Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My friend was banned or warned: your last stop is here - Minitokyo

My friend was banned or warned: your last stop is here

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Be sure to read this post thoroughly before even thinking of posting here

Very well, Marissa, Jasmine and I decided it was the case of posting this thread. As some of you may know, we are the ones banning the most members, simply because we're the ones processing the most reports.
And this means that:
1) Our guestbooks are full of insults and complaints
2) We receive a lot of private messages begging for unbanning this or that member
3) We sometimes have to put up with begs on aim or msn as well.

Now, frankly this is not acceptable. We have our lives and moderate MT out of passion. As such we decided to post this thread.

If you know someone who was banned or warned, and you think that it was an excessive punishment (for whatever reason) you can post here, asking us to reconsider it (if you are the one warned, you can post here, but you must still follow all the things said in this post). However, due to the nature of this thread, there are some STRICT regulations regarding it. Read all the points below

About the policy of Minitokyo

The policy of Minitokyo is equal for everyone. The policy applies equally to EVERY member, from gallery directors to restricted members. Every member will receive 2 warnings before being banned, except in case of extreme crimes (such as massive spamming or insulting, or posting extremely questionable and illegal material). And we often (depending on the circumstances) settle for a softer punishment, unless the ban is deserved.
Here follow some of the most common ways to get a warning (this is not a complete list):
- Ripping a wallpaper, a doujinshi, or part of a wallpaper or doujinshi
- Multiple resubmission of deleted material without the express permission of a gallery director
- Spamming
- Posting insults, and generally harassing other members
- Any other kind of questionable behaviour (for example, racism).
Warnings serve us moderators to keep track of a member status. That is why we write them.

We do not enjoy warning. We do not enjoy banning. We merely follow the policy in deciding what to do in each case. Yes, we can make mistakes, but it's not frequent.

What will not be tolerated in this thread
This is a thread were you can ask for the removal of bans and warnings if you think that they were underserved. As such, we have to set up strict regulations.

- From now on every private message, guestbook post or person contacting us on AIM or MSN will be redirected here. If you persist in pestering us in those ways, you'll be ignored (and eventually dealt with if you really cannot shut up).
- Post only if you have something meaningful and useful to say. Any other post will be ignored and deleted, and if you persist, you will be dealt with accordingly. Posts not regarding to the topic at hand will be deleted on the spot. Since this is a sort of service thread, if an argument degenerates in a war, all the posts regarding that will be deleted and the members (if necessary) dealt with.
- If you cannot write in a civil way, then avoid posting here. Any post using rude or insulting tones will be deleted on the spot, and (eventually) the offending member will be dealt with
- Don't bother saying something: but I have to discuss it privately. If you cannot post it here, where everyone can read, then it's not worth being heard.
- This thread is not a thread where you can post in order to gain the pity of others. Members trying to rack in the pity of other members will be dealt with accordingly.

How this thread works

It is quite simple indeed. If you received a warning and you think you did not deserve it, or if a friend of yours was banned, and you think it was too harsh, then you can post here. Post only if you have something meaningful to say. Read above for more tips on this. Only rational arguments and civil words will be listened to.
Saying: but I/He/She didn't know is not a valid argument because every member is expected to read and know the policy and FAQ
Saying: but I/He/She is a really nice person, and has lot of friends is not a valid argument

Explain us, in a rational way, why it was undeserved and/or too harsh. The more detailed and rational you are, the better. For example, if one of your wallpapers was deleted for ripping but you actually did it, tell us so and be ready to send us proof. Use only this thread. Creating other threads will greatly hinder your chances of being listened to.

For members petitioning for warning removal: if the petition is deemed just, the warning will be removed. Warnings are essential for us to know what a member did or did not, so refrain form asking us to remove because 'it is embarrassing' or other meaningless reasons. Only petition for removal if the warning was unjust.

For members asking for unbanning: if your arguments are considered sound, we will discuss about it. If we decide you are right, said member status will be set to restricted status for a probation period of undefined length (it is up to us. And in exceptional cases, such member might even be moved back to normal member immediately)

NOTE
If you are asking for a friend to be unbanned, spamming this thread with a lot of posts is only likely to get us angry. Even if 100 of you post asking for said member to be unbanned, but we decide not to, you'll only irritate us.

