Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gundam Seed and unanswered questions - Minitokyo

Gundam Seed and unanswered questions

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Okay over here in the States I didn't get to see what Raila Cruse (you know Mu Laflaga's father's clone: sorry if I spelled his name wrong) looked like under his mask...for all of those that are in the know can you tell me like does he have like a third eye, rapidly ageing eyes, no eyes or WHAT! I'm going crazy! OH and it's okay if the answers are found in Destiny just please tell me.

Okay what does the Seed aspect have to do with anything? They really didn't explain it too well only that it makes Kira, Athrun, and Cagalli into Berserkers, which doesn't tell me anything *CRIES*.

Well okay I guess that's it...please focus mainly on my first question thanks!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

well.. i don't think they ever showed that cruze guy's face, it wasn't on the fansubbed version, which i assume is unedited/altered.

Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor (SEED factor)
A factor that determines the course of a species' evolution. The existence of the SEED factor has yet to be proven, and it remains a subject of intense controversy in scientific circles. But in theory, those who possess the SEED factor have the ability to advance to the next stage of human evolution - an ability unrelated to whether the carrier is a Natural or a Coordinator.

from the offical website, for more: http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/background/glossary_misc.html#seed

few people have SEED, there's kira, athrun, lacus, cagalli and then shinn from gundam SEED destiny (i think awakened in that order). it sort of allows a person to have a kind of intuition in the heat of battle. for cagalli, she witnessed the astray pilot deaths before it happened. for people who pilot big clunking gundams, it helps them predict an enemy's next move, allowing them to react in zero time. there's more in the official website, im not sure if im too accurate either.

PFT! If they were going to make such a big stink about it then they should have shown us what he looked like under the mask. TCH! Anywho thanks for clearing up the Seed question for me wooo hooo!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Spoiler warning.

I believe they did show his face in the fansubbed versions. In one of the episodes in the mid 40's of Gundam Seed, I think Mu La Fllaga shoots off his mask. He pretty much looks like a normal person, besides the fact that he supposedly bears resembalance to Mu La Fllaga's father, who he is a clone of.

Quote by caffeinefr3eSpoiler warning.

I believe they did show his face in the fansubbed versions. In one of the episodes in the mid 40's of Gundam Seed, I think Mu La Fllaga shoots off his mask. He pretty much looks like a normal person, besides the fact that he supposedly bears resembalance to Mu La Fllaga's father, who he is a clone of.

... ... ...that's it? ... ... ... PPPPPPPFFFFFFTTTTT! GOD man if that is it then why did he have to take that medication...I can only assume for his bad headaches because of some defect in the cloning process but then I could be wrong...you're thoughts.

Signature Image

SoultakerJustice

SoultakerJustice

Hero for the Future

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrix

Quote by caffei(...) warning.

I believe they did show his face in the fansubbed versions. In one of the episodes in the mid 40's of Gundam Seed, I think Mu La Fllaga shoots off his mask. He pretty much looks like a normal person, besides the fact that he supposedly bears resembalance to Mu La Fllaga's father, who he is a clone of. [/quote

... ... ...that's it? ... ... ... PPPPPPPFFFFFFTTTTT! GOD man if that is it then why did he have to take that medication...I can only assume for his bad headaches because of some defect in the cloning process but then I could be wrong...you're thoughts.

I think your somewhat right about that. But, the other reason why La Cruze wears the mask is that his face is braking down faster than expected, due the cloning process. I could be wrong but, that what I read.

they show how he looks in Gundam Seed Destiny...cos he teaches Rey about his plans and such and talks to Dulindal and all in a flashback ep you get a shot of his face. he takes the meds cos he's a clone and they die quicker than normal people yes...i think he wears the mask as in why all the other Gundam villians wear them (Char, Zechs, etc), either to cover up who he is or he wears it cos he is ashamed of something

Feirai

Feirai

Bringer of Light

It's possible he wears a mask so as not to have others recognise him. I mean people would recognise the original person he was cloned from and they would raise alot of questions and cause unnessary trouble. Same thing was seen in Destiny was Neo covered his face with a mask to hide his identity or mayb his scar. But the point is many pple would recognise him and quesions and investigation would spell trouble.

"He does not love who does not show love" - Shakespeare, The Two Gentlemen of Verona

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by SoultakerJustice

Quote by JenosydesWhi(...) warning.

