Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sex changes - Minitokyo

What do you think about this?

It's fine
16 votes
It's not good
9 votes
It must be a mental disorder
11 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Surprisingly I have not seen a thread regarding this subject. What are your thoughts on sex changes. I for one think it's really sick. As the saying goes deal with the hand your dealt. I'm a girl im damn proud of it. Yes there are things i'd like to do without but you gotta take the good with the bad. I'm sure boys have things they like and don't. But what do you think about people who do this.

I myself think that the whole idea of altering gender should be banished. I have some looking up to do, but there are cases where this has been done to infant children by their parent's for what they thought were "medical reasons" that had very traumatic circumstances.

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

I'm not going bother with this subject for very long.
1. in some cases there are mental problems that make the person want to change sex.
2. But some males are born with higher amounts of estrogen and when i say higher i mean really high. also the oppisite will occur to. I think it should be left up to the person themselve. but there are some cases when a bperson has both pysical atributes of a female and male. That causes a decion to be made should be change the sex to one or the other.

I for one think if someone is going to change gender a doctor should first see if they are mentaly fit and see if there are any beharioal reasons. But all in all i think it should be allowed. bweb it bet you think this is evil too.( just a guess)
thats all

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by bwebI myself think that the whole idea of altering gender should be banished. I have some looking up to do, but there are cases where this has been done to infant children by their parent's for what they thought were "medical reasons" that had very traumatic circumstances.

Huh? Well, I know it happened (and maybe still happens) to children who were unfortunately born with hermaphrodism, that is, born with both sexes. So the doctors advised a single sex to the parents soon after the birth and took the other one out through surgery. And there have certainly been instances during which the sex chosen didn't fit the person. Which is sad to say, and I believe, today, they advise to put off the surgery until the time the child is old enough to have a say in the decision.

Now, when it comes to gender alteration, personally, I may find it a little gross, and weird. But I also respect the choice of those who want to change sex. After all, it is not my decision to make, nor should it be anyone else's. It is their life and their body after all. Otherwise, I'd also be against plastic surgery alltogether, except maybe for health issues or really extreme cases. And I don't think that banning it will stop it from happening now. People already find a way to have it done on the black market for various reasons. Besides, I believe forbidding it goes against human's right to freedom of choice... What I find a bit sad, is that not everyone making the surgeries are safe people to go to, and there have been many horror stories about butched surgeries and their consequences.

TenX

TenX

Tx [full luv]

everyone choose what they want to do...
there's nothing too much to think... if he pays well ... there will always be someone who'll do it for him/ her ...
i voted in a mental disorder.. hahahah...

phamster2002

phamster2002

far east tribe leader

i think is a mental disorder that some thing happen to them in there childhood or something like that for example a guy was ignored by his parents and his parents mainly paid attention to his sister so he change his sex to be more like his sister so his parents would not ignore him anymore

another example a girl might want to be a guy because she got rapped by people on a daily base or some thing like that

Ketsumi

Ketsumi

[ Zentaisei ]

Well... It might be fun for one day to be of the opposite gender,
but... I strongly go againts this.
You are made the way you are at birth for a reason.
Love who and what you are, because that's you, and you alone.

Signature

TigerPrincess

TigerPrincess

Princess of the Tigers

It seriously grosses me out, but that's why I'm never going to do it, but if you think about it, it's that person's choice. Barely anyone seems to get that the person having it done has made that decision and probably how hard it was for them to make. I mean you can't just wake up one morning and go "I'm going to change my gender" you have to think long and hard about it. Plus it's not us having it done, so why should we care. My sister had it done, and I'm actually quite glad that I now have a brother. It's something that's been around for a loing time, and I haven't heard anyone complain about it till now.

-Tiger-

If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died...

I dont like it. If you like a person of the same gender then just be gay. You dont have to have a sex change. I think it is messed up if a straight person and a tranny hook up and the tranny doesnt even say anything about it and they end up doing stuff. I'm thinking that the straight person will be very upset. So yea, I think it is wrong.

It's disgusting, but people have the right to choose to do this.

Signature Image

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

I don't particularly care. People can do what they will, if someone wants to have such an operation neither I nor anyone else has the right to judge them.

I dont see why it should be disgusting. It is their body, so they have the right to do what they want. If people think you must not change your body, they should also think about simple things as changing hair color as alterations.

"If you like a person of the same gender then just be gay."

It is not about being gay, some people feel like they are born in the wrong body.

A lot of people are being fairly judgemental about something that is poorly understood by PHDs, let alone your average forum poster. It's quite funny how accepting homosexuality is cool and hip, yet accepting transgender people remains taboo. Double standards will get you nowhere.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

p[eople say taht its fine? damn i have a heart of a girl and i CAN think like a gril and thats why i give out dating advice and philosophies on people. Well it costs a lot of money and you cant get rid of the testes or attach a new one

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Gender identities are not just physical. They are also hormonal, mental, and cultural. Being who you really are is complex. I don't see why it should be a problem for a person, who is mentally and culturally suited to being one gender, to make physical changes in their body that reflect that identity.

