Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Inuyasha Fans! Kikyou vs. Kagome! - Minitokyo

Inuyasha Fans! Kikyou vs. Kagome!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Just thought it would be fun to spark a debate amongst the die-hard Inuyasha fans, so please bear with me. ^_^

"Kikyou vs. Kagome" is one of those on-going points of contention for those who follow the series, so here I will lay out my thoughts on the matter and invite others to do so. Personally, I prefer Kagome to Kikyou. Yes, I'm not afraid to admit it - I prefer genki over, well, dead. Before you Kikyou fans type your scathing rebuttals, please read my points.
As for you Kagome fans - feel free to contribute!

Sylvacoer's Logic: Anti-Kikyou

1. The Kikyou currently wandering around is NOT the real Kikyou - she was killed fifty years ago, remember? Her present character is a copy, one forged of witch magic and hatred. Summarily, the present Kikyou is no more than a perversion, a shade of the true Kikyou.

2. She's dead.

3. She feeds on the souls of others to maintain her false life - she even says as much. So, obviously, damning others to Oblivion is not something she is too squeamish about. Oh yes, fluffy feelings abound in this one. -_-

4. Necrophilia is just nasty. Can somebody please buy that boy Inuyasha a clue?!

5. She gave that huge chunk of the Shikon no Tama to Naraku, increasing his powers exponentially. She claims that it is all part of her plan to destroy him, but, er, hello? Has she made any progress on that yet? It seems Naraku became more than she could handle - it was only because of Kagome, Inuyasha and everyone else working together that he is in the present fix he is now. Oh, and did Kikyou contribute? No - she only managed to nearly get wiped out by the Shichinintai. Darn.

6. Two words - tragic character. Like Ophelia before her, Kikyou's primary role seems to be a) to make the protagonist doubt himself, and b) cause lots of angst and suffering in said protagonist and anyone remotely connected to him. A necessary plot device, but one most appreciated when she finally bites the big one and everyone can have one last big sob fest before moving on with their lives. Emphasis on the "lives," seeing as how Kikyou does not have one.

7. Have I mentioned that she is dead yet?

8. She tried to drag Inuyasha down to Hell with her; failing at that, she guilted him into pledging his life to her. Good Heavens, is true love really that selfish?

9. I have lost count of how many times she has tried to kill/maim Kagome or drive her away. Her claim that there should only be one incarnation of Kikyou at one time is valid, but I think she is forgetting something - she is not really Kikyou either. And Kagome has no interest in being Kikyou anyway. And I hated that nonsense she spouted to Inuyasha about trying to protect Kagome by stealing the Shikon shard. Although I will admit, Kagome would not be targeted by Naraku if she was dead, now would she?

10. I am beginning to get the impression that Kikyou knows that she does not belong among the living, and that Kagome has rightful claim as her true incarnation to Inuyasha?s heart. Evidence? Watch the Kuro-miko Tsubaki Arc carefully - even though she lets Tsubaki target Kagome, she acknowledges that Kagome can probably defeat Tsubaki because of her spiritual power. Spiritual power which comes from, oh, guess what?

11. She is quicker to surrender. Just watch episode 98 ["Kikyou and Kagome Together in a Cave"] and compare her and Kagome's reactions to the situation. ( I will not spoil it for anyone who has not yet seen it)

12. This is just a personal pet peeve of mine - I really hate anime characters who do not blink. I don't care if they do not need to, but to have a perfect deadpan in all situations is really irritating. Kikyou might have an excuse because she is dead, but it still annoys me.

And now to the other half of my argument!

Sylvacoer's Logic: Pro-Kagome

1. She is alive. Major points there.

2. She acts against Naraku out of a pure, unselfish desire for justice, whereas Kikyou's motivations are based on revenge, as well they should be. But it sure takes a whole heck of a lot more spiritual backbone to involve oneself in a fight one has no personal stake in.

3. A lot of people knock Kagome because they feel her cheerfulness is irritating, that she is unrealistically bubbly and would crumble if ever confronted with a real life-or-death situation. Um, if you have not noticed, Kagome has had to go through multiple life-or-death situations, emotionally destructive ones I might add, and yet she can still smile and support others in the aftermath. Such character is admirable, not despicable.

