Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [For Filipinos] Issue: the President - Minitokyo

[For Filipinos] Issue: the President

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

exlusive to all filipinos!
ok, if your not you can still read this!

not what you expected from a 15 year old brat like me!?
its about our country! people of the philippines!! wake up!

as if we were shocked we heard the news from the national tv that our president cheated on the last election! actually, i know all of us is expecting that right?!

hehe!

just, just right your comments!

well.. im filo and i live in sydney.... ive just recently heard about this.... wat actually happened...

man the phils is so kurupted... hehehe

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

The President just lost all her credibility.

She cheated in the election, and now she does an apology on national tv and expects us to let her stay in her seat...

Everyone in politics here is grindin their teeth tryin to decide who to side with...

I'll just say I still believe in Eddie Gil and his words.

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

oh dear here i go again..
1st, she did not admit she cheated last elections, but she did admit the voice in the tape was her's. technically, in the tape, there was not one word that will pin her down, but unfortunately the call she made was a big mistake because it will indeed make the public believe that she indeed cheated. personally, i believe she did cheat even without the freakin tape, but to all opposition supporters, don't tell me that fpj's camp did not cheat, it just so happened that gma's camp was far better in cheating..lol

now for phil politics, yeah that's the way it is here, once there is a national issue where they can have a chance to get the spotlight, they will, even though what some politicians are doing are just plain stupid and ridiculous, they'll still think of a way just to get precious media time..damn hypocrits..

our economy is going to go down farther by the day if the political climate doesn't stabilize soon.. but the big question is, what will happen next? i just don't want susan roces in malacanyang.. hell no.. i'm expecting ken to counter me..hehehe ken, eto na naman tayo..hehe

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I agree with what Lapuk said. I believe that the candidates cheated. Even the opposition...
It's just that they have taped that conversation!!

If the president resigns... who do you think will be able to replace her? The vice-president, Susan Roces... Oh my... :( What will happen to our country? :(

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

I don't care in our country's dirty politics.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Anyone cheats you know? But as to our President, she admit it even though not literally.

As to our President. Just resign. She's too confident she deployed "her" military men outside Malacañang.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

What exactly did they talk about on the tape that was incriminating?

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

PGMA Speaks:
Good News!
Wala nang problema ang pilipinas!
Wala ng Imperyalismo, wala naring Kapitalismo
Ang tanging problema na lang natin ay. .
Akonamismo.

Well, This political problem really sucks. Some roads here in makati was closed because of rally. "Ang Hirap Sumakay!". Poor makati employees. And if ill bring a car; "hahaha, ang trapik kasi dami pa iikutan."

i wanna PGMA to resign, shes so bias.

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

Momo-chan

Momo-chan

Frustrated Graphic Artist

I just want her to resign. Period. I dont care who takes over just as long as she's gone. . basta wag lang si Noli at Susan Roces.. >=D

"Through the silence, you call my name, my heart stops beating, I'm lost in a dream."

Signature

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Phils. was doomed for corruption after Marcos took the secret of Phils. money to his grave.

But hey Ramos, Erap and Now Gloria is paying the world debt off and what can we do? Life goes on when people set the wrong things right but for us we try our best not to but temptations arise and the country is ours for the taking.... Martial law, miitary Junta or new presidency...Im just glad i was never there to see it only to pray that life would just go normal for us and our country. >_>

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Filipinos are starting a new trend:

Elect a President then bring him/her down!!!

What are we gonna look towards other countries when we keep ousting out presidents.

And why is it always about NCR? Regionals can't even compete with NCR's decision. That entire country must decide, not Metro Manila alone.

Signature

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Presidents bring trouble :hmpf:

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

^ So do legions of myopic Filipinos who refuse to see what will happen beyond August 2005.

"Pagbabago, ngayon na"?
What? Iluklok n'yo lang si Drilon sa Malacanang e titigil na ang pagbaba ng halaga ng piso? Like a new president can suddenly make things better?

Probably the reason why our country can't seem to get out of this slump is because everybody's holding each other down. Because we all honestly want every single thing to be "right", "fair" and "moral", many play referee, stand in the sidecourt and look for the next foul. They blow whistles at the smallest lapse of judgement but offer no real solution to the problem. They invoke the phrase "mga taong maliliit" whilst droning through their endless tirades about poverty, suffering and Freedom.

Poverty, what do they know of it?
Suffering? Yeah, right.
Freedom. With the action of a few, the whole nation is thrown into Chaos. The future of 80 million citizens are bound to be affected. That ain't Freedom.

