Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 There's a hacker on MT? - Minitokyo

There's a hacker on MT?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by EternalParadoxTwo nights ago all the Elite Members were temporarily banned from the site due to the "hacker." The current problem with the avatars, signatures, thumbnails, and site appearance in general may or may not be due to said "hacker."
To all other members, please use this thread to post any problems you think may be due to the hacker. Pleaes do not needlessly start new threads on this issue.

Thank you, EternalParadox, for the update! =^_^=

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

nekosasu, refrain from posting images with obscene language. Please remove that picture. We do not need people to start flaming in the forums.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by nekosasu:3 i so love posting flame images on idiots... blah anyways
There is NO hacker on MT just KEEP quiet!
only the images servers are down, allright? This is NOT the first time it happens so please HAVE SOME PATIENCE

EternalParadox gave a hacker scenario. It's not just the galleries being down, which, contrary to your idiot assumption, I understand go down.

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

only the images servers are down, allright? This is NOT the first time
it happens so please HAVE SOME PATIENCE

Despite managing to sound moroni- I mean, childish- he does have a good point. We should all just calm down and wait for the moderators to sort things out...

Quote by Shkiraa mod can post to all in one thread aside from many individual gb/pm posts. This
isn't more convenient? O_o

If someone has done something to the site, most likely, Sheqel well make a pinned thread in the news section.

Quote by trinigirl524theres a frikin hacker doing all this?
gosh well this sucks, but surely he/she will be caught and banned

oh look, this thread is causing hysteria :o

Quote by Shkira

Quote by EternalParadoxTwo nights ago all the Elite Members were
temporarily banned from the site due to the "hacker." The current
problem with the avatars, signatures, thumbnails, and site appearance
in general may or may not be due to said "hacker."
To all other members, please use this thread to post any problems you
think may be due to the hacker. Pleaes do not needlessly start new
threads on this issue.

Thank you, EternalParadox, for the
update! =^_^=

thats not really an update, the advice he gave was common sense >_>. The stuff about members being banned was probably witheld because people would think "ZOMG SOMEONE ARE HAX0RZ!!11!" and OMG, guess what people are thinking now?!?! >_>

Websites have glitches, no biggy. If that incident a few days ago didn't even happen , you guys wouldn't even be considering hacking and this would just be another downtime. So rather than starting a thread about a possible hacker, the smartest thing would've been to make a thread like "MT Glitches : Possible Causes"

Having that said, STOP JUMPNG TO CONCLUSIONS OR FLAMING A NON-EXISTANT HACKER... its like blaming the sun for cancer, not 100% certain thats that the cause and most likely something else was >_>

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

nekosasu

nekosasu

chibi ningen no baka ~desu

Quote by MinatoDespite managing to sound moroni- I mean, childish- he does have a good point. We should all just calm down and wait for the moderators to sort things out...

Someone who understands me ^^
Good, now let's be serious. Acting all shitty was only to draw the attention (yet again) on the fact that there is no hacker on this website, unless the mods do an official announcement about this matter. So, there was NO reason at all to post this in the suggestion forum, it'd rather have been more appropriate to put this thread into the Spam Lounge, there it wouldn't have mattered this much. Understood? Good, now let's all be happy again. The least that MT would have needed now was a hysteria and panic wave based on some random assumption, because most users already are quite brought up by the new 10-fav rule, etc etc.

EternalParadox, don't get me wrong. You sure cared about my flaming pic (my bad), but not about the real meaning of it all. Read what I just wrote now, you'll hopefully understand. Anyways, I hope everyone calmed down now. Keep genki!
~neko

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

Thankfully, nekosasu was right about the image problems...everything appears to be fine now.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Quote by nekosasuEternalParadox, don't get me wrong. You sure cared about my flaming pic
(my bad), but not about the real meaning of it all. Read what I just
wrote now, you'll hopefully understand. ~neko

I do not quite get what you're saying. I merely provided the current information available to us Elite Members. I did edit my post to note that there is no confirmed hacker attack. *points at my post above.* And as far as I'm concerned right now, I personally am not experiencing any of the said "hacker caused image problems"; the site works perfectly fine for me. Maybe I'm just special. =P

The reason I posted my second post is simply to inform you that you should refrain from posting these pictures with obscene language in it. No other intentions intended. *hmm, that last phrase sounds so redundant. lol*

EternalParadox

hytokiri

hytokiri

Drown your lungs in blackness

only the images servers are down, allright? This is NOT the first time
it happens so please HAVE SOME PATIENCE

Quote by MinatoDespite managing to sound moroni- I mean, childish- he does have a good point. We should all just calm down and wait for the moderators to sort things out...