4. She admits to her weaknesses and shortcomings, and then tries to get over them.

5. One word: scrappy. She does not take crap from anyone, perhaps with the exception of Inuyasha. I thought her decision to stay at his side even after he told her he would choose Kikyou showed both extreme moral courage and idiocy. Well, you cannot expect everyone to be perfectly sane in all aspects of life, can you now. (Inuyasha needs to be hurt very badly, though.)

6. In regards to Kikyou, Kagome admits that she is jealous and even once thought it would be better for Kikyou to just die (again, no argument there honey!). Despite this, she tells herself such emotions are wrong. Her predilection for justice and mercy overwhelms her negative emotions whenever she comes in contact with her erstwhile incarnation. Whenever Kikyou is in danger, Kagome risks her life for her, even though Kikyou would certainly never do the same. Her motivations in this regard are complex and even conflicting, which contributes to the wholeness of her character.

7. Episode 98.

Whereas Kikyou serves as a point of angst, Kagome acts as a point of hope. Kagome does not surrender, and will keep fighting for what she believes is right, despite her personal desires and wants. Kikyou is self-centered - I will not split hairs on this point.

All right, that is my argument. Please respond however your personal beliefs tell you to.

Salute!

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I liked them both at the start, but now Kikyou's like a cockroach: She won't DIE. I like Kagome better, just because Kikyou keeps coming back and it's so annoying XD

Kagome, hands down. Kikyo's return should've been kept to one episode.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Finally someone who likes kagome like me..Yeah. Kagome's way better, kikyo's a B****
Just look below my sigy and you'll see I thinks she's my fav character of inuyasha. :) :) :)

Signature

reaps

Don't fear the reaper...

kagome's so much better than kikyo, kikyo is a bitch, she holds a grudge against inuyasha even when he explains the surcumstances and what not. and then she saves him, it's like, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, what ever

Signature

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

Kagome... hands down

giving it all away...

Speaking of Inuyasha....the TV series is almost over in Japan. Eps 166-167 will end it.

http://www.animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=102

Goodness it really ends?! O_o
I was beginning to think it was a neverending story after all *sigh*
Anyways .. Kagome all the way! XD

Ikaioun

The Nuclear Play's Reactor

Although I'm not really that big of a fan of Inu-yasha and I must admit to not completing the series since after awhile I just gave up on it altogether... yet it seems your main argument is against the creators of Inu-yasha instead of Kikyo herself. She's dead, so what? That reason does seem to hold much ground in my opinion. It's much like saying you loathe someone just because the creators made them wear green instead of red. Since this topic seems to be basic opinions to begin with I’m going to say Kikyo. Kagome was quite the generic and predictable female protagonist.

Signature

Grifstar

Grifstar

Fear me

Quote by sylvacoer
1. The Kikyou currently wandering around is NOT the real Kikyou - she was killed fifty years ago, remember? Her present character is a copy, one forged of witch magic and hatred. Summarily, the present Kikyou is no more than a perversion, a shade of the true Kikyou.

Not really, most of it is though. But eventrually she stops seeking revenge on Inuyasha

Quote: 2. She’s dead.

Your point is..?

Quote: 3. She feeds on the souls of others to maintain her false life - she even says as much. So, obviously, damning others to Oblivion is not something she is too squeamish about. Oh yes, fluffy feelings abound in this one. -_-

Hmm... True

Quote: 4. Necrophilia is just nasty. Can somebody please buy that boy Inuyasha a clue?!

Maybe because Inuyasha doesn't care that she dead..?

Quote: 5. She gave that huge chunk of the Shikon no Tama to Naraku, increasing his powers exponentially. She claims that it is all part of her plan to destroy him, but…er, hello? Has she made any progress on that yet? It seems Naraku became more than she could handle - it was only because of Kagome, Inuyasha and everyone else working together that he is in the present fix he is now. Oh, and did Kikyou contribute? No…she only managed to nearly get wiped out by the Shichinintai. Darn.

