Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 non black rap? - Minitokyo

non black rap?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Who thinks non african americans cant rap? for asians, I think as long as they stay away from english (as long as they are good in english) they can rap - like LMF, Jin (well hes amercian/canto but hes still good)
but i dont think white people are good rappers (eminem is an exception)
so what do you think about non african american rap?

aiya.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

They sure are really good!

For example, our native rappers here in the Philippines! Francis Magalona, Denmark, and many more rappers here are really good and their raps have meanings and is not senseless...

Our native language or even English, as long as it has words, they can rap it!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

most them are real good there's this chinese rapper (forgot his name) who's very good and eminem however some of them are just dumb wannabes (eg. john cena no offense to cena fans but i think he should stick to wrestling)

Signature

there are these aussie wannabe rappers - Joel Turner, he didnt even make top 20 in aus idol why does he get his own beat boxing idol sub section thingo?!!?!? and Anthony Mundine stick to boxing, or nrl ... he should just keep his day job

aiya.

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

Depends what you mean by rap. If you mean the whole 'talking to a beat' rap where they don't really rap, no. There aren't many good black ones either, but non-black men don't often have deep enough voices to sound good doing it. But if you mean rapping in it's original sense, the whole fast-talking thing, sure, there's plenty.

Yey !! I agree with you schimke.

Sometimes it's so hard to see The good things passing by
There may never be a sign No flashing neon light
Telling you to make you move Or when the time is right

So why not Take a crazy chance
Why not Do a crazy dance
If you lose a moment You might lose a lot
So.....Why not Why not....

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I support Tagalog Rap all the way. And for that black son of a b*tch that says "there's no such thing as Philippine rap", well he can go to hell along with his Dongalog Boys.

I'm not particularly fond of US rap especially those that says "i got lots of money, i have lotsa women..." yada yada yada....

Asian hiphop is by far more respectable than the US hiphop industry.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulitoI support Tagalog Rap all the way. And for that black son of a b*tch that says "there's no such thing as Philippine rap", well he can go to hell along with his Dongalog Boys.
I'm not particularly fond of US rap especially those that says "i got lots of money, i have lotsa women..." yada yada yada....
Asian hiphop is by far more respectable than the US hiphop industry.

Ooooh... "Hail Great 'Ol Jak!"

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Color isn't important. All rap sucks equally.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by FeelgoodColor isn't important. All rap sucks equally.

Color isn't important. All rap-haters suck equally.

Signature

Quote by jakulito

Color isn't important. All rap-haters suck equally.

Any type of music that promotes such stupidity in grammar and linguistics has no right to exist. Your signature proves that. You guys are going to grow up and realize that you've been wasting your youth on vocal excrement.

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Color isn't important, all people that that limit themselves to thinking of stereotypes suck more or less equally.

Sure non-black rap is really good! Alot of my favorite hip-hop artists arn't africian american. Eg, 1200_Techniques, The Streets, Hilltop Hoods and The Beastie Boys. Most of the hip-hop I like to listen to is Australian. I'm not a fan of gansta rap, or much of anything like it. As far as black rappers go, Jurassic 5 pwn. ^^

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Eminem-point-l-poster.jpg
'nuff said. :D

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

Quote by breadcrust

Quote by FeelgoodColor isn't important. All rap sucks
equally.

Color isn't important, all people that that limit
themselves to thinking of stereotypes suck more or less equally.

Rap isn't a stereotype. It's a musical style, fool.

i don't think so....

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by Feelgood

Quote by breadcrustColor isn't important, all people that that limit
themselves to thinking of stereotypes suck more or less equally.

Rap isn't a stereotype. It's a musical style, fool.

Your idea of rap is a stereotype. Wake up and get a clue, not all hip-hop is like that, just the stuff you hear on the radio all too much.

Quote by Black Eyed Peas - Cali To New YorkCheck it out, you see you other emcees, sound like brother emcees
Raised by the same pop and mother emcees
While I got a lot of brand in my name, I'm recognizable
Leavin me the cash amount, that's quite sizable
Rich in that english that's broke as hell
That's why my niggaz in the hood understand me so well*
Its the modern rap type talk
used to walk, all over your ears
You hear the thump, this track pumps like, well order
Some others fell short of the line of finish
You didn't practice harder at the scrimmage
Now my image is the golden cup
My career is dirty compared to yours, it's all washed up

* In case you cant figure it out, that line is sarcastic.

Quote by undeadsymphony[pic of eminem]
'nuff said. :D

lol, he looks like he is missing a couple of fingers. To me, Eminem is just a black gansta rapper wannabe. Its hard for me to have any respect for him after this little incident with Moby:

Quote by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby In 2001 Moby also earned the ire of Eminem after calling his music misogynist and homophobic; Eminem later satirized Moby (among others) in "Without Me," calling him a "fag" and questioning his relevance with the claim, "Nobody listens to techno!" The two were in a confrontation at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards, though Moby expresses respect for Eminem's musical talents.

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by breadcrustlol, he looks like he is missing a couple of fingers. To me, Eminem is just a black gansta rapper wannabe. Its hard for me to have any respect for him after this little incident with Moby:

Quote by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby In 2001 Moby also earned the ire of Eminem after calling his music misogynist and homophobic; Eminem later satirized Moby (among others) in "Without Me," calling him a "fag" and questioning his relevance with the claim, "Nobody listens to techno!" The two were in a confrontation at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards, though Moby expresses respect for Eminem's musical talents.

eh, well eminem disses on everybody. he doesn't really seem to care who it is or why.

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

I use to like rap. I know what it sounds like. Music can only be stretched so far before it leaves its genre. Rap consists of rapping. Rapping consists of rhyming words used melodically. Let's ask the dictionary to be sure.

"Beat-driven rhymes of an often improvisatory nature."

Search Dictionary.com for "Rap" if you don't believe me. Rap has a sound. A sound that I dislike to a degree. If there was a rap that would sound like rock, I might like it. But that wouldn't be rap, would it?

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Okay, you dont like it?, that's fine, and it's all you needed to say in the first place.

I did. But at least you're logical about it. I'd like to give you a cyber bow for being coherent.

Beautiful5oul

Beautiful5oul

Asphyxiated.

depening on da experience
eminem can rap gud cuz hes been doin dat since like around 5

You said we were all an accident,
with Accidents you'll never know,
What could have been.
But you you'll always be my favorite one.

Graverobber

Graverobber

Heart of Darkness

Quote by breadcrust

Color isn't important, all people that that limit themselves to thinking of stereotypes suck more or less equally.
Sure non-black rap is really good! Alot of my favorite hip-hop artists arn't africian american. Eg, 1200_Techniques, The Streets, Hilltop Hoods and The Beastie Boys. Most of the hip-hop I like to listen to is Australian. I'm not a fan of gansta rap, or much of anything like it. As far as black rappers go, Jurassic 5 pwn. ^^

Thank you for mentioning the Beastie Boys. I thought they were going to pass by unnoticed in this thread.

The Beasty Boys are the only consistantly good white rap group. THe Streets will disappear soon, if they haven't already, and Emenem is rap's equivilent of Elvis.

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

Eminem rap's equivilent of Elvis? You have a valid point, but I think you're going a bit too far. Sure, he's the popular white boy using the blacks' singing style, but he's not a phenomenon like Elvis was. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be fanatically imitated the world over after his death, or have people convinced he's still alive. The position is similar, but the popularity differential is too great to say 'equivilent.'

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.