Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever been shot down because of your race? - Minitokyo

Ever been shot down because of your race?

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Of course. My area is predominantly white but I'm not. Most people are sensible and at the very least don't say anything (of course I have good friends as well) but some people are just immature brats.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

They don't allow guns here... so no

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

yeah, i've been looked down on cuz of my race. i'm Black, and because i'm into Anime, rock, and all, some people don't like that(which doesn't make sense to me.) i'm usually hearing stupid f***in racist remarks on that. like i give i f**k, i'm cool with everyone, regardless of color or language. why must everyone make a big deal out of small stuff?

Signature Image

Of course.

I am a Black guy, and I like Japanese girls. Everyone knows that Asian women like just about any race but Black. I have been able to talk to some Japanese girls (and even get inside of some in Japan).

I have turned people down for being non-Japanese too, so I suppose I deserve a bit of it. I would not turn down friendship though, but my preference is for Japanese women.

I have been shot down because of my race. I was living in a predominately black community and i was one of only 3 white kids at my school. I was constantly teased because of my colour. I had things of mine stolen and destroyed. I was bullied because i was at least 2 years a head of the class work they were doing. One day i was waiting for the bus to go home and i was being teased so i just ignored it. As i was lining up for the bus 2 girl came up and threatened me with metal poles. Deciding just to get on the bus i got punched on my spine when my back was turned. Thats when my parents decided to send me away to boarding school.

Strange thread, isn't it?

My roommate and I are both white, and she absolutely HATES white people. She actually gets mad at me for not being ashamed of my race. I've always considered myself a very open-minded and tolerant person, but I have no idea what to say to her when she goes on one of her tirades. She actually told me that if white people had any compassion at all they would all just kill themselves and let other cultures have the planet. WTF

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

Well, I'm a Spanish girl from Barcelona. I study at SIS, it's an international school but sometimes prejudice sets in. Sometimes exchange students get teased a lot. There was this group of students always making fun of Hispanics, like what's with our accent and our religion and all that. Well, I admit my English will always have that Catalan ring to it, but sometimes we get harassed for it. No big deal though, I'm sure someone had it a lot worse than we have. I mean, these guys really lash out, like they reached their limit or something. That's why I always practice racial tolerance.

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

I'm Asian (and adopted) and I've always lived in areas where the KKK was rather rampant. I get the occasional comment, but mostly from kids that have repeated tenth grade three times, so I fail to get really offended. Race isn't what makes you bad, it's the choices you make.

I'm half Japanese and half Caucasian. To asians, they'll remember me as a white girl and to white people, they'll remember as an asian girl. So it's weird for me sometimes.

I had this one guy who wanted to date me just because I was part Japanese and he had this obsessive Japanese fixation. It was kinda insulting to me. I want someone to like me because they think I'm an awesome person, not because of my race.

Never.But I did that t opeaople before...When I was about 12...
It's not a good thing I know but then I thought it was fun back then. Eventually, I'd realised how bad it was and stop.

im a chinese with a bit of thai blood in me but i look like a mixture of chinese and malayso ppl always come around asking me whether im a chinese or malay

i dont really have this problem in msia but after i came to england i find the ppl here quite racist as they start making fun of my accent but i can speak very good english now and they juz shut their trap nowadays

i wouldnt do that to any1 its very mean n hurtful

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Not really, but ther ewas this girl that I liked that was talking with her friend,and said that blacks weren't on the top of their dating list (like no where near the top). I was hurt just a bit, but I got over it quick.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

Some people find whites/blacks/jap more attractive than the others. You just can't help...

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

I was not shot down by the girl herself, but rather by her parents. I was talking to a hostess up at the restaurant where I worked, and she really wanted to go out with me, however her parents really did not like the fact that I am white. They didn't think it was appropriate for us to date. That's about the closest I've come to it.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

mmmm, well not exactly, but have seen my friends being victimized by white people....Personally I will like to say to all of you people who have been victims from racism, Do not feel bad sometime people discriminates you because they are jealous of you.

infiniterising

infiniterising

Cosplay extraordinaire

it happen to me in gradeschool. The guy was an a**. and living in a small rural french town, i knew it would happen eventually being the only non-white person in the whole town.

"Individuals who make their abodes in the vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting petrous projectiles."

my sister likes to date black guys and it makes my dad realy mad. is that a bad thing?

gountessg

Dark Angel

right now in italy romanian people are picked up on thte streets and treated brutally. I know a girl that got spitted up in the face because of her nationality.

what is your purpose in life?

F#ck those motherf#cking b#tches. They can all just f#ck themselves. If they want to bring their racism to me, they better come up to me straight up and let it all out. Cuz I got no problem beating the sh#t outta them. People should have no grudge against people different from themselves. God made everyone the way they are and it can't be helped. Why prejudice? Is it so hard to get along? The world is already f#cked up, why add racism into the equation?

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

Well I live in Australia and Im a Chindo (for you who doesnt know what it means, it means Indonesian with Chinese background), rarely get teased by anyone (Australians). Well here and there, Ive experienced racism but meh, who cares.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Not really shot down although I have been to places where I ahve goten strange looks because I was white in predominantly asian or black places. I generally ignore them though so no troubles. I have about... well less than zero tolerance for any form of racism. I have had experience with racist people and I think I actually really offended a member of the Aryan brotherhood when he asked to to join them. At least he seemed prettty pissed when I laughed in his face and told him to get a life. That and its really amusing to be called a racist and then tell the accuser that I probably have more friends of his/her race than they have friends.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

How am I suppose to say this ?
Okay, here we go. Yes, I once got "Shot down" (If that is how you say it), because I was born Indonesian and I have Islam as my religion. I got angry and sad at the same time. I still wonder why I deserve this ? I welcome them with open hands, and they show there own hatred towards me. I still wonder what would happen if I can choose my own birth condition.

Oh, yes. People at my old school constantly told me that "Black people can't like anime", and a lot of other things that I'd rather not say, which really doesn't make any damn sense. Though it did hurt. A lot. Now I just keep my otakuness under caps at my new school to avoid the racist remarks.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.