Blah.. Frankly I don't think Kikyo really cares who wins, Naruku or Inuyasha. I mean, if you look at the newer ones she seems to take neither side

Quote: 6. Two words - tragic character. Like Ophelia before her, Kikyou’s primary role seems to be a) to make the protagonist doubt himself, and b) cause lots of angst and suffering in said protagonist and anyone remotely connected to him. A necessary plot device, but one most appreciated when she finally bites the big one and everyone can have one last big sob fest before moving on with their lives. Emphasis on the “lives,” seeing as how Kikyou does not have one.

Umm... How is this a con?

[quoted]7. Have I mentioned that she is dead yet?

yes, you did

Quote: 8. She tried to drag Inuyasha down to Hell with her; failing at that, she guilted him into pledging his life to her. Good Heavens, is true love really that selfish?

Yanno, when you really look at "true love", it actually is selfish. Besides, Kikyo is dead, she still has some "feelings" for Inuyasha, at the same time she wants revenge on him. So, the best way is to take him ot hell with her, at the same time she also makes it the "punishment" for killing her.

Quote: 9. I have lost count of how many times she has tried to kill/maim Kagome or drive her away. Her claim that there should only be one incarnation of Kikyou at one time is valid, but I think she is forgetting something - she is not really Kikyou either. And Kagome has no interest in being Kikyou anyway. And I hated that nonsense she spouted to Inuyasha about trying to protect Kagome by stealing the Shikon shard. Although I will admit, Kagome would not be targeted by Naraku if she was dead, now would she?

Hmm.. Yes, Kagome doesn't want to be like Kikyo. But Kikyo doesn't even really harm her either(sure, they have their differences, but heck, they even tried to help eachother inside that cave/youkai). I'm not sure where you're getting this at. I can only think of once she tried to hurt Kagome, but that was before she knew about Naruku

Quote: 10. I am beginning to get the impression that Kikyou knows that she does not belong among the living, and that Kagome has rightful claim as her true incarnation to Inuyasha’s heart. Evidence? Watch the Kuro-miko Tsubaki Arc carefully - even though she lets Tsubaki target Kagome, she acknowledges that Kagome can probably defeat Tsubaki because of her spiritual power. Spiritual power which comes from, oh, guess what?

Yeah, of course she knows that. But remind you, she never even really wanted to come back to begin with

Quote: 11. She is quicker to surrender. Just watch episode 98 [“Kikyou and Kagome Together in a Cave”] and compare her and Kagome’s reactions to the situation. ( I will not spoil it for anyone who has not yet seen it)

Umm.. If I remember correctly.. Kikyo was beatened up badly at the time, and Kagone had (if not more, I haven't seen that ep in awhile) shards at the time. So Kagome had a better time defeating it than Kikyo did.

Quote: 12. This is just a personal pet peeve of mine - I really hate anime characters who do not blink. I don’t care if they do not need to, but to have a perfect deadpan in all situations is really irritating. Kikyou might have an excuse because she is dead, but it still annoys me.

Not really an excuse to hate someone but ok. But yeah, I think partly the reason why too (I would say anyway) is because she's dead.

I guess you can tell which side I'm on.. but hey, I just have a different taste in favorites. What you hate, there's a chance I might like. Personally, I hate the "goody-goody peace and justice" type people just because it's overly done and gets old and annoying. Just becuase IMO, everyone like that seems really naive and don't look at the picture at different sides.. if you know what I mean.

Digibluestar3

Digibluestar3

shooting star rider

kikyo?!?!...that dead b****...opps pardon my french..but seriously tho..she doesnt have to go home..but she has to get the hell outta there!!...GO KAGOME!!!YAY.O_o..*jumps on the shooting star..

*people are just like stars...there are bright ones... and there are those that are dim*
Signature Image

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

I'm Kagome all the way!

Anti-Kikyou reasons:

1. She already had the chance to prove herself worthy of being with Inuyasha and she failed so why do it now when all is said and done. A past is a past that can never be once present or future.

2. She also lacks trust to people she loves like Inuyasha. She even even shoot him with her arrow, I know it's her duty because she SAW that he stole the Shikon no Tama from her and nearly killing her but she should know better than that...but since she don't, it's speaks for itself.

3. She's already gone insane in the sense that all the things she first believed in are all in the trash now. She's not thinking about others no more...what they feel and what they want. Like when she tried to take Inuyasha with her to the other world, she didn't think that he wants where he is now and doesn't want to end it yet...I know that she loves him too much but she should know better than that[again]!

