Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 An Anime Revolution - Minitokyo

An Anime Revolution

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Getting anime games that were released in Japan and never come in America is hard. I also imagine that this is also hard for European anime fans, becuase I also heard it is hard to get anime stuff. The discontentment with region coding devices from sony baracades us from actually viewing the things we want. There is a huge isolation between Japan and our countries. Mostly it is economical. That is why I propose that we should have a global Anime Revolution to make anime into a respected stlye of art, to break down the barriers to obtain the anime goods we want; and to create a pan-anime society. Inspired by the communist revolutions that appeared around the world (yeah I know communists are bad but it's the perfect example of making a world wide revolution) we should create our own revolutions. Expressing our fandom around the world.

(I know this sounds crazy, so I am expecting a lot of seckptics for this)

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

yes indeed we should have...but who will start it?

haha i like the sounds of that if it don't work out we could always move to japan >.<

"If you can't beat them, Join them." Something like that eh? Well...I'm with ya man...but Japan also feels the need to isolate themselves also. They tend to not like to share alot of their technology.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

To create the revolution we would have to rebel against something. The ones that go against our revolution is ironically the Japanese company, Sony itself because of Regional disc coding we can't view imported DVDs, games, and etc. We need to petition or protest against Regional disc coding, or creat our own gaming development team to distribute anime games.

Well, I guess you can consider to that.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

I was probably inspired by Taishi from Comic Party who said it. Anyways, American movies in the 20th century had brainwash millions of audiences around the world and it was called, "entertainment-ism" Now it is the 21st century and the new entertainment will come from Japan to dominate the world.

... I don't see the interest of that... and after all the region zones for dvd were made firstly for movies (mostly american movies)...

And there are multizones hardware too... and dezoning some material like the PS2 isn't impossible.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Well you have to realize that regional disc coding is mainly to "maintain the financial integrity of production studios". Since:

Movies are released in different parts of the world at different times (generally) so some countries may have a movie in theatres, while another has it on DVD. If for a slightly higher price, consumers could simply get a copy of the movie imported while it isn't out on DVD in their own country, that could mean that no one would go see it on the big screen and the production studio loses money on the theatre sales. In the anime world, companies that localize anime wouldn't get profits if people could just import from Japan easily.

So elimiating region coding would be difficult. Even though region free DVD players are becoming more widely available, companies still want to gain the most profits they can out of DVD sales. Could they fit more episodes on to a single DVD? Of course they could, but they don't cause they can earn more money that way. (i.e. look at Furi Kuri US DVD sales. Most Animes have four episodes per disc. Meaning Furi Kuri could at most fit on two discs. But they decided to put only two episodes on three discs cause they could earn more money.)

While I would love for all the anime merchandise available over seas to be available without having to go on eBay or import, I really don't see how you expect to start a revolution. Sorry if I'm being a pessimist.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Probably we can start out small with our revolution. Since we can't import the DVDs directly we should make our own company that can translate, license, and distribute them. The same should go for gaming. Also I to dub them.

Koboshi

Koboshi

Jagan Freak

O.O.....................grat idea!!!!!..I don`t know any anime fans here in mexico!

Signature

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

We as anime fans are deprived of the resorces, connections, and demands of anime. There are many animes we want and we wait to get them. They come however on contradictions to games are lesser. We demand that the games come so we can enjoy our fandom.

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

More power to ya! I agree.

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

We need a group to help carry out the anime revolution. I don't have a high level yet so I can't make the group. Is anyone in level 20.

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

yep yep yep im in!!! so umm....wat do we do now? im still level 17. ill try to level up more faster then.

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

great idea... ur a thinker.. lets put it into action

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Okay I will try to do a lot of talking in the forums in order to get into level 20.

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

I am lvl. 24. It is your idea, you should start the revolution yourself, but if you would start it, I will probably join.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

I started the group on a different site called Anime Paper however you do need to sign up on Anime paper. If you remeber the last thread I posted about being kicked out of anime paper, I got back some and set up a group there called "the anime Revolutionist Party"
here is the link, http://groups.animepaper.net/TheAnimeRevolutionistParty/

Danworth

Danworth

.:Talk slowly, think quickly:.

i would like a lot of japanese released games

Signature
Thanks to Sumomo- for the wonderful Sig and Spystreak for the wonderful avy
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

I don't know about this idea, it's one of those times when someone makes a revolution for a good-purpose but is later suduced and becomes more radical in what they really want. All I would revolutionise is the dub anime they are showing (those bastages!). I'm wondering, whose your enemy for this revolution? Japan?America? The whole world? or is this something to please yourself. Sorry if it's offensive but I have this feeling that this revolution doesn't seem right.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Quote by Liger01I don't know about this idea, it's one of those times when someone makes a revolution for a good-purpose but is later suduced and becomes more radical in what they really want. All I would revolutionise is the dub anime they are showing (those bastages!). I'm wondering, whose your enemy for this revolution? Japan?America? The whole world? or is this something to please yourself. Sorry if it's offensive but I have this feeling that this revolution doesn't seem right.

The counterevolutionists (enemy) are the people who hates and disrespect our love for anime. Of course there are a lot of people who hate anime, but I am talking about the ones who tease us because we love anime. Like the rockers in my school, who teased the students who played Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and stole some of their cards. We need a revolution to rise against them. Also there were some revolutions that have become succesful in the past, remeber the American revolution, Glorious Revolution, Industrial Revolution, and the Green Revolution. The anime revolution is more about spreding a trend and unifying the fans then it is on overthrowing something.

NinjaCloud

NinjaCloud

A Child of The Night

That is a good idea,but what do you plan to do?I know lets boycot sony or something,or howabout threataning mail that always works out just fine. ;)

We've all become God's madmen...all of us.

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Somehow... I doubt that those other revolutions are a fair comparison. Trying to get Anime to be more recognized and less restricted is hardly what I would call the equal of increasing efficiency of World Crop Growth to accomdate growing population, or the shifting of power from the Monarch to Parliament.

Anime is an interest/hobby and little more. It's an animation form. Some people like it, some people don't. It's the same with all interests. Some people like Nintendo, some people hate it, some people like Pepsi, some people hate it. Some people like a TV show, some people hate it. Some people like Anime, and even if we don't like it, some people hate it. What do you plan to do? If your "enemy" is just people who hate Anime, what are you going to do. You can't change everyone. Some people, even if they learn what anime really is, won't change their interest. Sorry, but I just don't see this going anywhere.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.