Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Smart vs hardworking? What do you think? - Minitokyo

Smart vs hardworking? What do you think?

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 66 total items

being hardworking pays off alot, since i doit =)
being smart and hardworking is overall best, to me no one can jst be smart and ace exams, its not possible =/

Schindler

Schindler

Dear God, make everyone die.AMEN

50/50 ppl who r only smart usualy trust themselves too much and dont go much further and ppl who knows only hardworking usualy dont know how to manage their own life.

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Smart but a sloth.
Hardworking but an idiot.

Combinations work best, a medium. Know when to work hard to achieve your goals, and when to be smart and approach situations in an intelligent and efficient way.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

I'd say you gotta be smart enough to not do something dumb or counterproductive, but beyond that effort will put you ahead.

- "A good plan executed aggressively and professionally today, will always beat a perfect plan executed tomorrow." -Gen. George S. Patton

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Something fun for everyone to read, here's hardwork for ya. heh.

We have all been to those meetings where someone wants over 100 percent. How about achieving 103 percent? Here's a little math that might prove helpful in the future.

If A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
can be represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then, by adding the values of the letters, we see that

H A R D W O R K
8 1 18 4 23 15 18 11 = 98%, and

K N O W L E D G e
11 14 15 23 12 5 4 7 5 = 96% but

A T T I T U D E
1 20 20 9 20 21 4 5 = 100 % and

B U L L S H I T
2 21 12 12 19 8 9 20 = 103%

So, it may be argued that though hard work and knowledge will get you close, it's attitude and bullshit that put you over the top.

I think the determining factor isn't hard-working nor intelllegence. Passionatly curious is what i think is most important. And that letter thing is quite amusing. does that mean if i find a super long word. itll be like 500%

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Quote by PatrickLaiI think the determining factor isn't hard-working nor intelllegence.
Passionatly curious is what i think is most important. And that letter
thing is quite amusing. does that mean if i find a super long word.
itll be like 500%

Most likely, this joke is pretty popular on the internet. I found it amusing when i first saw it and faxed it to my managers.

definitely hardworking

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

Er smart vs hardworking?? If you got the brains add a little hardwork in it :P helps if you dont got the brains then um work your ass off? Lols

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

hard working is better, although smart is easier XD

Definitely hardworking lol.

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by Wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_%28trait%29
Intelligence is usually said to involve mental capabilities such as the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend ideas and language, and learn.

These are useful skills in the business world.

If you really want to have success in the business world, both being smart and hardworking go hand in hand. If you are smart, but not hard working, someone else is going to take advantage of your great ideas and not leave you with much. If you are hard working, but not so smart, sure you'll get work done, but you wont be so successful since your service isn't so innovative.

As for schools, well, they are just screwed imho. I'm a pretty smart person, but I dont do well in school because its too boring and just not interesting, and I'm just not motivated to do work I'm not interested in.

Quote by Zanejinbecause people with a high IQ level are usually a bit arrogant about their intelligence, and arrogance is not good for accomplishing things.

I wouldnt say that. sure there are some arrogant smart people, but there are also alot of not very smart arrogant people too. And often, a smart person who seems arrogant, is rude to a not-so-smart person, because they are just annoyed with how stupid they seem to be.

::Ahem::

Okay, in my experience, in school, smarts matters more. Taking myself as an example, I'm lazy as hell. I get the honor roll because I do good on tests, which I never study for anyway except for that one test about naming all the major bones in the body, but otherwise, I don't bother.

But irl, if you don't work hard, you won't get anywhere. Though I've never been there yet...

Of course, both is always better.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by DarthTofuI get the honor roll because I do good on tests, which I never study for anyway except for that one test about naming all the major bones in the body, but otherwise, I don't bother.

I do really good on exams without studying too, but I can never be bothered to get assignments done on time (because they are boring), and that lowers my overall grade by alot. >_>

dvx

dvx

Otaku

Quote by asuzaHardworking is better... because you feel the satisfaction after you do
something successfully & you feel proud of yourself. :)

yep, me too.

Signature Image
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by MizunaSomething fun for everyone to read, here's hardwork for ya. heh.
We have all been to those meetings where someone wants over 100 percent. How about achieving 103 percent? Here's a little math that might prove helpful in the future.
If A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Zcan be represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Then, by adding the values of the letters, we see thatH A R D W O R K
8 1 18 4 23 15 18 11 = 98%, andK N O W L E D G e11 14 15 23 12 5 4 7 5 = 96% but
A T T I T U D E1 20 20 9 20 21 4 5 = 100 % andB U L L S H I T
2 21 12 12 19 8 9 20 = 103%
So, it may be argued that though hard work and knowledge will get you close, it's attitude and bullshit that put you over the top.

*giggles* yep yep, very funny, thanks for sharing. It may be true somehow I guess ;)

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

both traits are necessarily best and are hard to come by nowadays. people want the easy and fastest way, lacking in both areas from underdevelopment of the self. there are tons of people that are both and one or the other, some are great and some are not. its all relative anyway.

-repeat-

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

you mean like a diligent person and a genius person? in my experience, those hardworking people can defeat a genius coz of their efforts. Success isn't determined by your IQ. Your success is 80% affected by your EQ.

Pride comes before the fall

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 66 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.