Quote by Chopstickz thats not really an update, the advice he gave was common sense smiley. The stuff about members being banned was probably witheld because people would think "zomg someone ARE hax0rz mt!!11!" which seems to have happened smiley

Websites have glitches, no biggy. If that incident a few days ago didn't even happen , you guys wouldn't even be considering hacking and this would just be another downtime. So rather than starting a thread about a possible hacker, the smartest thing would've been to make a thread like "MT Glitches : Possible Causes"

Having that said, STOP jumping TO conclusions OR flaming A non-existant hacker... its like blaming the sun for cancer, not 100% certain thats that the cause and most likely something else was smiley

This is right, we all should calm down, this is probably downtime on MT like Chopstickz said, let's just wait, to see how things will go.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Thread was posted here for the Complaints aspect tagged after Suggestions. Actually first topic of it's sort I've started since I usually just wait things out and have them blow past.

What I saw on the site (original message posts about a hacker, not images being down) made me curious, and I sought an answer. Not personal attacks and assumptions on intentions.

Well, have I learned a lesson today! -_-

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

All this talk about hackers in nonsense. If there was a hacker, there would be "hacker WUZ here" on all kinds of images, etc. ...They would have made their presence known. It's not like this is a CIA server, and they're doing it to nab secrets... ...mt would be for stature. "look what I did!". ...And I'm sure you'll all agree. ...Noone's accomplished anything. ...At least nothing visible.

I've heard enough of people insulting hackers on CNN *hates*, Rune Scape *hasn't played in more then half a year*, Counter Strike *sucks at*, and all over the place. I would have excepted better from MT. Those damn crackers always give hackers a bad name and all you people can do is make it worse.

Quote: Hacker, noun: A person who enjoys exploring the details of
programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as
opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum
necessary.

Quote: Cracker, noun: An individual who attempts to gain unauthorised
access to a computer system. These individuals are often
malicious and have many means at their disposal for breaking
into a system. The term was coined ca. 1985 by hackers in
defence against journalistic misuse of "hacker". An earlier
attempt to establish "worm" in this sense around 1981--82 on
Usenet was largely a failure.

Your people are evil. Even crackers are better then you people. And if there is a cracker on MiniTokyo and he/she reads this then you should be disgusted with yourself for attacking a poor little anime site and reinforcing their misuse of the term.

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

becareful of what you are getting yourself into, sometimes if you find the truth, the truth will bite you<rawr>

-boojitsu

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

There IS A HACKER. End of subject.

Alfonse

Alfonse

MugenGlider

Excuse me, but if there is no "hacker", then why did my status change from Member to Elite Memeber? And can you tell me how to change my status back to normal?

'Signature Image'
My Latest: Oscar
My Original:Almighty Power

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Quote by MinatoAll of the avatars and signatures have just disappeared, as well as the background image...is this happening to anyone else?

Yes..I remeber. Yesterday, I couldn't see the walls, avatars and sigs. The background image on the site and on my userpage wasn't showing either..I hope these are just problems because of MT turning into MT3..If it isn't, I hope the hacker stops soon..I don't think I'll find another site like this..

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

I don't know!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

Satsugai

Satsugai

Primula's Personal Worshiper

i have confidence MT will solve this problem =P

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Quote by biriwilgThere is no hacker. End of subject.

That pretty much said it all. :)

EternalParadox

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by BorisGrishenkoAny sizeable more-or-less-open-membership forum will have its share of asshats.

Agreed, it's not anything to worry about.

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Quote by LJ23 (<-This guy is cool, add him to FL)Whoa, MT's getting pwned? Hopefully this clears up. I wanna browse the galleries again.

:Laughing Man symbol appears in sky: That's my call! It's time to pwn the pwner! But how? And where to start? I'm gonna need mad back-up. nypd, lapd, FBI, CIA, National Guard whatever the hell I can get!

Quote by biriwilg There is no hacker. End of subject.

How do you know? I have proof! You wanna know what it is. I'll give you a hint. Have you seen Sheqel lately? He's been hacked. He was switched to banned member. He might still be banned. Who's next? We can't tell. We don't know so we have to make sure no one is hit. Next time it could be worse, it could be someone more important! That's not right. Saying there is no hacker.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

^ Points to my post. pl0z don't insult hackers... Hacker = Good, Cracker = Bad...

kai81220

kai81220

anti Nobunaga

this thread should be closed. like nekosasu said, thumbs HAVE been down before but its unfortunate that you havent been around here long ehough to actually KNOW that

Quote by biriwilg
There is no hacker. End of subject.

don't be a noob and start these kinda threads -___-''

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Please if there was a hacker or cracker or whatever the heck you want to call it MT would have been hit much much harder. Threads deleted entire gallery sections deleted. Members would have had their pages screwed with. Please give me a bloody brake. I've seen forums hacked this was no hacking. It's called glitches just like that stupid -1 notification thing

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.