Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ecchi: Yes or Not? - Minitokyo

Ecchi: Yes or Not?

You agree to this MT' decision?

NO
58 votes
YES
56 votes
I DON'T KNOW
11 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 52 total items

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

ok- I only have a minute and sorry to take so long to reply-

First of all, with the great sweep of deletions in the gallery, things will be accidentl;y deleted, because each moderator has a different view on what is "suggestive" and what is not- and we have realized this. What we are currently doing is going by the guidelines we've made, writing down which mod has swept what gallery and so forth, then having another go through and make sure the deletions are questionable/not- I also ask that members who have had deletions such as "Lucy" [because I myself find it artistic, and while browsing the gallery passed on deleting that one because of that] should PM a moderator from that section with the original botchii message [so we know if it was deleted for mature content/low quality/rip/etc] and politely ask for a reconsideration. Now, if the moderator dissagrees and believes it to be offensive/suggestive/non-artistic, I'm pretty sure it is and shouldn't be in the gallery- but if it is deemed not so, it will be restored to the gallery. Again, please be patient and recognize that we are all human and do not have a chip which allows us to delete what is exactly borderline or not.

as for the sponsor problem- like I said, all I know is what we were told- we may be working on fixing the problem/nopt, I have no idea- but what I can tell you is we are discussing the matter at hand and will try to come up with the best possible way for both all members and sponsors- these things take time you know.

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

MT does not control Google, yes. However, MT does not have to use Google Adsense if their policies conflict with the site. There are other ad networks out there, and MT CAN control who they use.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Anime-fan

Anime-fan

Anime-fan

in 3 days i have lost almost 20 wallpapers to 60.
Please i'm here because i'm a fan of the ecchi pictures... on the internet is so hard to find ecchi materials without vulgarity... but here is possible... i'm just asking to protect the ecchi section and to be more tolerant, a sexy picture has never killed anybody.

Kadath

Kadath

Logorroico e Gonorroico

Thank you really much, belmikry. I can understand how difficult can be that work, and how messy it have to be. I hope we all can find, with patience and maturity from both sides, a good and balanced compromise.

I would like to take the chance, anyway, to report (as of mine obviously partial experience, of course) how many people has manifested the feeling of being often ignored by the moderators, never getting any answer to their PMs. That's not strange, really, I was a mod in various communities, and I know how many PMs you can receive daily, often most of them pointless or purely polemic. It soon gets a pain even thinkin' of reading 'em.

It could be a good idea to create an official topic where, when this work will be at a good point, the users will have the chance to list their contested ecchi removals for a "last check" with the assigned moderators. This would merge most of the controversy in one, well sorted, place, easing moderator's work, and, hopefully, making users feeling they are really listened to. I know there's already a more general topic assigned to this task, but a dedicated one just for this ecchi trouble would be probably better (as you see, there's people who have doubts about many removals, not just a few).

Just to throw in my two cents, anyway, I'm really not into Google's recent politics (i still find on the web sites sponsorized by google that let you download illegal material, but that's not of our business), but... well, i know of many sites that just control their material with the user control panel. Upon registering you give them your age, your allowance/denial on seeing that material and it's done.

On MT there's already the age field... It just needs an extra field on the sql DB and a couple tweaks on the code : if the image is categorized as "ecchi" you see it only if you are registered as 18 or older (or 21, it depends) and you gave your allowance; else, you just don't see it. Once you formally declared of being of full age, and the desire to see those pics, then it is up to you, MT has no more legal responsibility on that matter.
This chance, anyway, depends on which is the real issue with Google. If it's something regarding pseudo-legal matters and fears it could be a solution, if they are just vaguely worried about their "image", it would be the opposite. Once you make an "adult" section, it really seems you are offering something "dirty". ;)

Anna tyenna Sina coilenya A tel`laar ya feithayamin.
Anna tyenna Tel`Lù a Oialë O er Siin.
Ya`vithel il`er hannen Onamin ere` nîr a hiraeth Tenna sina garbuia ten`alaslyë Calë a Eina

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 52 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.