Signature Image

Grifstar

Grifstar

Fear me

Hmm..

For your 2nd reason: She only tried to kill Inuyasha becasue she thought he betrayed her. And that's also why I partly think she no longer trusts anyone. I mean, think of what has happened to her. She tried to befriend Inuyasha, then he agreed to become human using the Shikon no Tama. Then the next thing she knows Inuyasha tries to kill her (which of course we all know that wasn't really him, but Kikyo didn't know that). After all that, (well, since she was revived and all) you would think now she wouldn't trust people so easily.

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

Quote by h2dzKagome... hands down

still Kagome :p... *runs away*

giving it all away...

I disliked the female characters in this series. >_> Prefer not-manslut!Miroku, or better yet Sesshoumaru. *shrugs*
But for arguments' sake I vote Kikyou for the fact that she's still around when she (as you pointed out) knows she would likely very well lose in the end.
Though ultimately, I think there are better female characters/rivals to be found in the anime world, but hey. :) That's just me.

Kagome is the best indeed...i thing allso that she is more in love with Inuyasha then Kikyou..( they where to easy to break up...allso thing the Naraku say's that too )

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

Well, Kikyou really kicks butt.
But, she goes around absorbing souls *Shudder* *Shudder*
So, I like Kagome best.

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

They're both cool but i kinda like kagome a lil better. I'm fond of her personality. :)

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

Quote by sylvacoerJust thought it would be fun to spark a debate amongst the die-hard Inuyasha fans, so please bear with me. ^_^
guh yeah i guess
“Kikyou vs. Kagome” is one of those on-going points of contention for those who follow the series, so here I will lay out my thoughts on the matter and invite others to do so. Personally, I prefer Kagome to Kikyou. Yes, I’m not afraid to admit it - I prefer genki over, well…dead. Before you Kikyou fans type your scathing rebuttals, please read my points. o ok
As for you Kagome fans - feel free to contribute!Sylvacoer’s Logic: Anti-Kikyou

my answer : Yes i know that means all of the hate in Kikyo's body formed
2. She’s dead.
my answer : lol we know

3. She feeds on the souls of others to maintain her false life - she even says as much. So, obviously, damning others to Oblivion is not something she is too squeamish about. Oh yes, fluffy feelings abound in this one. -_-

my answer: yah lol

4. Necrophilia is just nasty. Can somebody please buy that boy Inuyasha a clue?

My answer : Well maybe he was desprate!

5. She gave that huge chunk of the Shikon no Tama to Naraku, increasing his powers exponentially. She claims that it is all part of her plan to destroy him, but…er, hello? Has she made any progress on that yet? It seems Naraku became more than she could handle - it was only because of Kagome, Inuyasha and everyone else working together that he is in the present fix he is now. Oh, and did Kikyou contribute? No…she only managed to nearly get wiped out by the Shichinintai. Darn.

My answer : Yes darn Alot Darn! lol

6. Two words - tragic character. Like Ophelia before her, Kikyou’s primary role seems to be a) to make the protagonist doubt himself, and b) cause lots of angst and suffering in said protagonist and anyone remotely connected to him. A necessary plot device, but one most appreciated when she finally bites the big one and everyone can have one last big sob fest before moving on with their lives. Emphasis on the “lives,” seeing as how Kikyou does not have one.

my answer : Yes thats why she is a spirit of herself

7. Have I mentioned that she is dead yet?
My answer: Yes!!!
8. She tried to drag Inuyasha down to Hell with her; failing at that, she guilted him into pledging his life to her. Good Heavens, is true love really that selfish?
my answer : Nah kikyo is a bitch hehe

9. I have lost count of how many times she has tried to kill/maim Kagome or drive her away. Her claim that there should only be one incarnation of Kikyou at one time is valid, but I think she is forgetting something - she is not really Kikyou either. And Kagome has no interest in being Kikyou anyway. And I hated that nonsense she spouted to Inuyasha about trying to protect Kagome by stealing the Shikon shard. Although I will admit, Kagome would not be targeted by Naraku if she was dead, now would she?
My answer: I don't read long questions Sorry ^_^'
10. I am beginning to get the impression that Kikyou knows that she does not belong among the living, and that Kagome has rightful claim as her true incarnation to Inuyasha’s heart. Evidence? Watch the Kuro-miko Tsubaki Arc carefully - even though she lets Tsubaki target Kagome, she acknowledges that Kagome can probably defeat Tsubaki because of her spiritual power. Spiritual power which comes from, oh, guess what?

my answer : i see your point..