I believe they did show his face in the fansubbed versions. In one of the episodes in the mid 40's of Gundam Seed, I think Mu La Fllaga shoots off his mask. He pretty much looks like a normal person, besides the fact that he supposedly bears resembalance to Mu La Fllaga's father, who he is a clone of. [/quote

I think your somewhat right about that. But, the other reason why La Cruze wears the mask is that his face is braking down faster than expected, due the cloning process. I could be wrong but, that what I read.

Nope, we never get to see his face in the original SEED. Yes his mask is shot off, and we see Kira and Mwu's reactions to seeing his face, but the animation never shows it. It bugged me for the longest time too. but we DO get to see it in the Special Edition movies, and in Destiny.

There's nothing wrong with his face in terms of physical features. But I think he wears the mask to add to the mystery, and perhaps because he loaths the fact that he has the face of someone who he hates (ie Al da Flaga), and can't stand to look at his own face because it's a mirror image of Al's.

Because of a defect in the cloning process, he has short telomeres (the thing in your genes that controls the aging process), which means he has a shortened life (which is why he hates humanity so much, because he's bitter). Even though his face doesn't look old old, you can see that he does age faster than normal, because even though he's younger than Mwu (ie born later), his physical appearance is older. The pills are to subdue the spasms he gets due to being a clone, and perhaps slow down the agin process somewhat.

As for Neo, SPOILERS: (I think the writers gave him a mask (more like an ugly helmet) so that we don't find out about him looking like Mwu until the right moment)

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Its a gundam thing. Most to all gundams always have a masked character haha. Anywho I believe his face isn't really revealed in seed but in destiny, a little bit is revealed when he is with Rey. Forgot when in the series... Kuz Mwu is Rau's clone, just imagine his face haha.

As for the seed, Patchy pretty much explained it. It is an evolutionary trait that enables the "berserker" In athrun, Kira, Lacus, Shinn, and Cagalli (so far that I knoe).

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by pn0yvstyleAnywho I believe his face isn't really revealed in seed but in destiny, a little bit is revealed when he is with Rey. Forgot when in the series... Kuz Mwu is Rau's clone, just imagine his face haha.

his face is first shown clearly in phase 29 Fates of Destiny, when Gil has those flashbacks. but we did get glimpses of Rau's face in Rey's flashbacks.

umm, Mwu's not Rau's clone. He's the natural son of Al da Flaga, and Rau is Al's clone. This would make Mwu Rau's...son, I guess, even though Rau's younger o_0 . they sure do have a strange relationship...

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrixOkay over here in the States I didn't get to see what Raila Cruse (you know Mu Laflaga's father's clone: sorry if I spelled his name wrong) looked like under his mask...for all of those that are in the know can you tell me like does he have like a third eye, rapidly ageing eyes, no eyes or WHAT! I'm going crazy! OH and it's okay if the answers are found in Destiny just please tell me.

Okay what does the Seed aspect have to do with anything? They really didn't explain it too well only that it makes Kira, Athrun, and Cagalli into Berserkers, which doesn't tell me anything *CRIES*.

Al da Flaga was shown in flashbacks in GS. You can see him in a few flashbacks involving Dr. Hibiki.

As for SEED, it is not berserker rage. Going berserk = losing control. OTOH, SEED enhances control, speed, reflex. Not everyone has SEED. It is a rare ability. Even rarer is Newtype ability.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Here's another unanswered question relating to SEED factor:
Does Lacus have SEED?

I mean, we do see her pupils go the same way Kira/Athrun/Cagalli's do, but we don't actually get an animation of the explosion thingy...

Also, is there different ways to enter SEED mode? if so, are there differences in the causes or effects? because in phase 30, both Kira and Athrun go in SEED mode, but the animations are different: we see Kira's forehead transparent, and the seed thingy bounce once before exploding. while for Athrun, we zoom in from his eye, and the seed thingy just explodes.

I think yes, Lacus does have SEED but she goes into it in a different way than Kira, Athrun or any other character. It is also possible that her SEED mode is linked to Kira in some way since she was able to sense when Kira was in danger during the battle vs Rey in GSD.

the names RAU LE CRUESSET ithink i maybe wrong 2

the seed thingy boundcing off something creating ripples first appeared it GS that how kira went to seed for the first time but i like the one where they zoom into the eye and the cystal explodes (it looks nicer)

merged: 04-01-2006 ~ 04:50pm
maybe if someone could explain all about SEED mode(s), it would be VERY cool

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Quote by JenosydesWhisperMatrixOkay over here in the States I didn't get to see what Raila Cruse (you know Mu Laflaga's father's clone: sorry if I spelled his name wrong) looked like under his mask...for all of those that are in the know can you tell me like does he have like a third eye, rapidly ageing eyes, no eyes or WHAT! I'm going crazy! OH and it's okay if the answers are found in Destiny just please tell me.