Keltosh
Jasmine
Marissa

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Greetings Keltosh-kun. I was the one who contacted Jasmine-chan about this matter although i knew the consequences. I'm sorry to cause so much trouble over such a thing.
First of all i want to thank you for even considering this and listening to us. As you can see i'm not a high level member of MT but i met member s9031496c (namie-chan) LV 66 and she supported me throughout MT and became one of my best friends here, when i saw she was band i was wondering why and then i saw the reason. I never thought she would do such a thing i thought it was a mistake so i got in contact with Jasmine. It stupid of me to beg you coz thats only pathetic but i said to jasmine-chan that if there is a one chance to get namie back i'm for it. You probably saw the thread that others made about her and to tell you the truth i was surprised. I saw now the rules and the number of her friends isnt a factor but i would like for you to reconsider. I think that Namie is one of ppl that inspired many people her on MT, including me. I know she did a bad thing but we talked for hours and we decided that if you let her in again shes not gonna copy again. I dont like when people are doing that and i think no one of us like pirating. If you ask me I think she'll be too scared to submit anything next time :D. She means a lot to us and i think if you'd met her you would feel the same way. We all have lives outside this forum, yes, some people think of you mods as somekind of machines, there are always complains on your work, but i dont wanna complain, i just wanna ask to bring us our friend back, i just met Jasmine-chan and shes a nice and kind person even if she doesnt want to admit, and i'm sure that YOU are NOT a machine you're a person like us, and you're only doing your "job"... Yeah she was wrong i admit it but still... If you have terms for bringing her back i will glady answer... What do you say, Keltosh-kun?

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I am indeed only a human being. A student at that. And a member of this community.
Like all human beings, I do mistakes sometimes, and I have problems. Some are big, other are not.
s9031496c did something against the rules of this community, and as such was banned. Now let us consider the fact carefully.

This community has rules because else it could not work. Specifically, it has requirements on quality of the material submitted, and it has rules to make sure that our site does not infringe the rights of other individuals.

If you stop and think about it, it is the same in real life. You are a member of a community (your nation) that has rules (the laws) and you cannot break them or you will get punished. If you were to go and raze a supermarket, you would be judged for that. And claiming you did not know the law would not help you. On the other hand, since you HAVE to know the law, actually knowing something is forbidden makes your position worse.

Now, in the wallpaper community, ripping off other people works is the worst possible crime submission-wise. There is no doubt about that.

Now let us consider carefully the history of s9031496c.

The first warning she got was from Jasmine, for ripping. That is not unusual, many new members get warned for ripping. Still this doesn't make it better. There is a policy in this site and so you should read it. It's like that in every community, be it virtual on in the real world. Not knowing the laws od your nation won't save you from being prosecuted.
But anyway here on minitokyo you can get warned twice before being banned, since we understand that some people might not read it at first.

The second and third warning were from Marissa, for resizing/enlarging scans and then posting them. These are still warnings and can get you banned, though I'll admit they are not as serious as ripping. Still Marissa didn't see Jasmine's warning, cause it was buried in the guestbook, and so didn't ban her.

Then, I came and asked her to check before uploading scans because she was posting a lot of doubles, while putting them in the right category. Which means she wasn't checking for doubles....

Then after some days I came back to warn her because she hadn't slowed down in posting duplicates. But I decided to check the guestbook, and so found all those warnings.
It was my right AND my duty to ban her then, cause she had 3 warnings already. But I decided to simply tell her that she was walking on a fine line, and you can see my post in her guestbook. I said that all things considered, she had the equivalent of 2 warnings. And she sent me a pm thanking me for not having banned her and saying she would be more careful.

And then, she ripped a wallpaper from Nat, an great waller, deleted the signature and posted it as a scan. And so Jasmine banned her. Now, let us consider this specifical thing

1) She knew that ripping is wrong. In fact, she had already received a warning from jasmine and a reminder from me. This actually worsen her position since she specifically knew and was asked not to do it again.
2) She had no real reason to do that. The fact in itself is absolutely impossible to explain. Unless.. she wanted to level up. This is the only reason I can think of. She has a high level, she has a lot of friends. She honestly has no REASON to post more scans, and absolutely no reason to rip a wallpaper and post it.

