Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think Sasuke sucks? - Minitokyo

Do you think Sasuke sucks?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

bevy-chan

bevy-chan

Kunoichi in training with Itachi

I think That Sasuke is really anoying!! He got annoying after he wanted to defeat Naruto!! Sasuke just wouldn't stop being an ass!!! It got to me so bad that I even made a group for it
http://groups.minitokyo.net/sasuke-haterz/
for annyone that would like to join!!

Hyuuga Neji is a sexy beast...next to Kakashi-sensei
Signature
silver_cherry_blossom-owner@yahoogroups.com

Gaara145

Gaara145

Sabaku_no_Cat O.o

only cause he left sakura

Signature
Sankyuuu ladygoofy for the gorgeous sig!

eclair-chan

eclair-chan

-=addicted to you=-

Quote by Gaara145only cause he left sakura

same here other than that hell no he rules! =^_^= and he's hot

Signature

Gaara145

Gaara145

Sabaku_no_Cat O.o

Quote by eclair-chan

Quote by Gaara145only cause he left sakura

same here other than that hell no he rules! =^_^= and he's hot

exactly

Signature

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

.......i thought i was the only one that hated sauske ^_^ hes such a mean ass! XP

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

bevy-chan

bevy-chan

Quote by Itami-Chan.......i thought i was the only one that hated sauske ^_^ hes such a mean ass! XP

I totally agree with that!!!

Signature

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

No, I don't. I think he is a kid allowing his emotions to control his actions. That is something everybody does to varying degrees before they gain some experience. It is just that most of the time the consquences are not so severe.

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18015

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

eclair-chan

eclair-chan

-=addicted to you=-

I think he only acts that way cause maybe he's afraid to feel loved cause maybe he thinks itachi or someone else mught hurt his loved one thats my reason

Signature

Gaara145

Gaara145

Sabaku_no_Cat O.o

thats also very true...............hmmmm maybe we should be sayin Itachi sucks

Signature

eclair-chan

eclair-chan

-=addicted to you=-

true itachis is evil but hot XD ...well in my opinion but other than that I dont think sasuke sucks he's to cool :nya:

Signature

Gaara145

Gaara145

Sabaku_no_Cat O.o

Itachi actually kinda scares me...........i like sasuke better.........scary itachi......sometimes hot.........sometimes

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Yes, sasuke is really annoying, I think Itachi left him live because he thought Sasuke has the potential to surpass him, but it is clear to me now that he neither has the heart nor the ability to do it.
I think Sasuke should get eaten by Orochimaru, or Kabuto,
Sakura in my mind is annoying too.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Nop, I like Sasuke!
Even he went to the dark side, I like him... That doesn't mean that I don't want to see the "nice" Sasuke back ^_^' I really reallyu want Sasuke to turn good again... Oh! And I hope he kills Orochimaru in the process of becoming good :D

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

sasuke can be annoying but he doesn't suck that much. he's okay.

i wouldn't say sasuke suck ... but he sure is a pussy ... getting all pissed just because naruto is getting as strong as him

bevy-chan

bevy-chan

Sorry guys but I can't agree with you on that. Sasuke should have been an arrogant bastard, I used to think he was cool and hot now I just this is cute but not cool or Hot!! Neji is way Cuter!!! Along with Kakashi sensei and Itachi-sama!! Itachi is soo hot!! There is no way he could be as pathetic as Sasuke

Signature

moonaki

moonaki

relaxxx.......

He doesn't suck.................... he just sucks Naruto's ass for thinking the wrong way of him when he is a good friend!I thought Sasuke was cool because he was getting along with his teammates and getting stronger as well,but he had to turn evil!.......He sucks and doesn't at the same time somehow,maybe some will get what I'm trying to say. ^_^'

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I posted the link, but I decided to just copy the pertinent content anyway....