We, as a democratic country, pride ourselves on being able to "vote" our officials into power. Our President is being accused of cheating. If the 20,000 strong now at Ayala, 0.025%of the Philippine population, manage to oust the President and replace her with the "leader" of their choice, wouldn't that contradict everything Democracy stands for?

It seems that Irony is alive and well in the Philipipines.

Right now, people in the Makati rally are waiting for Susan Roces' speech. The speech of the supposed "soul and conscience of the Filipinos."

Let my soul burn in hell, then.

Kagarizala

Kagarizala

Broken Inside - Fallen Angel

:sigh: i never really cared about politics but, we are sooo kurupted already! And this issue brings sooo much trouble. But anyway its not even the presedent who cheated, i think even the senators cheated, well it can't be helped in politics there's always cheating. :sigh:

uchiha-saori

uchiha-saori

>>aRchAngeL<<

if it's true that she cheated, shouldn't we just do our part? i mean, okay, if she did it, she might have lost her credibility but whay are we so stuck? we should continue to do better things and work harder... we have a problem, what are we doing? we're so stuck on the issue that we've forgotten to do our part as citizens... we must continue living and do what we can to make our lives better...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Jeneko

Jeneko

Ed Obsessed Girl

I guess she must resign.
Not our old "forgive & forget saying" would do anything here.

Time that passes by unhesitatingly and unhurriedly
I won't forget the pain that changes into kindness
My heart that I wounded when I was too reackless
I'll embrace it, for the reborn me
I Will

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Revue, you're too exaggerating.

So you think that reason will gonna stop them from doing such acts. FYI, when EDSA II was on-going, there are so many officials, businessmen and the so-called pro-GMAs on EDSA shrine. And they even have some kids around 12 years old and below. And they manage to make Erap out of Malacanang Palace. Almost all people on EDSA II are rich and if they have the poor, the just bought them to come. And now, the same is happening to her and it's not just the poor, there are also businessmen, and the Catholic and the Muslims are on too...

Even though the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines does not agree on the forced resignation, they agree on the legal way of the constitution which is the Impeachment Trial. And why did President Arroyo put her military men on Malacanang. She's too exaggerating and afraid she might lose her position as president. And as to Erap when EDSA II was launched, he has a few soldiers on Malacanang and in fact, he did not resign. He just went out on Malacanang.

Btw, President Marcos is better that GMA in terms of making policies. Marcos' only mistake is that Martial Law is being used by his men for personal reasons. Martial Law was declared to secure public safety but unfortunately he and his men abused it. The economy on his time is really strong and he really is a genius in terms of political aspects.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by AkaikenRevue, you're too exaggerating.
So you think that reason will gonna stop them from doing such acts. FYI, when EDSA II was on-going, there are so many officials, businessmen and the so-called pro-GMAs on EDSA shrine. And they even have some kids around 12 years old and below. And they manage to make Erap out of Malacanang Palace. Almost all people on EDSA II are rich and if they have the poor, the just bought them to come. And now, the same is happening to her and it's not just the poor, there are also businessmen, and the Catholic and the Muslims are on too...
Even though the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines does not agree on the forced resignation, they agree on the legal way of the constitution which is the Impeachment Trial. And why did President Arroyo put her military men on Malacanang. She's too exaggerating and afraid she might lose her position as president. And as to Erap when EDSA II was launched, he has a few soldiers on Malacanang and in fact, he did not resign. He just went out on Malacanang.
Btw, President Marcos is better that GMA in terms of making policies. Marcos' only mistake is that Martial Law is being used by his men for personal reasons. Martial Law was declared to secure public safety but unfortunately he and his men abused it. The economy on his time is really strong and he really is a genius in terms of political aspects.

What smoke are they giving you?

First off, we're not just talking about the whole religion stuff here, it goes way beyond that. We placed GMA on where she is now because we believed in her, but months after EDSA II she decayed into something we don't know. A Plastic Age President now has power, And with new evidences popping out justifying her resignation, what more proof do you want to let her stay.

And as for you, Revue. Aren't you even a least bit happy that at least someone is standing up against Arroyo. And with that, I'm talking about Susan Roces. She's a liar, a bitch and also a Plastic Age Person but as long as she does not hold interest in gaining power she's the closest thing to a saviour that we have now.

And about Eddie Villanueva. Using the Lord's name in proclaiming yourself to have the higher power is entirely wrong. You cannot call yourself some sort of Messiah and then step up to the plate. You have to know what your limitations are before you can overcome them. Stop claiming that you are the Saviour in order to get yourself in the fray.