As for her having many friends, as we said in the very first paragraph, the law is equal for everyone, and MUST be equal for everyone.Think of real life again. Laws are respected only because everyone must obey them.

Now, I understand that she is your friend, and so you are trying to defend her. This is not a bad thing in itself, but if a friend of your stole something in real life, he would go to prison regardless of having many or few friends.

You might say that we're only talking about wallpapers here, and I agree the fact is not as serious as crimes in real life of course. But the principle is the same. If I were to unban her based only on her number of friends, wouldn't that be unfair towrds someone who was banned and had few friends? Does the fact that she has many friends make what she did less worng? And who would be the next exception? Someone I know? Someone who made a wallpaper I really like? Someone who could do a favor to me in exchange for not being banned?

That is why, ultimately, she was banned despite having many friends. She broke the rules of Minitokyo multiple times, and last time in a way that is impossible to justify.
I'm not saying that this case is closed, only that it is almost closed. If you wish to see her unbanned, you need to explain me why she did that in a rational way, and why she should be unbanned, considering all I wrote above of the laws being equal for everyone.

Once again, I'm sorry, I understand your position perfectly. But I'm just doing my job here

NOTE: as for that thread, I understand it was written due to frustration of some of her friends and as such I'll simply leave it be. However, as a side note, members should take care to know the facts before going there and posting mindlessly...

Signature

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

People need to remember that MT is not a day job...people have lives....
I understand what keltosh wrote. Though, I think you must see MT as a small 3rd world country:
people asking for demands...some just and some ridicoulus but overall; you must find some kind of order to maintain everyone either happy...or under control nyo ^^;
other than that, you do a good job being a mod...pray that anarchy doesn't breaks off @ MT ^^;

-------
EDIT:
would you think that MT would had existed if there wasn't anyone who controled things? (and before people start posting bad things, i'm talking about mods, not dictators or kings)

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Quote by keltoshI am indeed only a human being. A student at that. And a member of this communityLike all human beings, I do mistakes sometimes, and I have problems. Some are big, other are not.
s9031496c did something against the rules of this community, and as such was banned. Now let us consider the fact carefully.

This community has rules because else it could not work. Specifically, it has requirements on quality of the material submitted, and it has rules to make sure that our site does not infringe the rights of other individuals.

If you stop and think about it, it is the same in real life. You are a member of a community (your nation) that has rules (the laws) and you cannot break them or you will get punished. If you were to go and raze a supermarket, you would be judged for that. And claiming you did not know the law would not help you. On the other hand, since you HAVE to know the law, actually knowing something is forbidden makes your position worse.

Now, in the wallpaper community, ripping off other people works is the worst possible crime submission-wise. There is no doubt about that..

I agree that Minitokyo is like a city to me and to everyone here and i agree that it needs to have rules that i gladly obey. Marrisa deleted cupple of my walls but i wasnt mad... I saw your guestbook and saw that there are many people who were angry at you and called you names and stuff, i never did that, and coz of that i think i deserve to be listened like this. I dont want conflict i only wish to talk to you as a human being regardles of our difference in current MT level... I really dont know what got into her when i saw your report on her guestbook but i feel like i need to blame myself (you can see in my signature that i think coz of my lack of effort there is no air in space). If she told me earlier i would stop her but now it seems it is too late so i have to act like this and asking for your approval. I also agree that if you dont know the law its not gonna help you coz you HAVE to know the law and not knowing is not a good defence and if i were on your place i think, no, I"M SURE that i would act as you do right now... :sweat:

Quote by keltoshAnd then, she ripped a wallpaper from Nat, an great waller, deleted the signature and posted it as a scan. And so Jasmine banned her. Now, let us consider this specifical thing
1) She knew that ripping is wrong. In fact, she had already received a warning from jasmine and a reminder from me. This actually worsen her position since she specifically knew and was asked not to do it again.
2) She had no real reason to do that. The fact in itself is absolutely impossible to explain. Unless.. she wanted to level up. This is the only reason I can think of. She has a high level, she has a lot of friends. She honestly has no reason to post more scans, and absolutely no reason to rip a wallpaper and post it.