11. She is quicker to surrender. Just watch episode 98 [“Kikyou and Kagome Together in a Cave”] and compare her and Kagome’s reactions to the situation. ( I will not spoil it for anyone who has not yet seen it)
My answer : I know that was An awesome episode!

12. This is just a personal pet peeve of mine - I really hate anime characters who do not blink. I don’t care if they do not need to, but to have a perfect deadpan in all situations is really irritating. Kikyou might have an excuse because she is dead, but it still annoys me.
My answer : lol me too hehe
And now to the other half of my argument!Sylvacoer’s Logic: Pro-Kagome
1. She is alive. Major points there.
My answer: yep major point
2. She acts against Naraku out of a pure, unselfish desire for justice, whereas Kikyou’s motivations are based on revenge, as well they should be. But it sure takes a whole heck of a lot more spiritual backbone to involve oneself in a fight one has no personal stake in. my answer : Big azz back bone man
3. A lot of people knock Kagome because they feel her cheerfulness is irritating, that she is unrealistically bubbly and would crumble if ever confronted with a real life-or-death situation. Um, if you have not noticed, Kagome has had to go through multiple life-or-death situations, emotionally destructive ones I might add, and yet she can still smile and support others in the aftermath. Such character is admirable, not despicable
My answer: yes yes yes.
4. She admits to her weaknesses and shortcomings, and then tries to get over them.
my answer : yes this is why she has a great personality it kinda adds to it
5. One word: scrappy. She does not take crap from anyone…perhaps with the exception of Inuyasha. I thought her decision to stay at his side even after he told her he would choose Kikyou showed both extreme moral courage and idiocy. Well, you cannot expect everyone to be perfectly sane in all aspects of life, can you now. (Inuyasha needs to be hurt very badly, though.)
My answer : lol nice one
6. In regards to Kikyou, Kagome admits that she is jealous and even once thought it would be better for Kikyou to just die (again…no argument there honey!). Despite this, she tells herself such emotions are wrong. Her predilection for justice and mercy overwhelms her negative emotions whenever she comes in contact with her erstwhile incarnation. Whenever Kikyou is in danger, Kagome risks her life for her, even though Kikyou would certainly never do the same. Her motivations in this regard are complex and even conflicting, which contributes to the wholeness of her character.
my answer : i think that u have made a big point here man thanx for killing some time for me ^_^'
7. Episode 98.
Whereas Kikyou serves as a point of angst, Kagome acts as a point of hope. Kagome does not surrender, and will keep fighting for what she believes is right, despite her personal desires and wants. Kikyou is self-centered - I will not split hairs on this point.
My answer : Very very self centered
All right, that is my argument. Please respond however your personal beliefs tell you to.
Salute! My answer : Oi!

yes i like kagome the best and this essay thingy u made was great

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

kagome kagome kagome!! lol kikyo can go die... well die again i guess. what is she anyways? i hope that she is gone from the series forever. i cant stand her little episodes of "i love you inuyasha so i want to kill you" hmmm tough love i guess ~_~;

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

Kagome!

Magically Delicious, yo.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i like kikiyo =3 i always had a thing for tragic characters

I love Kikyo!!! Dead girls are hot!!!

" A wise falcon hides its talons. "

-Flonne

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Quote by ForsakenDreamsI love Kikyo!!! Dead girls are hot!!!

^_^' If that is what you prefer... Thank you to everyone who has thus far responded to my thread. I greatly appreciate that you Kikyou fans took the time to respond to my points in a serious and polite manner, especially Grifstar-san. I respect your opnions and am glad that you also respect mine.
Oh, and it was also nice to know that the series is drawing to a close. Anyone want to hazard guesses on the final smackdown?

Salute!

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.