Ok, if you've seen Gundam seed destiny, then skip this pic(which is kinda impossible) for I'm assured that you've already seen it.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/shinn_yamato/rau.jpg

He looks pretty um... normal, but I think he wears that mask because he ages so fast. Also, because of this, he has a short life span that made him bitter about life. Here's his life story which I found in a certain website(wikipedia.org).

Rau Le Creuset is a unit commander in ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty). Cool, cunning, and very mysterious, Rau Le Creuset is an adept commander in his field and an excellent mobile suit pilot. He becomes famous early in the war during the Battle of Yggdrasil as a Red Jacket, in which he used his ZGMF-1017M GINN High Maneuver Type mobile suit to destroy 37 Earth Alliance mobile armors and six warships. This feat earned him the Order of the Nebula, a decoration awarded to ZAFT's most outstanding soldiers. After the Battle of Endymion Crater on the moon, Le Creuset becomes the commander of the newly constructed Nazca-class ship Vesalius. Under his command, the ZAFT vessels Vesalius and Gamow attacked the neutral colony Heliopolis, where the military contractor Morgenroete was constructing prototype mobile suits for the Atlantic Federation.

The raid ended with four of the prototype G weapons being captured by ZAFT and the destruction of Heliopolis itself. The colony's destruction was due to the utilization of heavy weaponry on both sides of the conflict, as ZAFT tried to capture or destroy the GAT-X105 Strike as well as the mobile suit carrier, Archangel.

Apart from attempts to take down the "Ashitsuki (English: Legged Ship)" (as ZAFT codenamed the Archangel), he shares a strange connection with Earth Alliance Mobile Armor (MA) pilot Mu La Flaga and the two are shown to have a rivalry of sorts throughout the war.

Despite his allegiance with ZAFT, Rau bears no loyalty to it, or anyone, for that matter. Fortunately his reputation is high enough that the ZAFT Defense Council Chairman, Patrick Zala, revealed to him the real plans for Operation Spitbreak. He betrayed Zala by giving whatever he was told to an informant named Muruta Azrael, who eventually is found to be the head of the Azrael Conglomerate, a military supplier to the Atlantic Federation, and the leader of the Blue Cosmos rulers of the Earth Alliance. This little betrayal caused a large percentage of ZAFT's earthbound forces to be lost during Operation Spitbreak. However, most members of the Supreme Council and the ZAFT military are either so intimidated or manipulated by Le Creuset that they would never suspect his treason. Only a select few individuals within ZAFT are not so easily misled, and suspected that Le Creuset was up to no good, including Andrew Waltfeld, Siegel Clyne, Athrun Zala, Dearka Elsman, and Lacus Clyne. Rau consolidated his power within ZAFT by sending the extermination squad that would murder Supreme Chairman Siegel Clyne, securing Patrick Zala's position as Supreme Chairman. Although Rau supposedly only answered to Patrick Zala, it becomes quite clear that Patrick was manipulated by Rau to the point that in all practicalities, Patrick was Rau's minion, and not the other way around. By the final battle of Gundam SEED, almost everyone loyal to Patrick Zala remaining in ZAFT was essentially under his complete control. However, Rau did not desire this power in and of itself, but rather achieved it simply as means to an end.

Rau Le Creuset is a unit commander in ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty). Cool, cunning, and very mysterious, Rau Le Creuset is an adept commander in his field and an excellent mobile suit pilot. He becomes famous early in the war during the Battle of Yggdrasil as a Red Jacket, in which he used his ZGMF-1017M GINN High Maneuver Type mobile suit to destroy 37 Earth Alliance mobile armors and six warships. This feat earned him the Order of the Nebula, a decoration awarded to ZAFT's most outstanding soldiers. After the Battle of Endymion Crater on the moon, Le Creuset becomes the commander of the newly constructed Nazca-class ship Vesalius. Under his command, the ZAFT vessels Vesalius and Gamow attacked the neutral colony Heliopolis, where the military contractor Morgenroete was constructing prototype mobile suits for the Atlantic Federation.

