Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what can you say about the Greek mythology - Minitokyo

what can you say about the Greek mythology

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

I'm a laid back kid often mess around, I'm also a rocker...
can you imagine me reading a book of Greek mythology?

i cant neither but i do!

i was fascinated by the greek's iead, they're brain is so cool!

hehe!
my name is athena, but not from Athena of greek mythology.
i pick this name coz it rhyms with me true name ^_^

so what can you say about the Greek myth?

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

its not true.. but the story is unique......
just look at the Trojan war, then that titan that gives human fire.. (damn, i forgot the name....) and Zeus' father.....
like i said, Greek Mythology has a very unique story

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Emi

Emi

White lady with black heart

hm... interesting But I like mythology not only Greek but Celtic too :)
My nick in Poland is Luna if you want cheek it in mythology Greek or Roma :)

Do you see your heart?
It's black...
Smile!!!! You're always welcome!!

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

hmm...
Norse mythology and Egypt is also unique.
try to read some of those.......
i recommended norse for this..

Signature

Quote by athenaI'm a laid back kid often mess around, I'm also a rocker...
can you imagine me reading a book of Greek mythology?

i cant neither but i do!

It seriously doesnt matter how you look, or what your wear....if your read it...you read it.

Greek mythology to me...is just like a story book. I tend to stay away from those kinds of stories, they do not truly interest me. What truly interests me is the real stuff, such as....real world events, real wars, real battles, real stories of how the brave were capable to bringing peace to wherever they were from. Those are the ones in which interest me most^.^

Nisna

Nisna

~ Meow ~

It's like a soap opera... really!! xD
And Zeus is a kind of mafia head...
Saturn ate his own children, Mercurius is the god of the thieves, the messenger of the gods, and so many other thing it's impossible to mention them all...
I like the greek mythology! xD

Koujisama

Koujisama

Neko sketcher

Hmmm I like " Scandinavian Mythology " becouse most things in Final fantasy are from this mythology like : Fenrir, Midgar, Nibelheim and many many other ^_^

Signature Image

FreeLancerTex

Sed futuram inquirimus...

Quote by athenaI'm a laid back kid often mess around, I'm also a rocker...
can you imagine me reading a book of Greek mythology?i cant neither but i do!
i was fascinated by the greek's iead, they're brain is so cool!hehe!
my name is athena, but not from Athena of greek mythology.
i pick this name coz it rhyms with me true name ^_^
so what can you say about the Greek myth?

Hey this is so cool! Where I live I'm the only kid I know who's interested in mythology and stuff like that. It's nice to find another regular teen that's into the same "smart" stuff...

greek myth?? freaking jealous gods who'll do anything to gain more power for themselves

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

I love reading about Greek mythology! I love how some people are related to others, how the heros were born, the stories, everything!
The Gods are my favorite subject to read up about because they're each a God of something. So crazy...

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

chau-chan

chau-chan

Lonely in lost memories

I love Greek mythology! But it's also unique, becuase the god killed their own father and married their mothers or so...But still, I love legends

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Good Lord, hon, where do you want me to start? Mythology of any kind is a passion of mine! (*~.^*)
i think my favorite stories are the ones about the heroes, rather than the ones that focus on the gods. Ever notice how many creation myths worldwide involve some form of incest among the gods? (>.o) Eeeeeewwwww...
I prefer thesues and Perseus to Hercules (I like smart men). Edith Hamilton's little book on mythology devotes surprsing detail to the greeks. I have a copy I've read so many times, the pages are falling out!

And of course, the Romans borrowed heavily from the greeks in every way, from religion to philosophy to sculture and architecture - I'm always amused at how Virgil's aenid is a "continuation" of Homer's "Odessy."

Hooo-kay, I probably babbled a lot there, so to answer your question: YES, I love Greek mythology!

Signature

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

i love greek mythology! although i think they should moderize them...they seem so...er, show-offy...artemis is my favorite goddess and they're are tons of different stories, which are all so interesting and i love how there are 10 different versions of one story. it's very interesting for me, as i also like fairy tales! :)

I actually love greek mythology. It's not right on the spot but it can tell yo usomething about yourself. I have fun reading what it says about whats gonna happen today. XD

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Greek mythology is one of my mainstays, and I would love to study it in college. I dunno about modernizing it though, because that would make it less authentic. Anyway, Greek mythology has influenced the great writers and poets, and it is a source of inspiration to many people today.

Personally, I think it's one of the best things in the world.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I think the Greek mythology is very interesting. Want to read about it someday. :D

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

I like Atlantis than greek myths :pacman: :pacman:

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I took Mythology as one of my English classes in college. I really enjoyed it. Incidentally the afore mentioned book by Edith Hamilton was one of my texts books. I took that class at the same time as bunch of my other anthropology classes; so, I got to study the same material for exams in multiple classes. It was one of my favorite semesters.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Quote by DarkIngramI like Atlantis than greek myths :pacman: :pacman:

i thought atlantis was one of Greek mthys.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Greek Myth is not the only story with uniqueness...

Consider Norse, Roman, Egpytian and many more.

But Greek Mythology is really CooL!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

krshna

krshna

<<krshNa>>

i prefer norse myth, but greek mythology is cool too. Some stories seems to be based on real life. My fave greek god/goddess are Apollo and Diana and i have an edith hamilton book about mythology too...

<< KrshNA >>

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

I read the hamilton's Greek Mythology. . .
The story is good especially trojan war. . .

But i kinda like Egypt Myth more. . .

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

i liked reading about greek mythology back when i was in 9th grade, it was one of the sections for our english class
i really thought it was interesting

Signature

uchiha-saori

uchiha-saori

>>aRchAngeL<<

haha... greek mythology? hehe... i love reading those stuff... i find it interesting... about the gods and their very human troubles... haha... i've read 2 books about them... i finished them 2 summers ago... really interesting....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.