Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vagrant Story: Anyone miss it? :( - Minitokyo

Vagrant Story: Anyone miss it? :(

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Anyone else remember this game? god, it was incredible work of art.

Personally, I'd like either a remake or a sequel. With Japanese voices of course. Also, I can't seem to find any high-res scans...personally I'd prefer Sydney, because he ROCKS, but if anyone has someone, I'd definitely like to use them with whomever's permission.

And finally: I can't beat the last boss. Not mentioning name for spoilers, but god what a pain.

And so, I conclude with this. What was the best weapon you created? :) For the hell of it, I made an incredible +INT boosting dagger. :P It was interesting, to say the least.

Signature

>> A d e s i r e to | e x p r e s s | myself. <<

I have never played it before, but I have really wanted to. I can't remember though was it made by (before they joined companies) Squaresoft or Enix?

Signature Image

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

It was by Squaresoft back then. AGH! FUN! GREAT! Unique battle system too.! I totally recommend you try to find it if you can. Try eBaying it, or go to your local game shop for used copies. Definitely a keeper. :)

Side note: thePeacekeeper, you wouldn't happen to be named after THEM from Scrapped Princess would you? Sorry, I hunt down all fans and I make them my friends. :)

Signature

Naw, actually my real name in Greek is Peacemaker or "Bringer of Peace". Hmm, I still need to finish that series though I saw the first four epi's and that was it.

Signature Image

misl3d

.:: 4ever a Dre@mer.. ::..

hmmm...i don't miss the game...'cos i have a copy at home, and i can play when i want XD But doesn't call much my attention, although look quite interesting and everybody has good opinion about.... :hmpf: If u can't win why don't u take a peek at some Walkthrough?....u can find plenty of games walkthroughs at http://www.gamefaqs.com ..... ^-^=

Signature
	Image http://ang3ll.deviantart.com

........................... I will get my revenge. Sooner or later...And i can wait for years...................

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

walkthroughs ARE THE devil! *hides all walkthroughts hidden on hard drive*

Signature

The secret to beating the last boss is your chain attacks and those items that lower your risk rating.

The first time I went through, I think I was doing 1 damage per attack, so chains were the only way to beat him. Lots of healing items are good too.

The best sword I made was a damascus rune blade. You can get one by combining two nodachis. If I'm not mistaken, the rune blade is the second best weapon you can get (the best is Excalibur, and you can only get it on your second time through) and I think it can only be made. I could be wrong though, it has been years since I last played this game and I don't own it anymore.

EDIT: I somehow managed to double post and I can't delete this one. Is there a moderator who could remove this for me?

shirohamada

baka newbie

VS is really a great game, though i think its not really super popular as the FF series, a sleeper hit i suppose.

the graphics were one of the best on the PS, for a full real time 3D rendered.

story... what you expect from the director of Final Fantasy Tactics, its dark, and back stabbity.
thats why i'm really looking forward to FFXIIi, yes Masuno is back.

chains is the way to go, but when the risk hits high, its better to stop, and lower it down.

you can replay the game back once finish, with the inventory, so i'll be kicking some bat's arse

if you want to try something with similar gameplay, i would sugest Parasite Eve, the first one. and the story is great too, you'll learn some biology in it :)

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

If I recall, the last boss was too far for me to hit!

And I guess you're right, a sleeper hit was what it was, but they never continued it...I wish they did though. *wistful sigh* As for Parasite Eve, already beat it..I'd play Parasite Eve II, but I'm missing disc 2. :P

*tempted to load up VS...* If I weren't so lazy.

So no VS scans?? No more fans? :( More people should be exposed to Vagrant Story. And I didn't know that Masuno was coming back for ffxii. Nice. :)

Signature

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I love that game, see avatar ? I also got the tattoo of my avatar ( Blood Sin) on my back. The game was nice! I beat it w/ no problem ( seem a little too easy in the end ). I think the trick was just keep using ward spell in case he kill you w/ 1 move. I can't remember what I created as a weapon but I'm guessing it was pretty strong cause I kill most people pretty quick.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Yes i still have this game and it truly was a piece of art but that final boss was A PAIN and i still haven't beaten it yet. *shakes fist!* The best weapon i probably made was a Damascus Musashi two handed sword which every stat was maxed except for evil. I want a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome game. I still have it. Great balance between gameplay, story, and weapons / armor tweaking. It's one of my all-time faves. A remake with PS2 graphics would be incredible, but not very likely given its sales numbers. What a game, though....