Yes she did that i guess but she said to me that she saw loads of people doing that and she thought that it was ok to do it. She did read the rules but the poeple who were doing that have not been punished so i guess she thought it was ok for her to do that also...
I also dont know why would she submit anything when she has a high level... I was wondering the same thing. To level up any more is kinda pointless since you gotta have lvl35 and be cool and she was 66... I'm lvl 22 and not a very good wall maker so i really dont know what to say... -_-

Quote by keltoshAs for her having many friends, as we said in the very first paragraph, the law is equal for everyone, and MUST be equal for everyone.Think of real life again. Laws are respected only because everyone must obey them.
Now, I understand that she is your friend, and so you are trying to defend her. This is not a bad thing in itself, but if a friend of your stole something in real life, he would go to prison regardless of having many or few friends.

If I were to unban her based only on her number of friends, wouldn't that be unfair towrds someone who was banned and had few friends? Does the fact that she has many friends make what she did less worng? And who would be the next exception? Someone I know? Someone who made a wallpaper I really like? Someone who could do a favor to me in exchange for not being banned?

Once again i agree the law MUST be equal to everyone but i'd like to say that i'm sure you get A LOT of PMs about namie to get her back, That is because she didnt make usdo this, she did not even ask us to do that (u can have my word on that) the members decided to do it themselves. They made threads and even insulted you mods, i wanted to speak with you personally about this matter in a civilized way. You also said about banned members that didnt have friends... Well the thing is if you look at namies friends they are all trying to defend her and get her back in one way or another... I really dont know other cases of banning members but i think she deserves a second chance ( a chance you dont have to immedietly give her all the privilages) because she promised me that she wont do it again and as i said "she will probably be too scared or ashamed to submit anything"...
If there are so many people who support her and wanting to get her back doesnt that mean that she, not deserves, but only should get a second chance coz of other members?
If she has so many friends who support her and wanting to get her back doesnt that tell you how great person she is even if that is not a factor of her unbanning?
There are a lot of people who have you, keltosh, on their friend list but never really talk to you, so i guess that dont make you friends. You have created a list of people on your friend list only the ones that you really know and so did she and she stays in touch with all of them and this is the result: The people are hurrasing you, giving you names, sending you PM and writing unpleasent stuff in your guestbooks... I dont want to do that... I just want to find a peaceful way to bring her back...

Quote by keltoshOnce again, I'm sorry, I understand your position perfectly. But I'm just doing my job here

Yes and as i said i respect that from the depths of my heart and understand YOUR position completly i would act the same as you. I really dont know why she did it... Maybe coz of her high level she thought that she should submit posts and scans and wallpapers... I really dont know what high level members do coz i'm not in that position... But i assure you that if she comes back there will be no mistakes and she will be more careful in the future. She has touched the fire and shes not gonna touch it again... But listen her out this is her e-mail:

Quote by s9031496c NAMIEGreetings Sir and ladies,
Its really an honour speaking to you now.I just wanna say from the bottom of my heart that I'm really very sorrie that I have done those mistakes that you mentioned. Really I hope that you'll forgive me. I'm so sorrie that I have cause this trouble! These are the following reasons I submit the the last submission, a wall.
1) I seriously didn't know you can't submit a wallpaper as scans, seein many others do that in MT.
2) I really don't know that the wll belongs to an MT member, named Nat. I just gewt that info from Jas yesterday, and was shocked to death!!! I've already wrote her a personal letter via hotmail through her hotmail address that Jasmine gave me. And I'm so thankful she forgive me!
I know this is my 4th warning...and i've learn from the mistakes I made sayin that you can't submit doubles.the rippin of wall too which is my first offence. Really I though at first you can submit walls, whether its yours or not to MT! I admit i didn't bother readin the policy!
First offence. Second offence......submittin doubles, twice.thats cause I never check the gallery...but I did browse through. Guess I never covers everything though.....I'm so sorrie for that*pleads*The third offence is submittin enlarge scans. I thought you can enlarge a scan n submit it....(never read policy..sorry but i didn't do it again already)
The fourth ffence is submitting this wall that I reall don't know belongs to Nat or Ningen as Jasmine call her, which is also an MT member(i don't have any ideat she is) Furthermore, I thought you can submit a wall as scan seein most ppl on MT do that.
I'm really ahmed and also sorrie I did these offences! Please at least forgive me for my friends' sakes.They really want me back there to support them! I'm really sorry if they have bother you by makin threads and post bout my banning which unsatisfies you.....
My friends in Mt are the world to me. Please give me a second chance. I would not made the same mistakes ever again. Marked my words. I have learn from my lesson and that is not submittin walls not belongin to you as scans or even walls. No double postings, must check the whole gallery b4 posting scans! Thirdly, no enlarging scans! I've keep all this in my mind now. I'll ensure you,I'll never do it again.....ease take me back*pleads* Its all up to you mods but its okay if I'm not back at MT, I'm still happie if you guys can forgive my sins in MT^^