And for the record, I have not heard of anyone physically altering their gender in some attempt to make themselves un-gay. From what I understand, the majority of transgender people change genders because they want their outward appearance to suit their inward natures. This means that at least in part they are being manipulated by cultural standards. If it was culturally acceptable for a woman to be butch or a man to wussy (excuse the rough terminology), then they might not feel the need to make such drastic changes.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

agent1

agent1

I'm still young

it's sort of bad because how would you feel if you were going out with a guy/girl and found out that they were actually a girl/guy? i mean if it was me i would just faint if i found that out you know?...

as day by day pass by
oh how I wish that
those days will never die

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

what are you guys talking about?!?!?!
what about rights? what about choices? what about decisions?!
simply and plainly, its super disgusting to alter your gender!
imagine a guy that wants to change into a girl...and the people around him once knew it was a guy...YUCK!
same goes for the girl...all of a sudden, she's got a penis? how's that even possible! i don't even think the "sickest" prostitute would want to sleep with him(previous her)!
i mean common people! think of it logically! what's the use of doing such a thing? increase your sex opportunities?
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard in my life!
(not this thread, but the idea of altering genders! ^_^)
that's for me!

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i guess it's the genes at fault. i think it doesn't matter if one is a guy or girl, but if the genes were more on either side, that person would behave more like that gender. which means, if a guy has female genes(behavior) he'll most probably think himself as a woman trapped in a woman's body.

i wonder why even this kind of technology was even developed. and so, i think we all should be careful with our girls/guy, who knows, they might once be the opposite sex. that is, if you mind that. for me, i guess i'll look for a girl i knew since childhood, that would terminate those possibilities.

Signature

glitterbats

glitterbats

Dr. Curiosity

I agree with wolfco, for the most part.

I'm not going to address the subject of gender surgery on babies, because I simply don't have the time right now to both type it out and hunt down the relevant links. As for adults, to put my opinion in extremely simplistic terms, it's their life and their bodies. It's not going to hurt anyone else, so why shouldn't they have the right to change their gender? If waking up and seeing a woman in the mirror, instead of the man they were born as (or vise versa), is what will make them happy, what will make them feel good and right about themselves, then why not?

And by the way, the proper term for a person who wants to change their gender so is transsexual. I'd suggest doing research on the topic, and I don't mean that in a snarky way.

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

I don't really give a crap if people change there sex. But to me, whatever gender I was meant to be I will gladly stay as. I agree with many of the key points here but I am probably staying neutral on this cause its true it seems stupid and sick but at the same time its also ones choice and course of action. Remeber people, we are humans either way and that this thread is the same as asking is homosexuality right? Is hentai considered sick? Well? Its the same as this thread.

So before people continue, remeber that NONE of us are perfect and we must respect those of who commit acts that seem sick but there is a reason unless you are an idiot.

As I said before,I respect the opinions given by everyone on this discussion as long as the opinion seems fair enough.

Ok, I usually don't post on these types of threads simply because I do not find it worthwhile to debate online but this is one that I think everyone needs to be enlightened as to why it usually happens. So here is your Biology lesson. I am assuming you have taken basic bio and know that we have chromosomes and all that stuff. Well as most of you may know Females are born with XX on the sex chromosome and Males with XY. Now more things the just the sex are on these chromosomes like color-blindness. But mostly they contain your sexual identity. Now we all know that Male and Females are different but it is not just by looks but also in chemicals and how your brain works. Now in bio most learn of crossing over which is during one of the processes with the genes multiply before you become an embryo in your mother. This causes genes that normal go together to be separated. Example: Blonde hair and blue eyes stick together, but they get pulled apart in crossing over and that is why there are people with brown hair and blue eyes. Now imagine this happens to the sex genes, meaning they will have the male organs and female brain functions or chemicals (also can happen vice versa). This is usually when a sex change comes in because they are transgender and that can be a really hard place to be. I think sex changes are perfectly fine if this is the case and usually it is, yes there are some mental cases but I believe before you go bashing people for doing something you should know why they do it. So for people like bweb and leosama84 (no, I'm not picking on you, both just made comments that I found unfounded) I think you should do some research and rethink your beliefs.

I know this is the simplified version so I recommend that if you don't believe me or want to know more go do your own research.

Side note: This is not related to gay/lesbians/bis in anyway

When it comes down to it, we are all at the mercy of idiots.

Anime trade? PM for list ^^

Simple, as long as it's not you, then you shouldn't care all that much. I mean TigerPrincess's sister got a sex change, and before she did I went out with her, and I am now, and I feel no different around her...him. I mean, I truthfully wouldn't even think about it, but I'm not going to judge people like that either.

~Kyo~

I think that laws must be imposed on gender changes.

First, the health services (at least the NHS) are in a lot of debt. I am going to guess that this procedure will cost quite a bit of money. Thus, they should pay for such a service and not leech off the government. I'm sure no-one wants tax to increase because of an influx of those wanting this procedure done.

Second, children should not be able to have it done. It'll get in the way of the population because males tend to be more valued than females because of costs and "keeping the family name". I'd say, set an age law such as 18 for this to be done; a lot of teenagers/children are too immature to make such decisions. Parents should not be able to alter their children, either.

Other than that, I see no problem. Their body and health, they should be able to do as they wish with it.

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

Well, I think that people should be happy with being either a boy or a girl. Playing with your own genre in my opinion is a way of asking for atention. One thing is to dress up or try to look like people from the other genre (I sometimes prefer to look a little more femenine) but changing your sex... god, if you are a boy or a girl, stick to that and learn to live life in that genre!

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.