Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 not getting credits - Minitokyo

not getting credits

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

i havent got any for ages. not one. no matter what i do. is this a problem for everyone or just me.
arggg thank god for free download quota

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Since this "bug" has been in effect since late November, I believe it is safe to assume it was intentional.

Signature Image

so if my credits run out can i not get wallpapers?
and is this problem gonna be fixed?

I've thougth that "bug" is going to be fixed but it isn't on the priority list. So I recommend to not use all the credits you have since you absolutely need them to submit things or create threads (or groups), that's why I think this will probably be fixed.

Actually, I think I receive 1 credit once in a while... maybe each week -_- . I'm really far to reach my goal (just for fun) of 1 000 credits.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well, for now, i think we only get credits when people write in your gb or comment/fave your submissions... you may even get a few for our posting in your thread, but i'm not sure (none of my threads have been active since MT3 came into function...) not sure if it's a bug or intentional, i don't think Sheqel ever talked about it... ^_^'

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Thats weird. I didnt get any credits at all, but when persons posted in my threads and talked to me in my gb my credits have been increased. Probably its because of that you get credits. Are you active in MT? Like posting comments, talking to others and that. Maybe thats one of the reasons.

Signature Image

I have been for a while as active as usual but this "bug" or whatever it is has really changed the amount of credits we received... from more than ten credits a week (for me and it isn't the real number... since I just go on MT the week-end) it has dropped really dropped down... not that I download lot of things... actually I don't download a lot now... I've probably downloaded less than 50 things since we have MT3.

Signature

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I don't think it is a bug because it is still possible to earn credits. Posting in the forums/guestbooks/groups or commenting on submissions don't earn you credits anymore but it is still possible to gain them by contributing in other ways. Another reason I don't think it is a bug is because I have never seen the admins fail to quickly resolve a bug that effects this many people before. If it were a problem they would have fixed it a long time ago, so I believe it is intentional. But realistically the 30 free download quota is enough to get all of the really good submissions every day without missing anything. And if you are hunting for a scan or something which ends up costing a lot more then 30 downloads, odds are if you do good work you will earn all your credits back from feedback on the submission anyway.

Signature Image

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by chingetscookI don't think it is a bug because it is still possible to earn credits. Posting in the forums/guestbooks/groups or commenting on submissions don't earn you credits anymore but it is still possible to gain them by contributing in other ways. Another reason I don't think it is a bug is because I have never seen the admins fail to quickly resolve a bug that effects this many people before. If it were a problem they would have fixed it a long time ago, so I believe it is intentional. But realistically the 30 free download quota is enough to get all of the really good submissions every day without missing anything. And if you are hunting for a scan or something which ends up costing a lot more then 30 downloads, odds are if you do good work you will earn all your credits back from feedback on the submission anyway.

Agreed! And you probably do get some sort of growth. For instance, I get about 1 credit/week.

-_-
I think I've seen a mod writting it was a bug (in one of the usual closed thread complaint about that ) but it wasn't on the priority list.

So can someone confirm or infirm that credits from wallpapers or other submissions are earned -when they are dl) ?

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Dling walls does nothing vredits can only be obtained on such things if they are fav or commented on as they have been always

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

there were some threads done about this and the only answer is to get credits you need people to WRITE IN YOUR GUESTBOOK and that's pretty much it, no posting treads or pics, or writting in other people guestbook or anything like that wont' get you credits

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

:sigh: Posting in general will get you credits I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Do you realize that the percentatge you actually gain from posting is small so that is the reason why you don't get as many credits.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Right, spam your own guestbooks. That's a great idea. -_-

Participate, contribute, participate. If you give meaningful contributions, in the form of forum discussions, gallery comments, guestbook comments, or submitting quality artwork, then you will not have to worry about credits or quotas or anything.

Spamming won't be the solution. If we find out you are spamming your own guestbook for the sake of gaining credits, you'll be muted. And then you won't get any credits because you won't be able to post anything.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

Would you consider this as an attempt to spam your own guestbook? =S I don't know, but it just looked so weird.

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by akaiWould you consider this as an attempt to spam your own guestbook? =S I don't know, but it just looked so weird.

Thank sheqel for the merged posts. =)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I don't really get why we need credits anymore.
Before we needed credits 2 download wallies but now we have the free download quota.......
The only time we use credit is when we make groups and I don't think many people make groups.

O, and my credit goes up but very very slowly

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Quote by Spystreak:sigh: Posting in general will get you credits I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. Do you realize that the percentatge you actually gain from posting is small so that is the reason why you don't get as many credits.

-_- But as others and I have said we don't seem to earn anything with (forum, review, gallery) posts now. Nada, nothing. If I except the 1 credit/week... a little after or just after this quota download thing. Since it's the only way I have to receive credits, you can be sure it isn't really hard to notice that I get 1 credit every week (or longer period) no matter what I do... or the credits we received now for posts are really insignificant (less than 0.01 credits for 1 post).

And before that, I received at least 20 credits every weekday (since I only participate on weekdays here) just with posts.

merged: 01-24-2006 ~ 02:33am
Actually the good thing with credits and the quota is that I force myself to download quite often (so I have now finished to browse through the GSD gallery) . The bad thing especially with the fact I don't receive anymore credits is I waste my time checking what to download as some free downloads.

Signature

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Yeah the bug, I had 75 for quite some time then it moved to 76 and now it's stuck the now.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

i have been stuck at the same amount for over a month and i have made several posts, this is really getting on my nerves.

I had it stuck for about a month already. But at least I know its a bug now.(I think)

For some reason my credits have gone from a VERY high number... to 5. Is there something that I am missing.

Signature Image

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

Quote by thePeacemakerFor some reason my credits have gone from a VERY high number... to 5. Is there something that I am missing.

It sounds like you're seeing this:

Free Download Quota
Credit amount will only show when less than 128.

Sheqel made some changes- there's a debate going on about it here.
:pacman:

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

Are they plannig on fixing this "credit bug"?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.