Well I really wish you moderrators and administrator happy and well always!!!! I really hope I can see you all again!
Yours Sincerely, Namie

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

thedarkness

why do my life turn out like thi

hey
i need you to ban me. i mean it. i don't want to stay here. i need you to close my account. this is life and dead. so please close my account.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by thedarknesshey
i need you to ban me. i mean it. i don't want to stay here. i need you
to close my account. this is life and dead. so please close my account.

Said member posted all over asking to have his account closed, and submitted a submission inquiry about that. Since he himself wants to be banned, he is now banned. Just let me state that you're really really strange... I can't understand this at all. but if you want it.. it's your account.

As for the other posts, I deleted them since they're not pertinent to the topic at hand.

As for your post Mrchack, I'm checking some things. I'll answer later, most likely tuesday, since I have no time up to then

Signature

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Hi Keltosh,

I would like to discuss about some things you said in your first and second posts if I am in the right place and in the right to do so (that I think I am).

I will not criticize the rules because I think it is not really the current subject and therefore you have no power to change them as you did not make them (if what I think is true and as you said you are here only to make people to be respectful to the MT rules). No words here will be wrote to hurt you and this in any way, as I just want to make things clearer to me.

The first thing I would like to understand is why you post in guestbooks ? Well I know that people need to be warned that they have been... warned. And for inquisitors too (can I use this name to designate the job you are doing and with which you labeled your avatar ? ).

But could not you make people aware of your decisions in another way like PM as you used them to discuss about Technical Inquiries ? What I want to say is that as you said you are bored to have injuries, bad comments etc in your guestbook that is quite understandable, why people should have some comments like the warns in their guestbook that sould ever be a book for people who want to let a word for thanks or graceful ?

Is it the only way to know for inquisitors if this or that people was warned before ?

i was warned for the first time since I have been on MT a week ago (about a year now even if I changed my account due to technical problems as bad mail/password modifications) by your wrote in my guestbook. I will not argue about that because I am not here to contest this warn. In first, I did not understand why you made me a comment like this and moreover after having spent hours on my work but friends (thanks Zellie) explained me the way we can have such warns. Now I have understand the reason but I think that ...

... the rules of MT, and especially the things we should be aware of, should be clearer, more accessible, more simple and easier to understand. MT should have a special and precise FAQ for deleted wallpapers reasons and why not warns or bans. I am reading the current FAQ to be sure that what I am saying is not stupid and what I can say is that the FAQ is sometimes unprecise or not easy to understand. Maybe it is me, due to english comprehension or other things, maybe not. Maybe a lot of people does not really understand all the rules and the reasons why they are warn or have their wallpapers deleted.

I know that MT community is growing up every day and that rules are so easy to be pointed out because they have never been so much applied before (it is what think heh, maybe you will not agree with me but this is what I think :) ).

Well this point is now over, and I will be pleased if you would like, to read what you think about or why there is no other ways to warn people from their guestbook and if you really think that MT rules are the best even made because only stupid people could not understand them as they are the clearer as we could do. I know, you are not the one who made them, and be sure I am not shouting at you for this matter. I just want to discuss about.

Another matter that I can not find any response about : when you have been warned, will it be for ages ? Or will one day end ? What I mean is that is there any time to have a warn to be removed ? For example, after a month without infringements (I am not sure this is the right word), a warn could be removed, couldn't it ?