And for Drilon and every person in this damn game of politics. Each and everyone of them is a liar. Some are very good ones and some are just plain sadists. They can lie and steal everything they want as long we see some change in our country.

All we want it change. Preferrably for the betterment of everyone. There will never be a perfect president, but as long as there is one that is willing to change and steer the country to a more respectable place then he's definitely the best option we will and ever have.

Quote by DarkIngramI don't care in our country's dirty politics.

That is totally bogus crap. you know there's already something wrong but you don't even care what happens.

But it still stands:

NCR cannot decide for the entire country. The entire country placed GMA in Malacanang, then the entire country is gonna oust GMA out of there.

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

now that is the attitude, if everyone does that, we will definitely prosper and see a better future for our country..not!!

Quote by Momo-chanI just want her to resign. Period. I dont care who takes over just as
long as she's gone. . basta wag lang si Noli at Susan Roces.. &gt;=D

problem is, constitutionally, noli is the successor.. and susan roces is the one the oppositon wants to replace gma.. i'd rather go to timbuktu than see any one of the two to grab power..hell no

Quote by OracleAngelPhils. was doomed for corruption after Marcos took the secret of Phils.
money to his grave. But hey Ramos, Erap and Now Gloria is paying the
world debt off and what can we do? Life goes on when people set the
wrong things right but for us we try our best not to but temptations
arise and the country is ours for the taking.... Martial law, miitary
Junta or new presidency...Im just glad i was never there to see it only
to pray that life would just go normal for us and our country. &gt;_&gt;

you are very lucky to not be here OA, you are damn lucky.. life here is difficult..

Quote by jakulitoFilipinos are starting a new trend:
Elect a President then bring him/her down!!!
What are we gonna look towards other countries when we keep ousting out
presidents.
And why is it always about NCR? Regionals can't even compete with NCR's
decision. That entire country must decide, not Metro Manila alone.

i, which is very rare dude, 100% agree with you on this post.. the thing is, people here in manila think that their sentiments reflect that of the entire country, which is definitely not the case. the mindanao municipal league has already declared their support for gma..althougjh they will prefer a proper and legal way if she was to be ousted..

Quote by astaPresidents bring trouble :hmpf:

and as well as those that want to grab power..

revue, you post is long to quote, but i agree with you 100% too.. but to summarize, crab mentality and herd menatlity.we are no different from cows who will follow what the herder tells us to do.

Quote by AkaikenRevue, you're too exaggerating.
So you think that reason will gonna stop them from doing such acts.
FYI, when EDSA II was on-going, there are so many officials,
businessmen and the so-called pro-GMAs on EDSA shrine. And they even
have some kids around 12 years old and below. And they manage to make
Erap out of Malacanang Palace. Almost all people on EDSA II are rich
and if they have the poor, the just bought them to come. And now, the
same is happening to her and it's not just the poor, there are also
businessmen, and the Catholic and the Muslims are on too...
Even though the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines does not
agree on the forced resignation, they agree on the legal way of the
constitution which is the Impeachment Trial. And why did President
Arroyo put her military men on Malacanang. She's too exaggerating and
afraid she might lose her position as president. And as to Erap when
EDSA II was launched, he has a few soldiers on Malacanang and in fact,
he did not resign. He just went out on Malacanang.
Btw, President Marcos is better that GMA in terms of making policies.
Marcos' only mistake is that Martial Law is being used by his men for
personal reasons. Martial Law was declared to secure public safety but
unfortunately he and his men abused it. The economy on his time is
really strong and he really is a genius in terms of political aspects.

ken, read well ok.. first, revue's points hit the bulls-eye.. damn dude, i did not see one ounce of exaggeration in her post. EDSAII,was never organized by political camps the way rallies today are..it was spontaneous. it was not just the rich who were there, the middle-class was the bulk of EII for your info..and the poor wasn't the bulk of it, students and employees, people from various sectors. pare, may mga documentary about edsaII, you might wanna watch it for a bit of review.. now, ung mga rally sa ayala, have you been there?nakita mo ba ung majority ng tao doon, dude, ask krieg for some info on the type of people who were there. there were people playing cards(tong-its) while someone was speaking. have you watched one particular interview i think yesterday. some were mad because they weren't paid as promised, i think they were just paid 30pesos instead of a promised bigger amount.. that is a fact ke, it was shown in tv..it was an actual interview..

uhmm jak, susan is starting to gain interest in grabing power and holding the position..trust me, my dad has sources.. she is not at all a saviour, no one is..we are going to experience the full impact of this soon. what we are facing right now is just the tip of the iceberg. our credit rating is going down wickedly fast, and that is one of the strongest indicators on where we are headed..

sad that we have to go through this, i just hope our nation learns something from this experience.. until we get a new brand of leadership, there is no bright future for us..we are a pathetic nation, we know nothing but to bicker and argue. we fail to see the good things a person does to us, yet we grab every bit of chance at the smallest glimer of mistake to pull someone down. i'm not just talking about the president, we have to admit that is our culture. crab mentality!!!!

ken, i'm waiting..hehehehehe game on dude..