The raid ended with four of the prototype G weapons being captured by ZAFT and the destruction of Heliopolis itself. The colony's destruction was due to the utilization of heavy weaponry on both sides of the conflict, as ZAFT tried to capture or destroy the GAT-X105 Strike as well as the mobile suit carrier, Archangel.

Apart from attempts to take down the "Ashitsuki (English: Legged Ship)" (as ZAFT codenamed the Archangel), he shares a strange connection with Earth Alliance Mobile Armor (MA) pilot Mu La Flaga and the two are shown to have a rivalry of sorts throughout the war.

Despite his allegiance with ZAFT, Rau bears no loyalty to it, or anyone, for that matter. Fortunately his reputation is high enough that the ZAFT Defense Council Chairman, Patrick Zala, revealed to him the real plans for Operation Spitbreak. He betrayed Zala by giving whatever he was told to an informant named Muruta Azrael, who eventually is found to be the head of the Azrael Conglomerate, a military supplier to the Atlantic Federation, and the leader of the Blue Cosmos rulers of the Earth Alliance. This little betrayal caused a large percentage of ZAFT's earthbound forces to be lost during Operation Spitbreak. However, most members of the Supreme Council and the ZAFT military are either so intimidated or manipulated by Le Creuset that they would never suspect his treason. Only a select few individuals within ZAFT are not so easily misled, and suspected that Le Creuset was up to no good, including Andrew Waltfeld, Siegel Clyne, Athrun Zala, Dearka Elsman, and Lacus Clyne. Rau consolidated his power within ZAFT by sending the extermination squad that would murder Supreme Chairman Siegel Clyne, securing Patrick Zala's position as Supreme Chairman. Although Rau supposedly only answered to Patrick Zala, it becomes quite clear that Patrick was manipulated by Rau to the point that in all practicalities, Patrick was Rau's minion, and not the other way around. By the final battle of Gundam SEED, almost everyone loyal to Patrick Zala remaining in ZAFT was essentially under his complete control. However, Rau did not desire this power in and of itself, but rather achieved it simply as means to an end.

A chance encounter with Mu La Flaga and Kira Yamato in the abandoned colony of Mendel revealed his true identity and motives. In a shocking revelation, he exclaims that he is neither Natural nor Coordinator, but rather, something far more disturbing and sinister. His real name is Al Da Flaga, Jr., the direct clone of Mu La Flaga's father, Al Da Flaga!

Considering his own son Mu as "nothing" because he was "diluted" by the inferior DNA of a woman, Al Da Flaga, a powerful and wealthy Earth Alliance politician (and perhaps one of the few Cosmic Era Newtypes alive at the time), conspired with Professor Ulen Hibiki to create several direct clones of himself, of which Al, Jr. would be the first, and the one to be considered his "perfect son" and heir, superior in every way to his brother, Mu, who was to be disinherited. Despite the fact that Coordinators had existed for quite some time, direct human cloning was illegal, but Al Da Flaga believed his wealth and influence put him above the law, and thus, Dr. Hibiki agreed to this transaction in exchange for the funds he would use to finance his Ultimate Coordinator project. By virtue of the Flaga bloodline, Al, Jr. was a Cosmic Era Newtype, a trait he apparently inherited from his "father" and shares with his "brother" Mu and thus, he possesses superhuman extra-sensory and mental abilities that far exceed that of ordinary Naturals and Coordinators. However, the cloning would not end with Al Jr.; there were two other clones that were accounted for: Rey Za Burrel, who would be seen with Rau when he was a child; and Prayer Reverie who piloted the YMF-X000A Dreadnought against Canard Pars and supposedly died of imperfections due to the cloning process. Any other clones that were created were destroyed when Mendel was abandoned. It is implied that these clones, containing Al Da Flaga, Sr.'s Newtype DNA, were the prototypes for the Ultimate Coordinator project in which Kira Yamato was the final product.

However, Al, Jr. was an imperfect clone due to short telomeres that caused rapid aging; at first, this was done intentionally, so that Al, Jr. could catch up to Mu in age and replace him. Once Al, Jr. reached Mu's physical age, they attempted to stop the accelerated aging process but found that they were not able to do so permanently. At this point, Al, Jr. understood that he was an abomination and loathed his own existence and his "father" even more so for creating him. He was forced to take a special drug that stabilized his aging; if he goes too long without taking the medication, he suffers intense pain. Because of the pain of his imperfection, Al, Jr. becomes mentally unstable, deciding that Naturals and Coordinators are both unfit for living, and sees to it that the imminent destruction of both parties, and all mankind, is accomplished. The beginning of his revenge is depicted in the flashback seen in PHASE 45, where a young Al, Jr. is heard laughing maniacally as his father is burned to death along with his estate by an angry mob that accompanied him to undertake this grim act of retribution. But it did not end there.