The last thing I would understand is.. about walls/scans :

You know, scans are uploaded, scans and scans... scans and scans and more and more.. So easy to gain levels in this way. I have never uploaded scans because I consider them as not my work. But it seems to me more easy to post scans and scans that our work. People never put credits to the authors of scans, well maybe sometimes but rarely. And so on I will still think that this is not a good way to make uploads because not a own work.
If I am true the reasons for uploading scans is to allow people to make some walls with. But the rules you bitterly defend have at this point a limitation : where is the real creation ? I am NOT sure that people who upload scans have the right to, have the credits for, that the autor gave his permission.
Why to discuss about it here ? Because it can make us warns or bans, so I think this matter is in the right place, isn't it ?
I know that if people would always make their work from scratch (without any scans), MT images database will not be such expanded as it is our days. In this way, I would rather see than make wallpapers if it were a rule since I know how made some from scratch.
Anyway, how much people do you think made their background from scratch ? Finally I have started to think that more and more people just upload some fusionned layers as I have learned the way the most do it. For me, it is as bad as rip ; for the initial backgrounds, have authors been awared of ?
The reason that I am discussing about is that you have warned me for having used a parcel of an existent background. OK, I now understand why.. but sometimes I feel injustice since I think about this matter you make me to consider. Where is the difference between ripping a wallpaper out of MT and in MT ? Even if some effects are done, beautiful, powerful, what you want, it is still the same act that if it was done with a MT background, doesn't it ?
You know I can understand that rules and rip MUST or MUST NOT followed but we can not tolerate something if the thing similar is not.

For this I would like your thoughts, and if you want I will reply by PM if you'd prefer, by MSN, mail that is not the matter. But I want to know where is the difference because for me there is none :) Another time, I know you just follow the rules but there is sometimes things that diverge. I tried and tried but I still have not found why things are going this way (scans coming from everywhere, without permissions, credits, wallpapers are often mix of layers, existing walls picked up from everywhere ; where is the difference between a man who act like this and the one who picked up a piece of a background ? )

i really want to understand and I will say :

i think that this thread is a good idea because it was time I wanted to discuss about. Even if I have no much time to spend on MT because of my work (and studies) I will come here to see any kind of responses. Oh, and sorry to have not replied to the technical inquiry #978, I have been busy for a really long time. I will also not be here for a while since a hard working week is starting for me but I'll read you and answer all you want me too.

Thanks.

Signature

Hi i only writes because the policy is that several resubmittings are wrong. In case like my sisters (bolbob). The scans was different ,new and processed in another way so why bann her nothing wrong was done?Please notifice me if the bann is off or the reason for the bann is another?

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

Hello!! I would like to add to some of that. I do agree that the number of friends doesn't change the fact of if you should get banned or not, and that justice should be served. I would like to recommend something to you: Maybe you should send a policy of the rules and stuff to all people who are new members as a private message, so the things they do wrong will be at a minimum, but of course still keep the policy up. No amount of convincing will prevent from people doing wrong, because we are all like that. Please give Namie a second chance. I'm saying this as a friend of hers and on her behalf, because I know she loves MT very much. Don't take a part of her life away.(I'M extremely sorry IF THIS annoyed YOU)

Me and my sister has now talked this quarral over with mom and dad. They say its an insult to play with the mind of teenagers like that and banning them just because you can.
Are just quoting mom and dad sea

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Very well, now let us answer these posts

First things first: answering Mrchack regarding the ban of member s9031496c.

Quote by MrchackYes she did that i guess but she said to me that she saw loads of people doing that and she thought that it was ok to do it. She did read the rules but the poeple who were doing that have not been punished so i guess she thought it was ok for her to do that also...

Nobody rips on Minitokyo and is not punished. Every single person caught ripping is warned and / or banned. So I really have no idea of who you are referring to.
But apart from that...

We went and searched around in our records, to see if the other warning for ripping was fully justified. And eventually found the reason for the first warning. The reason was that she posted a ripped wallpaper from Nat. A Kiddy Grade wallpaper. So, both her warnings for ripping were due to ripping wallpapers off nat. And this does make a bad impression indeed, doesn't it? I honestly don't know in the first case, but in the second one she deleted the signature. Which is a clear sign of the intent to rip.

