Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 do you learn nihon-go because you like japan's anime or manga? - Minitokyo

do you learn nihon-go because you like japan's anime or manga?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

peniko

peniko

if only everyday sunny

most my friends and i learn nihon-go because we like japan's anime and manga.....some of them play japan chese or shogi....(i dont learn that)
do you do the same thing?

Xerdo

Xerdo

Bakuretsu Muteki XerdoPwerko

It happened backwards to me.
I started learning japanese in High School because my mom won a free class, calling a Radio station.
She didn't really want to take the class, so I took it instead. I stayed. Then the teacher said we should get videos or music in Japanese - and a friend of mine directed me to an anime/comic store. I was hooked.

This was like seven years ago.

* Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof, where nobody can retrieve it.*

i want to learn it because of watching anime. someday i hope to be able to watch anime without subtitles OX someday...

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

well..in my case..i learn while watching anime lol XP
but i really wanna learn it (in a proper way) if i have a chance :) it's a veri beautiful language :D

Signature

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

I'm not yet learning nihongo but I really want to! But I do not want to learn because of manga (this play a important rule but) I wanna to learn how to speak because I lov eto study languages and I want to understand J-pop while Ilistening to it and not when I read the translations...
I can see it's a language that need lots of dedication.

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

mahkohime

mahkohime

Not dead yet

I wanted to learn mostly because I think the language is beautiful, and I like the culture. Having it does help me with anime and manga, though. Like the other day I watched FFVII:Advent Children, but the subtitles wouldn't load. I learned just how much Japanese I really know (which was surprisingly a lot...).

Signature
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain" -Wheel of Time

Yea i do that. I am in the process and learning. Can't wait to go over there.

hehehe yes i did...
it sure is more fun to know the exact meaning of the conversation they have than just reading the subtitle which sometimes is mismatched by accident maybe :)

Signature

Gavrieel

Gavrieel

Eternal Daydreamer

not really... however it was kinda important reason :P I'm just interested in Japanese culture... and wanted to understend some songs (X Japan rules ^^)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i wanna learn japanese for ages, but not because of anime, ive been into japanese stuff for ages, i love the culture specially back in like the samurai days

Signature Image

byakuugan

byakuugan

ramen maniac

i can't stand waiting for another couple of years before college so now i'm self-tutoring myself, i bought many books and softwares that helped me become more fluent

Signature
Those who break the rules are called scum. But those who don't take care of their friends are even worse scum. -Kakashi

Well anime did get me into Japanese and stuff, so yes, I do want to learn it because of anime and manga. But I also want to go to Japan one day (I always wanted to) so I have to learn a bit of words ^^

pegassuss

pegassuss

peggie

I'm learning japanese right now, but the reason is not anime and manga, it's just that I like the japanese language and culture ^^ I'm a translator, so I work with different languages, I always knew I wanted to learn lots of languages, japanese is just one of them ^^

Signature
Proud member of: .::[Japanese] ::[Final Fantasy Fans]::.
Proud admistrator of: .::[Doujinshi-support-club]::. Do you like doujinshi? Then join us!
Do you like doujinshi? Then you may want to visit my gallery! ~~ *My latest submissions* : Farewell and Portrait

Yes! I am learning Japanese right now,although I only got to lesson 3(got some tutorials on my PC).It's tough,but I gotta due it! I must understand what these guys are saying 'cause I'm tired of pausing BSPlayer all the time!

Darkest secrets.Betray your friends.Look into the eyes of fear.Love the right person.Let go

momoxyumiko

momoxyumiko

Momo-chan

I wanna learn Nihongo coz I wanna go to Japan someday, not because of anime/manga.... >.<

-- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + -- + --+
Signature

+ Momo~chan
+ Smile for the kitty =^-^=
+ Have a nice day!
+

i was really interested in nihon-go when i started high school. then i just continued studying it ^^ and then, i found the beautiful glory of anime and manga ^^ i'm doing nihon-go for the hsc (only those that live in nsw in australia will know what i'm going on about)

byakuugan

byakuugan

ramen maniac

Quote by pegassussI'm learning japanese right now, but the reason is not anime and manga,
it's just that I like the japanese language and culture ^^ I'm a
translator, so I work with different languages, I always knew I wanted
to learn lots of languages, japanese is just one of them ^^

sugoi pegassuss-chan, perhaps you can drop by my house and tutor me, jk XD
i really want to learn japanese asap so i can go visit my friends there and talk to them without the need of the pocket jap dictionary i have, i'm trying really hard by memorizing terms day by day but i don't think just memorizing words is enough to really learn it fully, i wish my school teaches nihongo :sweat:

Signature
Those who break the rules are called scum. But those who don't take care of their friends are even worse scum. -Kakashi

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

well part of my motivation to learn it was because of my love for anime and manga, but the main reason i wanted to learn it is because i am half japanese and i really love japanese art and history.

Signature Image

i would like to learn because i want to move and work in japan someday...i guess anime started my interest and one thing lead to another! ^_^ now i'm trying to save up so i can take classes :D

"Bad habits are like comfortable beds-
easy to get into, but hard to get out of"

zainab-chan

zainab-chan

.::P!nK pUnK >0<::.

I'm actually gonna enroll for some classes ...for nihongo or is it nippongo... ^_^' hehehe anyway...It's in a university..I just hope my accent doesn't make it sound like french...

..::Love your Enemies, It will drive them Crazy::..
Signature

no i didn't but me and my friends will learn later

Signature

Yes, manga was my most important reason ^^

\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

cinnamonsin

cinnamonsin

spicy-sweet dream

I'm currently taking night classes at my local community college in order to learn japanese.

Anime and manga are responsible for further immersing me into the culture I was already interesting... and here I am now.

Well, I'm very interesed in learning ninho-go, however I have yet to find a method online/program that I can use. Also, I live in WV, so there is no where here that teaches it. On a more positve side to leaving in WV, (I guess) is that I know most the people who like anime here. All 14 of them.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.