regardless of the fact that you blanked out the names.
Some of the people involved might see these messages and I'm sure you don't want to cause them any more trouble.
If the people involved said you could show these messages, then I take it back.

Either way, bad mouthing this so called unknown culprit on another forum strikes me as rather childish.
I understand that you must be pretty pissed and I agree it seems pretty unfair but complaining to people here on MT isn't going to solve your problem. Then again, it seems to me that it's already sorted out. You reuploaded and it got accepted right? Accidents do happen. Don't take it so personally.
And don't take it so seriously either. It's just a wallpaper. You made it for fun right? Not just for the sake of recognition.
Even if someone has some stupid unreasonable grudge against you, that's their problem. Don't let it get to you.
Calm yourself

Signature Image

wow that sucks..and if i was in your place i would be making a big rukus to the point that i was ether banned or someone started to listion to me..

Signature

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by HoltYou
reuploaded and it got accepted right? Accidents do happen. Don't
take it so personally.
And don't take it so seriously either. It's just a wallpaper. You made
it for fun right? Not just for the sake of recognition.
Even if someone has some stupid unreasonable grudge against you, that's
their problem. Don't let it get to you.
Calm yourself

This will probably be the last time i'm commenting here. I didn't reupload it and I've stated several reasons back to the admin as to why.

And it not solely about the deletion. Its about the forum's credibility. That is in anycase, if I reuploaded it again, would it come to a point that they would have deleted it too?

I guess you're right on the 3rd part. Not to take it seriously.

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by melmachin(...) bother to post in their
forums ike they told
you?[/quote
does here at Minitokyo.

you Crewcifix.

you don't have to apologize with me, you should apologize to AP's
admins for doing such a thing here, whatever the original problem might
have been.

yes. i already did.

Quote by tAtEkAnEwow crewcifix wow....
did u even try pming the other admins or mods? to determine who did it?
coz if u did i didnt get any, maybe u just talked to that one
*mod/admin*
did u try to repost ur wall after the admin/mod saying that? did u
think maybe it was just that...an error?
did u check the list of admins and mods? do u know any one of them
outside forums and fought with anyone of them to even think they
deleted ur wall coz they dont like u?
i'm just not getting why u hafta post it here?
if ur sorry for mentioning the forum's name why didnt u edit it out?
but yeah i guess u can't coz it's already been said huh?
oh by the way thanks shinn!

i asked that admin to help me contact other admins as i have no time anymore..
no i did not reuploaded it and i gave her a pm as to why.
yes, i considered if it was an error but the admin told me that it could have been someone..
i have seen several admins though there is no proof if anyone liked me or not or if that was even the basis for it.
i posted it here because like i said, i wanted to share an experience and at the same time get insight from it. However, yes, the part where the exact forym was mentioned was my mistake at that point.

Signature Image

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Quote by T2Kazuyathats sad ;-; , awesome wallie though ^^;

I agree that is an awesome wallie!!!!

Signature Image

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

...why are you posting this here? lol i find it ironic that even though your veiws and thoughts are great and have meaning and all, but wouldnt this be more constructive if you went to the actual admins of anime paper?

now about walls getting deleted. when you put work up, you expect to be evaulated. its almost ridiculous to think that just because you think your wall is great that everyone else will think the same as well. it happens to everyone, well everyone who does any kind of work that is veiwed by others, not neccessarily walls. lol before i thought my walls were decent but others had different views, but i didnt let that get me down or whatever. you just pick urself up and move on. letting things bother you like that will just make your life a pain in the a$$.
best thing is that if your really bothered by it, confront it. go talk to the admins of anime paper.

well this is the best this kai-guru can come up with XD good luck with the cause.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.