He would assume the name "Rau Le Creuset" - "le creuset" being French for "The Crucible," a reference to Arthur Miller's famous play about the Puritan Witch Hunts, which is symbolic of his twisted mission to "pass judgment on all of humanity by penalty of death" - and join the ZAFT military, where his piloting skills, keen intellect, and uncanny powers of persuasion ensured his rise to the highest ranks of command. He dons his trademark mask not to hide his identity but out of shame and hatred that he looks exactly like the one person he hated most: his father.

Rau believed that every human's sole purpose for living is to be "better" than everyone else, and that all people are miserable, selfish, and shameless creatures who will do anything to "get ahead." He justifies this point of view by virtue of his very existence: he is the direct result of the worst act of human hubris ever perpetrated - cloning. While he believes that humanity will eventually wipe itself out in time, he is not satisfied in merely waiting for that to happen on its own. As he is imminently doomed himself due to his unstable genetic makeup, he believes all life in the universe deserves to perish along with him and becomes hellbent towards making that end a reality. So it comes as no surprise that Rau is effectively able to manipulate any character consumed by mankind's "worst" motivations such as hatred, fear, revenge, greed, ignorance, or lust for power into doing whatever he wanted towards that end, including Flay Allster, Patrick Zala, Muruta Azrael, and, for almost the entire duration of the series, Yzak Joule. To facilitate this plan, he leaks to the Earth Alliance the N-jammer canceller technology used to create the ZGMF-X10A Freedom and the ZGMF-X09A Justice through a disc he entrusted to Flay Allster, a young Earth Alliance soldier (and a former crew member of the Archangel) that he captured during the Battle of JOSH-A. This eventually leads to the use of nuclear missiles again by the Earth Alliance, and the eventual destruction of the ZAFT military asteroid Boaz. With nuclear missiles on the Earth Alliance's side, and the GENESIS superweapon on ZAFT's side, it seemed as though all life will end and his goal fulfilled. It was only by the actions of the Three Ships Alliance at the Second Battle of Jachin Due that that plan was narrowly thwarted and mankind lived to see another day.

In the final battle of the war, Rau piloted the ZGMF-X13A Providence, the final ZAFT Gundam. Because of the Providence's sheer power, Rau managed to easily cripple the Strike and the Buster and short after destroyed an escape shuttle that launched from the Dominion that contained Flay Allster, after which he has a final battle with Kira Yamato in the ZGMF-X10A Freedom.

During his fight with Kira, Rau manages to cripple the Freedom using the powerful DRAGOON System installed in the Providence. However, the young Coordinator makes a comeback and in one final desperate attack, mortally wounds Rau by impaling his cockpit with a double-sided beam saber, and the Providence is then vaporized during a misfire of GENESIS, along with Rau. Rau dies with a smile on his face. Is it a smile of relief that his tortured existence has been ended, and that he was proven wrong by Kira about humanity's desire to continue on in search of peace and harmony, or was there a darker meaning behind it?

Two years have passed since the Second Battle of Jachin Due, but with the start of a new war between the Earth Alliance and PLANT and the subsequent use of nuclear weapons, Rau's words echo in Kira's mind: "This is a world where people's hearts are filled with hatred, where fingers have no purpose other than to pull triggers..." Rau's plans to end all of humanity may have died along with him, but Kira's fight is far from over...

Come to think of it, he lived a very lonely life that resulted in him developing a twisted concept of humanity's existence.

I think this little piece of info also answers why Rau hates kira to the core and also gives info about the "ultimate coordinator" project.

The famous(or infamous) seed mode doesn't actually make you berserk but it actually gives you the ability for to enter into a state of enhanced awareness and peak physical ability. While in this state, the person (usually a mobile suit pilot, but not necessarily) demonstrates heightened reflexes and extremely quick information processing. This ability is usually triggered by extreme situations or from recalling significant traumas, often arising out of a need to protect someone else in a critical situation.

woa... 0_o now that's a LOT of info...

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.