Ok...... Spoilers .... Spoilers ...... Spoilers

Spoiler:
I actually rather like Sasuke as a character because he is a bit different from your average revenge whore. I read way more than I watch anime; so, I'm very familiar with characters who face tragedy and then decide to live only to obtain revenge. For example, The Punisher (from american comics) is definitely a revenge whore; as well as, Hettar from David Eddings's Belgariad. In case you don't find "revenge whore" self-explanatory, such a character is willing to sacrifice anything to accomplish their revenge. (I say character since I hope there are not that many real people who are stupid enough to do such a thing.)

Now as to why I like him. Keep in mind I may be reading way more depth into this anime than is actually there. He is not aloof in the "I don't give a damn" way. He is aloof in the "I'm alone" way. He is certainly not "too cool for school." Sasuke's aloofness serves to drive people away. It is a self-imposed wedge. Sasuke separates himself from other because they one pity him and two cannot relate to his background. You can assume that a village full of ninjas includes a population enured to loss, but it is doubtful that the other children in his class grew up in worshipping their older brother until one fine day when that brother turned on everyone. It cannot be very satistifying to live your whole life trying to attain equality with your brother and then find out that your goal is hollow. You want your brother's love and your father's approval. When you discover that they are no longer close the childlike you has to choose between them. Before you can resolve your own changing position in your family, the family is gone in a castrophic event. As the sole survivor, anyone might feel guilty, but what if you are told that the only reason you are alive is because you might become a challenge when you grow up. With this kind of back story, you can easily understand why Sasuke devotes himself to revenge.

Now the problem with this, is that revenge is hollow. If you devote all your will to it, then you cannot find room for anything else (hence Sasuke shutting everyone, and particularily Sakura, out). You have to be adamant in your determination. All of your physical and emotional resources have to be tied into attaining the skills you need. This focus, along with some natural or may family derived talent, creates a further barrier of excellence between Sasuke and his peers. So following this path of revenge prevents you from sharing any other path.

Now when you get to the end of this path, you will either die angry having failed in your revenge or you live with the consequences of your path. You may feel satisfation when you kill your brother, but even that is unlikely. He is your brother and you love him and all you have really wanted this entire time was a good reason for his actions even if it kills your love for your other family members (which is sad but OK because at least you can still love the living brother). Can you see the chain of emotional reasoning here? You kill your brother and what is left. You can't go home because you betrayed your village. Sakura does not love you anymore because in your effort to achieve revenge you have lost the qualities that most attracted her. Naruto is no longer your friend because he can no longer relate to you. You have nothing.

I like Sasuke because, despite being childlike enough to choose a dead-end path, he is also childlike enough to be steered off the path . Naruto's constant challenges become a detour which forces him to grow mature enough to recognize to some extent that his brother is manipulating his path. He mistakenly follows the path of revenge despite the price, but he grows enough to think beyond his initial assessment of the situation.

Naruto definitely chooses a better path in navigating his troubles. I would say that Sasuke was originally my favorite character. His darkness appeals to me on a personal level. However, when he deliberately chose to abandon his home even after K-sensei's speech, I questioned his superior intelligence. He continually allows emotions to cloud his judgement even as he chastises Naruto for the same flaw (It is a little bit of that "what trait you hate most in others is what you most likely display yourself" situation.) Now I'm favoring Naruto. However, I do see the possibility of redemption in his decision not to kill Naruto, and in his ability to comprehend where Naruto is coming from by the end of the battle.

Sasuke began the series with a more adult view point. This can be seen in his responses to challenges (thinking before he jumps, etc...). Although he demonstrated all sorts of emotional/childlike traits in his relations with Naruto (as witnessed in tree climbing exercise), he approached the missions with strategy. You can see a progression of physical skills, but at no point in the story line prior to this final arc could you see an increase in his emotional control. He locks his emotions down by locking people out which is a very common, if completely ineffective, choice. The problem is that he is still raging at his brother (see behavior when Itachi comes to collect Naruto). He can't get the red out of his eyes long enough to realize that he is following his brothers path. He is sacrificing everything for power, and he is even doing it at his brother's will (to achieve these eyes you must kill your best friend). His only emotional growth is in his choice not to kill Naruto.

