Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you know mean 'xxx' from xxxholic...!!?? - Minitokyo

Do you know mean 'xxx' from xxxholic...!!??

Tagged under xxxHOLiC

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

xxxholic is manga from clamp...
and do you know mean 'xxx' from xxxholic?

no.....
i really like the manga... but the storyline is a little weird dont u think?
it doesnt seem to really follow one.....(unlike TRC)

xxxHolic...... yeah i really wonder what that means !!!

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

Thats one of the great mysteries of life like why does the vcr blink 12:00 and never change?

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

when i first saw the name I always thought it was pron...maybe they are all secret pron addicts

Claude

15th Division Taichou

i suppose it was jus a compulsive decision? XD
i really like the manga tho

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

KanameChan

KanameChan

The Raging Nice-Girl

xxx is the Japanese equivalent of a blank.
So the title is kinda like '___holic'. Meaning you can fill the blank with an addiction like many of the people we find Yuuko and Watanuki helping - like the woman who lied all the time, or the woman who was addicted to the internet. So instead of ALCOholic or WORKAholic...we have a whole variety of "holic's" that can be applied. ^_^ Hope this helps!

Didn't know the difference, but thanks KanameChan for the information.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

animanga

animanga

A Clockwork Fate

Quote by KanameChanxxx is the Japanese equivalent of a blank.
So the title is kinda like '___holic'. Meaning you can fill the blank with an addiction like many of the people we find Yuuko and Watanuki helping - like the woman who lied all the time, or the woman who was addicted to the internet. So instead of ALCOholic or WORKAholic...we have a whole variety of "holic's" that can be applied. ^_^ Hope this helps!

o_0 o_0 o_0 x_x x_x x_x
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Signature
My latest works: Mine of Mine * [url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/409522]Fool

KanameChan

KanameChan

The Raging Nice-Girl

hehe yup!

I love blasting peoples theories that the series is actually a hentai XD
(and yes...I HAVE done that before! hahaha)

thx for information................................!

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

souka.. so it meant blank right ? wooot..

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

I think the shopkeeper lady is secretly an "xxx" holic if you know what I mean.

Graverobber

Graverobber

Heart of Darkness

While the shopkeeper does have a certain sex-appeal, I think I'm going to have to side with KanameChan about this. Though I didn't know the xxx was the Japanese equivalent of our ___. That's new to me.

zenky

zenky

Aryam... Waiting in the Darkness

woooowwww :o that had never imagined to me :hmpf:

Signature

beanbun

All creamy inside.

I always wondered what it meant when there was an "xxx" in something I was reading. Heh heh. Thanks!

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I always thought it was a gimmick to attract readers.

evad83

evad83

Balancer Apprentice

Finally! I always wondered about that xxx...Been reading the books for quite sometime now, but nvr figured that one out...
Thanks

~ Bored of getting bored with boredom ~

Apparently the Japanese are unaware of the meaning of "xxx" in the United States. While it may indicate a blank, it can also indicate the realm of the supernatural and esoteric, which is popular with teens in Japan -- and fitting with the content of the manga.

OOOO...x_x totaly confused here....
ok...? something like that...?
i always thought it means....hmmm -_-actually i never really think about the xxx, only thought that everything about the manga is kool XD...hehehe...

icyrain

icyrain

Reality has no place in my world

I knew the 'xxx' didn't mean hentai or anything, but I never thought about it meaning blank. That makes so much sense! Now I can tell my other friends who read the manga to. We've always wondered what the 'xxx' meant... Thanks KanameChan!

~Andrew (a.k.a. Icyrain)

hmm, I never thought what the xxx could refer to. it's really helpful to know, and explains so much too, about the story and everything. :D

drphyzzy007

It is green.

I thought it was because XXXHOLiC was (or is currently) syndicated in a Seinen (category of manga targeting young men) magazine...(Heh, I guess it might apply in the places where it's being licensed...) But that's really interesting, KanameChan (: Thanks for telling us that!

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

woooow o_0 thnkyu for that piece of info, i did not now this, thnkyu KanameChan! :)

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

support this anime~~ yuko rocks~~
holic means material wants or sth doesnt it? ^ ^ enjoy~

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.