Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Next Gundam Series (after GSD) - Minitokyo

Next Gundam Series (after GSD)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

There has been a lot of speculation about what the series following Gundam Seed Destiny should be. Personally I would like to see a third GS Series but this time from the POV of someone from Orb. The first series started out with Earth Alliance as the main faction (but shifted focus later). GSD started out on the Zaft Side (and again shifted the focus). I think (similar to GSD) we should see the Orb side this time with the protagonist being someone that Shinn wronged (boy isn't that a long list) during GSD. Maybe also a female protagonist this time.

A final movie would also be nice to close out the GS universe (similar to Char's Counter Attack). Final fate of Kira, Athrun, etc.

claireredfield

claireredfield

Beautiful Kunochi

That sounds good to me. I like the GS Universe and hope it continues. The only thing I'd like to add would be that Sunrise do a full OAV series on Astray Red & Blue.

Signature Image

I like that idea

StryderHiryuu

Assassin

....No.

Just no.

Just freakin END GSD and make a new series. :)

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by StryderHiryuu....No.

Just no.

Just freakin END GSD and make a new series. :)

They might, but I'd like it to continue, as would others. However you are entitled to your opinion.

yah, i kinda wanna see another series of it too, but also think it might be dragging it out a bit too much....3 series of seed....maybe if it was a shorter one as like a side story during the time of seed and seed destiny would be good, like the astray stories but longer....

StryderHiryuu

Assassin

Gundam Seed is far superior to GSD.
Fukuda just killed the series with Destiny.
Character development is crap.
Kira, being God in Destiny, just makes the main character Shinn pointless..
gsd is just a ripoff of so many Gundam series.
UC series were far superior, Zeta was just awesome.
There's insane amount of stock footage as you can see here.

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/4962/cheapos5mf.jpg

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

All Gundam Series (as of late) use recycled footage. I can't count how many times Gundam 01 was shot down, transformed and then used his Buster Rifle in GW. Or how many times Wing Zero killed all of those leos in space. You just have to live with it. Its how they save money (like someone else said).

As for Kira being the god of destiny, I think you're being a tad over dramatic. He's hardly been portrayed as such.

GSD pays tribute to the series that came before (as was intended the moment they showed the new model Zaku's, Goof's, etc). Just because you don't like that they did it that way does not mean others don't (and by the same token, thats not saying others don't agree with you).

I can't comment about Zeta because I haven't seen it. However I do have to question how superior it was if the Creators own wife couldn't understand it.

Don't get me wrong. I love the UC stuff too (War IP, 0083, CCA mainly) but I have come to love GS universe as well. I did not care for the amount of clip shows in GSD (the Meer one actually made sense though), but what can you do, we don't have a voice in that decision (since we won't "leagally" be giving ratings til it debuts sometime later in the year).

It would be nice to see a new GS series but like 10 years after the events of GSD so you can see new characters.

And for everybody who keeps saying that GS/GSD is similar to the earlier gundam series well the truth is the creators of GS/GSD wanted to introduce the gundam universe to a younger generation through GS/GSD thats why everything is so similar

Thanks to Edy for the avatar

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by slayerzIt would be nice to see a new GS series but like 10 years after the events of GSD so you can see new characters

I agree whole heartedly with this. I neglected to mention that when I originally started this thread. Glad you brought it up Slayerz.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

No more SEED related series, please? It's okay if it's still in Cosmic Era but please no more of this SEED thrash.

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by white-zeroNo more SEED related series, please? It's okay if it's still in Cosmic
Era but please no more of this SEED thrash.

TV series have historically focused on the main theme (in this case Seed). OAV's have been the side stories. Sorry.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

To my knowledge, there will be a third addition to the SEED series comming out in *dramatic pause* 2009.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Quote by dstorres

Quote by white-zeroNo more SEED related series, please? It's okay if it's still in Cosmic

TV series have historically focused on the main theme (in this case Seed). OAV's have been the side stories. Sorry.

Yeah? Care to explain why the different series in Universal Century?

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by white-zero

Quote by dstorres

Yeah? Care to explain why the different series in Universal Century?

Umm, not sure what you are asking?

claireredfield

claireredfield

Beautiful Kunochi

Quote by hongrboiTo my knowledge, there will be a third addition to the SEED series comming out in *dramatic pause* 2009.

Say it taint so.... not 2009.

Signature Image

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

Another SEED series would be awsome! Though I juz want Kira back as protaganist (I got a lil ****ed when I heard that Kira was back but not the main character).
Though if they did have a third series they should add the Astray characters (or at least Lowe) in it.

I believe the next series will be based in the AE and not the CE (cosmic era). Not sure what the AE stands for though. But not too far into the future like CE.

I just want another series out. If its a sequel for the gs universe that fine, but if its another universe, thats fine too. Just want more kick ass gundams!

"I started at the bottom and I kind of like it here"
-Heard it somewhere

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

Quote by xomikronxI believe the next series will be based in the AE and not the CE (cosmic era). Not sure what the AE stands for though. But not too far into the future like CE.

NO!!! JUST ONE MORE seires FOR seed!!! plz!!! XO

...Oh man, they should just have one more before what xomikronx said to make it like a SEED trilogy. Hope hes wrong (OH PLZ god!)xd

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

We won't know for sure until the announcement is made. So keep your fingers crossed.

iarly

iarly

Anime Lover

Quote by hongrboiTo my knowledge, there will be a third addition to the SEED series comming out in *dramatic pause* 2009.

Oh, no. Not another cheap remake with a lousy new main chara just to make you love the old hero even more. I mean, I love Kira Yamato, but did they have to do Shin Asuka such a horrid, so-called main chara? Not to mention that the script... wait, what script? GSD is nothing but a big mess!

Signature Image

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

well victory gundam occurs after all the other series have happened

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

Quote by iarly

Oh, no. Not another cheap remake with a lousy new main chara just to make you love the old hero even more. I mean, I love Kira Yamato, but did they have to do Shin Asuka such a horrid, so-called main chara? Not to mention that the script... wait, what script? GSD is nothing but a big mess!

Is this true?:o a third series in 2009? And Shinn was a crappy main character in a way but kinda was a nice addition for a main character by means of angry personality. Though I don't think GSD was really a big mess, but did lack alot from what SEED had OX ...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.