In contrast, Naruto shows growth on all levels. His physical accomplishments are accelerated by wisdom and caution. He started out as the prefect example of why "only fools rush in." Now he plans a series of actions and adjusts them based on events (see episode 139). He may be very emotional, but it is a strength because it deepens his stamina and determination.

I do think it is interesting to note that both paths are incited by painful loneliness and both progressions are achieved through devotion. Naruto is alone and so wishes prove his value (and thereby collect ... love, friendship, support, or whatever.) Sasuke is alone and so wishes to prove his value (the thereby justify his continued life, the status of his bloodline, or satisfaction in his accomplishments.) It is possible to argue that Sasuke is more advanced at the beginning because he had more interpersonal interaction in his youth. When you remove the interaction painfully you remove the growth. Whereas Naruto didn't have the experience of deep emotional bonds. This lack created a buffer against some of twisting that interpersonal manipulation causes. By the time Naruto built his bonds, he was already capable of recognizing their value in contrast with his needs. He knew more about holding on irregardless of circumstance. (I'm not sure I'm explaining this really well, but I'm trying to get my point across.) In any case, his ability to get to the heart of the matter (the value of a bond) is more developed. His own discover that determination really can bring result makes him apt to keep trying and trying and trying. He literally never gives up.

And that folks is my discertation for the evening.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

rythem

rythem

icon by trowicia@eljay

no I dont.. *bashes people who call him a bastard* only naru-chan can call him that XD I dun think he sucks.. yeah..he's selfish..thats true... n an ass sometimes..*mainly coz he's so stubborn n stupid to come back to the village*
much more u think sasuke's annoying..I think sakura's more annoying..look how she's been trailing him n begging him to let her go with him... (I swear I could punch her that time..) n she's keep crying... 4 god's sake..I'm so thankful she's more mature now.. *cough* this is about sasuke..yes.. he's not mean in a way..geez..he didnt kill naruto right? he still cares 4 people.. >.> I dont hate him.. nor do I hate itachi.. but I dun think itachi's so hot..*but evil chara's r hot XD* duh..he killed his family...but he's cool XD *cough* man,I wish .. like in fanfics...XD they're so kawaii looking when living peacefully ..^_~ anyways..how sasuke's gonna be is kishimoto-sensei's idea..stop calling him annoying.. *__* he's cute XD I still like him.. hehehe

Signature

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

i don't hate him but i don't like him as well. don't like his style nor his attitude towards others.

i picked not sure he can be mean sometimes and nice to.

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

iie (No) Sasuke-kun is cuter than Neji-kun! ^^ anyway Yeah i admit he can be annoying same goes for Naruto-kun and Sakura-chan and hinata-chan but even though hes like that i still like him who knows he might change and everyone changes just like waht happend to Sakura-chan in the manga ^6 she vcan kick more asses now! ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

he's not the cool guy that the other characters see him as.
yet i don't consider him a terrible character even though i may not agree with his choices.
in short, it's hard for me to hate him when i'm such a fan of his younger pre-massacre self.

pervertfox

pervertfox

bot KILLER!! -->ragnarok<--

Quote by Gaara145thats also very true...............hmmmm maybe we should be sayin Itachi sucks

itachi is the start of it all... but as long as orochimaru doesnt eat sasuke's soul we can still say that its not bad to think that "maybe" sasuke can realise what he has done and looked back to his friends...
for now he suck.. but with cool powers like the sharingan he rocks!!
i hate itachi for ruining sasuke's life... *sorry itachi fans* and i think he thinks like orochimaru and definitely would realise stuff when he nearly dies in sasuke's hand...

Signature

MY SUBMISSIONS:
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/134417/ - makin more! bout a naruto pic made in MSPAINT duh!!! -_-
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/153325/ - GOTEN WALLIE by me of course!! not MSpaint anymore.. it wont be a burden to look.. and comment on a little! ^_^ thanks

IM A MOD AT:
http://groups.minitokyo.net/make-a-friend/

IM A MEMBER OF:
http://groups.minitokyo.net/photobucket-users/
http://groups.minitokyo.net/Filipino-Community/
http://groups.minitokyo.net/theunderappreciated/

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.