Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bible Code - your thoughts and info - Minitokyo

Bible Code - your thoughts and info

page 1 of 1 11 total items

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Currently 2 books have been published on this topic - being able to see hints of the future (although so far only the past) by means of scanning through the Bible texts, selecting letters at certain intervals and have them spell out words, and then look at any other words they may cross. Al right, a somwaht simplictic explanation - if you don't know about this, go check this link http://www.answers.com/bible%20code. Its a better explanation than any I would be able to give here.

I currently have my own opinion. I am more interested in yours. Please be entirely open about this (or as much as you allow other people to read). You can't anger me in any way so do not be afraid to argue anything. As long as you are willing to argue. But, as always, be civil towards each other.

So. Bible Code. What do YOU think?

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

I think it's just ridiculous. Really, humans are extremely good at finding nonexistent patterns in complete chaos and computers are even better at it. There have even been experiments that have found similar predictions in Moby Dick. Then there is the fact that the Hebrew language is quite flexible when interpreted. Unless you believe God gave secret messages to Melville too. To me this just seems like wishful thinking or simple manipulation of the facts by these people.

hmm...i don't really think so. really, it's just stupid. whoever came up with this theory is delusional and/or simply seeking attention by going through the bible which would invetibly (didn't spell that right ^^) cause controversy, but then again i could be wrong. ^_^

I made indepth comments on the subject here and here. To say that the "Hebrew language is quite flexible when interpreted" not very true. There is Yiddish, and traditional Hebrew. The difference is that Yiddish have marks around the glyphs to indicate what vowel pronouncations are to be predicated to the constants.

I very much believe in the existing of the bible code with the amount of academic experience I already have in the fields of Computer programming, Cryptography, Mathematics, and Physics. Although numerous other people have done this repeated experiment themselves (there are many programs available for download), I do believe seeing is believing. That is why I am taking the time to study the orginal hebrew and the Torah (which is 99.99999% identical to the orginal dead sea scrolls) to try the experiments myself.

Ancient Hebrew Research Center

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I kinda lost control on this thread tree of knowledge, why? read freshBlueO2's comments there before I returned to this one. May continue here or there.

Who knows?

Signature

ajb

ajb

mr.hat

if i rearrange the letters in god, i get dog!
that must be a sign that god is like a dog!
omg omg i found a secret meaning! @___@

anyways, yea, u'll find these 'hidden messages'
but i dun think they really mean anything
i mean, we can find any kind of message in any piece of writing if we look hard enough, rite?

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

Take Tolkien's works, or Jane Austin's, or any given translation of War & Peace. Search for patterns like these. You'll find them. If you have a wide enough search space, you can find all manner of patterns, especially when said search space is non-random like the Torah or anything I mentioned.

In short, I find it ridiculous.

mountain

mountain

None

yup yup, they say it like matrix probabality or something, if you have a large text, and you look for words in all directions, your bound to find what you want somewhere. And the other thing is, if the bible is written by God, no one should be able to solve the code unless God tells you. I believe that prophecies are not meant to tell people what is going to occur in the future, but will only be revealed AFTER the event had occured, this supports the bible as an extraordinary book.

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

Quote by ShamshielI think it's just ridiculous. Really, humans are extremely good at finding nonexistent patterns in complete chaos and computers are even better at it. There have even been experiments that have found similar predictions in Moby Dick. Then there is the fact that the Hebrew language is quite flexible when interpreted. Unless you believe God gave secret messages to Melville too. To me this just seems like wishful thinking or simple manipulation of the facts by these people.

I have proven that a code exists. The entire english language is both mathematical and logical. The purpose of mathematics is to fiind absolution. The purpose of logic is to be correct. If you find the formula for solving these 'codes' you'll find that it's all universally related. The equasion I calculated was the number of the beast, along with other things from the bible. The bible says, "Let he who has understanding calculate the number of the beast. That number is six hundred and sixty-six." When I calculated it I immediately realized that I should start with god. I converted the letters into numbers and calculated them logically. I found that when you reverse the process of GOD it is the process of evil. So, I reversed the formula and solved for 666. The solution came to be the word "YOU". When you look in the bible the it says something like "I AM the lord your GOD." When you solve with the formula I found, the words I AM reduce into the letter "M". When you use that same formula for the word "YOU", it reduces to the letter "E" Those two letters together equal "ME". There are other things I found as well. BUT, I highly doubt that I should be telling anyone about any of this. HEH.

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by URanimEnigmaThe bible says, "Let he who has understanding calculate the number of the beast. That number is six hundred and sixty-six." When I calculated it I immediately realized that I should start with god. I converted the letters into numbers and calculated them logically. I found that when you reverse the process of GOD it is the process of evil. So, I reversed the formula and solved for 666. The solution came to be the word "YOU". When you look in the bible the it says something like "I AM the lord your GOD." When you solve with the formula I found, the words I AM reduce into the letter "M". When you use that same formula for the word "YOU", it reduces to the letter "E" Those two letters together equal "ME". There are other things I found as well. BUT, I highly doubt that I should be telling anyone about any of this. HEH.

You don't state what system you used when you "calculated" it. What does that mean? Also you converted the letters to numbers and calculated it logically. Again, what does that mean. You're stating actions and not explaining anything.

But since you started with 666, I'll continue with it (even though its not part of the Bible Code). The Bible (at least the New Testament) was written in Greek by Aramaic / Hebrew speaking peoples during the Roman rule. Shortly before Caesar Nero made an ass of himself and nearly destroyed the Roman Empire (revolts in the North nearly removed Roman rule from Gaul and East and West was on the verge of splitting). In the East the "higher" cultures, such as the Greeks and the Persians, were highly amused by Nero's antic's. Hence the creation of the Nero Redivivus (Nero Returns) legend. He was supposed to return with the Parthian and Persian armies, topple the Roman Empire and create an Eastern Empire. Thats the background.

Nero's name in Greek is Neron Kaisar. The closest transcribed in Hebrew script is Neron Qasar. If you take the numerical values of these letters (the ancients counted in their alphabet) the sum total of all the letters were 666. The animal, that came from the East, in Greek is Therion. Transcribed in Hebrew script, added the numerical total and the sum total is 666. Neat.

Anyway, URanimEnigma, your explanation is grammatically flawed as well. ME is the accusative (subject) form. 666 (object) is (copulative verb) you (nominative due to the copulative verb "is"). Therefore your "Me" should in fact be "I" (nominative after an implied copulative verb "is", connecting to 666 [object, nominative]). So your whole theory falls to pieces. You are not the evil animal from the east that's gonna start the war at the mound of Meggido. So there.

[You wanna be funny an' I can get technical]

Signature

Persocom01

Persocom01

Seeker of the Truth

I've not done any research on the Bible code but either way, the Bible never asks us to look for answers to the future by finding a code inside it. So true or not, I don't think that the Bible code can or should be used to predict the future.

True prophets in the Bible are told the future through dreams and visions, but of course, not all dreamers are prophets.

"And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, [I] the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, [and] will speak unto him in a dream." - Numbers 12:6

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.