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Yay! More fans!

For all those who are interested in it, basically it's an RPG with a unique battle system in which your weapon (which ranges from knives, swords, katanas, and much more) determines the range of your attacks. At that point, you can chain your attacks in order to do more rack up damage. At the same time, you increase your "risk" which means you'll miss more often, so you'll just have to find a balance between chaining and watching your risk meter.

Weapons and armor can be customized, and the story consists of a great plot. Magic and other nifty things are thrown in as well. Check it out. :)

*still waiting hopefully for scans anywhere!*

Signature

Nightbat1707

Nightbat1707

Pilgrimage in the Dark

Vagant Story are great Game .
I remember the time when I am still the Risk-Master.
(risk alway at 99 ,kill with chain not less than 30 chain...)
*warning this kind of play can be deadly ,you may get 1-hit kill *
but my skill goes max fast (I got all At/Df skill after kill those element soul)
I like bows but it usually not work with boss..So that when the sword come in..

Pilgrimage in the Dark 1707
Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

wow..its that good? @_@

k thanks, iil go try it out :D

Signature

misl3d

.:: 4ever a Dre@mer.. ::..

Quote by DarkSaviorI love that game, see avatar ? I also got the tattoo of my avatar ( Blood Sin) on my back. The game was nice! I beat it w/ no problem ( seem a little too easy in the end ). I think the trick was just keep using ward spell in case he kill you w/ 1 move. I can't remember what I created as a weapon but I'm guessing it was pretty strong cause I kill most people pretty quick.

Cool ! XD Tattoo!....... *tries to peek your back....*

Signature
	Image http://ang3ll.deviantart.com

........................... I will get my revenge. Sooner or later...And i can wait for years...................

You just have to get as close to the edge of the battlefield nearest the boss to get your attacks in and you'll have to be quick about it. It's a pain, but it isn't impossible. A larger weapon might help put you in striking distance.

It's one of my all time favs. I clocked the game i think 12 times to get all the goodies, well, most of them. I'm only missing two titles which I can't be bothered achieving coz 1. i need to kill 5000 of EACH race and 2. i have to use EACH weapon 5000 times. Who's got the fastest completion time? Mine's 2hrs 45mins which I think is slow. My chain record is 45. After playing through it so many times though, I don't need weapons anymore - i just punch the enemies LMAO. Once i equip my customised weapons, i do 800-999HP damage. Arturos gems really boost up the effectivess against the classes (+30 to every race, and it adds alot to your STR, INT etc)

Seriously though, VS showed me you don't need CGI to have great cut-scenes. And the story - what a ripper! The soundtrack is amazing and I've yet to download it.

I remember I'd spend days and days in the deep dungeon thingy place to get demascus romphaias and you get a romphaia every few hours or something. Sometimes I'd stay there for a long time and manage to collect three of them and then I died from being careless - that really pissed me off. Though because of that side quest, i managed to knock up over 100,000,000 points which made me a grand master riskbreaker (or whatever the status is named).

Now the team behind VS are working on ffxii and if you've seen the trailers for it, you KNOW it's heavily VS derived - character's design, the setting (maybe a bit more modern), the sound effects, the music etc. It reeks of VS. I definately would like to see a sequel to VS.

MissCz

MissCz

// divine execution. //

Holy crap I don't have Arturos gems! :( *heads off to try and kill last baddie again*

Signature

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Oh my! I've almost forgot all about it until you just said it's name here. Vagrant Story, yes, a good game, I was constantly playing it when I bought it. Excellent graphics, innovative real-time gameplay. It had a real gothic and knighty atmosphere to it, another great success from Squaresoft. I've still got it in my drawers. One game to remember.

Summoner

Lotosypherine

An excellent game and one of the masterpieces square published back in its time.Brilliant work.

n>1

kunousama

kunousama

Aoi Ikazuchi

I really liked Vagrant Story. It's one of the few games that presented a challenge on the first time through, unlike many games these days (Of course, there are other games like Ninja Gaiden that challenge you, there just aren't too many) I loved getting those special weapons, like the Holy Win and Hand of Light. Hand of Light was the best, and it was funny if you started a New Game + with Ashley has it in his hand (has it in the cutscene).

finished the game and i must say it was very good game.. i dunno why square never made sequel.... i like the tatto that 'the vagrant' has... the blood- sin if i remember correctly...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.