This would have been enough for a permanent ban, but there is another fact that worsen further the position of s9031496c.

We asked Nat to send us the mail she was sent. And it is true that s9031496c asks for forgiveness, but there is no mention of the removal of the signature. This might have been intentional or not, we have admittedly no way of knowing. But still it makes her apology somewhat .. useless. The greatest offense is not the posting of the wallpaper in itself, but the deletion of the signature.

Anyway, all things considered, I consulted with 2 other gallery directors. And all of us agreed that the ban will not be lifted. The case is closed. (and yes, they were for banning even before the last fact).

I would like to thank all those who discussed in a civil way. And I would like to say to all those that instead resorted to private messages of ... dubious ... intent to get a life.

Now on to Willem: I answered you in that private message. Anyway, for all those interested, ripping in its every form is forbidden on Minitokyo. As for scans, it's true that they are easier to post than wallpapers, but on the other hand they are immediately deleted if someone post a version better than yours, so they basically give you no right.

To Cagari: read above. As for the other thing, I'm not annoyed by civil arguments. I couldn't be a moderator if that annoyed me. Of course we now consider this case closed, so unless something truly exceptional happens, the decision will not be reconsidered.

To olbobb:
Regardinn bolbob banning:
the first warning was for submitting clearly resized scans, given from Marissa. It is forbidden to enlarge scans in order to post them

The second warning was from me, cause she kept resubmitting scans and wallpapers that I had deleted. Normally I should warn after just one unauthorized resubmission. However I was generous and simply kept deleting them. Until the 4th or so resubmission, when I issued the warning specifically stating in the guestbook not to resubmit deleted material

Quote by Keltosh You get your second warning for multiple resubmission of deleted wallpapers. Read the policy again.

After that she calmed down for a week and a half. And then started submitting more scans (some of which were by Pablo Picasso anyway, which is not something that should be on the site) And I deleted them, and deleted them, and deleted them again. And despite what I had written in the guestbook she kept resubmitting. At which point I banned.

So, the ban is perfectly justified and will not be lifted.

And anyway

Quote by olbbobMe and my sister has now talked this quarral over with mom and dad. They say its an insult to play with the mind of teenagers like that and banning them just because you can. Are just quoting mom and dad sea

I don't 'ban just because I can'. And most certainly I don't 'play with the mind of teenagers'
I don't know what your parents said, but I honestly I couldn't care less.

You are part of Minitokyo. a community with rules. And in every community, you abide by the rules. Or you leave. And considering that you have 2 warnings already be thankful I'm impartial when on duty because honestly that post is very similar to an accusation. Or an insult.

Signature

I have a question about the deletion of a couple of my scans. I got a warning from Marissa because some of my submissions were told to be enlarged although this was surely not the case. I spend a lot of time in enhancing scans, and when possible update them here. Can it be because of those alterings that a scan can seem enlarged?
This has hapened a couple of times now, and I wanted to ask if they still count as a warning or not?

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

To Olbobb (now I will give my 2cents). If yours sister would read the MT Policy and the FAQ, as she was advised by Keltosh, she would know that images of Pablo Picasso are not allowed. Honestly MT is an anime community!

Quote by MT Policy
In participating in this community, by posting materials, you agree to this Policy. Violation of this agreement will lead to deletion of your posts and/or submissions, warnings, participation restrictions and ultimately banishment from Minitokyo. These actions are carried into effect by 'moderators', who have the right, but not the obligation, to enforce this agreement.

Scans as specified in the FAQ must:

Quote by FAQ It is required that it is a manga, anime or game-related picture.

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

I can see she didn showed much attention but not deliberately.
I know her. She probalily overloked the messages and since it is such a serious matter you should keep her a little slack, and give her another chance. I am shure she is sorry and you seems like a nice guy. Sorry my bad english.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by GEEI have a question about the deletion of a couple of my scans. I got a warning from Marissa because some of my submissions were told to be enlarged although this was surely not the case. I spend a lot of time in enhancing scans, and when possible update them here. Can it be because of those alterings that a scan can seem enlarged? This has hapened a couple of times now, and I wanted to ask if they still count as a warning or not?