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Hmm... lapuk, you have a point on that but still you can't deny the fact that many riches are on EDSA II. If you really think of that, many businessmen are funding some of the candidates from lasts elections. An example of this is GMA. When EDSA II was launched by this idiots, many businessmen had gathered quickly on EDSA Shrine. And now, they can ask payback to our beloved president like protection and some points for their companies. Man, they can't ask anything from Erap because Erap's for the poor and what in the Hell those idiots are thinking? They accused Erap plunder but he did not get anything from our national budget except on the jueteng that is illegal. If you can pinpoint what Chavit Singson did, he was just making sure that he is safe when Erap is being "punished". We all know that he is a gambling lord and the Arroyo Administration did not do anything to him because they think that he is their "witness". Think about that...

I know that many people there are sometimes going there and just doing some stupid things but it's not the majority man. There are still many people there who fight for their beliefs and they won't stop until Arroyo resigns.

As for Susan Roces, you may also have a point on that but can you blame her? They cheated her husband and the poor FPJ died.

I'll only agree with you on this...

Quote by lapuk

now that is the attitude, if everyone does that, we will definitely prosper and see a better future for our country..not!!

Quote by Akaikensad that we have to go through this, i just hope our nation learns something from this experience.. until we get a new brand of leadership, there is no bright future for us..we are a pathetic nation, we know nothing but to bicker and argue. we fail to see the good things a person does to us, yet we grab every bit of chance at the smallest glimer of mistake to pull someone down. i'm not just talking about the president, we have to admit that is our culture. crab mentality!!!!

We should just change our attitude on this kind of problem. That's why I hate people here because of this culture but I still love our country.

Quote by jakulitoBut it still stands:

NCR cannot decide for the entire country. The entire country placed GMA in Malacanang, then the entire country is gonna oust GMA out of there.

Now this is a true Filipino!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

toru07

toru07

Guardian of the Deep Abyss

Hello!!! mga Filipino po b tao d2.... sorry po, but I think this topic is better not to be discussed here. -_- Thats just my opinion but if you all insist then be it. Nkkahiya n ksi ung nangyari tpos prang pnagsisigawan p ntin s buong mundo ^_^' .... n nandaya ung president ntin. :x Ya I know its true pero kung d2 pg uusapn un, lalo lang mddegrade ang tingin s mga pinoy. I don't mean no harm, I just want to state my opinion. :) Hope you guys understand what I meant. Peace!

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by toru07Hello!!! mga Filipino po b tao d2.... sorry po, but I think this topic is better not to be discussed here. -_- Thats just my opinion but if you all insist then be it. Nkkahiya n ksi ung nangyari tpos prang pnagsisigawan p ntin s buong mundo ^_^' .... n nandaya ung president ntin. :x Ya I know its true pero kung d2 pg uusapn un, lalo lang mddegrade ang tingin s mga pinoy. I don't mean no harm, I just want to state my opinion. :) Hope you guys understand what I meant. Peace!

I'd rather have the entire world media feasting on our country's misery rather than see it die in it's own.

GMA loves the US so much but what the hell does Bush care about gma... she's just a pawn, she knows it just to dukmb to admit it.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulito

Quote by toru07Hello!!! mga Filipino po b tao d2.... sorry po, but I think this topic is better not to be discussed here. -_- Thats just my opinion but if you all insist then be it. Nkkahiya n ksi ung nangyari tpos prang pnagsisigawan p ntin s buong mundo ^_^' .... n nandaya ung president ntin. :x Ya I know its true pero kung d2 pg uusapn un, lalo lang mddegrade ang tingin s mga pinoy. I don't mean no harm, I just want to state my opinion. :) Hope you guys understand what I meant. Peace!

I'd rather have the entire world media feasting on our country's misery rather than see it die in it's own.
GMA loves the US so much but what the hell does Bush care about gma... she's just a pawn, she knows it just to dukmb to admit it.

Nuff said!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.