That warning is issued for enlarged images, images that are too fuzzy and/or with evident artifacts. Probably that image had been blurred or retouched in a way that made it fuzzy. Which means either you or someone else did it. This is usually done after enlarging to hide the enlargement. This is NOT a higher quality image. It is actually a lower quality image since it's less sharp. Members are not supposed to post these images. It might be that you found them on the net, but still as explained in the policy and FAQ, members must be sure of the quality of the scans they send. Each scan must be usable in a wallpaper, this is not an image gallery like 4chan. That is why you received that warning

From the FAQ:
Note that enlarging an image and then using some filters to have a higher resolution scan IS illegal, and easy to discover. This behavior will lead to warnings... and eventually to you being banned.

The other message is for reposting without the permission of a moderator. This is a warning that was issued since you obviously didn't read the policy.
From the policy :
You cannot resubmit a deleted image.
If a moderator doesn't allow you for special reason, reposting a scan is forbidden.
That is why you received the warnings.

As for having them removed: both of the warnings were due to not following the policy and FAQ. I admit that maybe you had no bad intentions, but still it is every member's responsability to read the policy and FAQ, and so they are valid warnings.

However, should it ever come to that, know that these warnings are obviously less serious than a warning for ripping or spamming, and so we might give them less weight. Depends from the situation

Quote by olbobbI can see she didn showed much attention but not deliberately. I know her. She probalily overloked the messages and since it is such a serious matter you should keep her a little slack, and give her another chance. I am shure she is sorry and you seems like a nice guy. Sorry my bad english.

As I said, the decision will not be changed.

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by hongrboiHi, I'm here to appeal for myself. I got my first warning when I was a noob and didn't know the rules. Yes, I know now that there is a noob bible(I didn't now at that time). I didn't bother to read the submission guideline so I just submitted it. I now have read and understand the submission guideline. I know that I did deserve that warning but I know that I have learned my lesson. I'm sure I will not make that same mistake again. The warning is one of the first pages of my guestbook by Marissa(I think). I await your descision and I will respect whatever descision you make.

Uhm, well, this is a thread for asking the removal of unjust or excessive warnings and bans :D Not other kind of warnings or bans.

Signature

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

i got a warning about spamming, but i didnt know that i spammed the thred. it was an accident. does that mean i have 2 more warnnnings left

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

First things first: it's not a crime to send a PM to a moderato, unless, like in olbbob case, after you've been warned to stop and you keep pestering various moderators.

Quote by bobobobi got a warning about spamming, but i didnt know that i spammed the
thred. it was an accident. does that mean i have 2 more warnnnings left

I checked your whole guestbook. I see no official warnings there, just a friendly reminder :D

Signature

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

Quote by KeltoshFirst things first: it's not a crime to send a PM to a moderato,
unless, like in olbbob case, after you've been warned to stop and you
keep pestering various moderators.

Quote by bobobobi got a warning about spamming, but i didnt know that i
spammed the
thred. it was an accident. does that mean i have 2 more warnnnings
left

I checked your whole guestbook. I see no official warnings there, just
a friendly reminder :D

okay it was a bot that sent it to me. okay thanks

I belive you got bobobob and olbobb mixed up check it out olbobb didn get any warning for spam

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by knallertI belive you got bobobo and olbobb mixed up check it out olbobb didn get any warning for spam

Olbbob was warned twice for images and got his third strike from jasmine for pestering the moderators with numerous private messages. The case is closed.

Signature

He didn recieve any messages i think something went wrong there was no messages check your own system something didn came truht and if you dont believe well

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by knallertHe didn recieve any messages i think something went wrong there was no
messages check your own system something didn came truht and if you
dont believe well

I don't need to check anything. In the first pm I wrote him, I specifically told him that this thread was the ONLY place where he should post. Now, disregarding the fact that he basically insulted me, he wrote me 3-4 other pm. And then, he also wrote Jasmine. I don't know exactly what he wrote her, but the fact that she banned him means he was pestering her. And as I said, the case is closed. Enough with this discussion.

Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.